Princess Thief [✔]

Por xxsoteria

A princess in name, in body, and in blood but when her mask is on, she becomes the thief who's the enemy of a... Más

Writers's Note
Gallery
Prologue
01. At Present Time
02. Magic of Disguise
03. Fedor Manor
04. Little Damsel
05. An Invitation Sent to Ace
06. Willow
07. The Gem and the Stone
08. Twilight Party
09. Reichen
10. The Second Day
11. The Brazen Knight
12. Haunted Past
13. A Visit from Carrion
14. The Royal Family of Ezriel
15. A Price To Pay
16. The Oubliette
17. White Bandits
18. The Encounter at Mt. Grisly
19. Never Ending Confusion
20. The Amica
21. Verdari, The Magic of Barrier
22. The Siblings
23. The Selection
24. Enchantment
25. The Princess and The Knights
26. Welcome to Deliora
27. Reid
28. The King and His Brides
29. Silverious
30. The Crusaders
31. Carline
32. Hypocrisy
33. A Liar
35. Renounce
36. The Goddess, The Fallen God, and The True God
37. Lost Treasures
38. Reichen's Earring
39. His Identity
40. Resonance
41. Sun Month
42. The Goddess Temple
43. Linosas Kingdom of the Far East
44. Arvory Manor
45. Willow's Party
46. A Reaper
47. The Real Monster
48. The Last Treasure
49. Xenon
50. The Magic of Ace
51. The Dead Prince
52. Selfishness
53. Choices
54. The Fallen God's Curse
55. The Goddess' Blessings
Epilogue
Ending Note
Side Story: Cannaria
Side Story: Night
Side Story: Erodessa

34. The Mark of Deliora

562 83 5
Por xxsoteria

Trigger Warning: This chapter may contain scenes including violence, trauma, abuse, or emotional distress. If you are uncomfortable with the following, please skip this chapter.

SKERPLA DAY OF SATURN

The distance between the palace of Ezriel and Deliora took up to five hours by carriage at most but it had been doubled as it was past midnight the last time I checked my pocket watch. It was all due to the few mishaps we ran into.

The carriage made a huge bump as my head was seemingly pounded by countless hammers at the same time. My head hurt as if the king of hell personally hacked me. My body had long lost its strength that I could not even lift myself when I fell from the previous thud.

I lay on the carriage floor feeling nothing but numbness accompanied by a buzzing of unknown noises. My voice would not come out and nobody could help me. The frost touched my skin, slowly enclosing every inch of me with ease but when the freeze had subsequently settled, it was taken over by a burning hot sensation. It became like a cycle, making me lose my mind from the agony.

Damn it. After countless times of feigning illness lest it became the truth. The last time I underwent this crazy headache was also from our visit to Deliora.

That place must be freaking cursed. I thought as fatigue belatedly enveloped me and I welcomed it with open arms.

The pain had waned but it was replaced by tormenting memories. Face after face passed by me. It was a dream. There was no way it was real for I recognized all their faces and they were all dead. All dead because of me.

My breath quickened as I was surrounded and they thrust toward me. Their howls of horror were all I could hear but I could do nothing. The huge bile came coursing in the pits of my stomach and was stuck in my throat as if choking me. 

The endless throes had become a foreboding melody that ignited the darkest emotions within. They cried their grievances and grew more relentless as I was trapped in this vindictive world.

I didn't know how long it went until I was woken by the clamor of the servants. They were panicking but no one dared to approach me. No one, except for that familiar gray irises focused on me.

"Princess."

Xenon came forward and lifted me. I rested my head on the crook of his neck as I collapsed from all the tiredness in his arms. Just like the last time, when I reached Ezriel, all the convulsion had subsided like everything was just an illusion.

***

The sun was high up as I spent my time in leisure but there was an uneasiness crawling in the back of my mind, disturbing the relief that I was able to return and no unfortunate tragedy would happen.

I had fled from Deliora and the bride should already be sorted out. For sure, they would not pick someone who didn't even bother attending the final round. Right?

I was locked in a trance up to the time I was called by Gerard in the Blue Parlor.

I had expected to see my father and siblings inside since it was probably another one of Father's farces now that I had returned but I was wrong.

The Blue Parlor was located near the throne room and served as a place for important guests. I and Willow always stayed here during her visits. I was accustomed to its appearance and yet the porcelains that were carefully displayed before had been shattered with furniture flipped over while the curtains were torn to shreds.

It was a complete debacle but Father was seating on the lone couch with a serene countenance. By all odds, it was unquestionably him who did all this chaos.

"Greetings, Father."

I curtsied then regarded a small nod to Xenon who remained unmoving behind Father.

"You truly went beyond expectations," stated Father in a crisp tone.

His jaw tightened but his expression exuded stillness. It was the calm before the storm for Father was definitely livid. A myriad of thoughts came like a whirlpool inside my mind on whatever the reason was but there was only one that I kept denying since it was close to impossible.

My eyes went back to the tiled floor. The best solution was to be careful of my words and the best way to do it was to shut up.

"You managed to whore yourself to the King of Deliora at such a young age. Just who did you take after? Your mother was never a wench. It must be from your filthy grandparents..."

Every syllable was a hiss coated with venom degrading me. I tried to silence his voice, refusing to succumb to his disparaging opinions.

"...Read it, you monster."

A parchment was thrown to my feet. I already had a hint on what it was but I needed confirmation of my suspicions. I held my breath as I picked it up to see the content. It was beautifully made calligraphy with exquisite strokes on each letter yet its message could cause doom not only to myself but to every innocent people in this palace.

No matter how many times I reread it, the lines of merry congratulations confounded me. Why the hell was I chosen?

"You've grown dauntless in just mere days. I wonder if you had forgotten my words? Has three days from outside made you valorous and loosen your qualms perhaps?"

I glanced up. "F-Father. This doesn't mean anything. I had no idea they will---"

My whole being flinched when a piece of glass came flying toward me. It had an unmatched speed that I could not avoid, proving how skilled a fighter Father was even in his old age.

Warm blood trickled on the side of my neck as I suppressed the fright from his sudden attack.

"Three days not under my guard and you had no idea you were chosen, hm? You talk as if I had no eyes and ears with you. The servants had already informed you how smitten that good-for-nothing king was to you. I do commend how fast you move. I thought I had warned you about the repercussions but you seem to ignore it."

All of a sudden, Father bent down and it was at that point I spotted the long piece of metal lying near him.

I was so drawn to the sword and my eyes followed its movement. A loud gasp escaped my lips as the sword slashed at Xenon's chest. The unexpected blow made him crouch and I did not even have time to recover when another slit made its way on his back.

"As it may be, there is no better method to rekindle your memories than this, isn't it?"

All my energy deflated, witnessing the whole scenario. My emotions were waging in war as I clenched my hands to stop the shaking. I could not conceal the agitation and misery breaking free.

"F-f-father. Please stop."

I forced myself but my legs were too weak and almost wobbled as I reached them.

As usual, my begging never worked on him but only incited his cruelty. Another hit and I surrendered on my knees. I already owed Xenon multiple favors and I did not want him to suffer more because of me. The first time he did he almost lost his life.

"Father, I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I will quickly send my refusal. Just... just please stop hurting him."

"That goes without saying." He eventually dropped the sword and metal clinked, echoing in the room. "You will be sent to Deliora first thing in the morning. I presume good news when you return."

I nodded mindlessly but his next words crushed all the hope within me.

"This is just a reminder. If you failed one more time... it is your siblings that will bear the consequence."

I sunk into a turbulent rage that could never be let out. Only the oppression could be exposed from his wretched ultimatum. I always dreamt of a happy family back when I was younger. Unlike Father, my siblings were better than him. I did not want them to suffer the same as I. Essentially now that I had learned the truth.

It was only when I saw Gerald coming inside in my peripheral that I remembered Xenon was heavily beaten.

"Gerald, get the doctor. Now!" I ordered.

Panic roused within me as I could only stare at his lying body soaked with blood. He was bleeding nonstop. I hurried to his side, helplessly pressing my hands on his wounds attempting to stop the flowing blood.

I tore the hem of my dress and planned to take off his shirt but he quickly caught my hand.

"Let me," I mumbled.

He shook his head but his eyes drooped from the excessive blood loss. His face was white as a sheet but he was still conscious.

"We need to stop the bleeding, Xenon."

"Wait... D-doctor..."

"If you are worried about your secret, I already know, Xenon," I confessed.

With that, our gazes met. His hands slowly loosened up and I ripped his damaged shirt.

I wiped off the blood and on the bottom of his right chest, not too far away from his gash was another scar that slashed through a white hollowed column birthmark that seemed like it was intricately tattooed on the body. A snowflake that was a mark of his birthright.

It was when that dreadful night had happened that I first had a glimpse but it was later that I knew what it meant.

There were only two things that I had ever hid from Xenon. The identity of Ace and that I knew he was someone that should be long dead from the infamous purge of the Queen of Deliora. For the true royals of Deliora were known for their snowflake birthmark.

I bandaged his wound with the little medical knowledge I had. The time seemed so slow as the doctors had not yet arrived. The fear loomed over me thinking the worst.

He was the family I had when everyone had started treating me shit. Just like me, his family had abandoned him. His father let him be killed but he had survived although his life was not something to be proud of. Illegitimate child or not, he should be far greater than this. 

He may be the Captain of Ezriel Knight's Circle but he was in fact Father's slave comparable to me, minus the disgust that Father had with me.

I anticipated the day that we were able to be untangled from these lies and deceptions. I only wished it would come soon before everything was too late.

***

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

468 104 36
When young Iris came Home after work,she thought about dinner with her grandparents and not magical encounters. In one day her whole life changed and...
416K 25.9K 42
Nadine is an 18-year-old thief living in a nation of darkness. The people of Ravenna never come out during the day - not unless they want to be kille...
3.9K 1K 49
She is the newbie, most people hate her but some people love her. She is complicated and very hard to understand but when you get to know her you fin...
13.2K 1.2K 63
ONC 2023 Shortlist Astrid, the Princess of Eurovea, a country existing several centuries in the future, had led a happy and sheltered life in the ca...