Thick and Thin [l. hemmings]

By 5sosidk

'thought you'd be there through thick and thin' _____________ "I don't want to lose you, Kelsey." "You alread... More

Thick and Thin
playlist & cast
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
epilogue
authors note

sixty-one

253 6 7
By 5sosidk

"Kiana, hi!" I smile, rushing to give her a hug the second I see her in the bridal suite at the venue.

"Oh my god, hi!" She cheers, hugging me tightly.

"You're getting your makeup done before your hair, Ivy and McKenna are both almost done so you'll be going soon.

"So, I don't want to stress you out, but Luke is going to pop in any second now to say hi, if that's okay."

"Oh, okay. Yeah." She nods, sitting back down in her chair so the hairstylists can continue working on her hair.

Moments later, there's a knock at the door and Luke lets himself in.

"Hey, Kiana. Congrats." Luke smiles, waking over to us. He stands beside me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

I see her look down at his hand on my waist and back up to him, "Thanks, Luke. I'm glad you could make it."

"Thanks for letting me be here. I really appreciate it." He tells her.

"Of course. Anything for Kelsey."

"Well, I'll get going, I know you're all busy getting ready." Luke says, stepping away from me and waving as he walks off.

Once he's gone, Kiana looks at me, her jaw dropping, "What the fuck was that?"

"What?"

"Why was he holding you like that?"

I shrug, not wanting to get into this, "I don't know."

"Wow, okay. Well, you're happy so, it's all good." She says, a small smile on her lips.

I know she's not fully supportive of Luke, but I can tell she's trying. She wants what's best for me and I get that. Kiana saw what he did to me, she's just trying to protect me. But I think I know what I'm doing now. I'll be okay.

"Kelsey! You're up!" McKenna calls, waving me over as she gets out of the chair.

"You look so pretty!" I exclaim, heading over to sit.

Getting my hair and makeup done was honestly quite relaxing. We were all having fun together, getting ready and socializing. Once it gets closer to the ceremony, we're all dressed, helping Kiana into her gown.

"Oh my god." Kiana mumbles, staring at herself in the huge mirror.

We all hype her up, showering her in compliments. She looks so amazing, I'm so happy for her.

Ivy started to pour champagne for everybody, to celebrate before the ceremony. She goes to hand me one and I shake my head, "I'm okay, thanks."

"Oh, you don't wanna celebrate?"

"No, I just don't drink. Thank you, though."

"I'm sorry! No problem." She smiles, handing it over to Frankie.

I quickly grab my phone, hastily typing a text to Luke.

'how you holding up??'

I sigh, putting the phone down, and joining the girls. They were all taking videos for social media. Being part of this was truly so much fun, I'm so happy Kiana asked me to join.

I hear my phone go off, and I quickly go pick it up.

'I'm good!'

'Spent some times with the boys'

'Didn't want to be a bother though so I'm sitting out in the main lobby'

I smile, quickly typing a response.

'great!!! let me know where you end up sitting for the ceremony and who you're with! I want to be able to find you :)'

Laughing, I put the phone down joining the girls so I can enjoy my time before the ceremony.

-

It wasn't my wedding, but as I walked down the aisle alongside Calum, I was nervous. I know Kiana has paired him with me to try and keep me comfortable, which I was grateful for. There were a lot of people here, and having Calum by my side to calm me down was nice.

Once I'm standing at the front along with the other bridesmaids, my eyes scan the crowd for Luke. We lock eyes once I see him, Luke immediately smiling from ear to ear. He gives me a small wave, not making it obvious to anybody around him. I bite my lip to hold back a giggle, giving him a quick nod.

Everybody stands as Kiana is about to walk down the aisle.

Kiana was glowing. She looked so perfect. We had always talked about our weddings in high school. This was something she's dreamed about since she was a kid. Watching tears pool in her eyes as she approached Harrison, made me feel so happy I couldn't explain it.

Thinking about everything made me so emotional that I was already tearing up as well. I look to Luke again because frankly, he was the only other thing I could be thinking about right now. He's what came to my mind when feelings like this. His eyebrows furrow in confusion as I look to him with tears in my eyes.

Luke mouths 'you okay?' and I give a small nod, not wanting anybody to see. He tries to hide the thumbs up he gives me, and I shake my head at him as a small smile forms on my lips.

Turning my attention back to the ceremony, I do my best to focus on Kiana and Harrison.

The whole ceremony was beautiful. I know it was everything Kiana wanted. We went for pictures once we were done, before the reception. Luke and I texted throughout, when I wasn't part of the pictures. I wanted to make sure he was doing okay on his own. He was with some people from high school, so he was fine.

Throughout the introductions, dinner, speeches and everything else that happened while we were seated, Luke and I would sneak waves to each other as I was at the head table while he was at another. He made me feel comfortable while being up here in front of everybody. I just had to focus on him and that was it.

When it's finally time where we're able to get up and socialize, I quickly get up and rush over to Luke, dodging the other guests.

"Kelsey, you look amazing." Luke says, standing up to greet me.

I smile, "Thank you."

He wraps an arm around my waist as our attention is called to Kiana and Harrison about to have their first dance.

"I'm really happy for her." Luke says, as we watch their first dance.

"I've said it like a hundred times today, but same." I chuckle.

When it's time for all couples to join them on the dance floor for the rest of the song, I grab Luke's hand, pulling him towards the dance floor.

"It's for couples." He tells me, trying to keep his voice down.

"I think we have enough history." I tell him, moving closer to him, and loosely draping my arms around his neck.

His arms wrap around my waist, pulling me closer to him, "I guess that makes sense."

I smile up at him, getting lost in his eyes for a moment. A year ago I would've never thought this would be happening. I figured I'd still be not speaking to Luke, not in his arms while thinking about the fact I probably, maybe, definitely still have feelings for him.

-

It was strange, partying it up with a bunch of drunk people, but I was having the time of my life. It's been a while since I went out while sober, and I've never had this much fun doing so.

Luke's done his best to stay sober with me tonight, he had one drink earlier in the night. We've been dancing almost all night long.

"I'm just gonna go grab some water!" I tell Luke, as I walk towards him, leaving the other bridesmaids to keep dancing.

"I'll come with."

We both leave the dance floor, heading to the bar to just grab a water bottle. I quickly drink some water and offer Luke some. He accepts, taking a sip himself.

"I'll hold onto this for you." He says, as we start to walk off.

"What a gentleman." I giggle, as he laughs, "Luke? Can we go on a quick walk around outside the venue or something? It so warm in here and I need a dance break."

He nods, "Of course, lets go."

We make our way out of the crowd, Luke grabs my hand, gently squeezing. He ends up putting the water bottle down on the table by the entrance as we head out.

Once outside, there's a few guests scattered around, mostly chatting as they smoke. Luke and I slowly stroll, I look to the ground, trying to hide my smile from Luke.

"What are you thinking about?" Luke asks, softly swinging our hands back and forth.

"Us." I mumble, unable to look up at him.

"Oh?" He replies, sounding a little shocked.

"Yeah. You know, the whole wedding and spending so much time together and everything, it's- it's just giving me a lot to think about."

Luke stops us in our tracks, we had only made it to the back of the building.

"What?" I question.

"Kels, just- just stop me if you want me to." He says, pulling me up against him.

"Luke..." I whisper, as his hands cup my face.

"Do you want me to stop?" He murmurs, leaning in.

I don't answer, I just close the small gap left between us by connecting our lips. Luke backs me up against the wall, our kiss immediately heating up. A quiet gasp falls from my lips as he trails kisses down my neck.

"Oh my god." I mutter, mostly in shock, I think.

He stops, looking me in the eyes, "Sorry-"

"Shut up." I mumble, connecting our lips again.

How is this happening right now? Why is this happening right now? I couldn't care less about all the thoughts running through my head. This just felt right. It doesn't go on much longer, as I quickly snap myself back into reality.

"Okay, wait. I still have bridesmaid duties to attend to." I tell him, letting out a deep breath.

I watch him as he stares at me, breathing heavily. Luke runs a hand through his hair, moving it back out of his face, "Right. That. Yeah."

"Hey, maybe we can continue later..." I trail off, as I begin walking again.

"Oh, god. Don't tease me." He groans, catching up to me.

I giggle, grabbing his hand again. The two of us make our way back into the venue, laughing together.

"Kelsey! Luke!" Kiana cheers, waving us over, when she sees us.

"What's going on?" I laugh, as she continues to dance.

"I'm having fun, come on!" She exclaims, grabbing my free hand and Luke's free hand, "Dance with us!"

I laugh, shaking my head, but doing as she says. I mean, she is the bride.

-

The night was coming to a close, it was late, I couldn't even tell you what time it was. Almost all the guests besides the wedding party were gone, and we were all just making sure we all had our stuff to get going.

"Kels, thank you so much for being part of the wedding. I know early on this was difficult for you but I'm so happy you're here!" She smiles, slurring some of her words.

I laugh, "Of course, Kiana! Congratulations again."

I head out to the main lobby to see both Luke and Calum talking to each other.

"Hey boys." I chuckle, looking between the two.

"Hi! How much fun was tonight?" Calum exclaims.

"He's wasted." Luke laughs, shaking his head, "He's heading out with the other groomsmen."

"Oh, okay. You ready to go?" I ask, a smirk on my lips as I look him up and down.

Luke lets out a quiet chuckle, biting his lip.

"What's going on here?" Calum says, looking between us.

"Shut up." Luke tells him.

At the same time, I roll my eyes, "You're drunk."

Luke and I look at each other, both laughing. He grabs my hand, the two of us walking out together.

"Bye, Cal!" I call, turning to face him, giving him a wave while Luke and a walk out.

Getting into his car, I take a deep breath.

Luke looks over at me, a wide smile on his face, "You're so pretty."

I quickly lean over, pressing my lips to his. My lips brush against his as I speak, "Take me home, Hemmings."

Luke lets out a heavy breath, "Fuck."

Luke basically speeds the entire way back to his place, his hand resting on my thigh. The second we arrive back at his building and in the elevator, Luke and I are all over each other.

"Are we really doing this?" Luke asks, unlocking the door as I leave kisses on his jaw.

We get inside and I nod, "Yeah, Luke. We're doing this."

_______________________

HOW WE FEELING ABOUT IT FOLKS??????

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 15.9K 141
Preferences about 5 Seconds of Summer. All preferences are mine so please give credit if you take them¡!
25.7K 268 34
Story cover by @ewjimin on twitter.
567K 9.3K 130
5SOS Preferences and Imagines.
32.7K 835 89
Just some preferences and imagine I like to do on 5SOS