Strong (Louis Tomlinson's Can...

By ts1313

Louis Tomlinson 1/5 of One Direction has cancer. As the boys say this is just a speed bump but to Louis it is... More

Chapter 1: Where it all started
Chapter 2: Telling the World
Chapter 3: Day one
Chapter 4: Day two and Mackenzie
Chapter 5: Last day
Chapter 6: Got to do whats right
Chapter 7: Always by your side
Chapter 9: The Interview
Chapter 10: Back at it again
Chapter 11: Side effects and let downs
Chapter 12: Results
Chapter 13: Rehearsals
Chapter 14: Hospital
Chapter 15: Waking up
Chapter 16: The Concert
Chapter 17: Another day 3 and The Zoo
Chapter 18: Finally some good news!
Chapter 19: Saying goodbye
Chapter 20: Pain demands to be felt
Chapter 21: Reuniting again
Chapter 22: My happy moment
Chapter 23: TS
Chapter 24: Valentines day
Chapter 25: Much love
Chapter 26: The surgery
Chapter 27: Musical Therapy
Chapter 28: New starts
Chapter 29: It's just not the same
Chapter 30: Learning to love the life given
Chapter 31: Bad Days
Chapter 32: Out of body experience
Chapter 33: Aftermath
Chapter 34: Just a little bit loopy
Chapter 35: Allison
Chapter 36: Back at it
Chapter 37: I love you
Chapter 38: Faulty Insecurities
Chapter 39: Our little family
Chapter 40: Long hospital day
Chapter 41: Relay for Life
Chapter 42: A turn for the worst...
Chapter 43: Learning to let go
Chapter 44: Making things worse
Chapter 45: The untold wish
Chapter 46: It's okay to not be okay
Chapter 47: The H word
Chapter 48: Good news at bad times
Chapter 49: Cancer takes the best people
Chapter 50: Leaving
Chapter 51: Home like hospital rooms
Chapter 52: Secrets
Chapter 53: Wedding Bells
Chapter 54: The final goodbye
Epilogue
Chapter 54 (Real): The reception
Chapter 55: Back to the tour
Chapter 56: Gone
Chapter 57: Scan day
Chapter 58: The recital
Chapter 59: Shaved heads and lots of love
Chapter 60: Baby Appointment
Chapter 61: Fevers and Hospitals
Chapter 62: Disney World and Mya
Chapter 63: Back to the hospital
Chapter 64: Time heals all
Epilogue
Sequel- Stronger
ONE YEAR OF STRONG
Watty Awards

Chapter 8: Bringing her home

4K 82 7
By ts1313

        I woke up to a banging noise on the opposite side of my wall. I looked at the clock to see it was 10 in the morning. Really they couldn't hold off on the room makeover for another hour or two. 

        I  rolled out of bed and went next door. "Guys I think you could of.....Oh my gosh you did all this in one night?" I was shocked they completely turned our boring white guest room into an amazing little girls room. The walls were light pink with bright flowers on it. They filled the bookshelves with a couple of books and the photo we took in the hospital. They also managed to make it look like something you would see on pintrist. 

        "So what do you think Lou?" Liam asked. "How did you manage to do all of this in one night? And how did I not hear anything till now?" I asked. 

        "Those pills really knocked you out last night. We have been at this for hours i'm suppressed you didn't know about it sooner." Harry chuckled. "So is that it?" I asked. "yeah we were just about to go make some breakfast. How are you feeling?" Liam asked. "I'm feeling great. So much better than I did yesterday." I felt like normal again which i'm really glad because Mackenzie comes home tonight. 

        We all went downstairs and everybody was going around the kitchen getting different things ready for breakfast. I was always in charge of the toast so I grabbed the bread bag and walked over to the toaster. I lightly lines five pieces of bread with butter then put 2 in the toaster. 

        "So what time are we going over?" I asked putting the next 2 pieces in the toaster. "Sally called this morning and said she is all packed up and feeling great so we can go around noon or 1." Niall said. I nodded. 

        After a good 15 minuets all of the toast was done and on the table. Harry had finished putting the plates and silverware and drinks on the table and the rest of the guys also brought their food to the table and put it all in the middle.  

        I only grabbed a piece of toast I made and a piece of bacon Zayn made because I was scared to over do it to early. 

        We had a normal One Direction Breakfast chatting about tour and vacation plans. For the first time since I have been diagnosed I didn't feel like a sick human.  "Um guys I kind of forgot one thing." I said in the middle of our conversation. "what?" Harry asked. "I didn't tell my mum. Gosh I swear I can be so stupid sometimes." 

        I quickly ran up to my room and grabbed my phone from my night stand. I dialed my mums number and it rang twice before she answered. 

Conversation

J: Hey Louis how are you?

L: I'm great I feel much better than yesterday. 

J: Thats good and when do you go back?

L: I go back the week after next. Mum I called you because I need to tell you something.

J: Umm are you okay? I thought you said you were fine. 

L: Don't worry mum i'm as good as a cancer patient can be right now. I need to tell you that you are.... well.... you are going to be a grandma.

J: LOUIS WILLIAM TOMLINSON YOU WERE IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 3 DAYS HOW WAS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE!!! 

I laughed while pulling my phone away protecting my ear from her yell.

L: are you done?

J: YOU GOT A GIRL PREGNANT LOUIS THIS IS A BIG DEAL YOU ARE ACTING LIKE IT IS NOTHING!

L: Mum I didn't get a girl pregnant.

J: What?

L: I was hooked up to a pole for 3 days do you even think it would of been possible. Never mind drop that. I am adopting a 6 year old girl named Mackenzie. She was at the hospital getting treatment at the same time I was. The orphanage was going to stop her treatment because they couldn't afford it and wouldn't allow donations so I am adopting her and getting her today. 

J:..... Are... are you serous?... I'm going to be a grandma?

She was crying now

L: Those are happy tears right? I know i'm not at my best but the guys are going to help. She needed me.

J: These are defiantly happy tears Lou I am so happy you are doing this. I cant wait to meet her. Aww I wish I could talk longer but Doris or Ernie is crying upstairs. Send me lots of pictures. I love you Lou.

L: love you mum talk to you later. 

        I went back downstairs and cleaned up my area on the table. "So can we leave now?" I asked so ready to officially have Mackenzie with me. "Yes everything is set." Niall said putting his shoes on. I put on the same shoes as yesterday and went out to the car with the rest of them. 

        I went in my normal seat to see that the seat next to me now had a booster seat on it. I smiled. They really thought of everything.  We drove to the orphanage and went inside. 

        Right when we got inside I immediately had a small pair of arms wrapped around my  legs. "Why hello there little one how are you today?" I asked her. "I'm absolutely fantabulous." She giggled. "Well i'm glad are you ready to see your new room. It's your favorite color." I said. She started jumping around. She really is feeling better. We all went over to Sally's office and sat on the same couch as yesterday. 

        "Hello Louis I'm sorry for the mess around here they haven't sent anybody else down after Jane quit last week." She said reorganizing her desk. "Okay this is going to be really easy just sign these papers and Mackenzie is officially a Tomlinson. I smiled. I signed what seemed like 20 papers Sally read me a bunch of extra stuff I needed to know. 

        "Okay it looks like Mackenzie is not Mackenzie Grace Tomlinson. Please keep in touch." Sally said getting up from her chair. We all got up and hugged her. Sally gave Mackenzie a really big hug and a kiss on her head. "I'll miss you little squirt be good okay?" Sally said. "I know I love you Aunt Sally." Mackenzie said hugging her. 

        We walked out of the office and Liam grabbed Mackenzie's two bags by the door going to take them to the car. I picked up Mackenzie and put her on my hip , a much easier task today as it was yesterday. "Can we go to my room I forgot to grab my blanket." she said. I nodded and walked down the hall. When we got there I was surprised to see her empty room. "You really cleaned this place out"  It was absolutely spotless. "yeah Aunt Sally did it while i was sleeping." she bent the top part of her body down and grabbed her blanket off the bed. "Are you ready to go home?" I asked. She smiled and nodded. 

        We got home Mackenzie was completely shocked at the house. She was even more shocked when we showed her her room. "It's so pretty!!!!" she ran to her bed and jumped on it sinking into the soft mattress. "I'm glad you like it your new uncles picked it all out." I laughed as she jumped around the bed. The doorbell rang and I knew it was the pizza. 

        "hey Kenz you want to go eat pizza?" I asked. "umm no thanks I only like..." "Pineapple" I finished her sentence and her eyes went wide. She grabbed my hand and started to drag me downstairs. "Hurry up if we don't go now It will run out!!!!" she yelled running down the stairs. "Mackenzie slow down I can promise you there is enough." I laughed. We sat around the table and the guys were all already serving their pepperoni pizza. I grabbed  2 plates. "How many do you want?" I asked Mackenzie. "the whole box!" she giggled. I laughed. "Sally wasn't kidding this kid loves pizza. "Okay how about we start with 2 and see how that goes." I put 2 on her plate and a pepperoni on mine and then we all started eating. 

        Mackenzie ate 3 slices of pizza before I cut her off. She was full and you could tell but she just didn't want to stop eating. I just finished filling her tub up with warm water and bubbles. Sally said Mackenzie can bath on her own but just needs the tub filled and help getting dressed and ready for bed. I went down to get Mackenzie and she was on the couch with Harry watching Sophia the First with him. I took a picture from behind before going to get her. 

        "Hey Kenz the bath is ready." I said going over to her. She picked her arms up to lazy to walk. When I picked her up she leaned her head up against my chest. She was so tired I knew she would have no trouble going to sleep tonight. I took her to the bathroom and helped her undress then she hopped in the tub and started to play with the mermaid dolls Harry got her. She had the cutest little smile on her face. I put soap on a loofa and handed it to her. "Don't forget to actually wash up while in here okay? I'll be back in about 20 minuets okay?" I asked.  She nodded and started scrubbing her body. 

        I closed the door to the bathroom and walked back downstairs with Harry. "How is she doing?" he asked. "She is great. She absolutely loves the toys you got." I chuckled.  "I told Liam she would." he said. So where did the other guys go?" I asked. "We were running low on groceries so they went out to the store." I nodded. I saw that Harry changed the channel to Full House. I sat there and watched the rest of the episode with him then realized it had already been 20 minuets. 

        I went back up to the bathroom and opened the door to see Mackenzie leaning against the side of the tub asleep. I took another picture because it was just to cute to not. Don't worry the bubbles were covering everything. I gently tapped her shoulder. " Mackenzie lets get you ready so you can go to sleep in your own bed." I gently whispered to her. She groggily got up and picked her arms up against I could help her get out of the tub. I wrapped her up in a big fluffy towel and dried her off. I changed her into the pajamas I set on the rug and picked her up onto the cabinet. I brushed her teeth just like I did yesterday and then carried her off to bed. 

        I grabbed her blanket off the floor and laid it over her comforter. She just ended up grabbing it and cuddling with it. I bent down and kissed her head. "I love you Mackenzie. Sweet dreams." I started walking away from her bed when I heard a faint noise call for me. "can you please sleep with me?" she whispered. I went over to the other side of the bed and she snuggled into my chest still hugging her blanket. "I love you daddy." she said before giving me a kiss on my shoulder. I smiled at my new title and watched Mackenzie as her little chest was rising and falling telling me she was in a deep sleep. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

710K 20K 22
Alexis is an orphan. She doesnt trust anyone, especiall men which is undersandable due to the things her father and others would do to her. When the...
33.7K 731 21
Niall Horan and Zayn Malik are two Cancer patients who happen to meet during Chemo. They fall in love with each other. Zayn being his sweet self give...
316K 4.2K 31
"It's been seven years, Niall. I thought...you'd forget about me." When Allie Hunter's mother died of cancer, her life was torn apart as her formerly...
11K 259 24
Sequel to "Loving You." It's twelve years later and One Direction is slowly becoming less popular, The boys are starting to settle down with their fa...