Golden Time

By Emmy_Rose_alternate

Yoona has been rescuing and recovering hybrids her entire life. Now she has inherited her grandparent's hybri... More

1. Dangerous Line of Work
3. Calm Before the Storm
4. Have Courage, Be Kind
5. Making a home
6. A Doctor's Visit
7. The Question
8. Protect and Protected
9. The Power of the Queen
10. Deciding Fate
11. Warmth of the Sun
12. Different Worlds Collide
13. Enemy Territory
14. What You Need
15. And Play She Does
16. Eleventh Hour
17. Time in Dying
18. Safe and Sound
19. A Chance to Recover
20. Happy Holidays
Author Note
21. What's In A Name
22. Patience Waning
23. The Undoing
24. Going Home
25. Coming Home
26. Never Make Her Wait
27. Family Dinner
28. Family Matters
29. The Future Looks...
30. Already in Paradise (m)
31. Finally Home (m)
32. Pre-Rut (m)
33. What Could Have Been
34. Always Find Her
35. The Final Act
36. Finally Found
37. Happily Ever After

2. You Can Rest Easy

6.4K 336 11
By Emmy_Rose_alternate

The process was easy. A little too easy for Yoona to basically buy another person, that she was now completely responsible for. Signing what she needed to, with a few copies each, Yoona was quick to exchange the heavy, spiked leather collar around his red, scarring neck to something soft and completely unnoticeable. Even going as far as to give the hybrid a change of clothes, with the quick comment of "I want him to look pretty next to me." to Mr. Lee as Jungkook changed into a new pair of jeans and a clean shirt.

Finally in clean clothes, Jungkook now stood close to Yoona, who breathed a little easier feeling him close to her. He was going home with her and not these people, that was enough to be thankful for the heat coming off the body next to her onto her arm. Putting the copies of the adoption papers back into her bag, Yoona handed it to Jungkook as Mr. Lee and the Bonavich's approached them both

"Thank you again, Mr. and Mrs. Bonavich, for everything." Yoona moved to shake both of their hands quickly.

"It was an honor doing business with you." Mrs. Bonavich nodded before moving to Mr. Bonavich's arm.

"We really hope he is what you are looking for." Mr. Bonavich's hand lingered a little too long before it was just Mr. Lee in front of them.

"Mr. Lee... I really don't know how to thank you for this." Yoona moved forward, even planting a soft kiss on Mr. Lee's cheek, forever playing her role.

"The pleasure is all mine, Miss Park." Mr. Lee's hand held Yoona's arm softly. "If you ever need another one, please do not hesitate to call me."

Yoona tried to take her leave, but Mr. Lee was harder to budge then the Bonavich's were a moment ago. Mr. Lee insisted on walking Yoona and Jungkook back out to the main floor where the show was still going. There were currently 3 prey hybrids standing on the stage, each one of them female and each one of them practically naked for the hungry eyes of the lonely women with their husbands money. Yoona took notice how Jungkook still refused to look up, holding onto her bag as if it was his life's purpose to make sure nothing happened to it as they passed the crowds of wondering eyes to the already claimed hybrid next to Yoona.

Mr. Lee helped Yoona shrug her coat back on, with a sweet goodbye, before they finally parted ways, Yoona and Jungkook only waiting a full minute for her car to pull up. Jungkook waited for Yoona to sit in her car comfortably before he himself got into the passenger seat, still clutching her handbag like it was a lifeline. From the way that Jungkook slightly trembled as Yoona continued to drive further out of the city, Yoona could only think that maybe holding onto her bag was something of a calming factor for him.

Before either of them knew it, Yoona was pulling into the long dirt driveway of her grandparents hybrid farm. Jungkook looked out the window to see what looked like a small village, full of small houses around a main house, he caught sight of a few predator hybrids still out and around as they pulled up to the front gate. Even as late as it was, the time ticking past midnight, lots of houses still had their lights on to welcome Yoona and Jungkook home, the more nocturnal hybrids seemed to be in the middle of their day, even waving towards the car that drove past them. Yoona already knew that those lights were always going to stay on, until finally when they knew Yoona was safe and home, back on the property where she had saved so many others like Jungkook.

Yoona had kept a watchful eye on the hybrid in the seat next to her, his eyes barely flicking up, that she caught at least, even as the lights they past could have easily caught his attention. Once driving down the dirt road Jungkook finally and purposely looked up, only to seemed so confused seeing just how big the community they had driven into really was, the obvious hybrid village a welcoming sight to a hybrid who had never truly had a home in years. Yoona would explain everything to him once inside the much larger home in the middle of the property, and maybe she would get him to finally speak to her, even if it was just his name. That's not to say she doesn't already know it, having heard Mr. Bonavich say his name a few hours ago, but there was no harm in him telling her his name, just to start a building block to trust.

"This is the main house on the property." Yoona spoke softly as she parked the car in front of the large home, the welcoming soft glow of lights coming from the house illuminating their faces. "There are a few hundred people living on the property but only I live here." Yoona turned the car off, everything going dark in the now silent car, unbuckling her belt and gesturing for Jungkook to follow her lead before stepping out of the car. "You'll stay here with me for now. In a few months or so, we can move you into your own home."

With a warm smile, Yoona stepped out of the car, closing her door and looking over the top to see Jungkook had done the same, before finally walking up the porch steps, Jungkook kept close to Yoona. Yoona was just happy to finally be home, the heels on her feet were starting to really hurt her, no doubt causing some type of rash or blister on her heel from the uncomfortable and constant pain caused. Reaching out for her handbag, Jungkook gave it to her without question, Yoona digging in her bag for a few seconds before producing the keys and quickly unlocking the door. Pushing the large heavy wooden door open, Yoona stepped aside to let the hybrid into the warm house first, wanting to allow him to adjust to the new smells and new sensations around him, even just a little for now. Yoona pulled her shoes off as she stepped in through the door, keeping a hold on them in one hand as she closed the door, her coat in the other with her handbag as she finally broke the silence.

"Welcome home." Yoona looked towards the hybrid whose eyes were still trained on absolutely anything except her. "Mi casa and all that."

Yoona was hoping that would ease him up a little, maybe even have him look towards her, even if he wasn't ready to look her in the eye. His gaze continued around his surroundings, almost completely afraid of being caught looking at her, it would seem that the Bonavich's had really made him into their obedient little pet. 

With a nod of understanding, Yoona motioned for him to follow her into the open living room, hearing him remove his own shoes before following her quickly. Throwing her own coat over one of the large couches, her heels firmly in her hand with the intention of throwing them into the back of her wardrobe away from Jungkook, Yoona looked around her own home, seeing her grandparents in everything around her.

"The kitchen is right through there. If your ever hungry, please do not hesitate to eat anything you want." Yoona softly smiled up to the hybrid who caught her eyes for a mere second before quickly looking away. "If there is something you'd want or prefer to eat, I keep a list on the fridge and go shopping once a week. You're welcome to add anything to the list."

Yoona got a nod from Jungkook to let her know he was listening as he finally set his eyes on something just past her shoulder, one of his large ears moving in her direction. His large brown eyes were trying to look at her, instead scanning the room he was in and to where she had pointed towards the kitchen, his eyes catching a glimpse of the paper that was stuck to the large refrigerator. She saw his nose twitch a few times, his ears flickering up as he got a sense of his new surroundings, no doubt smelling the other hybrids around not only the house but around the property.

"On the other side of the stairs," Yoona walked back into the hall by the front entrance in front of the large staircase, giving him a quick tour of the house now before he completely became overwhelmed to the new day once the sun rose. "There is a sitting room, my office and a library on that side of the house." Yoona paused for a moment to let Jungkook take it in before speaking again. "If you'll follow me upstairs."

Yoona almost dragged her feet as she climbed the stairs, the day was starting to catch up to her but she still had a job to do. She could feel Jungkook moving behind her, walking so slowly his own footsteps were unheard, soft, so soft she was afraid that he thought if he made a sound she would punish him. After having meet his previous "Owners", Yoona didn't doubt that something like him making any type of noise would result in a punishment or some type of abuse. Finally standing at the top of the staircase, Yoona waited a few seconds for Jungkook to meet her at the top, standing in front of her as he looked around the second level. 

"If you go back down that way," Yoona pointed behind them, down the open hall to a door that stood by itself. "That's my bedroom. And this is your bathroom." She pointed to a door next to where they stood to her right before walking to another door. "And this, is your bedroom."

Opening the door, Yoona moved back enough for Jungkook to get a good look into what was now his own bedroom. It was mostly bare, a double bed, a desk, bedside tables and lots of sunlight. His large eyes scanned the bare room, he seemed like he wanted to walk around the room, to scent his own personal space, but something stopped him.

"I know it's a little bare, but I thought it would be good for you to decorate it yourself?" Yoona offered, for the first time seeing the bunny hybrid look at her directly, as if asking permission. "You can go in, the wardrobe has clothes in it already, about your size I would say." Stepping back from the door and back towards the bathroom. "You can have a shower to if you'd like. There are fresh towels in your bathroom, I also got hybrid products for you to. I'm going to go down into the kitchen and make something to eat. Come down when you're ready, okay?"

Yoona received a small nod of acknowledgement from Jungkook before she smiled and walked to the end of the hall to her own bedroom. Quickly changing into more comfortable clothes fitting for passing out after a long day, putting the heels in her hands away in the back of her wardrobe before finally getting back down to the kitchen.

It was already so late into the night, checking the time as she moved past the old family clock, knowing a heavy meal would be the worst option. Something light like a sandwich would be perfect right now, Yoona promising herself to cook a proper meal tomorrow night to properly welcome Jungkook to what was a safe haven for hybrids like him.

"After I go shopping at least..."

Yoona's voice trailed off, looking at the discouraging components in her fridge, she really needed to go grocery shopping before she could make any food for anyone.  Quietly as it could be, there was a knock on her door, altering Yoona to someone who could only be one person so late in the night. It was normal for anyone who lived on her property to knock at any time of day or night. So, answering the door at Midnight on a Friday night to one of the hybrids that lived on the sanctuary was normal.

Opening the door, Yoona was greeted by Mrs. Astor, a beautiful bunny hybrid who had watched Yoona grow up since being rescued with her mate by her grandparents nearly 4 decades ago. Her hair had faded to a silver many years ago, along with her white ears that sat straight on her head, a pair of light glasses sat on the bridge of her nose, her ever peaceful eyes smiled at Yoona. 

"I was waiting for you to get home. You told me you were bringing a new hybrid home and I knew you weren't going to go shopping until tomorrow." Mrs. Astor spoke softly, the loving grandmotherly smile never leaving her face as she handed a bag of food to Yoona. "It's all still nice and warm and it smells like you have another bunny. They should enjoy what I have."

"Thank you, Mrs. Astor." Yoona leaned forward, hugging the older woman with one arm as she felt the hybrid scent her lightly as any grandmother would a child in her family, as Yoona was. "I'll bring everything over tomorrow."

"Take your time, sweetheart. I know how it is to have your whole life change overnight." Mrs. Astor held Yoona's hand tightly. "He will take some time to get used to everything and will need you." Mrs. Astor hugged Yoona again, hearing the new hybrid moving around upstairs and whispered; "I'll see you tomorrow, sweetheart."

Yoona waited at her door, watching the older woman walk back to her small house, her husband standing at the door watching her lovingly, sending a wave to Yoona. It was only a few meters away from Yoona's main house, and the paths were perfectly lit, but Yoona liked to make sure she got home safely. When Mrs. Astor reached her door, her mate lovingly wrapping his arms around her, sending another wave to Yoona as she they both finally went inside and to bed.

When Yoona finally made it back to the kitchen, she quickly and as softly as she could, grabbed out two plates and unloaded the food, putting extra care into placing more onto Jungkook's plate. Happily seeing some of her favourite things in the containers she could only hope that Jungkook enjoyed the food as much as she would.

She heard his soft footfalls on the stairs before she saw him, soon the bunny hybrid was standing in the doorway of the kitchen, not seeming to know if he should move into the open room. For a moment he just watched her, Yoona noticed he had changed into looser fitting clothes, the sweatpants and large shirt hanging around him. They looked good on him, warmer than what he was wearing when she had first seen him, more comfortable then the jeans she'd given him, he seemed to hold the soft material against his skin.

"Is there anything you don't or can't eat?" Yoona asked as she looked up to Jungkook.

He softly shook his head before moving a little closer to her, standing on the opposite side of the bench. His eyes scanned the food, his nose twitched almost happily. He must be hungry. Yoona didn't even want to think of the last time he'd had a proper meal.

"Mrs. Astor, who lives in the first house to the left, made some food for us." Yoona proudly showed the food. "It's really good. She's a rabbit hybrid just like you."

Again, Jungkook merely nodded his appreciation. It would seem he wasn't all that talkative, which didn't surprise Yoona all that much.

"I'm Yoona by the way. Yoona Park." Yoona handed the hybrid a plate, which he gratefully took with a small smile.

"I'm Jungkook." He answered softly, bowing almost to a 90 degree angle with the plate of food securely in his hands.

"It's a pleasure to officially meet you Jungkook." Yoona smiled widely before gesturing to the chairs at the counter. "We can sit here to eat."

Another nod from Jungkook and he placed his plate in front of one of the chairs at the counter, patiently waiting for Yoona to sit first. When she finally did, Jungkook hesitated first, before deciding to join her before they started eating. It was quiet, only cutlery against the plates before anyone talked.

"I will be going into town tomorrow." Yoona spoke as she rinsed the plates after both of them had finished eating. "I was thinking maybe we can find you some things to decorate your room?"

Jungkook nodded, standing at the counter again, but his eyes were focused on Yoona, listening to her talk.

"Will you be okay to come into town with me?" Yoona asked. Finally closing the dishwasher and turning to face Jungkook.

Nodding again, Yoona was finally ready to call it a night and from the way Jungkook's ears and eyes seemed to lower in exhaustion, Yoona knew he was ready too. Both of them moved up the stairs softly and to their separate bedrooms on the second floor. Yoona waited a moment longer, watching as Jungkook stood at his door as if deciding something before turning back around.

"Miss?" Jungkook called softly.

"Yes?"

"Thank you. For everything." Jungkook bowed a full 90 degrees without the cautions of a plate of food in his hands, not seeing Yoona's little smile. "I promise to work hard for you."

"You are not here to work, Jungkook." Yoona smiled at his confused look. "You are here to simply live. I just want you to be happy." Jungkook was still confused, Yoona would no doubt have to explain to him everything tomorrow. "Get some rest tonight Jungkook. We can talk in the morning. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Miss."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

818K 20.4K 49
Y/N is a rabbit hybrid. One day bts decides to adopt a pet but they accidentally adopt a hybrid. let's see what happens next.
389K 16.8K 40
In which cat hybrid Jimin gets all the love from his new owner Yoongi who is just as curious about his new kitten as he is him. Does Yoongi even kno...
382K 22.8K 20
When the doctor tells the Jeon's that their newborn Jungsoo could die due to his premature birth, Mr. Jeon decides to clone him as soon as possible. ...
1.1M 43.7K 54
(y/n) is convinced by her friend to go get pets together, only they weren't just getting pets but hybrids. (y/n) finds out that going from living al...