Being Fearless

By SunnyLD

Elliot Stevens has been abused and hated her whole life by the person who is supposed to love you always. Ell... More

1
2
3
Characters
4
5*
6
7*
8
10
11
12
13
Note 😏🚨
14*
15
16
17
Noteish
18*
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
;(

9

3.6K 68 16
By SunnyLD

Listen when I put a ~

August 26, 2020

Elliot hasn't said a word since we left South Carolina. The only times she speaks is if she has to and even then it's like pulling teeth.

We finished our Georgia mission with flying colors. It was a simple assassination of a dirty congressman. Elliot sniped him from our hotel window. She locked herself in her room the entire 3 days. I don't think she even ate.

She wouldn't speak to anyone not even Lia. Whatever that was in South Carolina brought back memories and pain for her.

One thing that hasn't settled in my mind was the mark of the dragon. No one knew what it was I was tempted to call Luca and ask him but something in me told me to wait.

We were currently driving to Dayton Beach, Florida. The air was thick with the salty water as we approached our destination. No doubt we could all feel the shift in the environment.

Elliot is a puzzle, and I want to put it together no matter how long it takes. Something about her set a fire inside me that only she knows how to control.

*
The house we were staying in was a basic beach house 4 rooms 2 bathrooms a small kitchen and a small living space.

We all wordlessly went to our designated rooms equipped with the things we needed. Entering the room I was met with basic walls decorated with sea shells and various marine life and painted to mimic the ocean. The bed spread was plain white. The mini closet had clothes and bullet proof vests. There was a small section explicitly for guns, knives, ammunition, and other various items.

Since South Carolina, Luca made us have separate rooms because we had separate tasks. Personally I think he doesn't want us to get too attached to one another.

I walked to the dresser which held the paper containing my role on this mission. I skimmed over it getting the main information.

Mission: Steal the blood eye ruby.

Location: Truck going to Daytona annual jewelry show.

Details: Infiltrate the armored vehicles and retrieve the ruby with minimal police involvement. Truck will transport the ruby at exactly 12:00 pm on August 27th

Role: Swat member.

I was interested to know what Elliot had to do but I knew not to push her right now. I know she's not fragile but I want to treat her like the most brittle glass in the world.

She deserves to know what real love feels like and I want to show it to her.

A knock of the door pulled me from my thoughts. I opened the door to be met with Kaden I opened the door wider to the him in and closed it behind him.

"Yes?"

"It's time." No. I thought we, I, had more time. I pulled out my phone and Lucas number. He answered on the 3 ring.

"It's time."

Elliot

I read the mission instructions. It was simple task, steal a ruby. My role was to get inside the vehicle and take the Gem before we reached the location. Easy enough.

Now I know what you are wondering, what happened in South Carolina? Well, If I tell you then I have to kill you and neither of us want that.

I haven't really spoken since we left, but I have nothing to say. I just want this mission to be over with. Kaden and Lia are being suspicious lately. They take random calls at random hours of the night. They don't know I hear them but I do.

Everything about all of this was suspicious but I still went with it. Why I am, I have no idea. Maybe some fucked up part of me wants somewhere to belong. Or maybe just maybe I'm hoping I die so I don't have to live in the pitiful life anymore.

I used to want someone to love, have a family, something to care about. But that just makes everything harder in the end. I'm heartless but I would never put a loved one through something like that.

Maybe in a different timeline I have a family that loves me. I shook off my thoughts and pulled the map app up on my phone to search for local clubs.

I need a drink and a fuck.

I found one about a 10 minute drive from the house. When I left my room Lia was sitting on the couch watching some childish movie.

"I'm leaving. Address is 56 Dayton street." I never stopped walking past her as I grabbed my keys and left the house.

I walked up to the beautiful 370 and unlocked it. The one perk about this entire thing is the cars. I always had a soft spot for JDM cars. I put the key in the ignition and the engine roared to life.

I put the car in gear and flew from the driveway down the empty street. It was about 10 at night and not many people were out giving me a clear stance to top out the car.

I pushed the car to its limits feeling the wind from the open window flowing through my hair. This feeing was one that couldn't be described with words.

I could see the club in the distance so I slowed down
to pull into the parking lot.

*

The club wasn't huge but it was still fairly big. When I first stepped in I could smell stale beer and hear the music.

I walked up to the counter and a short blonde girl greeted me.

"Hey sweet cheeks what can I get for you?"

"6 shots of something strong." I said looking around the place a bit.

"Im gonna need to see some ID please." The girl said. I pulled my eyes back to her.

"I left it at home. My birthday is august 9th or 1997." Not breaking eye contact I put a hundred dollar bill in her front shirt pocket.

The girl pulled out the shot glasses and grabbed a top shelf bottle and started pouring. I didn't even look at what it was because I honestly didn't care. I wanted to forget for a few hours.

"Do want a chaser for those?" The blonde asked me. I pulled out another hundred and set it on the table.

"A bottle of vodka will do fine." The girl nodded and walked to the back to retrieve the bottle.

"Break up?" A male voice said from my right. I turned to be met with blue eyes and light brown hair. He was an attractive male, probably an ex high school football captain. He had a security badge attached to his pants pocket. Bingo.

"Nope. Shit life." I said in response. I grabbed one of the shots and threw it back not even making a face. The comforting burn flamed in my throat as the liquid went down.

When I looked back at the guy he was staring at me with a smirk. He took a drink of his beer and shook his head. The bartender came back with the bottle and handed it to me giving me a polite smile.

"Do you friends here?" He asked looking around.

"Nope" I said popping the P "all for me." I took another shot and stacked the empty glass into the other one.

"You really gonna drink all of that?" He asked. I nodded my head. And took another shot. Suddenly the music changed to Call out my name by The Weekend.

"Wanna dance!" I yelled over the loud bass and people singing. He nodded his head with a smirk. I downed the rest of the shots and grabbed the bottle of vodka. He had his hand held out for me which I grabbed. He led up to a empty spot in the crowd.

I opened the vodka throwing the lid somewhere in the club. I took a large gulp of it and turned around. Grabbing one of his hands I led it to my hips so that I could grind on him. His other hand found the other side.

He guided my hips as I grinded on him. His hands exploring my thighs and stomach. I threw my head back to give him access whit he greedily agreed to.

He left sloppy kisses and hickeys all over my neck. I took another gulp of the vodka as one of his hands trailed under my shirt. The affect of all the alcohol hit me at once and I smiled.

I already felt how hard he was so as the song changed I grabbed the collar of his shirt at pulled him to the bathrooms with a grin.

Alex

"What the fuck do you mean she left?!" I yelled at Amelia.

"I don't know Alex, she just left?!" She screamed back.

"This is bad. Does she not know how many threats are out there!?" I yelled pointing at the door. "Did she at least tell you where she went?!"

"56 Daytona street." She said looking at the floor.

"Okay, you two stay here incase she comes back. And don't fucking leave." I said glaring at Amelia. She nodded and sat down on the couch.

I grabbed my keys and rushed out of the door to the car. I quickly put the address into my gps and it showed a club not to far away. I raced down the road at a dangerous speed. When I pulled into the parking lot I saw her car parked and slight relief washed over me.

Without a second thought I rushed in and looked around. I didn't see her in the crowd so I went up to the bartender. It was a short blonde girl.

"What can I get you?"

"Have you seen a tallish girl with brown hair and a glare? She probably asked for a lot of alcohol." I rushed out in a panic.

"Yeah I saw her. She gave me two hundred bucks."

"Do you know where she went?"

"I saw her go to the bathroom with a guy." Fuck. I didn't say anything else and rushed to the bathrooms.

The men's was open but the Women's was locked. I knocked and nothing. I knocked harder and nothing. I banged on the door again then I heard her familiar voice.

"Fuck off." She sounded breathless. She was no doubt having sex. The thought of her having sex with someone else kind of stung but I shook it off.

I knocked again but instead of words I heard her cuss then moan. I won't lie, the sound of her moaning made my member stiffen slightly.

"Elliot let's go! We have shit to do tomorrow."

"Go away you Frosty bitch. I'm trying to finish can you leave me alone." I heard a slap then a moan. Her moan.

"If you don't open this fucking door, I'm breaking it." I yelled through the door. Jealousy bubbling deep inside me.

"I don't care." She replied. "OH FUCK! Yes right there! Fuck I'm cümming!" I heard her yell. Then the guy groaned. A few seconds later I heard shuffling and the lock click. I shoved the door open as she was buttoning her pants up.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I yelled. She didn't even flinch, just kept fixing her clothes.

"What isn't wrong with me?" She said.

"He watch it bud!" The guy said. Elliot turned around towards the guy.

She reached into her bra and pulled out a fifty dollar bill. She handed the money to the guy who looked confused.

"Why are you still here?" She said.

"I-I thought we were getting along." Elliot rolled her eyes and shoved him out the door.

"Bye." She said and gave him a wave and closed the door.

"Do you know how irresponsible that was?" I asked her.

"Sorry dad." She said sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

"I prefer daddy, sweetheart." I said. Our conversation clearly wasn't going anywhere because she didn't care.

"Kinky."

"You don't even know the half of it." I smirked. "Did you even know the dudes name?" I asked seriously. She pulled out some sort of tag from her pocket.

"Austin Turner." She said with a smirk.

"What do you have in your hand?"

"Security tag for the museum of antiques and artifacts." The exact tag I need to get into the vehicle.

"How did you-"

"Took it off of his pocket while he kissed my neck." She said nonchalantly.

"Impressive."

"Obviously. You have to drive I have way too much alcohol in my system."

"Fine come on you trouble maker." I said as I guided her through the club. We made it to the garage and I led her to my car. She got in and put her seat belt on. I got in and started the car, leaving the parking lot.

A few minutes passed before she broke the silence.

~

"Do you ever wonder what it would be like to have a family?" I pondered the question for a moment. She probably wouldn't remember anything tonight.

"All the time. Do you?" She made a sound like a grunt.

"No."

"Why not?" I turned down a road with a view of the beach and parked the car.

"Too many attachments." I waited for her to continue. "I wouldn't want anyone to greave me when I die. And besides, why not die with no one caring than to be forgotten by people who used to care."

"But if you had people who loved you then I'm sure they wouldn't forget you."

"Love isn't real. I had a boyfriend who said he loved me." She said looking out of the window.

"And did he?"

"I thought so."

"What happened?" I didn't want to push to hard so that she stopped talking about herself but I wanted to know more about her.

"We dated for a while. He was a football captain and I was the girl everyone hated. I was weak, mentally. One day I walked in on him cheating on me. He said he never loved me and used me. I gave him everything. He, was my first everything. That was the day that I was no longer little Ellie who couldn't stand up for herself. I was Elliot who was always doing things she shouldn't. I walk life on the edge and the plank is getting thinner everyday." I never knew that about her. I knew from what she told me the first day at Luca's that she's had a shit life, I felt bad but I knew she didn't want my pity. Her eyes never left the ocean or stars as she spoke.

"Is that where the tattoos and skills came from?" She paused for a moment thinking.

"You know if I tell you this, you can never tell another soul right?" She asked, looking in my eyes.

"I swear on my life."

"My dad was abusive to me even as a baby. He would let me get too cold or forget the feed me. Forget to change me. If I cried too much he would put me outside. Didn't matter what the weather was like. As soon as I could walk he started hitting me. I was his punching bag. He would throw things at me or push me down the stairs. Whatever he wanted. Something happened when I was about 4. He started training me. It wasn't really training he would set me in-front of a punching bag and hold a gun to my head. A revolver to be exact.

It only had one bullet and every time I messed up a punch he would pull the trigger."

"Did he ever shoot you?" I asked.

"Once or twice but not to kill me. I always thought it was weird that he trained me. He taught me how to kill, how to separate yourself from the fight. He would shoot a gun near me randomly and if I flinched he would hit me with a cord and leave whip marks. He would cut me with knives until it didn't hurt anymore. he would shoot me with rubber bullets until I couldn't feel it anymore. He would shoot or stab me randomly to see if I needed more training or pain endurance as he called it. He trained me with any and every weapon possible until I was a pro.

By the time I was 14 I was skilled in everything. I didn't know why he made me do all of it until one day he told me 'kill everyone in this room' we were at a local diner. One of the women that worked there called me her little dragon. She was there that night.

I did what he told me, little 14 year old Elliot took the gun her father handed her from under the table and killed everyone in the diner. I killed 3 children under 8, a baby, and 19 other people. I couldn't kill Beth, the woman who called me her little dragon, I shot her in the shoulder as cried over her saying I was sorry. My father stood over us and watched as I cried. I remember her saying 'you will always be my little dragon. It's okay I forgive you.' I shot her in the heart and she died. My father laughed at me crying over her body.

He pulled me from the diner by my hair and took me to this ware house. It was a bunch of men. He made me kill 24 kids. He made me kill them until I felt nothing. The whole time he told me 'this is your fault. The more you cry, the more you kill.' He made me into his own assassin and named me dragon. To taint the name Beth gave me. I killed anyone he told me too, I was stronger than him, I was better. But he still terrified me so I never fought him back. It was like he made me into his own little robot killer.

I was broken. Then years later after endless torture. I meet my ex I was fragile and that pushed me even more over the edge. I was always able to turn my emotions off when I had to train or I was around my father, but I still had emotions away from that. When I met my ex he made everything feel better and feel okay. But when he did what he did I lost it. I lost the last piece of humanity I had. By then my father was a raging alcoholic and didn't need me to be his personal hit man anymore.

That's when I turned to the races and parties. Throughout the years I got a dragon tattoo and claimed my title as one of the most deadly hit man. Most knew me by my dragon tattoo or ghost. I never let people see that tattoos so I cover them with makeup. Most of the time I use water proof but the first mission I didn't.

Those people we killed that day, I killed their oldest son. I did it to settle a gang war. They killed the other leaders brother so in return I was paid to take out their kid. Her and her son killed her baby, she cheated on Michael and got pregnant but told him it was his, so I didn't feel anything when I did it. Now I'm here, looking for the woman I killed during childbirth." She told me her life story and I couldn't help the tear that ran down my face. The entire time she told me the story, her voice never wavered, she never cried, she stayed monotone. She finally looked at me and gave me a sad smile.

She grabbed my face between her two soft hands and whipped my stray tears away with her thumb.

"We will never be the same after this will we?" She asked softly looking into my eyes. I shook my head no.

"No, no we won't."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 4.5K 37
"Breathtakingly beautiful."he whispers against my ear. I can hear the anticipation in his voice. His lips crash up against mine, this being my first...
135K 3.4K 39
*SLOWLY BEING EDITED* Zane had a special mission to accomplish. No one could find out that he's undercover. No one. But with those hazel eyes and her...
33.9K 748 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...
426K 14.4K 55
"I know what you're doing," I said, pointing my spoon at him and he cocked a curious eyebrow, "Is that so?" I nodded as I spooned more pudding int...