Stronger, With Or Without You

By Steph_Cahill

!!!TRAILER ATTACHED!!! Formally known as 'The Bad Boy Made Me Stronger' READ FULL DESCRIPTION PLEASE, THANK Y... More

Hiiiiii
Aesthetics
Prologue
01~what else can you do with those hands of yours?
02~ Mr Buttock
03~This is our PMSing friend Hunter
04~ Darling
05~ a man that models for heaven
06~blinding lights
07~smash his balls with my ice cream cone
08~I'm in love with you
09~go away
10~bitch alert
11~ Skittles, nerds, airheads and chocolate
12~pickup up truck
13~Take my hand(1)
14~Take my hand(2)
15~my demons are back
16~I want it, I got it
17~fallen angel
18~Curly
19~sorry to spoil your fantasies
20~We are gonna have lot's of fun Roberts
21~white rose
I'm sorry
22~did you just quote The Lion King?
23~did you take my lighter?
24~ Payphone
Trailer/ New Title?!
25~kids, the drunk and the angry
26~ dance like no one's watching
27~ a relaxing episode of the Thundermans
28~ Chug Chucks
29~ professional hitmen
30~ bow down to your queen
31~ Bring it on
32~ a little angelic devil
33~ in a fucking pineapple under the sea
34~ Wakanda Forever
35~ real morbid shit
36~ somebody come get her (1)
37~ somebody come get her (2)
38~ be like other girls
39~ nuts and gossip
40~ it all ends tonight
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Rebecca and Dylan's Story
Bonus Chapter- Addi and Jake /New ending for SWOWU/ New books

41~ stronger, with or without you

1.5K 76 48
By Steph_Cahill

Question: so far, what's your favorite scene in this book.

Chapter 41~ stronger, with or without you

"Brandon, stop" I said, after getting over the initial shock of seeing him there.

He laughed, "so what? You bring your cronies her to defeat me because you can't do it yourself? You always were pathetic" He scoffed.

My blood boiled, "why are you doing this?! What the hell did I ever do to you! If anyone should be mad it should be me!" I made a move to grab my gun and he shot Hailey in the leg.

She cried out and I stopped.

Hunter just got her back, I couldn't just let her die before he even got to see her.

Brandon shook his head, "of course, you have the perfect opportunity to kill me but you hesitate because she's the mother of your love" he rolled his eyes.

"Where did love leave you Steph? You are an orphan! All of your friends left you! Half of the population believes you're a pornstar. So tell me where love left you!" He yelled and I faltered.

"It left her with me"

My head whipped around in a flash and I saw Jaxon by a door at the other end of the room, his gun aimed directly at Brandon's head.

Brandon didn't even flinch, "Yes, you the abusive ex boyfriend and best friend, oh please" he smirked and Jaxon glared.

"I may have made some mistakes in my grieving methods and not take care of Stephanie right, but I will always be better than you Brandon, and she will never be yours to have" he antogonizsd him while moving forward slightly.

Brandon remained quiet with a concentrated look on his face.

"You were always jealous of me from the start, and you should because you are nothing compared to me, you will always just be a cruel, manipulative, little bitch who came after me in everthing and has no one" Jaxon rested the gun on the base of his head and I contemplated what to do.

And then in a flash Jaxon had snatched his gun and pushed Hailey away in my direction.

"Go Stephanie! Go find your brothers and get her fixed up!" He yelled and dodged a punch that Brandon threw at him.

"No. I am not leaving you here" I said in determination.

"Nobody is leaving" Brandon hissed and slammed Jaxon's head against the wall.

I moved.

My foot was in his face before I had time to think about it and I punched him straight in the jaw.

He fell on the floor in pained gasps and whimpered slightly.

"Give it up Brandon, you're done" I said, while helping Jaxon to his feet.

He merely smiled with bloody teeth, "you're wrong you know" he turned to Jaxon. "I am not alone"

Jaxon pointed the gun at his head, "any last words" he said, staring him straight in the eye.

"Only two" he clutched his side ans stood up while I tried to move us closer to the door in case he tried any stunt.

"Behind you" he whispered.

I turned around in a flash but it was too late, the gunshot sounded through the whole room and Jaxon fell to the floor, lifeless, blood gushing out of the hole in his chest.

"He meant it when he said he wasn't alone darlings"

My eyes didn't leave Jaxon's tear filled ones but I clenched my fist so hard that it drew blood.

"Veronica"

She walked up to Brandon and held him up, "Miss me Stephy?" She asked sweetly.

I let a tear drop on Jaxon's cheek and closed his eyes.

"You may have not been the best boyfriend, but you were the best friend I could ever ask for" I said quietly and turned to the both of them angrily.

"What do you both want from me?! I've done nothing to either of you, yet you keep on following me and wrecking havoc in my life" my throat burned and my palms hurt from how hard my nails pressed into them.

"It's simple really" She said and kissed Brandon's cheek before walking over to me.

"I just hate you" a different voice said from behind me.

Sophie.

Thought I left that bitch unconscious.

"You disrespected me and stole Hunter from me" Izzy said, stepping beside her sister.

"You got my father put in jail and couldn't even remember my name" Niall glared at me and took a drag from his cig, his arm resting around Izzy.

"I don't even know who the hell your father is!" I yelled.

Montblac stepped out and stood beside him with a smile, "that would be me" he waved and I stood there flabbergasted. "I'm guessing you already know why I don't like you"

"I-"

"You broke my jaw" Nate said in a monotone voice, interrupting me and I threw my hands up in frustration.

"Where the hell are you people even appearing from?!" I narrowed my eyes at them.

"You stole my queen title and made it your life's mission to make sure you were always before me and not after" Veronica crossed her arms.

"And what about you" I turned to Brandon.

"What silly excuse do you have" I asked and he looked at me in boredom.

"You killed my parents, I killed yours in return, the rest is just because you're a whiny bitch"

I stared at Jaxon.

"And of course you'll say, I don't even know who you parents are, but you do. You fucking killed them and nothing can tell me otherwise" he said in anger but I barely heard him, I just stared at Jason's corpse.

"Y-you killed my parents" I whispered.

And I blamed Jaxon.

He smiled brightly, "my parents died in a car crash, on their way to wish the so important Stephanie Roberts happy birthday because she demanded they be there. They didn't want to come but because you couldn't bare not having all the attention on you, you begged them to come and they died!" He stood up and punched the wall angrily.

I stared at him with wide eyes, "you're-"

"Brandon Mendez. Last born of the family, you may know my siblings, they're twins? Jaxon and Brooklyn? Oh look, one's lying at your feet" he said in mock surprise.

"H-how is that even-"

"Possible? My parents were the heads of this secret government security, S.O.S. the ones in red scurrying around and saving your asses yeah, I was being trained from birth to take over the business after them, but because they died and didn't leave a will. It automatically went to the eldest sibling" he said in disdain.

I gasped, "that's-

"Me"

My jaw dropped, eyes wide, heart frozen as I stared at her.

Those familiar blue-green eyes that I couldn't forget anywhere.

"Brooklyn"

I swallowed and she gazed at me, like she couldn't believe I was there.

"S-steph" she breathed out, happiness sparkling in her beautiful eyes.

"You're alive" I bit my lip, tears brimming my eyes.

"I-"

"What the fuck?! John?" Someone gasped.

Niall threw his hands up, sighed and shook his head.

My jaw dropped in surprise, "Jake?! What are you doing here?!" I shouted.

"Saving your ass duh" Colette came through the door, her blonde hair in a bun and 3 guns strapped to her waist.

She looked at Niall in surprise, "John?! You're a bad guy?!" she gasped.

"John's a bad guy?" Didi asked in surprise, looking around and looking shorter than usual without her 4 inch heels.

"Who's John?" Alex appeared, a confused look on his face, a gun in his hand.

"That weird kid who's obsessed with Steph" Addison sighed then froze when she saw Nate.

"Nathaniel?! You're in on this too?!" She gasped, obviously surprised.

I think that's the most emotion I've seen her give.

"Nathaniel?" Alex snorted and Colette elbowed him in the rib.

"Nathaniel? Like Nate? The asshole step-brother Nate?" Didi tried to stand on her toes and look for him. "I can't see him, move your big head Jake!"

"Not my fault you're so short" he chuckled and she glared at him.

"I thought I told you guys to wait in the car" Brooklyn face palmed and glared at them.

"No, you said don't do anything stupid, this wasn't stupid" Colstte pointed out and they all murmured in agreement.

"Can you all just shut up!" Sophie said with an annoyed look in her eye.

"Sophie?!" They all gasped.

Then Jake looked from her to themselves, "why are you standing with the bad guys?" He asked.

"She is one you idiot" Addison hissed, not taking her eyes of Nate.

They all started protesting.

I put my hands over my eyes, "oh god"

This is so embarrassing.

"Jaxon?" Brooklyn asked, pointing towards the body at my feet with an expressionless face.

I shook my head and turned away from her, not having the strength to even look her in the eye.

"Well, it ain't a party without the rest of you to come ruin it" Izzy rolled her eyes.

"No one gave you permission to speak Isabella" Addison snapped.

"Watch how you speak to her" Veronica glared at her.

"Oh shut the fuck up biatch, you're as usual completely irrelevant" Colette waved her off and Jake laughed into his hands.

"Who the hell are all this people?!" Brandon asked in anger.

"Hey, are you Brandon? Dang Steph, no wonder you hit on that" Colette whistled under her breath and Didi murmured in agreement.

I pursed my lips.

"Where are my brothers?" I sighed.

"Right here!" Steven ran through the door, Stephan and Candy right after him, blood on his clothes and a big smile on his face, "this is so fun!" He grinned at Brooklyn and she smiled softly at him.

Then his smile fell when he saw Jaxon's body and Brandon sitting annoyed in his chair.

He turned towards Stephan with a completely steely expression, one that he gave rarely and made Sophie and Izzy shift uncomfortably.

Stephan looked towards Brooklyn and turned back to Steven who closed his eyes and clenched his fist.

"If you don't kill him, I will" he said to Stephan.

"He's mine" he shot back, his voice laced in venom and reloaded his gun.

Brandon merely laughed and then turned towards Candy who very much looked like she just came straight from a spa, rather than a fight.

"Aren't you the slut from the club?" His eyes grew darker and he stared at her body.

Veronica looked annoyed and Candy smirked at her.

They always did hate each other because Candy was more gorgeous than Veronica would ever be.

"Mom?"

Everyone turned to look at Hunter who was as white paper white and staring at Hailey who had been sitting cross legged in the corner.

Completely forgot she was here for a sec...

"Finally" Brandon stood up and took out a small remote from his pocket.

Hunter looked up from his mother, to look up at me, his shoulders sagging in relief.

"Where's-"

Brandon pressed the remote.

And the wall exploded.

I screamed and fell back on the floor, a huge piece of rock, landing a foot away from me.

There were shout and screams and I coughed and tried to see through the dust.

I caught sight of Brandon and the rest running out throw the space where the wall was, into the evening sun outside and I stood up and ran after them.

Several gunshots went off and I ignored them and brought out my own gun, shooting at them.

Izzy cried out and fell on the floor, Niall stopping to help her.

I saw my brothers, Candy and Brooklyn on Brandon and Veronica's tail, so I stopped and made my way over to Niall, kicking him in the gut and landing a punch on his face.

He glared at me and fought back, both of us landing hits and jabs, but mostly dodging.

He's better at this than I thought.

I felt a hand grab my leg and I tripped, Niall kneeing me in the chin and raising his fist for another hit.

"You're doomed now bitch" Izzy spat, her hand still on my leg and I glared at her, raising my gun and hit her on the back of the head. She fainted and I smirked.

"Been wanting to do that for a while" I sighed in content and Niall yelled out in worry, giving me enough time to jump on my feet and grab him by the neck.

"I made a promise to you" I sneered and he clawed at my hands, his face turning blue and his head shaking back and forth, his eyes pleading with me.

Then hot pain seered through my leg and I yelled in agony and let go of him.

Montblac smiled at me, "forget about me darling?"

I ground my teeth together and closed my eyes in pain, "damn it old man! Why is it always this leg you're after!" I yelled.

He merely shrugged, "I really wish I got to have a taste of you before you died but unfortunately, fate has different plans" he raised his gun.

And then I heard the gunshot.

But there was no pain.

"I always hated my father for hiring you" Hunter said with a click of his tongue as he stared down at Montblac's body.

Niall cried out in agony, "father! No!" He turned to Hunter, "I will kill-"

I shot him in the head with a roll of my eyes, "that's enough of you John"

Hunter held me up and stared into my eyes, his green eyes looking over me in worry, "are you okay?" He asked in concern and I nodded.

"I will be" I said and he glanced at me in confusion, "wha-"

Then I crashed my lips into his.

And I kissed him, I kissed him because I was completely in love with him and I didn't give a damn who said otherwise.

And the kiss was like magic, our lips moving in perfect sync with each other as we kissed each other desperately, holding on to each other tightly, refusing to let go.

"I love you too Hunter Black, always have, always will" I said in between breaths and his eyes darkened and we kissed again.

And again.

And again.

Until I decided it was enough.

"I'm okay now" I said with a smirk when we broke away and he just stared at me in shock.

"Both of you! What the hell do you think this is?! A musical?! Get your asses out there and finish this!" Alex yelled and punched one of Brandon's men square in the face.

Hunter still stared at me in amazement, a slight pink in his cheeks and I winked.

"Keep up Black" I turned towards Sophie who I saw hiding behind a car.

"Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go get rid of your ex" I said angrily but he held me back, slight hesitation in his eyes.

"Please don't" he begged and I glared angrily at him.

"That bitch you're begging for killed your grandmother an hour ago, kidnapped your mother and staged both of their deaths, used her sister to get extra cash from you and helped Brandon kill many innocent lives. I am not sparing her" I hissed but he lookes like he was barely listening to me.

"She's dead?" He asked quietly and my composure softened a bit, my hand grazing his cheek, "yes, Sophie killed her and I made a promise to Kitty that I would end this. That's exactly what I'm going to do" I held out my hand, "are you with me?"

He gave a firm nod, "for Katherine"

We ran towards her and she didn't notice until Hunter shot at the front shield of the car, making it shatter into a million pieces.

Her eyes widened in panic when we finally reached her and she looked around in worry.

"Hunter, love-"

"I am not your love" he hissed and tears welled up in her eyes before she turned to me.

"You!" She spat, "you're the cause of everything!" She lunged for me but I stepped out of the way and stuck out my foot.

She fell flat on her face and burst into tears, "but I love you! I love you Hunter! She's not the one for you! I am!" She cried out and I waved over some guys in red uniform.

She wasn't like Veronica, or Niall or Brandon. She Was weak, pathetic and desperate to have everything she wants no matter the cost.

Spoilt.

And I don't kill people I know still have a slight chance in life.

"Take her away please" I sighed and she sniffed.

"You're not going to kill me?" She asked through her tears and I rolled my eyes.

"Do you want me to kill you?" I snapped while she cowered away in fear.

Pathetic.

I turned to Hunter, "I'm gonna go, I know you still have somethings to say to her" I said quietly.

"Thank you" he said with a small smile and kissed me on the forehead.

I ran towards Brandon and Veronica who were tied up and on their knees in front of everyone.

"Hey girl!, anything you want to say to Brandon before we get rid of him?" Colette said loudly, I flinched and turned to him.

He's rotten to the core, that's for sure but he went through some things he shouldn't have.

"I truly am sorry about your parents, they were family to me too and I was devastated when they died. And for what it's worth, I stopped loving Jaxon a while after you came into my life, you were always before him to me. It's too bad that it took all this for you to finally see it" I said to him, my eyes searching his face.

The one I dreamt of being with, the person I leaned on, my knight in shining armour.

"It's funny cause even in death Jaxon came before him" Jake laughed and we all turned to him.

He coughed into his fist and scratched the back of his neck, "too soon?" He said sheepishly and we all turned away from him once more.

"I hope you rot in hell" I spat in his face and walked towards Veronica who was sobbing uncontrollably.

"Aww, don't cry Ronnie. You're not gonna die, I could never do that to your sister. You're just gonna be away for a very long time" I pouted and blew her a kiss.

My eyebrows rose as I saw Addison land a solid punch to one of Brandon's men.

"Don't ever touch my ring you asshole!"

"Where is he?" I took Addison's arm and led her away from the punching and excited yells.

She shook her head, tears streaming down her cheeks, "I'm sorry Steph, I couldn't do it" she said quietly and I nodded.

"It's okay" I said.

"No it's not! That other girl is about to kill her brother without so much as a blink and I can't even turn mine in" she ran a hand through her hair.

True... But Brooklyn's gone through far worse and Brandon is barely here brother.

"So what did you decide to do with him then?" I put my arm over my shoulder and she smiled gratefully at me.

"He's signing over all the inheritance to me" she grinned, "it was never supposed to be his in the first place but he is the eldest and it didn't matter that he was just my half brother" she rolled her eyes.

"How do you know he won't screw you over?" I asked in concern.

She smiled mischievously, "I have my ways"

I laughed and turned just in time to see Brooklyn leap into my brother's arm and kiss him right on the lips.

My jaw dropped.

"I'm guessing you didn't know about that" Addi chuckled.

Everyone else seemed to know cause I was the only one that looked surprised.

"Stephan and Candy knew before us, but the rest of us kinda figured it out when Steven called her in with her guys and they always kept sneaking glances at each other" she shivered in disgust, "yuck, love"

"Like you and Jake aren't-"

"Oh look! Is that Hunter I see?! You should go talk to him! Don't think I didn't see your victory kiss or whatever" she said and pushed me in his direction.

"Yeah, yeah, try and interrupt me all you want but we all know you're in love with Jake!" I yelled and everyone's attention immediately shifted to her.

I laughed quietly when I saw her look at Jake and turn beet red while he grinned from ear to ear.

Ah. Young love.

"Hey" I smiled at Hunter when I reached him and was about to touch him but the look on his face stopped me.

"Hunter? Hey, wh-"

"My mother's dead" he said in a flat voice and I froze.

"Hunter-"

"My grandma too" he clenched his fist.

"I couldn't save either of them" He got up and shook his head at me.

"I don't think you should be near me right now" he said quietly and I felt my chest constrict.

"What do you mean?" I said, not wanting to hear his reply.

"I mean, that I came here to save you and my grandmother only" he gulped, "I-I leave for Italy tomorrow"

My heart stopped.

"W-what? You c-can't be serious Hunter. After everything we've been through, you just want to pack up and move to Italy?! Where the hell is this coming from!" I shouted, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"I've already spoken to my Dad, the plans have been set. I had a feeling I wouldn't save her, I'm a failure. Please don't make this harder than it needs to be" he crossed his arms and I glared at him.

"Fuck you!"

I wiped away the stray tear on my cheek, "fuck you Hunter! You don't tell a girl you love her, kiss her and then leave you fucking asshole!" I punched his chest weakly.

"I need to leave this place okay?! You left your home because you wanted a fresh start here, well it's the same for me! This town, this city, this bloody country is nothing but bad memories and hurt feelings! I need a fresh start, I need a new chapter" He pleaded with but I didn't budge.

"This isn't the same Hunter. You have friends here, a school that loves you, family, hell you have me! Don't just leave all this behind because you can't handle it" I told him, hoping he'd reconsider and stay with me.

"No" he turned away from me, "you're stronger without me Princess" he said in a shaky voice.

"No, Hunter, I'm stronger with you. Please, please don't do this to me, to us" I stared into the green eyes that I grew to love so much, eyes I may never see again.

"I'm sorry" he turned away and I grabbed at his arm, a new determination firing in the pit of my stomach.

"If you leave Hunter Black, don't you ever think of coming back, do you hear me? I will never speak to you again! You and I will be finished. So you can stay Hunter, and let me help you get through this, or you can go. Either way...I'll be stronger, with or without you" I finished, my eyes burning into his.

Tears streamed down his face and he smiled at me, "there's that fire cracking princess who told me off in the hallway all those months ago"

"Hunter" my voice sounded desperate.

And I was.

"Goodbye Stephanie Roberts" he kissed my forehead, "I'd never thought I'd love again. Guess I was wrong" he smiled at me one last time.

And walked away.

The last piece of my heart that wasn't broken...

Shattering.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 4.3K 55
"How about a makeover? Make the boys regret that they ever bullied you?" Those were the words that changed Scarlett Storm's life. Scarlett Storm is y...
12.4K 227 4
The cooler Kevin x Streber oneshot story
4M 86.9K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
1.9M 47.8K 43
You know them boys that ride the best cars, the hottest guys walking on earth, the players, the popular ones, the ones that are called 'bad boys'. We...