Spacechase 3: Nousaurong's De...

By Richurian

The worst is yet to come! The Battle of SAFE Academy is won, Lord Shadowking is now dead, Stalin the Terrible... More

The Legend of Exzar and Nousaurong
Chapter One: A Blast From The Past
Chapter Two: Nousaurong's Debut
Chapter Three: Mission In N Out
Chapter Four: Shadows of the Past
Chapter Five: A Declaration of War
Chapter Six: There and Back Again
Chapter Seven: Flashback
Chapter Eight: The Road To War
Chapter Nine: Hit The Road, Jack!
Chapter Ten: The Battle of the Border
Chapter Eleven: The Battle of Sadika
Chapter Twelve: The Six Month Darkness
Chapter Thirteen: Battle of Kazukudum
Chapter Fourteen: Battle of Kazukudum: The Defensive Front
Chapter Fifteen: Nousaurong, Necrophobia, and Tragedy
Chapter Sixteen: Battle of Kazukudum: Agent Kids Vs Morquendi
Chapter Seventeen: John Vs Moloch
Chapter Eighteen: The Loner
Chapter Twenty: The Rescue Mission
Chapter Twenty One: The Long-Lost Brother
Chapter Twenty Two: Preparing For The Battle Of Murguol
Chapter Twenty Three: The Battle Begins
Chapter Twenty Four: The Sneaker
Chapter Twenty Five: A Fight To Survive
Chapter Twenty Six: Resizagirl Vs The Black Destructor

Chapter Nineteen: The Darkest Hour

0 0 0
By Richurian

While Jack had yet another encounter with Nousaurong, John Zar was still fighting Lord Moloch at Kazukudum.

John Zar was still trapped by Moloch's dark spell, still reliving the most painful moments in his life.

John was in a black void.

"LET ME OUT!!!!!!", yelled John.

"Tell me, John, how did it feel to abandon those you loved?! Did you ever consider how they felt?! I thought you Oridians ought to know better than to make deals with your sworn enemy, especially Nousaurong!", said Moloch.

"That's private!", said John.

"Not to me, and not to the God-Emperor! I gotta admit, God-Emperor Nousaurong sure does have a cruel streak! I like it, really! It's fun watching your superiors torment the Asmeth out of your enemies! I like watching those unfaithful to Nousaurong suffer his wrath! It seems to me like you have had a lot of suffering under his wrath!", said Moloch.

"SHUT UP AND LEAVE MY MIND!!!!!!", yelled John.

"No! I want more!", said Moloch

John landed on the floor. He was now on Mars. It was the year 1996 during the Martian War.

During this time, Mars had been experiencing political turmoil for thousands of years. Thousands of years after the death of the last Martian King, Mars experienced a period of endless civil war. Warlords dominated the scenes and did what they could to seize power.

When John arrived on Mars, Mars was at the climax of its thousand-year struggle. Many warlords sided with the Cult of Nousaurong in the hopes of achieving both power and unity! At the same time, many warlords feared Nousaurong and so they banded together to stop the Cult of Nousaurong from gaining influence in Martian politics.

In this moment within John's life, he had already been living in the red sandy battleground for a year. After he abandoned Cain and Rose, John felt as though he lost his purpose in life.

As a result, he became attached to the idea of saving others from the forces of evil. This was especially true after he stumbled upon Mars' barbaric environment.

It was at this point when John started to develop feelings for Jenna Zar, while forgetting about what happened with Rose and Cain.

John was sitting on a chair inside Jenna's house, observing the conflict waging all throughout.

"I swear, I'm gonna end this war! I'm gonna drive those Cult bastards out, and I'm gonna restore this place to its former glory! I will make this place peaceful again!", John said to himself.

"Is that so?!", said a dark voice.

John turned around. Nousaurong was standing right behind him.

"You! What do you want?!", said John.

"Nothing. I want to deliver a message!", said Nousaurong

"What is it?! I already did what you asked, I left Rose and Cain behind just like you said!", said John.

"I know, that is what I wish to talk about! You most certainly did leave those two..............," said Nousaurong.

Nousaurong laughed.

"YOU LEFT THOSE TWO TO THEIR DEATHS!!!!!!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!", laughed Nousaurong.

John's eyes were wide open. He cried.

"YOU, WHAT DID YOU DO?!!!!", yelled John.

"Me? I did nothing! I stayed away, I didn't bother interfering! I did what YOU asked me to do, I left them alone! However, I am not the only thing that can kill them! No, remember where you left them! Soavera, in the Slavelands, a place reputable for its slave trade, impoverishment, and violent crimes! You see, when dear sweet Rose realized what you did, she was so shocked! For 6 years or so, she experienced an extreme sense of abandonment and loss! Many bandits took advantage of her, and as a result, she faced difficulties adjusting to life in Soavera! Her situation in Soavera and your actions were too unbearable for her to handle, so she fell into a state of depression for 6 years! Her depression became so severe that she decided to take her own life! So your lovely wife committed suicide as a result!", said Nousaurong.

"No! It.......can't.......be! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!", yelled John.

"Oh, but it is! How would you feel if the one who loved you suddenly abandoned you at a place that was impossible to live at?! Don't blame me for this, I had nothing to do with it! I said I wouldn't kill them, I didn't say anything about preventing them from being killed by others, even themselves! You're the one who abandoned Rose, you're the one who left her all alone in a state of depression! YOU ARE THE ONE WHO KILLED YOUR OWN WIFE, NOT ME!!!!!!!", laughed Nousaurong.

"What about my son, what about Cain?!", said John.

Nousaurong laughed sadistically.

"Cain is also dead. Since his dear mother killed herself, she virtually left her son defenseless against anybody who would wanna harm him. When your son became 6 years old, a group of Soaveran Slave Traders attempted to enslave him. However, Cain ran away in terror in order to avoid being enslaved. As a result, the Slave Traders murdered him since they knew he would pose trouble for anybody who would wanna buy him, since rebellious slaves can be just as terrifying to slave masters as slave masters are to slaves. You were not there to save Rose from herself, and neither you nor Rose were there to save Cain. This was not my doing, it was your doing because you were the catalyst to all of this," said Nousaurong.

John clenched his fists in anger.

"You tricked me............YOU TRICKED ME!!!!!!!!! Curse you! CURSE YOU, YOU FIEND!!!!!!!!", yelled John.

"I kept my word that I wouldn't kill them, how about a little gratitude?!", said Nousaurong.

"THAT DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING, YOU CLEARLY KNEW THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN!!!!!!!! YOU WANTED ME TO LEAVE MY LOVED ONES TO THEIR DEATHS, DIDN'T YOU?!!!!! DIDN'T YOU?!!!!!!!", yelled John.

Nousaurong sadistically laughed.

"Well it's too late, there's nothing that can be done now that the deed is done! You failed them because you left them behind!", said Nousaurong.

"This was your doing! THIS WAS YOUR DOING!!!!! CURSE YOU, NOUSAURONG!!!!!!!!!!! WHY MUST YOU TAKE EVERYTHING I DESERVE?!!!!!", yelled John.

"I didn't take anything from you!", laughed Nousaurong.

"I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, YOU WANTED THIS TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!! YOU KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN IF I FOLLOWED YOUR DEAL!!!!!!!!", yelled John.

"MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! You are most certainly right, I must admit! To be honest with you, I did know that this would happen! To be honest with you, I WANTED this to happen! Yes, I did manipulate you!", laughed Nousaurong.

"YOU MONSTER!!!!!!! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!", yelled John.

"Yes, I manipulated you but that is not my fault that your friends died! A lie or deception alone will do absolutely nothing if the person doesn't fall for it! You fell for my deception, John! Your actions are you own, regardless of whether or not I told you to do them! I simply told you to do the deed, but I myself didn't do it! You killed your own wife, you killed your own son! How ironic?! You managed to save Rose and Cain from me, but you couldn't save them from yourself!", said Nousaurong.

John ran towards Nousaurong.

"ARRRRRRRAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!! NOUSAURONG, YOU'RE DEAD!!!!!!!!!", screamed John.

Nousaurong grabbed John the neck and threw him against the wall.

"Sorry, I didn't come here to fight you just yet! That will happen sometime later! I simply came here to spread the word about your loved ones' fates! Now that you know their fates, what will you do now?! I know just what you will do! You will sink to the ground and cry! You will cry and weep, and you will live a life full of regret! You will grieve from a loss that you brought upon yourself, and you will regret knowing that you killed your true love! The Oridians and my brother believed that love was the most powerful thing there ever is, that having it will make you happy and strong enough to do just about anything! But when you lose that love, you become sorrowful and it becomes a weapon that can be easily used against you! It is a strength and a weakness! It will tear you apart, and it will ultimately kill you in the bitter end! Who knows, I may not even need to kill you! Perhaps all I gotta do is watch as you kill yourself in despair and regret for not being there for those who needed you, just like how your own wife killed herself after you abandoned her! NOW YOU SHALL CARRY A CHAIN WITH YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, A CHAIN THAT WILL NEVER BE BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!", laughed Nousaurong.

"I'm gonna kill you!", said John.

"No, you are going to kill yourself!", said Nousaurong.

Nousaurong disappeared. John was all alone in Jenna's house. All he could do at this point was cry. All was mournful, and all was solemn. A spark of fire had been put out that day.

John was back in the bottomless pit, falling endlessly.

"NO, STOP IT!!!!!!!", screamed John.

John covered his ears and curled up in a ball as he fell through the bottomless pit.

"You are great hero, but also a sad and grim man! You were a fool to think that Nousaurong could hold his end of the bargain! You should have listened to your suspicions that day you encountered him at that bazaar! The God-Emperor wasn't kidding when he told you that love can become a weapon that can be easily used against you! Do what he told you, kill yourself! Only then will you be freed! Or perhaps, I just need to show you more! A man's true colors are revealed in his darkest moments of his life!", said Moloch.

"No! NO MORE!!!!!!!!", screamed John.

John fell onto solid ground. It was now the year 2002 on Mars, a few years after his last encounter with God-Emperor Nousaurong. The Martian War had just been ended after King Nebuchadnezzar was defeat, who led the Martian warlords who sided with the Cult of Nousaurong.

After hearing that Rose and Cain were dead, John was all alone. Luckily, Jenna was there for him and they both needed to help each other in winning the Martian War.

It was at this moment that John and Jenna had children. The first children were Melissa, then Josh, and then Curly, Billy, and Jack. At the same time, John and Jenna discovered two hibernation capsules left behind on Mars, which were in Earth's solar system for 900 billion years. These capsules crashed on Mars during the early days of the Martian Empire, and kept secured. When the Martian War started, these capsules were undiscovered for millennia.

Inside the capsules were two baby Drow. John and Jenna decided to adopt these two babies as their own. They named the two children William Tecumseh Sherman Zar and Shawn Zane Zar.

After years of grieving, John felt as though he could finally move on. With his new family, John felt as though life had given him a second chance.

However, he was wrong once again.

"I think I will name this one, Jackson Zar!", said Jenna.

"Jackson Zar?", said John.

"Yeah, I remember when I was a young child, I would always read stories about a great hero named Jack. He was one of the most legendary of Martian Kings who led the Martian Empire to victory during their war against the Dark Legion on Earth five thousand years ago. He freed many innocents on Earth from the Dark Legion's oppression. His name was King Jackson Zoratronius I. I believe that this boy will one day grow up to become a legendary hero," said Jenna.

"I was thinking about Alexander, after a famous Oridian King. His full name was Neron Alexander Zar I, the first King of the Neron Dynasty. Neron Alexander Zar I was the third King in Oridian's history, who succeed King Lucifer, the worst King in my nation's history. He worked tirelessly to reform Oridian government after it was corrupted by Lucifer. He ratified the original Magna Carta that was written by Exzar eons prior and he created many new constitutions that our government still abides by to this day. He gave the Council the power remove any King who was deemed to be a tyrant, that way no tyrant like Lucifer would ever cause Oridia's downfall," said John.

"How about we combine our ideas? Perhaps we can call him Jackson Alexander Zar?", said Jenna.

"Sounds good, I like it! Hello, Jackson Alexander Zar!", said John.

Baby Jack started giggling as John playfully tickled him. Suddenly, John noticed something very peculiar about his newborn son.

Baby Jack had a strange birthmark on his forehead. It was no ordinary birthmark because it looked like some sort of symbol. It was the Mark of Exzar.

John creepily stared at Jack's birthmark, pondering about why the Mark of Exzar was there.

"What's with the staring? You seem deep in thought all of a sudden," said Jenna.

"This boy, has a strange birthmark," said John.

"So?", said Jenna.

"That's the thing, it's the Mark of Exzar! My father told me a long time ago that I would one day become the father of the Chosen One, the one who will stop God-Emperor Nousaurong when Armageddon comes!", said John.

"What does that have to do with the boy's birthmark?", said Jenna.

"It was said in the Prophecy that the descendant of Exzar who carries the Mark of Exzar will become the Chosen One. This boy has that mark, he is the Chosen One!", said John.

"Really?! I thought you told me that other kid you had with Rose was the Chosen One, the one who......died," said Jenna.

"Tell me, what did the doctors say about the boy? Do they know his powers and all that?", said John.

"Come to think about it, I think you're right. The doctors told me that they found something strange about him. They said he possessed some sort of weird elemental power that they've never seen before. It was a power that did not match with any of the Eight Elements. It was something unique to him, and only to him. They also found anomalies within his DNA. Apparently, he has a special gene that neither you nor I have. He inherited it from Exzar and my father," said Jenna.

"So what power do they think he has?", said John.

"If it wasn't one of the Eight Common Elements, then this boy most be an Uncommon Elementor, one who is either light or dark. Since Jackson bears the Mark of Exzar, he must be a Light Elementor," said Jenna.

"Then he's the Chosen One!", said John.

Life really was appearing to give John another chance. After Cain's death, John thought the Chosen One was no more due to his assumptions that Cain was the a Chosen One. However, that was no longer the case.

He still had an opportunity to become the father and husband he always wanted to become. The one thing John was looking forward to was watching his newborn son grow up into the person who kills Nousaurong once and for all.

However, John didn't become such because he would have to spend years as a prisoner of war.......where he would be a subject of torture, humiliation, and abuse at the hands of Nousaurong and his Cult.

It was now one day later. John and Jenna received news that King Nebuchadnezzar had survived. Even more frightening, King Nebuchadnezzar was actually God-Emperor Nousaurong the entire time!

Once again, John fell into a state of worry. Nousaurong could appear at any moment.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Someone was knocking on the door.

"NEBUCHADNEZZAR, HE'S BACK!!!!!!! HE SAID HE'S COMING FOR YOU!!!!!!! YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER!!!!!!!!", screamed the person who was knocking the door.

John opened the door. There was a small group of Martian soldiers, about ten of them.

"What is?! Is it Nebuchadnezzar?!", said John.

"Yes! Our superior sent us to deal with him, and there were thousands of us at the time! When we confronted him, Nebuchadnezzar completely incinerated our army like it was nothing! Only the ten of us managed to survive! He's more terrifying than we thought!", said one of the terrified soldiers.

"What's even more frightening is this, King Nebuchadnezzar is really God-Emperor Nousaurong! It's unbelievable, it's indescribable!", said another soldier.

"Where is he?!", said John.

"We don't know where he is specifically, but we definitely know that he's on this planet right now, hunting for you and your family. All over Mars, many people have been slaughtered by his hands, even those who had sided with him during the war. In fact, the factions that served Nousaurong have been decimated by none other than Nousaurong himself! Nearly two thirds of all Martian life has been decimated by Nousaurong, and only Nousaurong!", said one of the soldiers.

"My word! So what you're saying is that Nousaurong eliminated two thirds of this planet's population all by himself?! THAT'S INSANE!!!!!!!", exclaimed John.

"Yeah, I never thought such destruction was possible! John and Jenna, we may not know where he is, but we do know that he wants you both for himself, and your children as well! When we confronted him, the first thing he asked us was, 'Tell me, where is John and his family! I must kill them!'", said one of the soldiers.

John knew that this was it. Nousaurong was gonna come for them. Nousaurong already knew about the Chosen One's birth. He had to do something, anything. He couldn't risk losing his family, not again!

"John, we have to do something!", said Jenna.

"What can we do?! I don't want to lose my son, not again! I can't abandon my own family again! I cannot face him alone!", said John.

"You won't be alone, I will fight besides you!", said Jenna.

"No, you must look after the kids!", said John.

"John, you know that Nousaurong already knows who I am! He knows that I am their mother! Even if you hold him off, he will still come for me! As long as either of us are with the kids, we are putting them in danger!", said Jenna.

"So what, do we just abandon them?! You saw where that got Rose and Cain?!", said John.

"Nousaurong didn't kill them, Rose killed herself and left Cain for dead! This is completely different, because Nousaurong actually WILL kill them! He ain't playing games with us, he's dead serious!", said Jenna.

"So what?!", said John.

"We have to give the kids to someone that Nousaurong doesn't know about. That person will have to be their guardian in our stead. While Nousaurong is preoccupied with us, that person will take our children to safety," said Jenna.

"What then?! If Nousaurong gets us, he'll interrogate us and pressure us to give up their location!", said John.

"No he won't, I will erase our own memories of where we left them! We won't even know where they are!", said Jenna.

"Who's gonna look after them?", said John.

"Perhaps Diego will, he is starting an orphanage back on Earth! Since there will be other kids at his orphanage, Nousaurong will have a hard time telling our kids apart from the other orphans!", said Jenna.

"But what if someone adopts them! What if Nousaurong disguises himself as a normal person and ends up adopting the kids, only to kill them?!", said John.

"Diego will be their guardian in secret. I will tell Diego to not let anybody adopt them, and basically come up with all sorts of methods to make anyone who wants to adopt them look unqualified!", said Jenna.

"Guardian in secret? What do you mean?", said John.

"As in nobody will know that Diego is their guardian, not even the kids will know that he is their guardian. That way, the kids will not stand out from anyone else at the orphanage. Nousaurong will not have an easy time telling who is who. Since we will erase our own memories of where we left them, he won't be able rely on what we say to find them," said Jenna.

"Nousaurong has his methods, and so do the Cult. They probably know how to restore one's memories!", said John.

"But even so, it would take them years to undo it! By the time Nousaurong and the Cult recover our memories, the kids will probably be teenagers at least! At least we can delay the enemy for a while!", said Jenna.

"Sounds like a plan. I'm in," said John.

"Where is Diego?", said Jenna.

"He's probably getting ready to return to Earth. He does have to report to that NASA Agency of his and return to his orphanage. After all, the only reason he came to Mars was because of the secret mission NASA had assigned him. Apparently where he's from, it's hard to go to another planet. It doesn't know much about other worlds, it's isolated," said John.

"Sounds perfect. If Earth doesn't know much about other planets, then other planets don't know about Earth," said Jenna.

"I'll go get Diego," said John.

Diego was a brilliant astronaut, astronomer, engineer, and physicist. Shortly prior to the end of the Cold War, Diego was given a mission by NASA to become the first human to set foot on Martian soil. However, it was kept secret (and would remain secret) because NASA didn't want the Soviet Union to do the same mission, otherwise that would trigger another Space Race. The reason Diego was enthusiastic about the mission was because if he completed it, he would be paid lots of money. Diego needed this money because the orphanage he was running was in a financial crisis, which would have been detrimental for the kids living there. Diego also figured that by achieving lots of money from NASA, he could even improve the quality of life for the orphanage, since he could buy more things to make the children very happy. When Diego landed on Mars, his ship was immediately shot down by a Martian faction. He would've died there and then if it wasn't for Jenna Zar, who repaired his spacesuit, making it possible to breathe. Diego decided to stay on Mars to fight alongside John and Jenna and end the Martian War, due to his fears that the war would eventually spread to Earth.

John found Diego right outside of Jenna's house. Diego was busy getting the last parts of his ship repaired.

"Buenos dias, Señor Diego!", said John.

"¡Hola! ¿Comó están los niños, John?", said Diego.

"They're good, but soon they'll be in grave danger!", said John.

"What?!", said Diego.

"Listen, there's this really evil God out and about right now! This guy wants to kill them, but I cannot let that happen! Remember Nebuchadnezzar, the guy we just stopped? He's still alive, and it turns out that he is actually a guy named Nousaurong! Nousaurong is an evil God who wishes to see nothing more than our total annihilation! My son, Jackson Zar, will one day become the Chosen One, the only one who can stop him!", said John.

"What do you need me to do?", said Diego.

"I need you to keep them safe, take them to your orphanage. You will be their guardian in secret. You will treat them like any other orphan, but you will not let anybody adopt them. No one will adopt them, not even if that person looks like Jenna or myself! The reason why I don't want anybody to adopt them is because Nousaurong will have a harder time sorting out orphans from our kids! He will probably overlook the issue, and leave the kids alone! Please, guard them with your life! I'm entrusting them to you!", said John.

"But what about you?", said Diego.

"I'm afraid neither Jenna nor I will come back after this fight! Jenna and I will hold him back while you take the kids to safety! There's no chance of us winning this fight because Nousaurong is too powerful for any of us to handle! Not even a whole army can stop him! In fact, he apparently already killed off two thirds of Mars' population! It's possible Jenna and I will end up being captured or killed after this fight!", said John.

"I understand. I swear that I'll keep them safe. I'll make sure they get the best comforts. They will live a cherish able life at my orphanage. So this is adios, then?", said Diego.

"I'm afraid so. I wish you the best of luck. Thank you for all that you've done. You have my blessings," said John.

John and Diego shook hands.

"And you have mine, amigo! Buena suerte, hermano!", said Diego.

"Buena suerte!", said John.

John handed all of his kids over to Diego. Diego's ship was just about complete. The thrusters began roaring from the ship, and Diego was gone with John's children.

Jenna approached John.

"Is the deed done?", said Jenna.

"Yes, this was the only way. No matter what happens, don't let Nousaurong scare you. I must warn you that as someone who's had previous encounters with Nousaurong, I must say that he is the most intimidating being I have laid my eyes upon. This is it, no turning back now," said John.

"I have the machine ready. Let's go inside and forget about what just happened," said Jenna.

"One last goodbye, my kids. I may forget where you are, but I will never forget you nor will I forget your names," said John.

"Well come on in," said Jenna.

John and Jenna stepped foot inside a memory capsule, a machine that was used by the Martians to hide sensitive information by erasing the memories of the one who discovered that information.

They stood in there for a few hours, allowing the machine to do its job without accidentally erasing too much memories.

The only thing that John and Jenna remembered for that day was that they erased their own memories of where their children were and their overall plan.

The next day, he arrived.

The surviving third of the Martian population gathered up at the Zars' house, forming an army to combat Nousaurong's wrath.

The wind blew quietly and coldly.

Suddenly, the sky started thundering. Martian dust was being blown all over the place.

"He's coming! GET READY!", yelled John.

The Martian Army stood aimed their weapons right in front of them.

Nousaurong had arrived.

The God-Emperor stood there, in his black and menacing armor.

"John Zar, we meet again. I see you have brought your new wife with you this time, as well as the Martians who survived my wrath. This planet shall soon become a lonely planet, and the Martian people will soon succumb to me. Yet, these people don't seem to fear me. None of them seem hesitant on fleeing for their lives. You all are brave or fool enough to face the God-Emperor! Tell me, John and Jenna, how do you think you children are doing!", said Nousaurong.

"Better than Cain, since they'll be save and sound from a monster like you!", said John.

"That reminds me of something, of the reason why I am here. Tell me, where are those lovely children of yours? Did you abandon them to die, just like you abandoned CAIN?! YOU CANNOT SAVE THEM, THEY WILL SOON BE MINE AND MINE ALONE!!!!!!!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!", laughed Nousaurong.

"I don't even know where they are, I forgot!", said John.

"I see what you did, fool! You erased your own memory of where the are, didn't you?! What you did was smart and clever on your part, but no one outruns the God-Emperor! I do have to say that what you did was bold, toying with your own mind! You didn't even hesitate! You didn't even stop to consider the possibility of forgetting to read, talk, walk, take a crap in the toilet, or even breathe! You two really are tough and bold parents!", said Nousaurong.

"We'll do anything to make sure our children never end up in your hands! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUR CHILDREN, YOU'LL HAVE TO KILL US FIRST!!!!!!!!!", said John.

"Kill you, you say? I'm almost tempted to do it, you know. I really am, but why bother doing that when I could have much more fun torturing you for as long as you live?! After today, you will become my prisoners! After today, I will rule over you in fear for the rest of your miserable lives! Day in and day out, you will suffer so much that you will actually start begging me to kill you! The only thing worse than an instant death is a slow one, a painful one! That is the fate that awaits you, Jonn and Jenna Zar!", said Nousaurong.

"I'm not scared of you, Nousaurong! YOU HEAR ME, I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU!!!!!!!!! IF SUFFERING FROM YOU HAND MEANS MY CHILDREN CAN LIVE WITHOUT BEING FOLLOWED BY YOU, THEN SO BE IT!!!!!!!!", said John.

"But you will suffer, John!", said Nousaurong.

"Pain is an old friend of mine. I've already suffered far worse by your hand already, this is nothing but a step below that," said John.

"So be it then..............," said Nousaurong.

The wind roared and the ground shook incredibly violently for a few seconds. Then it stopped.

"Suffer!", said Nousaurong.

Nousaurong charged up his mace with dark energy.

"GET READY!!!!!! HE'S GONNA MAKE A MOVE!!!!!!!!!!", yelled John.

"COVER YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!", yelled Jenna.

The Martian army created force-fields around themselves.

"NOW DIE!!!!!!", said Nousaurong.

Nousaurong released all of the dark energy building up in his mace. He fired a beam of darkness right at the Martian lines.

KABOOM!!!!!!!!

There was an explosion. Thousands of Martian soldiers were killed in that one blast.

The beam moved around the lines of Martian soldiers, killing them off where it went.

"NOW!!!!!!!! FIRE UPON HIM!!!!!!!!!", yelled Jenna.

Now it was their turn.

The Martians artillery units began firing huge blasts away at Nousaurong.

KABOOM!

John could see tons of a flashing lights in in the air. The Martian artillery units were giving Nousaurong everything they got.

Nousaurong was unaffected by all of their efforts.

"Impressive! I see that a few thousand years of constant civil war has done you good in terms of developing weapons and skills for those weapons! However, none of your puny turrets can stop me! DARK PILLAR: NËKØNVÄR!!!!!!!!!", said Nousaurong.

The Martian clouds began swirling above their heads. Tons of flashing lights where flashing from the ominous clouds.

A giant beam of darkness rained down upon the Martian Army.

KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!

Nearly three quarters of the Martian army was killed off from that one blast. Tons of dust was flying in the air.

Rocks and debris were flying everywhere.

As soon as the dust settled, all that was there were the Martians that survived and a massive crater made from the blast. This crater was just as big as a canyon.

"Well would you look at that?! Three quarters of the surviving one-third that survived my wrath earlier are now dead! Just like that, dead! I told you back at the bazaar, Dekoria and Jokuhilia were just the beginning! Now Mars shall be next! It's such a shame, really! Good Martian men dying for absolutely nothing!", taunted Nousaurong.

"YOU'RE GONNA REGRET THAT!!!!!!!!", yelled Jenna.

"Does it pain you, Jenna?! Does it pain you to watch as I slaughter your entire race?!", said Nousaurong.

"It does, and that's why you're gonna pay!", said Jenna.

"On the contrary, YOU are gonna do the paying! You are gonna pay me with even more blood!", said Nousaurong.

Nousaurong raised his hands in the air. The ground started to shake incredibly violently.

In the distance there was a giant mountain. The mountain started to hover in the air. Nousaurong was moving it with his mind!

"He's gonna do something big! EVERYBODY, FIND COVER!!!!!!!! THE GOD-EMPEROR IS GONNA CRUSH US WITH THAT MOUNTAIN OVER THERE!!!!!!!!!", yelled John.

"TAKE COVER!!!!!!!!!", yelled Jenna.

The floating mountain was moving towards where the Martians were. The Martians ran in terror, hoping to find whatever cover they could.

"You're in an open field! There's no escaping me! THERE IS ONLY DEATH!!!!!!!!!", said Nousaurong.

Nousaurong swung his hand as though he were throwing a ball. As he swung his hand, the mountain followed it as if it were being held by it. The mountain started to descend upon the Martians and accelerated as it descended.

CRASH!!!!!!!!!! BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

The mountain crashed down on the Martian Army and John and Jenna. Tons of rocks were raining down all over the place, crushing all in sight. Clouds of dust were being blown all over.

No one survived that fateful attack. The only survivors were John and Jenna Zar.

"Don't fall to pieces so quickly, John and Jenna Zar! I still need you to find those missing children!", said Nousaurong.

John and Jenna emerged from the rubble. They were coughing up blood and dust. They were struggling to catch a breath of fresh air, since the battlefield was full of dust.

They limped a little as they approached Nousaurong.

"Don't worry! ACHOO!!! We.............are............not................going...........anywhere!", said John.

"The entire Martian race is now dead, you have no army to back you up now! You mere mortals stand no chance at all against me! ALL LIFE SUCCUMBS TO ME!!!!!", laughed Nousaurong.

Nousaurong flicked his fingers at John. A strong force knocked him back into the air. John fell flat to the floor.

"Where is the Chosen One?", said Nousaurong.

"I already told you, we don't remember! We erased our memories of their location, you'll never find them! Even if we did remember, we still would never tell you! I'LL NEVER LET YOU HAVE OUR CHILDREN, YOU'LL HAVE TO KILL ME FIRST!!!!!!!!!", yelled John.

"I suppose you're right. Asking you questions like these are completely meaningless if the person you're interrogating does not even know the answer. That being said........you interfered with my plans............you meddled with things that are not to be meddled with...........you meddled with me.........with God......," said Nousaurong.

Nousaurong tightened his grip on John's neck, so much so that he was choking the man.

"Anybody who meddled with God must suffer his wrath! YOU HAVE EVOKED MY FURY, NOW YOU SHALL SUFFER FOR AS LONG AS YOU LIVE!!!!!! Whether or not you have information on the Chosen One is not important, there are always remnants of missing memories deep within someone's mind! It's all a matter of time! Time is on my side! What DOES matter is the fact that you stood in my way! By that end, you shall be punished in the cruelest way possible!", said Nousaurong.

"Then do it, punish me! GO ON AND KILL ME, NOUSAURONG!!!!!!!!", yelled John.

"Kill you, you say? No, that's not your punishment! I'm gonna punish you so much that you're gonna start begging me to take your life! What I'm gonna do to you is far worse than an instant death, I already do that on a regular basis! You will not die today, you will become a prisoner and experience pain beyond that you can ever imagine! I will torture you, starve you, break you, make you suffer in pain, and drive you mad! You will endure years of unbearable pain, pain you thought was not possible! By the time I'm done with you, you will not be the same person you are now! No, you will be driven to the brink of insanity, to the brink of madness! I will break you apart, physically and mentally! No one will recognize you when I'm done with you! You'll lose your mind, you'll be mentally ill just like your sweet old Rose was, and you'll take your own life! JUST WATCH ME, WATCH ME AS I MAKE YOU SUFFER A FATE FAR WORSE THAN DEATH!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL BE NOTHING MORE THAN A MERE SHELL OF THE MAN WHO WAS ONCE YOU!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS YOUR PUNISHMENT, JOHN ZAR AND JENNA ZAR!!!!!!!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!", laughed Nousaurong.

Despite being able to barely stand, John almost forgot about the pain he felt that day. He ran towards Nousaurong in anger and rage.

"YYYYYOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WON'T LET YOU USE US FOR YOUR HEINOUS PURPOSES, NOUSAURONG!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE DEAD!!!!!!!!!! DIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!", yelled John.

"Oh, still have some fight left in you? Let's put that fire in you out, shall we?!", said Nousaurong.

Nousaurong grabbed John the neck with one hand. With his other hand, Nousaurong placed two of his fingers on the upper and lower eyelids of John's right eye and began pushing the eyelids back. Nousaurong forcefully opened his eye wide.

"LET ME GO, YOU FIEND!!!!!!!!! MARK MY WORDS, MY SON IS GONNA STOP ONE DAY, JUST YOU WAIT, NOUSAURONG!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DON'T SCARE ME, NOT AFTER WHAT YOU DID AS CONSEQUENCES OF MY FEARS!!!!!!!", yelled John.

"You are a fool to take me on like this! You are blind, John! Even with two eyes, you couldn't see the big picture............taking me on is impossible because I am impossibility! Open your eyes, or you might as well be better off without such! If you aren't gonna see things through, then you don't need these eyes of yours!", said Nousaurong.

Nousaurong forcefully opened John's right eye so much that his eyeball started to surface from his face. His pointed figure started to dig through his eye sockets, pushing his eye out from his face.

"STOP IT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!!!!!!!!", yelled Jenna.

"MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What does it look like I'm doing?! I'm taking his eye out! Consider this revenge for foiling my plans to attain the Chosen One! Eye for an eye!", laughed Nousaurong.

Nousaurong grabbed his right eye with his fingers and tore it right out from his face. John was screaming in pain.

"AAAAARRRRRRAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", screamed John

Jenna was horrified and disturbed at what Nousaurong just did.

Nousaurong held John's eyeball in his hand. It was covered in blood. Nousaurong laughed like a maniac.

John's face was covered in blood, especially at the area where his right eye had once been. Blood was oozing from his eye socket.

John writhed in pain and placed his hand against his gouged out eye socket, trying to stop the bleeding.

Even with his hand against his face, blood was still leaking through his hand and dripped on the floor.

He was a bloody mess.

The sky thundered throughout as Nousaurong laughed maniacally.

"MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! YES, YES!!!!!!!!! WRITHE IN PAIN, ROT IN DESPAIR!!!!!!!! SUFFER, SUFFER, SUFFER!!!!!!!! YOU ARE MY NEW FAVORITE TOYS, THINGS TO BE PUSHED AROUND AND BROKEN APART AND PUT TOGETHER OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS ONLY THE BEGINNING, THERE'S STILL MORE PAIN TO COME FROM HERE ON OUT!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS WHAT THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE, PAIN IS YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!! YOU TWO ARE EACH OTHER'S SPARES!!!!!! THAT WAY, IF ONE OF YOU HAS ENOUGH, THEN THE OTHER CAN TAKE SOME OF THE PAIN TOO!!!!!!!!!!!", laughed Nousaurong.

"You took his eye out?! YOU WENT TOO FAR!!!!!! WHAT DID HE DO TO DESERVE THIS, WHAT DID ANYBODY DO TO DESERVE THIS!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!", yelled Jenna.

"It's not my fault you're in this mess, girl! You and your husband were the fools who gave yourselves up to me to protect your precious children, not me! I hope you were anticipating this, this is your life from now on! Pain is your life from now on! Tell me, are you ready for the pain? Mwhahahaha!", said Nousaurong.

The thundering got even more intense.

"ARE YOU READY FOR THE PAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN?!!!!!!!!", laughed Nousaurong.

John and Jenna were knocked unconscious and placed on a ship.

The moment they woke up, they realized that there life would never be the same.

It was at that moment when pain had become their lives.

John was back in a bottomless pit, screaming in misery after seeing that painful memory.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! STOP IT!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE, NO MORE!!!!!!!!!! MOLOCH, WHEN I GET OUT OF HERE, I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!! YOU COWARD, IF YOU WANNA KILL ME, KILL ME YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!", yelled John.

"No, you are not worth killing! I'd rather watch you suffer! Nousaurong had twelve happy years watching you suffer while the rest of us didn't get to have our share in the fun! I want to have some fun of my own with you, John! Besides, I am quite curious to know what God-Emperor Nousaurong meant when he said that pain was gonna be your life from now on!", said Moloch.

It was now a few years after that fateful night. John was dangling slightly above the floor, the tips of his toes were dragging across the floor.

He was in a cold, dark prison cell.

His arms were chained to the ceiling, hanging over his head.

John was battered up and scarred. He was bloodied all over. He was completely shirtless.

All over his body, there were deep scars and deep cuts from being whipped on a daily basis.

At this point, John was given an eyepatch after experiencing five years of infection in his right eye socket.

However, that was the only form of medical care that the merciless cultists provided him.

John was barely fed, and when he was fed, all he was given was a small glass of water and a tiny piece of bread every week!

Nousaurong was the primary source of pain for John, but he wasn't the only one who gave him a hard time. All of the Cult's underlings also tortured John.

A group of Drow soldiers were patrolling the prison John was in.

John quivered and shook as he took a deep breath.

"Hey look, it's him! Check it out!", said one of the Drow.

"Well well, look at this! It's John Zar, that man that those Grimoires love to torture all the time! They sure must've given him a hard time!", said another soldier.

One of the Drow soldiers put his face right up to John's face. John felt incredibly uncomfortable.

"Hey, are you okay, buddy? Is it uncomfortable when put my face up this close?!", said the soldier.

"P.........please.............food...........water...........I........need........food.........and water.............," muttered John, who struggled to even speak.

"Hey, stop being mean to the poor guy. I think this guy needs some food and water. AWWWWWW, DID THOSE HIGHER UPS GIVE YOU A GOOD TIME?!!!!!!!!!", said another soldier.

"Food.......water.....," muttered John.

The one soldier pushed the other Drow that was encroaching John's personal space out of the way.

"Is that guy being mean, do you want something good? Guess what I got," said the soldier.

He pulled something out of his pocket. It was a loaf of bread and a glass bottle of water.

"Please.......give them!", begged John.

The soldier with the food and water in his hand looked at his buddies and then at John. The others started laughing their heads off.

"Hey, you want some?!", teased the soldier with bread and water.

"Please..............," said John.

"Sure, but I'm gonna take a little bit out first!", teased the soldier.

He immediately took a giant bite in the bread, while laughing at the same time. Half of that loaf of bread was gone in one bite.

John's stomach was growling hard. He shook the chains that kept him in bondage.

"You know, I just can't stop myself! Don't worry, I got another one!", teased the soldier.

Then that soldier ate the second half of the loaf of bread. He slowly chewed the bread with his mouth open. Then he got right up to John's face as he was chewed with his mouth open, showing all of the slushy bits of bread in his mouth.

"Mmmmmmmmmmmm. This is so good. Do you want some?" , taunted the soldier, as he chewed with his mouth open.

The soldier was chewing his bread so hard that a few sticky crumbs of bread splattered over John's face.

Then the soldier swallowed the food in his mouth.

"Here, I got more for you," taunted the soldier.

The solder dug his hands through his pockets. Then he acted as though he were panicking, but he was laughing at the same time.

"Oh! OH NO!!!!!!! I SWEAR I HAD SOME!!!!!!!! OOPS, I GUESS I DON'T!!!!!!!!! SORRY, THAT'S THE LAST OF IT!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! OH, BUT AT LEAST I HAVE THIS BOTTLE OF WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!", laughed the soldier.

The soldier uncapped his glass water bottle took a giant sip. Half of the water was already gone.

"Man, that is good!", laughed the soldier.

Then he took another big sip, and at this point, all of the water was gone.

Immediately after that, he spat out all of the water in his mouth on John's face.

"OOPS, I DRANK IT ALL, AND THAT'S ALL I GOT!!!!!! SORRY MAN!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GUESS ALL YOU'RE GONNA EAT IS A BUNCH OF GLASS!!!!!!!!!!!", laughed the soldier.

Then he violently threw the glass bottle at ceiling, right above John's head.

CRACK!

The glass shattered against the ceiling and immediately after that, tons of glass shards began raining down to the ground. Most of the shards rained down upon John, piercing him right in the back.

As a result, John's already bloodied up body became even more bloodied up.

"OH, THAT HAS TO HURT!!!!!!!!! KNOW YOUR PLACE HERE, ORIDIAN!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE A WEAKLING FIGHTING FOR A LOST CAUSE!!!!!!!!! THEY SAY YOU'RE A SON OF EXZAR, WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! YOU AIN'T A SON OF EXZAR HERE, BUDDY!!!!!!!!! HERE, YOU NOTHING BUT A SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!! JOHN, SON OF A BITCH, GOD OF BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!", laughed the soldier.

Then he pulled out a blade-like whip with a very small and sharp tip at the that was as sharp as a knife.

"YOU MAY HABE LIVED LIKE A LEGEND IN ORIDIA AND MOST OF THE MULTIVERSE, BJT HERE YOU ARE NOTHING BUT LIVESTOCK!!!!!!!!!!", laughed the soldier.

"Come on, I think we've had our fun! Our superiors are probably waiting for us to report to duty! We should go now, otherwise they'll get pissed!", said another soldier.

"What?! Oh come on, don't get me started with that crap! I don't give a care what those losers say, they didn't give a care about promoting me to a commanding rank! I've done my service, I've fought for the God-Emperor's name and glory, and this is the thanks I get! I'm pissed! So why don't I let out some steam?! After all, this guy is a good stress reliever! AM I RIGHT, JOHN THE SON OF A BITCH?!!!!!!!!", said the first soldier.

"Seriously, you might kill him! Our superiors' have strict orders regarding our treatment of John! If we leave him for dead, then our superiors will leave us for dead! We've got orders, we should follow them!", said the second soldier.

"Blah blah blah! Orders this, orders that! I DON'T GIVE A CARE WHAT THOSE BOSSY BOILERS SAY, NOT UNTIL THEY MAKE ME ONE OF THOSE BOSSY BOILERS!!!!!! Besides, we all know that the only reason these guys what him alive is so that they can have all the fun they want with him, while the rest of us are being left out! So why don't we have our own fun while we have the time, we may not get to have this much fun torturing a prisoner! This guy is famed as a legend by both our enemies and allies alike, so it's an honor to torture someone that famous! I think this guy has had a rough time! THE PRISONERS THAT GO THROUGH PRISON LIFE THE HARDEST ARE ALWAYS THE ONES THAT ARE THE MOST FUN TO TORTURE AND PLAY AROUND WITH!!!!!!!!", laughed the soldier.

He began whipping John for what felt like an endless amount of time. The Drow soldiers soon forgot the duties as soldiers and passed the time away by laughing at John suffer from his misery.

The only reason they were put to a stop was because Nousaurong came and brutally killed all of them, only for Nousaurong himself to torture John.

"NO, NO MORE!!!!!!!! MOLOCH, MARK MY WORDS, I WILL BREAK OUT OF THIS ILLUSION!!!!!!!! YOU CANNOT KEEP ME STUCK HERE FOREVER!!!!!!!", said John.

"I can and I will! Just kill yourself and the pain will cease!", said Moloch.

"NEVER!!!!!!", yelled John.

"Then suffer! No one has ever broken this spell before, even those whose wills far exceeded that of yours! Even those whose lives have been filled with happiness ended up killing themselves to escape! THIS IS TOO MUCH FUN!!!!!", said Moloch.

The scene changed again.

It was now 7 years since John was captured by Nousaurong. There were rumors going about from prison to prison that Jenna Zar and Jane Zar had escaped prison during a prison riot. Rumor had it that Jane Zar had recently formed a new resistance group within the Dark Abyss, called the Blades of Freedom, a group dedicated to ending the oppressive rule of the Dark Abyss regime.

Although John felt a great sense of joy like never before, knowing that his wife and sister were free, that joy only lasted for a short moment. John was still a prisoner himself, and he would have to wait for four more years until he could be freed by his son, Jackson Zar.

"Tell me, are your memories coming back yet?! Do you now recall where the Chosen One is?!", said Nousaurong.

"Ha! Like I'd ever tell you, you scum! It's too late, it's already been so long since these endeavors began! I think at this point, my kids must be eight to ten years old! I probably won't be of much use to you considering how much time has passed! I probably don't know what they look like, I probably don't even know if they're at the same location that I left them! Besides, my memories are still as blank as ever! If anything, being in these miserable conditions has only made me forget more memories of what my life was! You failed, Nousaurong! YOU HEAR ME, YOU FAILED!!!!!!!! YOU MAY HAVE WON THE BATTLE, BUT YOU ARE GONNA LOSE THE WAR!!!!", said John.

"No. You are going to lose your sanity!", said Nousaurong.

Nousaurong began electrocuting John with black lightning. John screamed in pain and terror as he was being tortured. At this point, being killed by Nousaurong seemed like a blessing to John. However, John knew that would never happen, because Nousaurong only wanted to torture him and watch him suffer in pain.

"ARRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE, NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!!!!!!!!!!!", yelled John.

"Why? To me, you are a toy that is fun to play with! You should've given up the Chosen One that night, otherwise I would've let you go! Just tell me where he is, and the pain will cease!", said Nousaurong.

"Never! You'll have to kill me first! As painful as this is, it'd be nowhere near as painful as watching you kill my children and everyone else!", said John.

"THEN SUFFER MORE!!!!!!!!!", said Nousaurong.

The dark energy electrocuting John became even more intense. John was screaming and kicking against the chains holding him down in bondage.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! STOP IT, STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!", screamed John.

"Even after all of these years of agony, you still have the bravery to say no to me?! Congratulations, you have earned my respect! When I have more respect for someone, I have more reason to prolong his death and make him suffer! You cannot do this forever, you will break down one way or another! You will succumb to me! Surrender, John! SURRENDER TO YOUR GOD!!!!!!!!!!", said Nousaurong.

The energy became even more intense. John felt so much pain from the inside out and outside in that it felt as though he was being sliced by a thousand swords and blades while at the same time getting his innards blown out by a cannonball.

Red saliva was dripping from John's mouth.

"NO, I WON'T LET YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE DAY, NOUSAURONG!!!!!!!!! ONE DAY, SOMEONE IS GONNA STAND UP TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE DAY, SOMEONE IS GONNA SHOW YOU THAT THE MULTIVERSE IS NOT SOMETHINGS TO BE MESSED WITH!!!!!!!!! ONE DAY, SOMEONE IS GONNA BREAK ME OUTTA THIS PLACE AND TEACH YOU NOT TO TREAT LIVING BEINGS LIKE A BUNCH OF TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE DAY, THE CHOSEN ONE WILL GROW UP AND BECOME STRONG ENOUGH TO STOP YOU!!!!!!!!!! ONE DAY, THE CHOSEN ONE WILL FREE ME FROM BONDAGE, AND AFTER ALL OF THESE YEARS, I WILL FINALLY SEE MY SON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!", yelled John.

"Don't worry, you'll see him soon enough..........you'll see him in the afterlife! Spiral pain: Værädör!", said Nousaurong

Even more intense pain shot up through every cell in John's body. He saw horrific visions. He screamed in pain and agony. John was shaking violently against his chains, so much that it was as though he were having a seizure.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!", screamed John.

"Terror: Hæäügüë!", chanted Nousaurong.

John felt an intense fear inside his head. He saw too many visions of his own death, more than he could count. John was extremely cold, and it felt as though he could never be brave.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS, IT'S SO DARK!!!!!!!!!", screamed John.

"Suffering: Ńækúàlær!", chanted Nousaurong.

Then John felt a type of suffering beyond the likes of which were unimaginable. His sense of joy was gone, completely gone. Every bit of joy was replaced by sadness. Every bit of courage was replaced by fear. Every bit of hope was replaced by despair. John felt like he would never be cheerful.

John was feeling intense pain and intense terror. He was trapped in an illusion where the flow of time felt slower. Every second of pain that was experienced felt like a year's worth of pain. He experienced his own death over and over again. Even worse, not only did he experience his own death over and over again, he also felt his own death over and over again. It was pain beyond pain, death beyond death.

"STOP IT!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!! HEEEELLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", screamed John.

After what felt like a century's worth of endless pain (although in actuality it was only a second's worth of pain), Nousaurong dispelled the terrifying curse he placed on John.

John was sweating and bleeding all over.

"Fear is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Now do you fear me? Is it coming back?! IS IT COMING BACK, THE HORROR AND TERROR THAT I, GOD-EMPEROR NOUSAURONG, EMBODY?!!!!!", said Nousaurong.

"You know you can't get an answer outta me!", said John.

"No, I cannot. Even so, I can always get a good scream outta you. Fear is a wonderful thing, isn't it?" said Nousaurong.

"That night when this started, I told you somethings. Remember, pain is an old friend!", said John.

"I think you're right! PAIN IS THE ONLY FRIEND HOU GOT NOW, SO LET HIM IN TO COMFORT THIS LONELINESS!!!!!!!!!!!! SUFFER, JOHN!!!!!!!! SUFFER!!!!!!!!!", laughed Nousaurong.

John continued experiencing the same pain over and over again for many more years to come.

Two more years after that moment, Nousaurong realized that the information John had on Jack had been irrelevant. Nousaurong realized that John would never give in, and at this point, Jack had already grown up into a ten or eleven year old.

"Do you now remember where Jack is?!", said Nousaurong.

"Sorta, he's in the Milky Way Galaxy! That is all I am gonna tell you!", said John.

"Any specifics?", said Nousaurong.

"No, I don't remember and I don't wanna tell you! You said where is the Chosen One, and I answered your question! He is in the Milky Way Galaxy!", said John.

"So he's still in the Milky Way, is he?! No matter! I guess I shall pardon you now!", said Nousaurong.

"I thought you said I'd never leave!", said John.

"You won't leave, not alive! You shall die a slow and painful death! DEVILS SCAR!!!!!!!", chanted Nousaurong.

Nousaurong placed his hand against John's chest. A malefic glow emanated from his hand. John was bobbing up and down.

Tons of black scratch-like marks began forming across John's body.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!", screamed John.

"Consider that your punishment for concealing the Chosen One from me. You have been infected with Devils Scar, a deadly disease that will spread across yOur body and eventually will kill you. If it's left untreated for more than a few months, you will die. Knowing you, I think you can endure this for a few years at best. Although it is treatable, if it's left untreated, it will kill you in the most painful way possible. After every second that passes, it will grow stronger and stronger, it will become more and more painful. Have fun dying a slow and painful death! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!", laughed Nousaurong.

"You think a deadly disease is gonna kill me?! If that were so, I would've been dead the moment you made me prisoner!", said John.

"I am well aware of that, John. That is why I am gonna send you to live out the rest of your miserable life at Muspelheim, under the mercy of Surtr. There you will wait out the rest of your days, locked up in a cage while fighting a deadly and painful illness. Here's the fun question: How will you die? Even I don't know the answer, although I still know three possibilities. The first possibility is that you succumb to your illness. The second is you are eaten alive by Surtr. The third is that you will succumb to your illness while being eaten by Surtr at the same time! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!", laughed Nousaurong.

"Whatever, I'd take that over this anytime!", said John.

"Be careful what you wish for, it may come true!", said Nousaurong.

A group of Drow soldiers un-cuffed John from his chains. They carried him out of his cell and placed him on a ship. It was then that John was transferred from the Cult's prison to Surtr's lair in Muspelheim.

"John.............John............," said a calm and familiar voice.

John was in a calm white void. Standing right in from of him was an old man, a being of pure light. John felt a very warm presence when he was near this man, a very calming presence.

It was the complete opposite of the presence Nousaurong gave when he stood in front of John.

"Who are you?! WHAT IS THIS?!!!!", said John.

"My son, it's me, Exzar, your father!", said Exzar.

"I don't remember this in my life before! Is this Moloch's doing?! YOU'RE NOT REAL!!!!!!!!", yelled John.

Exzar walked towards John and hugged him.

"I missed you, my son," said Exzar.

"I refuse! YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER ILLUSION!!!!!!! MOLOCH IS JUST PLAYING WITH MY MIND, YOU AREN'T REAL!!!!!!!!", yelled John.

"Yes, you are inside of an illusion. Moloch is doing everything he can to break you. The place you're in now is your imagination, it is not a place inside your memory, however! The illusion Moloch has placed you under is one that tampers with memories, experiences that have already happened and cannot be undone, in order to make you relive your worst experiences! He is using your memories as a weapon, he is using your mind!", said Exzar.

"So what is this place, then?", said John.

"It's the brightest and most peaceful of places inside your mind, a realm that is far from the darkness," said Exzar.

John was crying.

"Father, where are you right now? Is it true, did you follow on Nousaurong's deal for abandoning me?! DID YOU KNOW WHAT I WENT THROUGH FOR THAT ENTIRE TIME YOU WERE GONE?!!!!!!!", said John.

"I did, and I am terribly sorry. I wanted to come back, but I was scared of confronting you. You must have experienced great hardship at that hands of my brother. But now that I stand before you, I have casted my fears away. I am not afraid of confronting you and confessing my failures. I wish I can see you and my grandchildren, but it seems I cannot," said Exzar.

"Where are you?", said John.

"I am the bordering realm between the living and the dead," said Exzar.

"What are you doing there?", said John.

"I am fighting my brother, God-Emperor Nousaurong. You see, every day and night, he grows stronger and stronger. He is fighting mercilessly to break the seal that keeps him in Asmeth. The moment that seal breaks, Nousaurong will be released from Asmeth. I am doing everything I can to ensure that the seal remains strong, so that way Nousaurong will be kept at bay. The being you're fighting right now is a piece of Nousaurong's soul, a piece that managed to bypass the seal that I am fighting to keep strong. It's not an easy task, and so I cannot let other obligations get in the way, even if it's family obligations. What Nousaurong told you was a small part of the story, but it is not the big picture. I knew that my brother was playing me for a fool, and I knew that you would suffer so much by his hand. The only reason I followed through was because I had no choice, since the seal is growing weaker. So ever since that day I left you, I've been constantly fighting this battle of keeping Nousaurong at bay. Unfortunately, the moment this Cult of his revives him, the seal will instantly be broken. That is why I must ask too much of you. I need you and your men to destroy the Cult, by any means necessary," said Exzar.

"I know what I must do! How am I supposed to break this illusion!", said John.

"It's as I said! Moloch is making you recall your worst experiences in life, he's manipulating you memories! In order to stop this, you just recall all of your best experiences in life! Recall the things that make you proud! Evoke very good memories, very powerful memories! By doing this, you are cancelling out the negative memories that Moloch is throwing your way!", said Exzar.

"How do I do that?!", said John.

"I just go now! Think, use your head and you will win!", said Exzar.

Then Exzar vanished.

John was back in a bottomless pit, falling endlessly. John tried doing what his father had suggested, recalling every good memory of his life.

Suddenly, there was a loud sound of thunder.

"WHAT?!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS?!!!!!!!!!! NO, YOU STOP THAT!!!!!!!!!! I HOLD DOMINION OVER YOU!!!!!!!!!!", yelled Moloch.

"Hah! I figured you out!", said John.

He recalled the moment when Exzar would read him bedtime stories at night. He recalled that moment when he met Sunseth, his childhood friend. He recalled that time when he met Omar.

"NO!!!!!!!! YOU CANNOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!", yelled Moloch.

He recalled that moment when he won the Badge of Honor after the Oridian Civil War of 1984. He recalled how he help Galtraxia end a century's worth of struggle under the oppression of Emperor Deathshadow. He recalled of the day when he married Jenna Zar. He recalled the day when all of his children were born. Then he pictured of how he held baby Jack in his arms for the first time.

He remembered how at his darkest hour in Muspelheim, Jack and his group came to his rescue and freed him. He remembered meeting a Jack for the first time in years. He recalled his fight with Stalin, and being crowned King.

He recalled it all.

"YOU CANNOT STOP ME MOLOCH!!!!!!!!!", yelled John.

Cracks started to form throughout the bottomless pit, as though it were a glass jar that was about to shatter and not a bottomless pit.

Then the reality John was in shattered apart like a mirror. The cracks from the bottomless pit transformed into black shards of glass. The black shards dispersed everywhere, revealing the real world.

Then the shards faded away into nonexistence.

John was back in reality. He broke the illusion.

"IMPOSSIBLE?!!!!! NO ONE HAS EVER BROKEN THAT ILLUSION BEFORE, AT LEAST NOT ALIVE!!!!!!!!!! CURSE YOU, JOHN ZAR!!!!!!!!", yelled Moloch.

"Remember what I told you, the moment I escape that place I would kill you! WELL NOW I'M GONNA KILL YOU, MOLOCH!!!!!!!! SAY YOUR PRAYERS TO NOUSAURONG!!!!!!!!!!", said John.

"WHY YOU?!!!!!!!", yelled Moloch.

Moloch was about to throw a fireball at John, but someone stepped in front of him. The man dispelled the fireball.

"NO!!!!!!!!", yelled Moloch.

"Being a little reckless, are we, Lord Moloch?", said the man.

Moloch was frozen in fear.

John was also frozen in fear.

"Hello John, did you miss me?", said the man.

It was Nousaurong.

"G-G-God-Emperor Nousaurong! What are you doing here?!", said Moloch.

"I'm putting an end to your nonsensical skirmish at Kazukudum!", said Nousaurong.

"Yes! LET'S END HIM TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!", cheered Moloch.

"No! He's not worth killing at the moment!", said Nousaurong.

Nousaurong held his hand out in front of him. Tons of dark energy was surging from his hands. He unfurled it at Moloch.

Moloch screamed in pain and terror. He fell to his knees.

"This fight is over! We shall retreat from Kazukudum immediately!", said Nousaurong.

"You're letting us go?", said John.

Nousaurong turned his head around.

"We're not finished yet!", said Nousaurong.

"Where are you going?!", said John.

"Murguol, and I suggest you go there too. That is where your son is being held captive. In a moment or two, I will make him my sacrifice. Only there will things be settled by our respective factions once and for all!", said Nousaurong.

"My son?!", said John.

"Yes, your son! Soon, Jack will die! He will die, and you shall fail as a father once again! That is inevitable, that is certainty, it is absolute!", said Nousaurong.

"Then I'll go to Murguol myself, and kill you! I haven't forgiven you for what you have done, and I'm done hiding from you and letting you get your way! YOU BETTER BE READY, NOUSAURONG!!!!!!! SOON, YOU AND YOUR CULT WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF ORIDIA!!!!!!!!", said John.

"So be it! If you want your son, come and get him! I must warn you that I will not hesitate to kill either of you! I will not make it easy for you to simply get on Murguol! I warn you that I want you to go there, I am leading you into a trap! So I suggest you turn back now before it's too late!", said Nousaurong.

"NEVER!", yelled John.

"So be it then, die," said Nousaurong.

Nousaurong teleported away to Murguol with Moloch. All of the enemy forces surrounding Kazukudum had retreated.

Immediately after that, there was a loud beep ringing through the the Oppressor.

"INITIATING SELF-DESTRUCTION SEQUENCE IN TEN SECONDS!!!!!!!!"

"Oh crap!", said John.

John ran for his life. He managed to discover the massive hole that the Oridian fleet made.

"SUNSETH!!!!!!!! SUNSETH, ARE YOU THERE?!!!!!!!", yelled John.

The Grandmaster came flying to John's aide, which was being piloted by Sunseth.

"Your Majesty, you're back!", said Sunseth.

"Quick, this ship is gonna self-destruct!", said John.

"Right! Hop on!", said Sumseth.

John jumped on the Grandmaster. Then the Grandmaster and the rest of the Oridian fleet flew away from the Oppressor just in time to watch it explode.

KABOOM!!!!!'

A massive explosion was made in the air. Pieces upon pieces of the Oppressor fell down.

The Oridians surveyed the battlefield of Kazukudum, the enemies were gone.

The Oridians won the Battle of Kazukudum, but now a greater battle loomed ahead............

The Battle of Murguol was about to commence, and it was going to be the costliest out of all of Oridia's battles against the Abyss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 1.2K 51
After the events of Swanston, Killian-Grey struggles to prove himself to the group after being branded as a traitor--especially when competing with h...
669 5 41
Book 1 in a series! Despite what Emrys has been told, her Kingdom Abneer was not the only one to survive, King Reyes is not the only monarch, and mo...
4.9K 170 21
*Completed* Heroes Percy Jackson and John Smith are finally united by one person: Number Two. She may have died years ago, but she's back, and she's...