Without You - Niam Horayne

By Anonymous43

Niall Horan, famous member of One Direction, has been missing for almost a month. Without him, Liam is lost a... More

Chapter 1 - Missing Him
Chapter 2 - Pain and Crimson Pools
Chapter 3 - The Return
Chapter 4 - Bad Dreams and Repressing Memories
Chapter 5 - Confessions
Chapter 6 - The Interview
Chapter 7 - Returned Feelings
Chapter 8 - Back Into Routine
Chapter 9 - The Healing Process Begins
Chapter 10 - William
Chapter 11 - Scars
Chapter 12 - Visit #2
Chapter 13 - Vacation?
Chapter 14 - Teasing and Being Unpredictable
Chapter 15 - Second Guessing Love
Chapter 16 - Trust
Chapter 18 - A New Burden
Chapter 19 - I'll Race You
Chapter 20 - He's Back
Chapter 21 - Kissing In The Dark
Chapter 22 - The Scavenger Hunt
Chapter 23 - Not Again
Chapter 24 - The Room and The Hotel Key
Chapter 25 - William To The Rescue
Chapter 26 - Safe But Not Sound
Chapter 27 - The Aftermath Is Brutal Payne
Chapter 28 - Fix You, Break Me
Chapter 29 - What The Hell Have You Done?
Chapter 30 - Breaking The Reflection
Chapter 31 - The Failed Attempt
Chapter 32 - Love Me Senseless
Epilogue
~Side Note~
Other Work?

Chapter 17 - You Are Not Worthless

20.5K 600 224
By Anonymous43

MWAHAHA! Another update! I hope you enjoy!

DRAMA TIME!

Please comment, vote, and message me! Thanks to everyone who is reading!

READ ON!

Zayn’s P.O.V.

            Pictures of Niall’s shirtless body flashed through my head. Not because I enjoyed the sight. It was the exact opposite. Niall had scars all over his torso, and the visions were haunting me. They were scars I had never seen before. There was one scar that was especially concerning though, right in between his shoulder blades. I never got a good view of it, but there was definitely something fishy about the raised pale streaks over his back. Where had Niall gotten the scars from? I decided that I couldn’t just let it slide by. I had to figure it out. So, I went to Liam, because he knew Niall better than any of us.

            “Hey, Li,” I said, walking into the room he was sharing with Niall, happy to find him alone.

            “Zayn,” He smiled back at me. Liam and I used to be insanely close, best friends. Lately, however, I felt like I was being replaced by Niall. But, if Liam was in love with Niall, which he was, it made sense.

            “I need to ask you something about Niall,” I said, sitting on the bed next to him. He suddenly became nervous looking.

            “O-Okay,” He stuttered.

            “Have you, uh, have you seen him shirtless lately?” I asked, feeling slightly awkward.

            Liam looked at me weird, “Yeah,”

            “Did you notice anything…different than normal?”

            “What?”

            “The scars,” I said finally, because Liam seemed confused about what I was getting at. Liam looked down at his hands and nodded.

            “Yeah, I’ve seen them,” He said.

            “Well…” I said, “Have you…asked him about them, or, something?”

            “Yes, yes Zayn I have,” Liam got frustrated quickly, “He wouldn’t answer. He never answers any of my questions anymore, okay? So don’t ask me,”

            “Liam, I’m sorry, I just figured that maybe…” I trailed off.

            “Maybe what? Did you think that Niall told me where he disappeared to for those months? Because he didn’t. He won’t tell me, he never will. I don’t know where he got the scars, but if I did, I would kill whoever gave them to him.”

            I just sat there, surprised by his anger and his grief.

            “I’m sorry,” Liam mumbled to me as tears started to form in his eyes. I shook my head and wrapped him up in my arms, letting his cry into my shirt. I didn’t care that he yelled at me, it was obvious to see how hurt he was by this.

            “Maybe just give him time?” I suggested.

            “I’m trying,” Liam whimpered into my shirt. I ran my hair through his short hair hushed him softly.

            “It’ll be okay Liam,” I cooed.

Liam’s P.O.V.

            Zayn was right. I needed to figure out about Niall’s scars, so that night, I decided I was going to ask him. It was late, and Niall and I were lying in the king sized bed, watching TV. He yawned sleepily and made me chuckle. I ran my hand through his blonde hair and then caressed his face.

            “Ready for bed, baby?” I asked gently. Niall nodded and I stood up and grabbed the TV remote, turning it off. I then stripped of my shirt and pants—I always sleep in just boxers. Niall took off his jeans, but not his shirt, like he had been lately. I figured he left his shirt on the hide his scars. “Are you going to sleep in your shirt?”

            “Yeah,” Niall said smoothly.

            “You never used to,” I said. It was true. Before Niall disappeared he always slept in just his boxers.

            “Well, uh…” Niall mumbled.

            “Here,” I said, reaching over and grabbing the hem of his shirt, pulling it over his head. He lifted his arms to make it easier for me. Then I saw the scars. He only had a few on the front of his torso, but they weren’t pretty. “Just tell me Niall,” I begged.

            “I’m sorry,” He said, looking ashamed, “I’m ugly,”

            “No, no Niall, that’s not what I mean at all,” I said, “You are beautiful.”

            He looked up into my eyes, he was on the verge of tears. “I don’t deserve you,” Niall mumbled.

            “Yes, you do Niall. Whoever did this to you, they are stupid. So, so, so stupid,” I said, tracing my fingers over the scars on the front of his torso. Then I ran my fingers over his shoulders to his back, right in between his shoulder blades. “Can I see?”

            “Liam, you don’t want to see it,” He said, putting his head down.

            I gently spun him around so I could see his back. There, in betweens his shoulder blades were three distinct scars spelling out a word.

            Fag.

            My heart dropped. Who did this to Niall? My Niall? If I ever found them, I would kill them. Kill them right then, right there.

            “Niall,” I whispered, “You don’t think of yourself like this do you?”

            He shrugged.

            “You are amazing Niall, you can’t think of yourself as a fag, do you hear me? You are my only love, the only one I ever want. Whoever did this to you had no idea of who you actually were.” I said.

            Niall started crying, and fell into my arms. How was I supposed to explain this to Zayn? How was I supposed to explain this to anyone?

            “I wish you could tell me,” I said.

            “Liam,” He sobbed, “I’ll tell you, but you can’t tell anyone else,”

            My heart leaped. Was he really going to tell me?

            “The reason I was gone was…” He trailed off and sobbed more.

            “Niall,” I urged.

            “Liam, if I tell you he’ll hurt you,” Niall whimpered.

            “No he won’t, I promise,” I said, even though I had no idea what Niall was talking about. Niall looked into my eyes and opened his mouth, about to tell me.

            “C’mon lovebirds! We’re going to have a movie marathon in the theater room! Be there or be square!” Harry screamed as he burst into our room. Niall and I both looked at Harry, and I shot him a look that could kill.

            “We’re coming,” I said with a clenched jaw.

            Harry smiled and skipped out of the room.

            “Do you want to sleep, or watch the movie?” I asked, turning back to Niall.

            “Will you carry me to bed if I fall asleep?”

            “Of course, love,” I said.

            I hope that Niall think that we were done talking about this. Because I was going to figure it out. As long as I live, I will try to figure it out. Then when I figure out who did this to Niall, I’m going to kill him.

Niall’s P.O.V.

            Simon called! It was time to go on tour! Woohoo! As much as I enjoyed the vacation, it was about time to get back into the flow of things. Liam had a final session with William, and then we were headed to America. I was glad that we were moving on. I was ready to get back up on stage. This vacation had helped clear my head, just like I had hoped. I was feeling a little bit better about everything.

            Liam hadn’t talked about my disappearance anymore, which was good, and bad. I was actually going to tell him. But then Harry had to come and screw everything up. Oh well, I will tell him eventually, at least, I hope.

            “Niall, I have my final session with William at his office, so I’ll be gone for awhile. Be ready to leave tomorrow morning.” Liam said as he pulled on his coat and slipped on his shoes. I was hanging out in Liam’s flat again.

            “Sure thing,” I smiled. He walked over and pecked me on the lips.

            “I’ll see you in an hour or two, okay?” He asked. I nodded and watched as he walked out the door.

            I turned on the TV and began flipping through the channels. Before I knew it, I was asleep.

            When I woke up from my nap, a few hours later, I rubbed my eyes and yawned. Liam was sitting at my feet, watching me lovingly.

            “You could have woken me,” I said softly.

            “It’s okay,” He shrugged.      

            “How was William?” I asked.

            Liam shrugged again, “We’ll talk about it tomorrow,”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 79 15
Niall loves Liam. But Liam really isn't sure if he loves Niall, he thinks he loves him but he really isn't sure. What is sure is that Zayn has a BIG...
55.3K 1.3K 20
It’s funny how one day two people can be the best of friends one day, and the next, they are complete strangers. Niall and Liam had always been the b...
422 21 22
This story is my first. This story is all about one direction. It has a lot of flashbacks and lots more. I want to make this filled with drama, love...
1.9K 36 17
{this was my first fanfic so don't judge} Niall has gone missing. But only a handful of people know what actually happened. Waliyha Malik is chosen b...