Midnight howl (Lumity)

By disaster_top

Luz didn't know what to expect when she was told that she was changing schools. She definitely would not have... More

New arrivals
A strange town
First days are always the worst
Are we friends yet?
Stay away from the big bad wolf
The tryouts
A failed alpha
Bullies
Pulling a fast one
Studying but different
Murderous
Snooping
The full moon rises
The obliviousness ends!
Counting my riches
Wake up call
Aftermath
Still children
Recovery takes time
Tainted
Magic
A reminder
Firsts
Lost
Hospitals
Control
Back at it again
Something is not right
Back to the start
Confrontation
Revelations
Band kids are basically gamers
Life goes on
Under my umbrella
Imposters among us
Halloween bash
Containment
Broken
Breach
Safe and sound
Little poor me
Let sleeping wolves lie
Lost and found
Are you worthy?
Shopping
Forget-me-not
Going feral
Alone together
Severing
Pray for the wicked(or don't)
Time after time
Closed off
Shattered
Coming to a close
Game time (part 1)
Game time (part 2)
Who the fuck are you?
Snow day
Bleach
The moon's mistress
Manipulation
Return of the king
Amity wake up
New enemies, new information
It's about time
Safe place

The hunt

824 39 53
By disaster_top

Luz jumped when she felt the sudden urge to shift hit her. She had finished talking to Eda an hour earlier and had gone up to her room to rest for a little and this feeling had just come out of nowhere and disturbed her.

She sat up and frowned when she felt anger and confusion swirling in her mind as well, were these Amity's emotions? They definitely weren't Luz's. The latina glanced outside her window and furrowed her brow when she felt the urge to go outside. Okay so maybe this was some kind of werewolf side effect thing? That would make sense actually.

Luz stood from her bed and headed towards the front door before exiting the owl house. The woods around the house were dark and everything was completely silent aside from the occasional owl or crow that was still out.

"Hmm, that's weird," Luz mumbled to herself as she stood outside, letting the cool breeze hit her.

She heard a growl from behind her and turned around. "Oh, Amity what are you doing here?" Luz asked when she recognized the wolf behind her. Amity morphed back into her human form and snarled at Luz. The latina frowned and stepped closer to Amity. "Uh, Amity? Is everything okay?"

Luz was about to back away when she saw the red in Amity's scleras but the girl had already pounced towards her with her claws out. Luz shrieked and dodged Amity's attack. She didn't bother looking back and ran deeper into the forest.

"Amity, it's me, Luz! Remember?" Luz yelled out in a panic when she heard the telltale sound of Amity rushing after her.

She ran a total of twenty meters before a body threw itself against her back and she was tackled to the ground. Luz coughed as some dirt got in her mouth when she fell, the latina immediately turned onto her back and gasped when she saw Amity staring down at her with a feral look in her eyes.

"H-hey cariño you're scaring me a little." Luz stuttered out nervously. Amity tilted her head and bared her teeth at Luz. The latina grabbed a fistful of dirt and cringed. "Ami, are you in there?"

When she didn't get any reaction Luz shut her eyes and threw the dirt in Amity's face. The werewolf growled and pulled back as she wiped the dirt out of her eyes. Luz stood and rushed back towards the owl house, she threw the door open and scrambled to stand behind the couch.

Amity eventually stumbled into the house, her eyes were red and teary from the dirt that had assaulted her eyes and she looked even angrier than before. Her ears were laid flat on her head and she was still snarling at Luz.

Luz held her hands up and conjured small binding spells around herself. "Amity, please snap out of it I don't want to hurt you-"

Amity didn't even wait for Luz to finish talking and leaped towards her. Luz brought her binding spells towards Amity, hoping that they would keep the werewolf at bay, and to her surprise, they actually hit home. The youngest Blight's hair seemed to flare up around her for a second before the spells bounced off of her and were sent around the room.

Luz ducked to avoid one and stared at Amity incredulously. "Since when are you able to send magic back? I thought you said you were bad at magic?"

Amity's lips twitched slightly into a snarl, Luz gulped when she got a better look at the sharp teeth that the werewolf possessed and she quickly summoned up more orbs of light. Amity gnashed her teeth together and glared at Luz before slowly walking towards the latina.

Luz backed away and sent a pleading look towards Amity. "Ami, please, it's me, Luz. Can't you remember?" The latina gasped when Amity lunged forward and pinned her against the wall. Luz stayed completely still as Amity slowly moved her face closer to Luz.

Luz tried to get out of Amity's grip but the girl's strength seemed to have doubled. Amity buried her face in Luz's shoulder and inhaled deeply much to Luz's confusion. The latina tensed when she felt Amity's nose trail up her neck and pause just below her ears.

Amity shut her eyes and turned Luz's head to face her. She stared into the latina's eyes and narrowed her gaze. Screws seemed to be turning in Amity's brain as she tried to figure out who this person before her was.

The werewolf eventually backed away and shook her head. "...Luz?" She mumbled in confusion. The latina nervously nodded. "Uh, hey Amity. Are you...you, again?"

Amity frowned and rubbed her head. "Was I ever not me? How did I get here?" Luz peeled herself away from the wall and chuckled. "Well, you kind of tried to hurt me I guess?" Amity's eyes widened in shock. "I what?!"

"Kid, can you please keep it down?" Eda called from upstairs. Luz cringed and yelled back. "Uh, yeah sure sorry."

Amity gripped Luz's shoulders and hissed. "What do you mean I almost hurt you? Luz what happened I can't remember anything." Luz awkwardly patted Amity's hand and gestures for her to calm down. "Hey, chill out okay? The important thing is that you didn't hurt me."

"I-Luz that's not the point," Amity stressed. "If that happens again I could really hurt you so we need to find a solution to this quickly." Luz scratched her head in though. "Uh, well we just got through one hell with the MK stuff, maybe we deserve a little bit of a break."

Amity gestured wildly. "But, why aren't you more frightened? There's someone out there who's forcing me to try and hurt you!" Luz shrugged and reached to hold Amity's hand. "Well, you said that this spell is hard to maintain so I think that whoever did this won't be able to do anything for the rest of the day. So why don't we go have those cuddles that you promised me?"

"I-I don't remember promising cuddles."

"Is that a no?"

"Well, I never said that..."

***-***-***

Boscha couldn't sleep.

Granted that was usually a regular occurrence but this time something felt different. The cuegle sat up from the couch she had collapsed on, thankfully she had been excused from the hospital after getting treated so she didn't have to deal with any more moldy jello.

Boscha stood and stretched, groaning when she felt her joints pop. She sighed and glanced down at her phone which, again, was filled with notifications but these seemed more urgent than usual.

[11:12 pm] gay 1: boscha where is amity?

[11:12 pm] gay 2: is she with u

[11:18 pm] gay 2: pls answer

[11:26 pm] gay 1: boscha

[11:29 pm] gay 2: boSCHA

fuck calm down [11:37 pm]

i dont know where amity is okay [11:37 pm]

[11:38 pm] gay 1: this is rly bad

[11:38 pm] gay 2: we dont know where she is and dad gave us this ominous 'she's discovering her true potential' answer nd now im afraid

istg one day im gonna kill ur parents [11:38 pm]

where's ur mom? [11:38 pm]

[11:38 pm] gay 2: shes been at work all weed

[11:39 pm] gay 1: w e e d

W E E D [11:39 pm]

[11:40 pm] gay 2: stop bullying me either way bosch if u see am tell us okay we're worried

i will, get some sleep guys yall have work in the morning [11:40 pm]

[11:40 pm] gay 1: o god yeah gn bosch

[11:41 pm] gay 2: yeah gn

gn [11:41 pm]

Boscha shut her phone off and stepped into the kitchen to get some water. Where could Amity have gone now? It wasn't like her to just leave without a word, that was usually Boscha's thing.

The cuegle grabbed a cup from the table and held it under the tap as it filled with water. She absentmindedly munched on an apple as she waited for the glass to fill and paused when she heard a creak from behind her.

Boscha turned and frowned when she didn't see anything behind her. The cuegle looked around and called out. "Mom! Are you there?"

When she got no response Boscha cautiously placed her apple down and conjured a small flame in the center of her palm and stepped into the living room. The living room was dark and empty, just as it had been when she had left. Boscha held her flame out towards the couch and gasped when she saw a figure sitting there.

Boscha stepped back when the figure stood and turned towards her. "Well hello Boscha, I'm sorry for barging in like this but you've been giving me some trouble so I think it's about time I remove you from the picture."

"I-" Boscha stammered as she held her flame up to the figure's face. She gasped when she got a clear look at the figure's face.

"Y-you're-"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 679 48
Picture isn't mine As he stood there, being offered the staff of the last Golden Guard. he accepted all of his conditions. Hunters dream was finally...
29.5K 886 32
Like I said ignore the errors and mistakes I'll get to it and fix it sorry) Luz had ran away from home and entered a new town she didn't even bother...
6.2K 164 28
⚠️Currently being revised ⚠️ Lucia and luz noceda go to the human realm for "vacation" staying with eda. But the two sister realize the predicament...