hollow with a heart (re-write)

By ZBX6779

Rias loses her composure and tells Issei that she regrets reincarnating him all because he didn't confess lik... More

part 2: wild fire
part 3: no more.
part 4: angry Valkyrie.
part 5: what do I do?
part 6: back to square one
part 7: stray
part 8: I've become so numb.
part 9: it gets worse.
part 10: answers.
part 11. my other half.
part 12: wake up
part 13: who will end it?
part 14: first laugh.
part 15: the rating game.
part 16: hollowfication.
part 17: more answers
part 18: next step.
part 19: Kyoto.
part 20: repent
part 21: vacation & lights.
part 22: new home and rivalry.
part 23: information and graduation
part 24: not the one.
part 25: sides & AMF.
part 26: bound & free
part 27: fear or love.
part 28: cafe sweet Phoenix.
part 29: at last.
part 30: a note for a "hero"
part 31: not going to happen.
part 32: Romania
part 33: blood.
part 34: preparations
part 35: almost time.
part 36: it has begun.
part 37: is it finally over?
part 38: new home and rating game.
part 39: a true queen.
part 40: party party party.
part 41: hollow beast.
part 42: the life of a fox.
part 43: the life of a fox part 2
part 44: happiness
part 45: family and a friendly game.

part 1: LIES

24.4K 239 483
By ZBX6779

(. )= Thoughts.
*...*= Minor character action.
____________________

Rias: Issei....who am I to you?

Issei: what do you mean? You're the president and my Ri...

Rias: YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE!!

She slaps him hard enough to push him away. He holds his cheeks in shock. The others started to insult him.

Akeno: Issei you fool!

She snapped at him.

Issei: Akeno?

Asia: you're terrible Issei!

Asia joined in.

Kiba: do we have to spell it out for you? Jeez.

Xenovia: you're an idiot Issei!

Koneko: you're the biggest piece of shit!

Irina: I can't believe you. You blind fool!

Issei just looks at everyone, so far only Ravel, Rossweisse and Gasper haven't belittled him.

Issei: Gasper do you hate me too?

Gasper: yeah... I can't believe I looked up to you...

Issei: but...why?

Issei uses his spell that let's him hear what a woman is thinking/feeling hoping that it'll clear things up. He could feel the malice coming from most of the women in the room but the worst was coming from Rias.

(Akeno: you absolute fool!

Irina: you clueless moron!

Xenovia: and people say I'm dumb?!!

Asia: what is wrong with you?!

Koneko: perverted bastard!

Ravel: what just happened?

Rossweisse: let him finish Rias!

Rias: YOU DENSE SELFISH BASTARD! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH)

Rias: ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW? DAMN IT I REGRET REINCARNATING YOU, I SHOULD HAVE LET RAYNARE KILL YOU TWICE YOU PERVERT! RIGHT NOW RISER SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD BACKUP LOVER. I REGRET BREAKING THE MARRIAGE!

That did it, it silenced everyone in the room, each had a look of shock on their faces.

Rossweisse:.........

Ravel:........

Issei looked at her with a blank expression. He shed a tear and figured out what she meant by letting Raynare kill him, Rias saw this and realized what she just did.

Rias: oh no.... Issei I'm..

She tried to apologise but Issei cut her off.

Issei: no no it's okay, don't apologise.... *Sigh*.

Rias:..Issei I didn't mean it..

Issei: no no no... you did...you all did... Save for you two.

He gestured towards Rossweisse and Ravel.

Issei:.. I'm glad you were all honest with me, you let me die which means you let Asia die when you could have saved us, with your power it would be so easy.... You reincarnated me to teach Riser a lesson and I did it...now that he's a better person and you're free, what do you need me for? I'm just a pawn, a tool, a slave after all. You used me cause I have the boosted gear...*sigh*........ You really are a devil...

Right now he's barely managing to keep his breathing stable. His body felt cold to him.
Each word he spoke made his voice tremble, his face was expressing every negative emotion, hate, disdain, fear, anxiety etc.

Akeno: that's not what she..

Issei: I'LL.....see you guys at the rating game. I promised Sairorg a good fight. Take care guys..... Master....

(Rossweisse: Rias...you let him die? You left Asia to die?!!?)

(Ravel: what the...)

Issei walks towards the door, Rias grabs his hand to try to talk to him, his gauntlet appears.

Ddraig: let go Gremory. You'll only make it worse.

Rias: Issei please listen.

Issei let out a powerful aura that symbolizes the rage he's feeling, he looks at her and the others except for Rossweisse and Ravel with so much hate.

Issei: let. Me. Go. Gremory!!

Rias let go and backed off. He called her by her last name, he never did that before and didn't call her president like he usually does. Issei stopped releasing that blood lust filled aura, it felt so empty, he walked out the door, he slammed the door so hard that cracks appeared on it, He walked while dragging his hand on the wall, his legs were shaking but he forced himself to continue walking. Rias tried to follow him but Rossweisse stopped her.

Rossweisse: DON'T YOU DARE RIAS!

Rias and everyone else froze, Rossweisse never raised her voice like that.

Ravel: I feel like this is my fault....

Rossweisse: no it's not. You did nothing but help us.

Ravel: maybe I can help with this problem?

Rossweisse: no Ravel, this is our problem, we can't expect you to do everything but we appreciate the offer. I'm sorry to ask this of you but please go home for now, I need to go find Issei.

Ravel:....very well... I hope Issei is alright.

Rossweisse: I doubt it.

Ravel teleports home and Rossweisse looked at them with pure rage.

Rossweisse: now. start talking!

Everyone in the room is frightened.

Rossweisse: you guys let Issei die? You let Asia die?

Rias:....I ..I..

Rossweisse: SPEAK UP!

Rias: OKAY YES I LET HIM DIE, HE TOLD US TO HELP SAVE ASIA AND WE DID BUT NOT FAST ENOUGH TO DO IT WHEN SHE WAS A HUMAN!

Rossweisse: you said that you should have let Raynare kill him twice, does that mean you knew he was a target? THAT ASIA WAS A TARGET?!!

Rias:....

Rossweisse: that silence could only mean yes, you knew that the fallen were after then yet you let them die just so you could use them to get out of a marriage that you could have refused without consequence if you simply tried hard enough. That's right I did my research.

Rias:....

Rossweisse looks at everyone else.

Asia was crying, she looked angrily at Rias but some of that anger was directed towards herself.

Asia: you knew this the whole time Rias? He risked life and limb for you and us literally and this is how we repay him?

Rossweisse: did the rest of you know about her plans?

Koneko, Kiba and Akeno looked away in shame.

Gasper: no..I was sealed away.

Rossweisse: what? Why?

Gasper: I couldn't control my powers.

Rossweisse looked at Rias.

Rossweisse: so instead of helping him you sealed him away? Wow, I can't believe you right now.

Rias: IS IT SO HARD FOR HIM TO SAY THAT HE LOVES ME?

Rossweisse: STOP CHANGING THE SUBJECT! YOU DIDN'T EVEN LET HIM FINISH, I COULD TELL HE WAS ABOUT TO SAY THAT HE'S IN LOVE WITH YOU......now I'm wondering why? You can stay here, I'm going to go look for him.

She leaves and looks for Issei.

Irina: what have we done?

Gasper: I was cruel to him.....

Rias starts to sob uncontrollably, Gasper hides in his box, Koneko stops eating her sweets and had a shadow over her eyes, Kiba's hands were shaking, Akeno sits on the sofa motionlessly. Xenovia held her head in her hands. Asia ran out the door to look for him.

Irina: *sniff*..we messed up....big time.

Outside.

Rossweisse ran out the main gate and saw Issei walking in the distance, she caught up to him within seconds.

Rossweisse: Issei wait up!

He didn't respond, he just kept walking. She grabbed him by his hand and he stopped but he didn't face her.

Issei: please....let go..*sniff*...I need to be alone.

Rossweisse: no Issei we need to talk about it.

Issei: what's there to talk about? *Sniff*.. You heard her.... I'm just a perv that shouldn't be alive.

He broke her grip on his hand and started walking.

Rossweisse: Issei please talk to me.

Issei: I'm sorry but I have nothing to say to anyone, I'm going to go train for the rating game, I made Sairorg a promise to fight him for real. I'll see you at school tomorrow sensei.

She stopped walking and watched him go home all alone. She knows not to pursue this any further, he needs to heal the right way, not by force. She went back and ran into Asia.

Asia: where is he?

Rossweisse: he needs to be alone. Let's leave him be.

Asia: *sniff*. But I need to apologise to him.

Rossweisse: I know that but it won't heal the damage. Come back to the ORC, we all need to talk.

They go back, Asia was weeping the whole time, she was left to die only to be used and the only one who was in the same boat, her saviour....she hurt him. Rossweisse took her inside and left her in the ORC, she called Azazel but it went straight to voicemail. He may be very carefree but also very caring about his students especially Issei being the unique existence he is.

Rossweisse: Azazel it's me...we have a serious situation here... it's Issei. He's..just go see him. You're the only one who can help.

Back with Issei.

He went home and just dropped off his school bag in his room, changed into his training clothes which were a vest and shorts made from durable material. He went to the underground training field and started training.

Issei: balance breaker, promotion to rook.

Ddraig: Welsh dragon balance breaker, change solid impact.

Many targets appeared and Issei started to punch them, he'll need strength and power against Sairorg, he kept punching and boosting but he felt as if each punch he threw was weaker than the last.

Issei: come on, what's wrong with me?

Ddraig: Issei......you know why...

Issei: ......

Ddraig: you need to let out your frustrations, you're angry, stop holding it in.

His armour disappeared and he fell on his knees. He looked at the somewhat broken target dummies and started to cry, he tried to hold back the tears.

Issei: real men don't cry ....don't be a bitch..don't be weak.

But it was of no use, he broke down more and more each time he tried to calm himself. In mere seconds only his loud cries could be heard. He punched the ground and each punch was creating cracks since he promoted to rook earlier. His knuckles were bloody and they mixed with the tears flowing from his eyes.

Issei: AFTER EVERYTHING I WENT THROUGH, THE FALLEN, FREED, KOKABIEL, RISER, GIVING UP MY ARM, VALI, DAIDORA, LOKI, THE JUGGERNAUT DRIVE, CAO CAO, THE CHAOS BRIGADE, EVERYTHING AND FOR WHAT!!???

Ddraig:........

Issei:....*sniff*.. One tiny mistake and suddenly I'm the worst being to exist........

Ddraig: it's not your fault.

Issei: then why does it feel like it is Ddraig? Maybe if I wasn't such a perv then things would have been very different. Maybe I never would have been killed by that light spear, maybe I would have awakened you earlier and been strong enough to save Asia, not use the juggernaut drive or who knows what else.

Ddraig: Issei it also made you the strongest red dragon emperor.

Issei: AT WHAT COST DDRAIG? MY PERVERSION DAMAGED YOUR REPUTATION, YOUR PSYCHE FOR FUCKS SAKE. I MUST TRULY BE THE WORST TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT TO A DRAGON!!

Ddraig: I appreciate your concern but right now you need to worry about yourself.

Issei: I'm just so angry, I was being used this whole time, I was a slave.....

Ddraig: Issei I doubt that.

Issei: how so?

Ddraig: they do love you..

Issei: then why did they let me die? If she needed help then she could have just asked me, I would have helped....

Ddraig: knowing you...I believe you would have.

Issei: I need a drink, Azazel thinks I don't know about his stash of booze in this house.

Ddraig: Issei please, it won't help.

Issei: right now anything might help to numb the pain.

He gets up and opens the no longer secret compartment in one of the many rooms, inside the compartment was vodka, whiskey and scotch. Luckily his parents aren't home. He pours himself some vodka and downs it in one swig, he didn't care that it burned going down his throat but took another shot then another then another. After his 8th shot of vodka his eyes very bloodshot both from crying and the alcohol. He poured himself another shot. A hand appeared and took all the alcohol away.

Azazel: I'm cutting you off Issei. Please stop, I can't bare to see you like this.

Azazel had appeared and had tears in his eyes. He saw Issei as a son but never once did he imagine seeing him like this. The unstoppable red dragon emperor now completely broken......

Issei:..... Azazel?

Azazel: hey kiddo.

Issei got up but stumbled, Azazel caught him from falling face first.
Issei balanced himself but didn't let go of Azazel. He immediately hugged Issei as Issei cried on his shoulder.
After some time Issei had stopped crying and sat in the corner of the room and Azazel sat next to him.

Azazel: do you want to talk about it?

Issei: ..... Do you already know what happened?

Azazel: I do.

Issei: Rossweisse told you the story?

Azazel: yes she did.

Issei: I see.....I can't believe Ravel saw what had happened.

Azazel: that should be the least of your concern right now.

Issei: they let Asia and I die and I nearly died several times WILLINGLY for them...... Azazel.....am I really such a fool?

Azazel: not at all, we were all fooled, we all thought that they were the kind hearted people we knew but today their true colours were shown.

Issei: people? Devils through and through.

Azazel: not all of them, Rossweisse saw their mistake and also saw that they didn't let you finish your confession. If you did confess then...

Issei: I would have been in bliss. Despite not completely healing the emotional damage that Raynare caused I was ready to move on, I gave my heart, mind body and soul to her, everything I did and she said that she would rather go back to Riser.

Azazel: women are trouble, I got caught by their allure and I fell but you fell more than I did.

Issei: I don't know what to do anymore, I lived and nearly died for the woman I fell in love with and this is my penance. Getting drunk and breaking apart at the very thought of her.

Azazel: I'm still surprised that you had 8 shots of vodka and not puke. You handled it very well for your first time but you'll have one hell of a hangover tomorrow morning.

Issei: it'll be nothing compared to the light spears or merging a part of the dividing gear, Fenrir puncturing my entire body with his fangs, or the worst I've suffered yet...this heartache.

Azazel: in only a few months you went from being a pervy highschool kid to fighting strays, fallen, monsters, other sacred gear users and even Loki all while becoming the strongest red dragon emperor.

Issei: I only survived Loki because Ravel gave me a phoenix tear.

Azazel: yeah she's a caring girl.

Issei: so far Ravel, Rossweisse and you seem to care.

Azazel: so does Asia, Irina, Gasper and the others.

Issei: contrary to recent events.

Azazel: it's late Issei, get some sleep. You need to sleep off all that vodka.

Issei slowly gets up and managed to weakly get to a bed. He passed out in mere seconds. Azazel took out a small bottle containing a blue liquid and kept it on a small table with a note that said.

Note: drink this to cure your hangover. Drink plenty of water once the hangover is gone. I'll check on you soon.

Azazel.

Once Azazel had left the room he placed a few powerful spells and runes on it. Only he and select few can enter the room, if any unwanted people try to enter then he'll know, when Issei leaves or anything then he'll know. He is pissed that he was hurt this much in mere seconds.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 1.7K 14
Rias tells Issei the truth about everything by mistake because he was afraid to confess. He flies away and encountered a hollow, it bit him. What wil...
571K 5.1K 35
Issei has been suffering for 19 years straight until he snaps. From weakest to badass. this is my first fanfic and you guys already know what the cha...
34.6K 441 17
This was originally going to be a sequel to my first story called The fallen Dragon king but I decided that this will be a seperate story entirely. ...
87.9K 1.6K 25
"I don't care of that red haired bitch gets married to Riser, I made a promise to another and I intend to keep it" After the meeting with Riser, Isse...