Checkmate: THE NEXT LEVEL (R)

By Love_Bri94

Mya and Chris take on the married life. Will they be able to handle all of the obstacles that it brings Tim... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
TwentyOne
TwentyTwo
TwentyThree
TwentyFour
TwentyFive
TwentySix
TwentySeven
TwentyEight
TwentyNine
Thirty
ThirtyOne
ThirtyTwo
ThirtyThree
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFive
ThirtySix
ThirtySeven
ThirtyEight
ThirtyNine
Forty
FortyOne
FortyTwo
FortyThree
FortyFour
FortyFive
FortySix
FortySeven
FortyEight
FortyNine
Fifty
FiftyOne
FiftyTwo
FiftyThree
FiftyFour
FiftyFive
FiftySix
FiftySeven
FiftyEight
🫢🏽
FiftyNine
Sixty
SixtyOne
SixtyTwo
🫠
Bonus Ch.1 - Breezy Knows Best
Bonus Ch.2 - Chatting With the Andersons
Bouns Ch 3. - Causing Trouble
πŸ™„πŸ˜’

Fifteen

6.7K 350 216
By Love_Bri94

Chapter Fifteen
Timothy Anderson
Los Angeles, California - Two Months Later

After our family therapy session, I've really been chilling trying to figure out my next move. I know Dr. Thompson was probably sick of our asses but I talked to him another time after meeting with our family. I thought therapists were chill and just listened but he definitely put in my place, just told me to basically stop depending on my sister and grow the hell up. And he's right.

Relying on my sister and expecting her to have all the answers really crippled me. Crossing her has caused me to not have a home, or a car and this shit has been tough. I had to move back in with my parents with my old ass and hearing my mom yelling about the dumbest shit, I started thinking about how I'ma get back on my feet.

When I had connects through my sister and CB, I thought about a shoe store or something but that's out the window. So I have to go back to my first idea of a dispensary. I got my own connects when it comes to good weed and being in Cali you gotta sell some top of the line shit or you might as well not even waste time tryna sell it. Lucky for me I'm an expertise when it comes to having the best.

I found the perfect store front but I'm a little short on purchasing it and my credit is too fucked up to even think about a loan. I've been working my ass off at my pops restaurant to try and get the last few dollars that I need. Honestly that shit ain't moving fast enough of me and it's tempting me to link up with some old friends of mine. But the last thing I need is to be caught up in any more bullshit so ima try my hardest to make my money the legal way.

It was finally almost closing time at my dads restaurant and I needed to sit the fuck down. Whenever he has any type of special it's always crazy as hell. I'm talking lines out the door and this mainly because Chris or Mya promotes it. Most people think they might run into them, it'll be too crazy if that ever happens.

As I sat down at one of the empty tables, I groaned while pulling out my phone. I had a couple missed calls from ransoms, a text from Syren that I wasn't about to check and notifications from Instagram. I hit the first notification to open the app and see what's poppin on my TL.

As I scrolled the sound of the door opening and the bell ringing made my head toss back. I hate last minute ass people! Getting up I slowly walked over to the register causing whoever this was to laugh. "Welcome to Sam's Kitchen, what can I get you?" I said not bothering to even glance up.

"You can't say hi to an old friend first."

My eyebrows furrowed before finally looking up. "Asia!"

"Hello to you too!"

"Oh my god!" I hurried from behind the counter and pulled her into a hug. "Man what's up?!"

"Nothing much." She laughed while hugging me back. This girl she hate me honestly. I left her hanging back and Miami plus all the cheating I did.

"Man what you doing in Cali?" I asked as I stepped back.

"Relocating. My dad passed away last year and I just couldn't be there in Miami by myself."

My face fell. Her dad was all she had, damn. "I'm so sorry to hear that. I would ask how you holding but I already know."

She nodded. "Yeah, I'm managing though."

"That good to hear. Let me get you some food, have a seat."

"Okay." She flashed that same amazing smile then went and sat where I was previously.

I went and locked the door before heading back because we did close in 10 minutes and I don't need no more pop ups. As soon as I got in the kitchen, I grabbed two plates and started putting whatever I could on there.

"Boy what the hell you doing?" My dad asked.

"You gone throw it away anyway, stop tripping old man."

"Nigga you piling that plate like you about to feed a whole family."

"Asia out there. We about to catch up."

"Your ex Asia?"

"Yeah, she just moved to Cali. Her dad died last year, you know he was the only family she had left."

"Aw man. Well make sure she got some to take with her."

"Okay."

"Once I get everything cleaned up, ima head out. Can you lock up for me?"

"I got you."

He nodded and I went back to making our plates then headed back out to Asia. "Here you go." I said while putting the food down.

"Oh my goodness Tim, you know I love your dads food but this is a bit much."

"You can take some home, it's all getting thrown out so why waste it you know?"

"Say no more."

"So, what else has been going on? You don't manage Mya's Miami location anymore do you?"

"No, I kind of wanted to do my own thing once everybody left. I went and got my realtors license and have been doing really well with that."

"Damn that's what's up."

"So what's been going on with you?"

I stared down at my food thinking if I should tell her about all the crazy shit I been in. "Uh, shit I've just been trying to get my life figured out you know. I've had a lot of wake up calls."

"I heard about you getting shot."

"Yeah but that's the least of my problems honestly."

"What you caught up in now Timothy?"

I exhaled while licking my lips. "So I don't know if you heard about all the shit that went down between Mya and Syren."

"No!"

"Well Syren was jealous of Mya being with Chris and was basically dogging her. Even teamed up with Kayla it was crazy. But um.....I know you knew about the shit that went down between me and Syren as much as I tried to keep it hidden, she made sure to be ignorant."

"A blind man could see."

"Yeah, well after everything that went down between her and Mya I continued being my sneaky self and that shit came to bite me in the ass.......Syren is uh....pregnant."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"She's having my baby. She's due next month." I looked at her, trying to read her face but it was as blank as it could be and I knew why.

"Are you playing a sick joke on me?"

"I wish I was Asia."

"So did you just find out or, like you been knew?"

"Knew since the beginning."

"Please tell me you told her to get an abortion."

"I did, but she wouldn't be Syren if she listened."

"Oh you didn't force her like you forced me?!"

Groaning I placed my hands on top of my head. Two years into our relationship, Asia got pregnant. I was heavy in the streets and the last thing I needed was a baby. Shit I barely need one now. But I was the biggest asshole to Asia and basically dragged her to the abortion clinic. Whenever she had another pregnancy scare, I'd have the money ready fast. "Asia I didn't even think the baby was mine. I thought she was just being messy like always."

"Still a liar I see. I'm sure you willingly fucked her unprotected. The way you never could leave that girl alone always showed me your true feelings about her. You love her, you care about her. You used to leave me by myself whenever she called. Til this day I don't know why I stuck around as long as I did."

"Asia I loved you and cared about you, shit I still do. Syren just had this unhealthy hold on me. I mean I grew up with this girl she knows everything about me."

"Well, I wish you and her the best of luck." She closed up the carton with her food in it. "Stop pretending like you hate her for your sisters sake cause you know damn well you're in love with that girl." She grabbed her purse.

"Asia don't leave."

"It was nice seeing you Tim." Asia walked out the front door and I just sunk down into my seat. I don't know why I thought telling her about Syren would be any different.

Man it's starting to feel like I ain't got nobody. I'm tryna fight this depression because it's getting the best of me. It's like when I try to clean up the mess I make, something else spills.

Honestly I don't know what to do at this point.

Kayla Anderson
The Next Day - Los Angeles

Today was my off day and I'm so happy. I haven't had the chance to pamper myself so that's what my day will consist of. After taking a long hot shower, I slipped on a dress and some slides grabbed some shades, my purse and headed out.

I am now three months pregnant and overly anxious to see my stomach grow and feel my baby move. I honestly thought that I'd just be the fly Aunty, that travels and buys the best gifts but god obviously had other plans. As much as I felt like I didn't need this, I'm starting to think otherwise. This will slow me down, give me another outlook on life.

I have a while to go but I'm excited.

After getting my toes and eyebrows done, I headed to do some shopping before my hair appointment. Even though it's too soon to start shopping for the baby, I was browsing through the baby section. I think I want a boy. Even though I love being all dressed up with my hair and make up doing and maybe the shortest dress and the tallest heels, I'm still a Tomboy at heart.

When I was younger I used to wanna hang out with Brian soooooo bad. My dad thought I just wanted to be in niggas faces but I loved how dirty they got and how much fun they had with no care. I played basketball all of middle school and up until my junior year in high school.

I wanna be a pal mom. I wanna be on the sidelines cheering him on, never missing a game. Taking him and all his football friends out for food afterwards. I'd definitely be the mama yelling at the refs too.

My mom think it's a girl and she's usually right.

After grabbing some things for Mya's daughter I was about to make my way to shop for myself when someone grabbed my arm. I quickly turned around ready to go crazy and when I saw who it was I was about to go even crazier. "Omari, let me go."

"Nice to see you too Kayla."

I snatched my arm away. "What the fuck do you want?"

"I've been calling and texting you. You send me a picture of a ultrasound and fucking pregnancy test then disappeared, that ain't cool."

"Well I guess your foul ways are rubbing off on me. It ain't shit for us to talk about. I'm fine. My baby is fine and that's all you need to know."

"Why can't we just sit down like adults and have a conversation man? I'm sorry about everything that happened okay? I miss you."

I laughed. "No the fuck you don't. Don't you got another baby mama to bother?"

"I don't care about her Kayla. That was a mistake."

"It's always a mistake when your girl finds out. But the entire time you were fucking her I'm sure there wasn't an ounce of regret on your mind. I truly do not understand men. Instead of just being single, you'd rather hurt somebody that truly cares about you just so you can get your dick wet. It's crazy."

"What I gotta do to fix this?"

"There's nothing you can do. Cheating is one thing but a fucking baby Hoody....that's just the icing on the cake. No amount of begging or pleading will fix any of this. Just be there for our baby that's all I ask."

He sighed. "I know you feel like your mind is completely made up about us, but I think you just need some time. I love you, Kayla. Anything you need just call me and I got you."

All I could do was laugh because this man is just honestly a joke. "Have a nice day Omari."

He sighed. "I'll catch you later Kayla."

I didn't say anything else, just walked away. One thing I absolutely dislike about pregnancy is how heightened my emotions are. I felt myself getting ready to cry and the last thing I want to do is waste tears over his stupidity.

Is this my karma for all the dumb shit I've done in my life? Do I talk to god ask for forgiveness just to get rid of this burden, because I can't take it.

I know an abortion was going to have me feeling super guilty and this baby is innocent, but do I really want to be tied to that piece of shit forever?

Uuugggghhh, why does this have to be my life?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 133 30
Ciara never been so wrong in her life. After she meets Trae, a multi millionaire drug dealer she experience love for the first time. As there relati...
649K 20.5K 29
The honeymoon is over, Shane and Paris are back being faced with the hardship of marriage. They also have to dispute everything else that comes with...
328K 13.3K 52
From the Beginning she thought there was only two choices Change Him or Get sucked into his Lifestyle Now she sees there's only one option Surviving...
5.6M 169K 81
After almost failing out of Dental School, August returns to Atlanta willing to do whatever it takes to make things right with the only person who c...