Joshaya one shots

By EGH15-01

This is just a bunch of one shots about Josh and Maya from girl meets world. I hope you enjoy them! More

Someday plan
Jealousy
Prom night
Hurricane
First kiss
Moving on?
Bad days
Strokes
"Come with me."
Family
Juilliard and boyfriends
doubts
Over protective
Pregnant
Secretly dating
Heartbreak
Secret admirer
Graduations and apartments
Over protective part 2
Secretly dating part 2
"Good In Goodbye
A/N. PLEASE READ!!
Speak now
Date interrogations
Agents life
Wake up call
Exhaustion
Road trip
Argument
Coming home late
Misunderstandings
"Mama's song"
"What I Never Knew I Always Wanted."
State of depression
Oh sweet memories
Miranda
He's my boss
Those sick days
A cry for help
Worth the wait
Josh's Topanga
He's my boss P2.
The green eye'd monster
Undercover
The Ride Home
Nightmares
Another story idea
After all these years
Right in front of me
You're the Bonnie to my Clyde
Can't Hold It In Anymore
The jock
The lives of Josh and Maya
This is just a dream
Cuddling
Acceptance letters
A/N Reminder IMPORTANT
Halloween
Pick up lines
Superman
After the breakup
Hide and Seek
Pillow fights
Tattoos
Elevators meetings
Taking a break
The letter
Anniversary
Maya's influences
Physical fight
IMPORTANT~ BIG IDEAS COMING UP
The Unexpected
Tears
Riany Days
Kick Boxing
Ghosts
Asking Her Out
Hospital Calls
Physically Hurt
The Big Day
Baby Protective
Hot Chocolate
Pouting
Tickle Fights
Baby Shopping
'I love you"
Senior Prank
Trust
Birthday's
"I Miss You"
Pregnancy
Vacation
Camping
Bets
Long Trips
Chick Flick
P.D.A
Dating Announcement
Josh's Shirt
Nicknames
Locked in a room
A/N Please read its important!
Starting A Family
Sleep Walking
Kiss Cam
Family Time
Empty Bed
Singing
RoofTops
Ex Girlfriends
Danger
Labor
Wisdom Teeth
School Dances
Puppy Dog Eyes
Gift Exchange
Dont Have A Cow
Wisdom Teeth ~ Josh
Soul Mates
Moving
Back to December
Makeup
Smile
Making up
Distractions
Sneaking in
Snowball fights
Valentines day
Run-inns
Clingy
Sleepover
Falling asleep
Jealous much?
Comfort
Inappropriate clothing
Cooking
Storms
Lazy days
Interceptions
New years
Kiss
College surprise
Sleep talking
Face timing
Cheating
Cuddling
The Sub
Insomnia
What a cute couple
Young Love
Proposal
Panic attacks
Christmas miracles
Christmas Romantics
Silent treatment
Emails I Cant Send
Blessing
Piece By Piece
Slow dancing
I want a Baby
Making Out
Another One Where She's Pregnant
BIG misunderstanding
Christmas Traditions
The Best Worst Party Ever
And Even More Parties
Broken
Moments
Inevitable
A Father's Observation
If Only Someday
Party Exhaustion
One Step At A Time
Christmas Day
Issues
Chaperoning
Happy
Who's Pregnant?

Sneaking Out

2K 53 4
By EGH15-01

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was late. Really late. Half past midnight when Maya looked over at her beside table and read her alarm clock. She sighed as she thought about how she was going to get out.

They were doing construction on the street below and had the outside of the fire escape completely blocked off. You really only could use it for emergency's. So Maya would never be able to get away with climbing down the fire escape like she usually could. She would have to use the front door.

There was only a slight problem with that. Josh was staying in her living room. He was asleep on the couch because Shawn had invited him over as the Matthews we're away at a family reunion that Josh had no interest in going to. So Shawn had invited him to stay there with him.

Maya had an issue. Normally she would have Riley cover for her if something were to happen and her parents were to realize that she wasn't home, but Riley wasn't here. But she needed to go. He would be waiting for her.

She got out of bed and started dressing in a causal tee and jeans. She put her shoes on and grabbed her phone and keys. She hoped that she would be able to sneak back in through the window when she came back, but she brought her keys just in case they still had someone on guard over the fire escape.
She left her window unlocked. She grabbed the bag that was sitting beside her bed that was filled with the usual stuff. She placed it over her shoulder.

She crept down the hall, being careful not to step on the creaking spots. She made her way into the living room to see Josh passed out on the couch. She took some time to stare at him and smile at his figure. They hadn't been able to interact much the night before. Shawn was very aware of their 'someday' deal.

Not wanting to waste anymore time, Maya slowly tiptoed to where the front door was. If it was one thing that she had learned about Josh, he was a very light sleeper. And the slightest noise could make him wake up, her and Riley had learned that fairly quickly when he would stay at the Matthews house.

Maya unlocked the door and opened it softly, she tried not to let it creak as it opened. She opened it just enough to let her body slip through and close it back. As soon as she thought she was in the clear, she let out a sigh of relief. But just as she walked away, the door clicked and creaked open. Maya shut her eyes and inwardly groaned as she turned around and came face to face with a bewildered Josh.

He looked confused and very sleepy as he blinked at her a few times before bringing his hands up and rubbing his eyes. His hair was messy as he brought a hand up to run through it and then brought his hands down to look at Maya more clearly.

"What are you doing?" He asked her, his tone low and raspy from just waking up. Maya bit her lip.

"Nothing, go back to sleep." She told him. Josh rolled his eyes at her.

"Yeah right." He stated. "Why are you sneaking out?" He asked her. His eyes narrowed a little and he bit the inside of his jaw. "Are you going to meet up with a guy?" He asked her. Trying to keep his tone as causal as possible. Maya's eyes widened a little.

"No!" She snapped. "I'm just going out for a walk, by myself and I'm not meeting up with anyone." She lied quietly. Josh looked a bit taken back, but more relaxed at her answer as his shoulders relaxed from their tensed form.

"At one o'clock in the morning?" He asked her again. Maya sighed as she looked down at her watch and saw that she had fifteen minutes before one and she would like to get to the park. "What's in the bag?" He asked her as he looked and noticed the bag on her shoulder for the first time.

"Look, don't worry about it. I have to go." Maya told him. She went to turn around, but she should have known it wouldn't have been that easy. Not with Josh anyway. She felt him grab her arm and pull her back towards him.

"Maya, hold up a second." He demanded. "I'm not just going to let you go out on the streets of New York at one in the morning. Are you out of your mind? Do you realize what kind or danger could be waiting on you?" He asked her. Concern and protectiveness laced all over his tone. Maya felt her heart flutter before she reminded herself that how was not the time to let this happen.

"Don't act like you haven't gone out by yourself on the streets of New York at one in the morning before." Maya told him as she narrowed her eyes at him. Josh swallowed hard.

"That's different." He told her.

"Why? Because I'm a girl and you're not?" She asked him. Josh sighed.

"Honestly, yes. Look I know it sucks that women have to watch their backs when they go out alone anywhere just because they're women, but the sad truth is they do. I'd love to ignore the fact that something bad might happen to you if you go around by yourself, but I can't. And if anything were to happen to you while you're out tonight, knowing that I could have done something to stop it, then that's on me."

Maya stared at him. She sighed as she thought about her favorite swing at the park that would be waiting for her. How he would be waiting for her.

"Josh, it's not like I haven't done this hundreds of times before." She admitted quietly. Perhaps that was the wrong thing to admit, maybe she shouldn't have told him that.

Josh let go of her arm and Maya took the opportunity to turn around and walk away. But it was too easy, it wasn't like that response was just going to change Josh's mind on everything, Maya knew that. That's why she wasn't surprised as she shoved her hands in her leather jacket pockets that she heard Josh's footsteps behind her. And she knew they were Josh's as she turned the corner or the street, because they fell right into step with hers never once going behind or in front of her.

"Really?" Maya asked him as she continued to walk towards the park. "You just couldn't resist?" Her tone had slight humor to it, but she couldn't help the annoyance that was also evident. This was one of the rare times that she didn't want to really have Josh's company with her.

"It was either this or I woke Shawn up and told him. I didn't think you'd like the second option very much." He told her. Maya bit her lip and clenched her fists. He was right. Josh reacted the way he did, she could only imagine how Shawn would react if he had found out. He had grown very protective over her since the adoption.

"Look, I do this because it sometimes helps me sleep better at night." She told him. Josh looked over at her.

"You have a window in your room, if it's fresh air you need then crack it." He told her. Maya rolled her eyes.

"I'm not talking about that." She stated. Josh didn't question her anymore as they came up beside the park entrance. Maya opened the gate and walked through. Josh hesitantly behind her. Maya looked around for a moment before her eyes landed on the park bench, where the homeless guy that she would come and see was currently sitting, a blanket overtop his legs and a pillow on the bench beside him.

"Maya," Josh grabbed her shoulder as she started making her way over towards him.

"It's fine." Maya assured him. Josh let his hand fall and he followed her towards the bench. "Hi Sammy." Maya smiled as she greeted the man on the bench. The man looked up and he smiled.

"Maya, I was wondering when you'd get here." He smiled. He was an older guy. Josh had to guess at least in his sixties as what little hair he had left was white. It really was a pitiful sight, as his clothes looked rugged and old. They were torn in some places.

"Sorry I'm a little late." She told him. The man continued to smile at her before his eyes went to behind her at where Josh was standing.

"Who's this?" He asked her. Maya blushed and was thankful that it was dark out so Josh couldn't really see.

"Sammy this is Josh." Maya introduced them. Sammy smiled.

"So you're the Josh I've heard so much about." Sammy stated. "Maya talks a lot about you. She's very found of you." Josh's heart warmed as he now realized why Maya sneaks out so late, why she was so determined to.

"I'm pretty found of her, too." Josh admitted. Maya stared at him for a moment before looking away. Josh grinned at her and Sammy let out a small smile at the two.

"I brought you some stuff." Maya told him as she took the bag off her shoulder and placed it down on the ground as she kneeled on the grass and started pulling things out.

She took out a few sandwiches wrapped up in zip blocks and handed them to him. A couple of chip bags and some bottle of waters. She took out a thermos filled with hot chocolate and placed it on the side of the bench.

"I also brought you another couple of blankets." She said pulling them out. "I figured you could use them with the weather getting colder." Maya stated as she emptied the bag and then folded it up as she stood up again. Josh coming to stand beside her and put an arm around her shoulders. "I wish I could do more." She stated. Sammy smiled at her.

"Maya, every night you bring me something to eat and drink. And for an old man like me, that's more than enough. I'm lucky to be able to have nothing, and yet everything at the same time." He told her.

Josh wondered how someone like him could he in the state he's in, but have such positive outlook on life. He didn't know if he could be as positive about life if he were in the same shoes as this man.

"Well, we should probably be getting back." Maya said sadly. Josh squeezed her shoulders a little and Sammy smiled at them both.

"You two be careful. There's a lot of creeps out here at night. I'm glad that Maya had someone to come with her tonight. You watch each others backs." He told them.

"We will, Sammy. I'll see you tomorrow night. Same time." Maya told him. Sammy nodded his head.

"I'll be here." He told her. Maya and Josh waved him a goodbye before turning around and heading out of the park. As they exited the gate of the park, Maya stopped and looked back at Sammy. He had opened one of the sandwich bags and was pinching some bread off and throwing it to the birds.

"You okay?" Josh asked her. Maya nodded at him after a moment. She continued to stare at Sammy.

"I just wish I could do more." She told him again. Josh stated at her for a moment before he wrapped an arm around her shoulders again and pulled her closed

"Have I told you lately how amazing of a human being I think you are?" Josh asked her. Maya didn't say anything. She just shook her head as she continued to stare at Sammy.

"It's just not fair." She whispered. "He deserves better." Josh nodded.

"I know."

They stayed like that for a few more minutes. Just watching as Sammy continued to share his food with the birds. Eventually Maya and Josh stated walking away and down the street, heading back to Maya's apartment. Josh let his hand slide down her shoulders, and he brought his hand down to lace their fingers together as they continued to walk.

"Hey Maya?" Josh asked as they rounded the corner of the street.

"Hmm?" Maya hummed in response. She enjoyed the warmth that Josh's hand was bringing her own, as she tried her best to ignore the tingles coming up and down her arm.

"You're going back tomorrow night?" He asked her. Maya nodded her head.

"I go every night. Or at least I try. And the nights I can't come, I always try to bring him extra either the night before or the night after." She told him. Josh smiled.

"Count me in for tomorrow night as well." He told her. Maya snapped her head up at him. He looked over at her and smiled. Maya smiled back, she leaned her head on his shoulder and wrapped her other arm around his as they continued walking home.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 4.3K 38
♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Josh Matthews thought he had everything. He became CEO of The Gabriel Foundation, a nonprofit that helps sick kids and their families...
46.7K 767 62
My one shots from GMW's Joshaya Aka Josh and Maya and if the real actors (Sabrina Carpenter and Uriah Shelton) Aka Urbrina
199K 2.6K 28
Maya, Riley, Farkle, Lucas and Zay are 17 And Josh is 20 Its about how Maya and Josh confess their feelings that have been buried deep I dont own g...
150K 4.5K 64
Cover by @queen_Dez08 She is famous, He is the body guard that was hired to protect her. She was somebody who wanted out of all the fame and the glor...