Here

By Exo880408

I've been desperately waiting for my first love to come back until I learned what love really means. ... More

Trailer
Right Here
Us
Still Here
Sweetly Strummed Strings
Him
Family
Oppa
Do I Like Him?
No More Tears
Warmth
The Next Day
Little by Little
Love Game?
Harder
Everything
Fool
μ‚¬λž‘ν•΄
Day 1
Special
Secret
Trust
100
Parting?
I'll Be Here
Now and Beyond
BONUS

Won't Stop

593 22 2
By Exo880408

The week passes by quickly, and it's Monday again. Ever since my parents watched Chanyeol's performance on Saturday- which I did not attend-, they have been talking about how talented he is. Everything is as it is.

Well...everything except our somehow awkward relationship. I thought I was doing us a favor by keeping our 'siblings' relationship, but it has somehow turned awkward.

"So...have you said yes?" asks Mom as I was spreading a jam on my bread while Mom is preparing Dad's.

"Huh? Say yes? For what? To whom?" I ask back confused.

"To Chanyeol's confession, of course!" Mom rolls her eyes.

I raise my head and gasp. "Wh-wh-what are you talking about, Mom?" I stutter flustered by her statement.
How did she know?

"Eyy...don't lie to me. I was young once too. And I know that look Chanyeol always gives you is a look of love."

Well...since Mom has somehow figured it out, I guess I should just spill out the beans because only a miracle will make her waver on that thought.

"A-actually...I rejected him." I force a rich teeth smile.

"MWO?! AIGOO...," Mom slaps my arm two times sending a painful sting on it, "why would you reject a guy like him?"

"AH, MOM! It hurts!" I rub my arm.

"Tsk. But you know what? I think you didn't reject him. You were just delaying to say 'yes'. I bet you will end up saying 'yes' to him anyway," Mom smirks.

"No, I won't." I pout.

----
School's finally done for today. I walk to my locker with Bokyung to take our bags. I look to the left and see Chanyeol is waving a good bye to Hara.
If only he knew she's a witch disguised as an angel.

"Ya! Wanna go to that ice cream shop you've been telling me?"

"Should we?" I turn to Bokyung and grin widely as she nods.

"Hi, Haewon!" A familiar voice I hate chirps in dissipating the smile on my face.

I turn to the person leaning on the locker beside me with a fake smile. I look away back to packing my things, and I can tell Bokyung is surprised this girl even greets me.

"What now, Hara?"

"I saw your parents at the cafe on Saturday."

"In case you don't know, Chanyeol invited them." I reply uninterested.

"I know that," she says as she shrugs. "That's not what I want to ask."

"I didn't come. I did what you ask me to. So what now?" I sling my bag on one shoulder and close my locker.

She scoffs and smirks. "You did what I ask?!"
I raise an eyebrow not knowing what she's actually talking about.

"What about this then?" She raises her handphone in front of me showing a picture in it. I gasp in surprise - or horror I should say- when I see the picture.

Bokyung snatches the phone and stares with wide eyes.
"Ya! You never told me he kissed you!"
Yes. It's a picture of him giving me a peck the day he confesses.

How does she have it?

Hara snatches back her phone and turns to look at me. "More like you kissed him."

"What?!" I take a deep breath, cross my arms and continue, "You may not believe me, but he was the one who kissed me. Wait. It wasn't even a kiss. He gave a peck. And FYI, I do keep my distance from him. So if you don't want me anywhere near him, maybe you should tame that 'boyfriend' of yours."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

I let out a deep breath and uncross my arms. I reply her with a softer tone this time. "Look, Hara. I really don't want to argue with you. And don't worry I won't get anywhere near him." Except the problem is he's my neighbor.

"Come on, Bokyung." I take Bokyung's hand and try to drag her out of there leaving fuming Hara. But before we can leave, Hara grabs my shoulder and pushes me to the locker making Bokyung gasps puting a hand over her mouth. And now everyone in the hallway is looking at us.

"Do you expect me to believe you?"

"Ya! Let me go!" She instead pins me harder.
Where does she gain this strength?!

Before I knew it, she grabs a handful of my hair with one hand.

"Ah!" I shriek in pain. "What are you doing? Everyone is looking?"

"Ya, Hara! Let her go!" Bokyung tries to pull her away to no avail.

"He kissed you?! Let me make it clear to you he's-"

"Let her go." Suddenly a hand grab Hara's hand that is pulling my hair.

"Ch-chanyeol?" Hara stutters and her eyes widen.

"Let. Her. Go." His words are calm yet demanding. Hara slowly lets me go; her head hangs low.

"I left a book in my locker, so I come back and this is what I witness? What do you think you're doing, Hara?" He asks her with a disappointed look on his face.

"I...I..."

"I thought you're an angel but I guess I was wrong." Hara raises her head in surprise. I pull his arm trying to make him stop.

"MWO?"

"Turns out you're just another bratty rich girl." I would clap to his statement if he doesn't say it right to her face. I do hate her, but I don't think it's right to say so in front of so many people now gathered around us.

"YA! PARK CHANYEOL!"

"Chanyeol-ah, stop it..." I whisper.

"YOU'RE NOTHING WITHOUT MY DAD'S HELP! MY DAD IS THE TICKET FOR YOU TO REACH YOUR DREAM AS A MUSICIAN." Tears are welling in her eyes now, but she tries so hard to hold it in.

"If you think you own me just because your Dad is my guardian, you're wrong!" He puts his arm around my shoulder and pulls me close to him. "Don't EVER hurt the one I love again!" My eyes widen at this statement and I shoot him a death glare, but his eyes are nailed on Hara intensely. People start to whisper.

"YA!" I shout as I fling away his arm on my shoulder.

"Just so you know: I really was the one who kissed her." With that he grabs my hand and drags me piercing through the crowd leaving Hara who finally lets a drop of tear fall on her cheek. She scoffs to herself.

"Wait for me!" Bokyung tries to catch up with us.

"Ya Park Chanyeol!" Hara calls and Chanyeol stops without even turning to look at her. "You're fired!" I gasp and turn to look at him, but he doesn't seem to be affected one bit by that statement. He instead tightens his grip on my hand and continues to walk.

----
I sit silently crossing my arm looking out the window while he sits behind me because I've put my bag on the seat beside me. I told Bokyung that today won't be a good day to go to the ice cream shop.

"Haewon-ah...are you mad at me?"

As much as I like the fact that he finally sees Hara's real side, I hate the fact that he just told everyone that he likes me. Furthermore, I do hate Hara, but I don't like how he confronted her. It makes me feel guilty, though I know I shouldn't be. I am now emotionally confused.

The bus stops somewhere and a few passengers go down. Suddenly, Chanyeol takes my bag and pulls me off of my seat dragging me out of the bus.

"Ya! What are you doing? We shouldn't get off here!"

"I know. I'm taking you somewhere."

"What? Where?"
Just then another bus comes and he drags me inside it.

"Where are we going?"

"I'm kidnapping you." He laughs. "Trust me. You will like it."

I pout and slouch. I guess right now I can only follow him.

-After an hour-
"We're here." He marks and we get down from the bus.

"Come on!" Again, he drags me while running. And there at the end of the road lies a beautiful beach. The white sand glistens under the sun and the sea constantly kisses the shore. I clasp my hand and smile from ear to ear.

"Told you you'll like it."

"I didn't know a place like this exist one-hour away from our place!"

"Of course you didn't. Your life is only home, school, and the park." He teases.

"Tsk." I pout at him and look back at the beautiful beach and close my eyes breathing the fresh air. I can hear him laugh.

"Come now." He takes my hand again and I open my eyes.

"Where are we going now?"
He just smiles and I follow him.

-----
"WOOHOO!" I raise both of my hands up in the air as the cart goes down the slope. He brought me to a small theme park and told me that this ride will surely help in relieving stress. I was scared at first, but turns out it's actually really fun. Right after the coaster ride, I drag him to enter the ghost house to which he disagreed. But after I pleaded over and over he relents.

"Chanyeol-ah! Are you okay?" I ask while laughing after we get out from the ghost house. His face looks really pale as if his blood has been sucked by a vampire and his soul has left him.

Afterwards, I buy him a drink while he sits on a bench trying to summon back his soul. The sky now has become dark purple with a shade of pink and orange.

"Thanks." He takes the drink. "Don't...ever...drag me there again." He manages to say after trying to catch a breath. I laugh hard.

"Araso...araso..."

"Now...let's ride that." He points to the ferris wheel and I nod after following his point and land my gaze on the ferris wheel.

Riding the ferris wheel, we can look at the beautiful beach again though the sky has become dark. The dark sky is beautiful in itself with glittering stars starting to appear on it. On another side we can see the distant city lights. I turn to look at Chanyeol who is sitting in front of me happily gazing at the view.

"Thank you, Chanyeol!"

"Hmm?" He turns to look at me with that beautiful eyes of his.
Wait. What am I talking about.

"For what you did back at the school." He smiles in reply. "But actually... I don't think you should confront her like that. Her dad is your guardian after all."

"Her dad is. Not her." He simply replies.

"Still...what about your job now? What about your dream Hara talked about?"

"Don't worry. Mr. Choi is a wise man. Though I'm pretty sure right now Hara is whining to him and telling him she has fired me, he's not someone who will just follow her daughter's immature wish." He pats my hand to assure me. "Even if he follow what she wants, you don't have to worry about me. If he fire me, I can find another job. If he kick me out of the house, I can live in your house." He laughs.

"Ya!" I slap his arm. "How can you be so nonchalant about this!"

"Don't worry about me... She deserves to know her place. If it wasn't to her, I would still do it to anyone who hurts you."

I look at him who is giving me a sweet smile.
"Chanyeol, I rejected you."

"Just because you rejected me doesn't mean I should completely stop loving you." I slowly look away as I feel my cheeks turn red.

Suddenly he leans forward and puts his hand on my cheek.

"Haewon-ah, please don't reject me just because you worry about me or because someone pressures you to."

"I-I didn't"
He laughs a bit hearing my answer.

"I'm not forcing you to accept me either. I just don't want you to do what you do and say what you say just because you're forced."

I can only look him straight in his eyes as he continues, "but just so you know... I'm going to continue on loving you. You may only see me as a brother, and that's okay, but I'm not going to stop. Not until I'm sure you have found someone who deserves your love and who loves you more than I do."

"Chanyeol..."

"That's what a brother should do anyway right?" He moves his hand to ruffle my hair. He only looks at my hair while smiling. Suddenly I remember something.

"Omo!" It of course surprises Chanyeol and he looks at me with wide eyes.

"What's the matter?"

"What time is it? I haven't called my parents they might be worried now!" I take out my phone and gasp as I see it's already 7.00 p.m. Just as I was about to dial my mom's number, my phone shuts down.

"Aish! Chanyeol, may I borrow your phone?"

He takes out his phone and looks at it before looking at me. "Mine's dead too!" He says disappointingly.

"Owh...eotteoke?"

----
I walk on tiptoes like a burglar and slowly and carefully close the door. The wooden floor squeaked and I close my eyes. Oh I'm so crossing my fingers now hoping my parents won't wake up. But my parents seem to be fast asleep now. I sigh in relief and continue to tiptoe in darkness when the room suddenly becomes bright and there to my surprise my dad is standing with arms crossed and my mom standing near the light switch.

"Yoo Haewon!" Dad growls as I stop in my track. And everyone knows what it means when a parent calls his child by full name.

"I-I'm home!" I stretch wide both of my arms and try to sound cheerful forcing a teeth rich grin on my face, but their stern face remain. I sigh defeated and put down my arms as I bow my head knowing what will come next.

"And where have you been, young lady?" asks Dad with his deep voice.

"I...I.." I scratch my head while still looking down.

"Do you know how worried we were?" Mom adds.

"I know.. I'm sorry." I bow in apology.

"Where have you been?" She re-asks Dad's question.

"I..." I was cut off by the door that suddenly slides open. And in comes Chanyeol.

What is he doing here? I told him to just go home.

"Annyeonghaseo, eomonim, abunim!" He greets them calmly as ever.

"Oh! Chanyeol-ah! What are you doing here?" Mom asks in surprise. Dad slowly uncrosses his hand and he looks puzzled.

"I just want to apologize for dropping her home this late."

"Ne? You two were together?" asks Dad his eyes widen. And I clearly see the grin on Mom's face hearing so.

"Yes, sir!" He answers like a soldier. "We were actually going to call, but... our phone batteries were dead."

"Aah...is that so? But where have you been?" Mom asks.

"I took Haewon out to relieve our stress because there has been a lot of assignments lately and tests are coming up too."

"Araso." Dad replies then turns to look at me. "You're lucky today, Haewon!"

"Yes, Dad." I pout and nod.

"But...," Dad then points at me with his finger, "I will ground you if this ever happen again. Araso?"

"Ne.." I hang my head low.

He then turns to point at Chanyeol. "You too, young man! We may not be your parents or your guardians, but since you have seen us as your parents we feel responsible for you too."

"Yes, sir!" Again, he answers like a soldier and even salutes Dad.

"Now, you both should rest." Mom suggests as she follows Dad to their room.

How can he be so calm when Dad is practically nagging us.
I roll my eyes. He even laughs a bit too.

"Ya! What's so funny?" I whisper.

"It's just that...I actually have forgotten what it feels like to be nagged by my parents. So this is what it feels..." He sighs contentedly and looks down with a smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

770K 18K 200
title says it all, fams :) hey guys! i've been rereading this and my grammar is appalling so i'm going to edit it! thanks for reading :)
2.2K 173 2
[SEBAEK πŸ’— COMPLETED] 8,108 words Baekhyun had been assigned to watch over Kyungsoo, to be his guardian angel of sorts. Everything was going perfectl...
42.2K 1.4K 34
This is the sequel to Found Myself Dreaming so if you haven't read that yet, please do so! -------------- You are an American actor who fell in love...
5.6K 263 38
βπ‘―π’Š 𝒀/𝒏.❞ 𝐑𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐑𝐒𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐒π₯𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐰𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝π₯𝐲. 𝐈 𝐬𝐭𝐒π₯π₯ 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐫𝐞...