The Perfect Storm

By Mandalev19

Madison is an 18-year-old college freshman with her life planned out. All she wants to do is go through colle... More

Thank you!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Bonus Chapter one
Bonus Chapter two
Bonus Chapter three
Bonus Chapter four
Bonus Chapter five
Bonus Chapter six

Chapter 53

4.6K 121 22
By Mandalev19

"it's a masquerade." A redhaired girl says as Chrissy and I enter a dorm much further from our own. The room is much smaller than ours. 

There's a small rug in the middle of the floor that makes the room a little less cold.

"Hi girls. I'm Rebecca by the way." She looks at me with a smile which I return. We step inside and close the door behind us.

"Do you two have masks?" Rebecca asks but Chrissy and I shake our heads.

"Okay, well, I only have two. You both can have them," She says handing us small lace masks.

"I don't like masquerades anyways." She giggles and we all laugh. Rebecca turns on music and before I know it we're all singing along and doing our makeup. We try out different outfits before finally slipping into our dresses and curling our hair. 

Chrissy sighs as she combs her lashes with thick mascara.

"What's wrong?" I ask, putting my hairbrush down.

"I don't know, I just don't want to see Miles, he's . . . I don't know." She sighs with a weak smile.

"Oh my god, I have a crazy idea!" Rebecca says with a bite at her lip. 

Chrissy and I look at each other, unsure of what to expect, but when Rebecca suggests Chrissy goes in a disguise she surprisingly agrees.

"This is going to be amazing." She promises with a grin. We scramble, trying to find anything that color Chrissy's hair dark brown.

"I can't believe you, Rebecca." Chrissy giggles as the hair dye drips onto her nose. We all giggle before trying to help Chrissy color the rest of her hair.

"Miles recognizes my curves," Chrissy says, pointing at her hips. I find the thought a little unsettling but I manage to smile at her. Rebecca hands her a puffy and very long black dress to hide her body shape.

"Why are we doing this again?" Chrissy breathes.

"You don't want Miles chasing you all night, do you? And making out with random boys is better without interruptions." She nods and they laugh. Contact lenses, a long sleeve dress, and nail polish later we finally look at ourselves in the mirror.

"We look . . . almost identical," I say confused.

"This is crazy," Chrissy says as we look at ourselves in the mirror. The dark masks hide half of our faces, we're dressed in long puffy black dresses. 

We look to be twins, with the same height, hair color, eye color, and dress. Rebecca shrugs, "I didn't have other hair dye and these were the only contact lenses I haven't used."

"in that case, showtime I guess." Chrissy smiles and both Rebecca and I nod.

"YOU GUYS ARE HOT." A curly-haired boy says as the three of us step inside the familiar home that I've grown to love and hate. Valentina must be tired of cleaning the messes after all of his parties.

"You're not getting any of this," Rebecca says, her hands traveling from her head to her legs. Chrissy and I burst into laughter as he stares at us, eyes wide. We walk into the large kitchen through the crowd wearing all kinds of different masks. 

The music blasts loudly into every room and corner of Miles' large home. Chrissy and Rebecca pour themselves the spiked punch while I pour water into my cup.

"You don't drink?" Rebecca asks, looking at me with her green eyes.

"Not really," I say with a smile.

"Madison?" I hear Miles's raspy voice say. My eyes go wide and I shut off the sink but to my surprise, he's not talking to me.

"Great." Chrissy mouths to Rebecca. Miles rests his hand on the small island in the kitchen. I watch his every move but he doesn't bother to look at me.

"Can I—" his hand slips off the island and he tries to recover quickly.

"Are you drunk?" Chrissy almost whispers, trying not to sound like herself.

"No." he says with a smirk. His hair is perfectly gelled and his cologne is thick in the kitchen. His black mask hides only a small part of his face but his eyes are still as noticeable.

"Aren't you supposed to be looking for Chrissy?" Rebecca asks him loudly but his hazel eyes ignore her.

"Can we talk?" he asks, his jaw clenching.

"Let's go." She says, looking at Rebecca and me before finally pushing past his shoulder. His jaw clenches as he stares at the counter until we leave.

"I can't believe him." Chrissy shakes her head as we enter the crowded living room.

"Why did he want to talk to you?" Rebecca asks.

"I don't know—" I try

"it doesn't matter, Miles has always been this way." Chrissy rolls her eyes.

"Tell me about it."

"Ladies." The same guy from earlier says, staring right at us.

"What is your problem?" Rebecca asks quickly but he just smiles.

"You're pretty." He says and Rebecca rolls her eyes.

"I'm taking him upstairs." She says, pulling him away by his collar. My eyes are wide at the sight but Chrissy doesn't seem to mind.

"You should grab a drink, you look so tense," Chrissy says.

"I . . . I'm okay." I smile.

"Suit yourself, I'm going to find a bathroom." She says with a smile before turning on her heel and walking away. I take a deep breath before finding a place on the couch to sit at.

"We need one more person for the truth or dare, you in?" A tall girl asks.

"I—" She stops me by grabbing my hand

"Great!" She pulls me towards a small circle of people, hidden by their various masks.

"Found someone!" she yells before we sit down. I look around the circle and gulp when I see scary grey eyes.

"I don't want to play," I say, standing up but I'm pulled back down by the girl which only causes Hayden to notice me. 

He looks at me with a smirk but it's not the kind of handsome smirk Miles gives me but rather something sinister. My stomach churns, maybe I should have gotten myself a drink.

"Truth or dare—" A girl with bleach blonde hair smiles, her red lipstick is slightly smudged on her teeth.

"Can I join?" Miles asks, his eyes looking right into mine.

"No, we'll be too many." The same tall girl who dragged me here says.

"Cool, thanks," Miles says, sitting down, his eyes still on mine. The girl with red lips rolls her eyes before asking again, "truth or dare." She asks the girl next to her.

"Truth." She says through her red lips.

"How many guys have you hooked up with?" the girl next to me asks and my eyes go wide at the question, I look around in disbelief only to see Miles's eyes still steady on mine.

He broke up with me. Chrissy's words travel through my head as I look at Miles. The circle is small but yet he doesn't seem to notice Hayden.

"This week or in total?" she asks with a giggle.

"This week of course."

"Five." She smiles proudly before shifting her attention onto Miles.

"Truth or dare?" she exaggerates both words with her tongue which only makes me cringe. Miles looks at her with a bite of his lips, making my stomach turn.

"Truth." He simply says, his eyes traveling down to her chest.

"Who's the sexiest girl here?" She asks. The group stays quiet and everyone's eyes are on him—on Miles.

"That's easy." He says, looking at her and licking his lips before continuing, "Madison." He says, shifting his eyes from her to me. He bites his lips with a that smile of his.

The butterflies in my stomach travel all over my body. Everyone's eyes are on me and I don't know what to do or how to act.

"Truth or dare." Miles looks at me.

"Dare," I say, I don't want to answer any questions and especially not in front of everyone's gawking eyes.

"Kiss me." He says with a smirk.

"Oh come on Miles! That's boring." The blonde girl says.

"Makeout with Hayden while on top of him!" she continues and everyone in the crowd seems to agree, everyone except Miles and I. 

Hayden looks at me with his disturbing eyes but I don't want to look back at him, I look at Miles who surprisingly seems calm. I gaze at him for help but he doesn't flinch, he looks at me with a smile. My heart sinks, hoping he's not a part of some sick scheme.

"I don't . . . can I do truth instead?" I ask but everyone shakes their head except for Miles who looks at the girl with red lips, he doesn't even bother to look at me or stop any of this. 

What was I expecting? This is Miles, he doesn't care.

Hayden looks at me before saying, "Come on babe." He bites at his lips and slaps both of his hands at his thigs.

"Yo, do it!" Hayden's friend says and I feel sick.

"What are you waiting for? Hurry up!" The tall girl yells and I want to run away and never come back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 97.9K 46
"Nice try," I said and the smile on his face grew wider. My eyes took in every inch of his face with pleasure. I continued, "But you've got to try be...
1.7M 59.3K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...
4M 86.9K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
214K 6.7K 48
She didn't want this and neither did he. Two stubborn teenagers forced to hang out with one another. A story between a sarcastic girl and a boy who...