The big question (Complete ✅)

By Winnieflex

Should our beliefs be based on what we are being told? 'Men are scum', She thought. 'They are cheats and lair... More

Author's Piece
Prologue ✔
Chapter 1- I ✔
Chapter 2 - feel ✔
Chapter 3 - pain ✔
Chapter 4 - and strong guilt ✔
Chapter 5 - always and whenever ✔
Chapter 6 - I see your face ✔
Chapter 7 - frustrated and solemn ✔
Chapter 8 - Talking about a miserable life ✔
Chapter 9 - My boo? ✔
Chapter 10 - Cryptic Minds ✔
Chapter 11 - Teams of Themes ✔
Chapter 12 - Needs and Feels ✔
Chapter 13 - Hot blooded ✔
Let's gist small
Chapter 14 - Drama Drama
Chapter 15 - Stinky Mouth!
Chapter 16 - Besties
Chapter 17 - The suspect
Chapter 19 - Stupidity
Chapter 20 - Blames
Chapter 21 - The Messenger
Chapter 22 - Plain Confusion
Chapter 23 - Handsome Devil
Chapter 24 - Busted
Chapter 25 - Worth it
Chapter 26 - Boomeranging decisions
Chapter 27 - Craving Death
Chapter 28 - Trouble on wheels
Chapter 29 - Me and her
Chapter 30 - Frienemies
Chapter 31 - Den of Deceit
Chapter 32 - Surprises
Chapter 33 - The story behind
Chapter 34 - Safe and Saved
Chapter 35 - Final Blow
Bonus Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter 18 - Steady reveal

71 18 0
By Winnieflex

«««««Nonso»»»»»

After staring at the unknown number for a moment, I finally picked the call. "Yes this is Nonso Onochie.... What?...Okay I'll be there in 15 minutes."
The call was from the hospital and they bore bad news.

My dad? Accident?

This can't be true.

I quickly dashed into the room to get my car keys.

"Guy are you okay?" Abel who was wearing an apron and holding two long spoons asked as he studied my demeanour.

"I can't talk. My dad is in hospital as we speak and I have to be there." I quickly dismissed him, grabbed my keys and scurried away.

"Okay text me the address. I'll be there too." Abel yelled after.

"Okay." I replied.

I got into my car, started the engine and drove straight to the hospital.

"My father was rushed here a while ago." I said to the nurse I met at the reception room of the hospital.

She eyed me from my head to my toe, making me conscious of myself, "Who's your father?" she asked with a sassy tone.

"Mr..." As I was about to speak, I heard my name.

"Chinonso!" I turned to the direction of the sound just to see an old family friend.

I left the nurse and walked towards him, "Doctor Frank! What a pleasure." I chirped eagerly as I shook his hands with a small bow.

He patted my shoulder and grinned innocently, "Look at you, all grown up. You must be here for your father." He said.

"Yes doctor please how is he?" I asked hastily.

He shook his head, "Come with me." Was all he said as he gestured for me to follow him.

I silently prayed for a miracle. I took one last look at the nurse and she hissed, loud enough for me hear.

I followed Doctor Frank to his office and sat on an opposite empty chair.

He walked towards a cabinet just beside his table, retrieved an office file and began sorting them.
The suspense in the whole thing was just killing me.

I mean, my father, his friend is somewhere within these walls and he's acting nonchalant about it.

"Can I see my father now?" I blurted in frustration.

He looked up to me and smiled, "I'm afraid you can't." He said and continued sorting his file.

"Sir?" I asked. Just to be sure I don't have ear problem.

He chuckled. "Sir please this is not a laughing matter, I have to know the status of my father's health." I said again impatiently.

He slipped out a paper from the file and placed it on his table, "Nonso... Nonso... I see you've still got your resilience with you." He said and sat on his chair touching his grey beards with all seriousness.
"If you must know, your father, my friend is undergoing a minor surgery as we speak so there's nothing to worry about. He will be fine."

I sighed in relief, "Oh thank God! What about his driver?" I inquired.

"He's fine too. Just minor injuries." He said.

"Can I see him?" I pushed further.

"Yes and No." He replied and leaned forward.

"Sir?" I said.

"After the surgery and just so you know their bills have been taken care of." He clarified.

"By who?" I questioned curiously.

He chuckled lightly and looked at me, "The person chose to be anonymous." He said with a small laugh.

Is it just me or is this man acting weird?

I leapt from the chair, "Doctor I don't understand what's going on any longer. I have to see my father now!" I stamped my feet.

"Calm down, just sit." He said.

"No." I replied defiantly.

"Okay then." He slipped a paper from the office file and then handed it to me.

"What's this?"I asked with distaste without looking at the paper.

"Look at it first." He urged.

I slowly collected the paper and studied it. It had the picture of a girl/woman on it plus other information.

"Do you know her?" I heard the doctor ask.

I shook my head vigorously, "No I don't." I dropped the paper on the table and the doctor started laughing.

"I warned him." He muttered.

"Warned who?" I interrupted.

"Never mind. Let's go see your father." He stood up and briskly walked to the door.

What is going on?

"Hurry up son." He said.

I took one look at the paper, just then I received a text from Abel.

'Guy what's the address.'

I turned off my phone and placed it in my pocket.

I turned again to look at that paper before deciding to take a picture of it.

«««««Soma»»»»»

Immediately I returned to my lodge, I searched for the purse housing that paper.

When I found it, I saved the number on my phone and kept the paper for future purpose.

No one was home yet so I just arranged my side of the room, prepared Indomie and fried egg and began devouring.

Knock                              Knock

"Soma open the door!!" I heard Helen's voice from outside.

If I open this door now, this girl would finish my delicious meal. I must not let that happen.

I took one last spoon and hid the food in the kitchen. I cleaned my mouth to erase all evidence.

"I know you are in there. I'll break this door oo!" She yelled again.

"I'm coming!" I replied and immediately left to open the door.

"Where have you been this girl?" She queried as soon as I open the door.

"Do you want to come in or not?" I snapped.
She hissed, pushed me aside and strolled in like a peacock.

"Do you want to kill me?" I half yelled.

"Is it not better?" She answered.

I placed my hand on my chest and feigned hurt, "You didn't tell me you hate me this much." I said.

She walked straight to my bed and sat. "Please where have you been I've been waiting for you for close to 5 hours now..." She said with disgust.

"Ahhh!! Helen stop lying nah." I interrupted abruptly.

"I'm serious oo." She added.

"But I didn't spend up to 3 hours at his place and..." She cut me off.

"Whose place?!!" She asked with wide eyes and opened mouth, "When did you start going to a man's house? You have learnt bad thing." She pointed a guilty finger at me.

I swatted her arm away, "Calm down joor, I just went to settle things with Nonso plus it wasn't a total waste." I blurted.

She adjusted and readjusted her position getting ready for gossip, "Ehhnnn... What happened next?" She asked eagerly.

I sighed, "It's about those messages I've been receiving." I started.

"Oya gist me." She said and I told her everything including the Ethan incident.

"Wait! Did you say his name is Ethan?" She interrupted.

"Yes. Do you know him?" I asked.

She seemed lost in thought as she kept on staring at the floor, "Ye... I mean No. I don't know him." She stuttered and avoided my gaze.

I raised a brow at her, "Are you okay?" I queried.

"Of course I am. I'm just curious because that name sounds oddly familiar." She replied immediately and began fiddling with her fingers.

I crossed my arms against my chest and gave an intense stare, "Is there something you are not telling me?" I pushed further.

"N.. No. Did you cook? I'm hungry." She said immediately again.

I huffed in frustration, "No I didn't." I said.
I looked up to the ceiling and sighed loudly, "I just pray this situation doesn't turn around." I thought aloud.

I turned to Helen who was giving me a pathetic look, "What would that person probably want from me?" I queried.

"Your brain probably because you are the smartest chick I know." She grinned from ear to ear displaying her perfect dentition.

I flushed a little. Awwnn I feel so loved.

She placed her hand on my shoulder, "I'm here for you okay. If you need anything." She assured.

"And me too." I heard someone else say. I turned to the direction of the voice.

"Oluchi!" I exclaimed in shock.

"Don't worry, I know about all of it." She said and slumped on my bed.

Wait! What is she talking about?

"W..hat are you talking about?" I stuttered.

"Your stalker of course." She deadpanned.
I slowly turned to Helen who was still smiling.

"What! I had to tell her." She stated in defense.

"I can't believe you kept this away from me all this while." Oluchi attacked.

"I'm sorry I just.."

"Hush! Hush!!. I understand." She interrupted.

After a moment of silence, I decided to apologize again, "Ollie I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." I started.

With knitted brows, she asked"For what? Why are you begging me?"

"You know why. I know you are still mad so I'm pleading with a sincere heart for you to forgive me." I said again.

"I don't know what you are talking about oo." She said, frustrating me the more.

"Oluchi!!" I exclaimed.

"Please I can perceive Indomie, where is it?" She said changing the topic of discussion.

"I knew my nostrils were not deceiving me. Where did you hide the food?" Helen faced me and asked.

They will never find my INDOMIE!.

"I'm not hiding anything." I said in defense.

Oluchi stood up and walked straight to the kitchen, returning immediately with my plate of food, "Is this not food?" She questioned as she sat on the bed.

"So you were hiding this from me." Stated Helen.

With all defeat, I said. "It's not like that."

"Stop talking too much abeg. Go and get your spoon." Oluchi gestured to Helen.

"But it's my food." I said.

"Cook another one." Oluchi retorted.

I gullibly walked to the kitchen "This is not fair oo." I muttered.

"Soma!" Oluchi called and I turned, "I'm sorry too." She said with a small smile.

I replied with a nod and scampered away to the kitchen while grinning happily.

She can eat the food for all I care. That only proves one thing, My roomie is back!

#####

Where should I start?

I'm really sorry for the late updates guys. School stress and exam tension 😭
I'm really sorry okay.

To all  that slid into my DM to ask for next update, Thank you so much loves and I hope I didn't disappoint.

What do you think about this chapter? Please I really need an honest review.

Don't forget to tap that star at the bottom of your screen.
Bye for now❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 4.1K 83
"What's happening?, why are they taking you away? Say something already!! Please say something" I broke down in hot tears as I dragged him trying to...
15.6K 2.5K 30
"You know you are not getting any younger. You need to settle down for God's sake. Your sisters are all tied down to their men but yet here you are w...
108 45 15
Hello everyone My name is Ada and this is my story, mostly. What do you do when your boyfriend breaks up with you on your birthday when you think he...
38.7K 6K 51
"You don't sleep on that side, you never do. You always sleep on your right side. I know you are awake, I also know that you are angry with me. But I...