Abhigya Stories Collection

Oleh lazyakabookworm

anuanantha had asked me to post all of my Abhigya stories here, though I've posted the same stories with Rish... Lebih Banyak

One-Liners of Each story
A Love So Pure
A Night Like This (OS)
All Roads Leads to You (OS)
Anchor
Andekhi Anjaani
Andekhi Anjaani : Epilogue
Arranged Marriage (OS)
Baaware Se Iss Jahaan Mein Baawara Ek Saath Ho
​Baby Series 1 - Always & Forever
Because You Are Mine (Adult 18+)
Being Yours...
Best Friend's Sibling Duology 1 - Wings Of Love
Best Friend's Sibling Duology 2 - Winds of Love
Bhabhi
Canvas & Notepad
Child Marriage 1 - Jab Miya Biwi...
Child Marriage 2 - Balika Vadhu/ Child Bride
Child Marriage 3 - Ek Duje Ke Vaaste
Cinderella
Destined To Be Yours... (OS)
Destiny
Dewar-Bhabhi Duology 1 : No Choice But Seduction
Dewar-Bhabhi Duology 2 : Gentle Rogue
Diamonds In The Sky
Dor
Dreaming of You
Dude & Beauty Series 1 : The Dude & The Ordinary Girl
Dude & Beauty Series 2 : The Beauty & The Admirer
Dumb & Dumber
Engagement Trilogy 1 : Mohabbat Ho Na Jaye
Engagement Trilogy 2 - Raabta
Engagement Trilogy 3 : Thode Badmaash
Enigma
Every Wish
Fallen
Fire & Ice (OS)
Forbidden Love
Give Me Tonight
Handcuffed!!!
He Said He Loved Me
Hearts Aflame
Hijack
Hooks & Crooks
Humsafar
In Her Love
Insane Hearts
Intezaar
Jaan-E-Mann
Just A Kiss Away
Let Love Find You
Lollipop
Lonely Hearts
Lost & Clueless
Love Actually
Love Game
Love Trilogy 1 : Silent Love
Love Trilogy 2 : Sudden Love
Love Trilogy 3 : Stubborn Love
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
Mangetar
Married To A Stranger
Messages In A Book
Mills & Boons Series 1 : Indecent Proposal
Mills & Boons Series 2 : The Mrs.
My Adorable Darling
My Adorable Weirdo
My Husband... My Boss
My Village Bella
Nanda
One Dark Night
One Night...
Pehla Nasha
Pirates of the Caribbean
Professor Student Series 1 - Mere Humsafar
Professor Student Series 2 - Woh Humsafar
Professor Student Series 3 - Ban Gayi Woh Humsafar
Punar Vivaah
Rishta
Rooth Na Jaana
Say You Love Me
Secret Admirer
Someone To Watch Over Me
Stranger in My Arms
Suddenly You
Sundara & Sundari
Suhag Raat
Sweet Talk
Tere Liye.../ For You...
The Elevator
The Ex
The Fake Girlfriend
The Hired Wife
The Long Way Home
The Moon Series 1 : Lonely Moon
The Moon Series 2 : Sun & Moon
The Office
The Proposal
The Stranger in My Life
Tu Hi Tu / You & Only You
Twin Series 1 : Sum of All Kisses
Twin Series 2 : Sweet Nothings
Twin Series 3 : Sangemarmar
Twin Series 4 - Hum Bewafa Hargiz Na The
Unakkenna Venum Sollu/ Tell Me What You Need
Undeserving Love
Valentine's Day
Wedding Vows
Wet Dreams, Naked Thoughts & Dirty Talks
When Love Awaits
You & Me
You Are Mine

The Magic Of You

4.8K 225 54
Oleh lazyakabookworm

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous story. Sorry, I am not able to reply to the comments.

"She is sleeping but you can still meet her. When you are ready to meet her, let me know." Dr. Shergill informed Abhishek in a gentle tone. But Abhishek was not listening to all that, he was silently looking at the letter as he tried to read it, he wanted to read it but the tears were clouding his eyes and he couldn't see anything. The more he tried to focus the more blurred his vision got, suddenly his eyes picked up one word, a name, Pragya, the one name that had changed his life completely, that name which gave him a new meaning to his life, gave him a life, happiness and sorrow. Pragya.

Few months back.

Abhishek walked with his head buried in the new patient's report. A new patient Pragya Arora had been admitted in their hospital diagnosed with brain tumor. He being the best surgeon had been assigned her case. Her operation was to take place the next week although the report mentioned that an operation had only 30% chances of her surviving it, Abhishek as usual shunned it. He always believed that everyone had a 100% chance of surviving as long as one believed in oneself, his doctor and above all his God.

Abhishek looked up and noticed that he was in front of Room no 305, Pragya Arora's room. He decided to meet his new patient and gently knocked on the door. The door was opened by an elderly man who looked older than what he actually was. "Hello, I'm Dr. Abhishek Prem Mehra." Abhishek introduced himself. "Come in, doctor. I'm Raghuveer Arora, Pragya's father." Raghuveer Arora introduced himself as he made way for Abhishek to enter. Abhishek smiles at him as he walked in to see Pragya Arora who was lying on the bed smiling at him. "Hello doctor." she wishes him cheerfully. "Hello Ms. Arora." Abhishek greets her back and starts the routine check ups and questions. Once everything was done, he takes her chart and starts entering his inputs in it "Everything looks good." Abhishek says his usual line. "Thank you." Pragya suddenly says making Abhishek look up at her, "But I should tell you, I lost some weight before that I was not just good but a hot babe." As Abhishek looks at her shocked and confused he hears Raghuveer calling Pragya's name in an admonishing way and she winks at her father cheekily. "So... Dr. Mehra, are you married?" Pragya asks him in flirty tone. "No." Abhishek replies as he went back to the chart. "Nice... any girlfriends?" Pragya asks him again, Abhishek looks up at her frowning "What does all that have to do with your treatment?" "Hmmm no I guess." Pragya answers her question thoughtfully then suddenly frowning she asks "You don't have any boyfriends too right?" "PRAGYA!" Raghuveer softly shouts at her. Pragya grins at her father once again and then turns to Abhishek "So?" "No!" Abhishek grits out. "Nice... nice. I like it." Pragya replies all impressed. "Are you hitting on me?" Abhishek asks with a frown in a soft whisper so her father doesn't hear him. "Ah! A man who is handsome, successful and intelligent. That is some combination." Abhishek simply shakes his head and starts getting up. "You are leaving?" Pragya asks with a pout. "I can't stay here forever." Abhishek replies. "How I wish you could." Pragya says in fake shyness. "But once your operation is over you'll go back home then what will I do staying here forever?" Abhishek asks back in a way trying to give her hope that she'll survive. Suddenly as if sobering up she replies seriously "Who knows what fate holds for them? For me, life is this moment. So live it to the fullest without a care of what happens the next moment," Abhishek didn't know what to say to that, and then he simply says "That is a nice outlook to life. I've to go now, will see you later." Abhishek says as he starts to walk out. "Please do keep coming, I would like to have you around more often." Pragya says jovially. "I've other patients Ms.Arora." Abhishek replies. "Prettier than me? Mister, I'm THE hot babe." Pragya says as if reminding him. Abhishek turns to her and then grins at her, "Well there is one Sahasra who beats you to *showing her a pinch* this much." "hmph!" he hears Pragya. Chuckling Abhishek walks out as he was about to close the door Raghuveer appears at the door and walks out gently closing the door "Sorry doctor, she was never like this. She used to be a very quiet child but ever since she found out of her illness she is like this, very outspoken." "That's okay Mr. Arora. The medicines can make some people talkative." Abhishek says with a smile as he brushed away the apology. "How is she?" Raghuveer asks him. "She will survive right?" he asks eagerly. "I've full faith." Abhishek tells Raghuveer with a reassuring smile.

Next day when Abhishek went in to check on Pragya even before he could greet her, she told him "Sahasra is indeed prettier than me." "You went looking for her?" Abhishek asks her shocked. "Of course I wanted to see who my competition was." Pragya replies. "What competition?" Abhishek asks chuckling as he took her chart, "For your attention." Pragya says rolling her eyes. Abhishek looks at her shocked yet again this girl manages to surprise or rather shock him all the time. "Stop glaring at me, Papa." Pragya tells her father then turning back her attention to Abhishek she asks "You didn't think I was joking yesterday did you?" when Abhishek doesn't reply to that Pragya continues "I don't have much days left for me to joke around like that." "PRAGYA! I have told you not to talk like that." Raghuveer angrily scolds her. "I do believe that you just insulted me Ms. Arora." Abhishek says in a dangerously low tone. "Sorry Papa." Pragya calls out then turning to Abhishek she asks "Insulted you?" "Of course, you just implied that I might won't be able to help you recover." "Oh that. One has to look at all eventualities." "I can't help you as long as you don't trust me, Ms.Arora." "I do trust you, it is just tomorrow that I don't trust. Tomorrow might just decide to come without Me." then turning to look at her father she makes an i-am-sorry face. "If you trust me, then trust me to make you face every tomorrow." "And face every Sahasra." Pragya adds chuckling. Abhishek decides it was no use talking to her when she had her mind set on her dying as inevitable, though she has courage and he will give that to her. Her ability to smile through all this surely has gained his respect. He disliked those people who cried living and cried dying; in short neither did they live nor die happily. "Oh by the way, am I glad or what that Sahasra is getting discharged today. That kid did give me a sleepless night." Pragya says relived. "I'll miss Sassy." Abhishek says thinking about the bubbly four years old. "You have a pet name for her?" Pragya asks raising an eye brow. "Of course, she was the prettiest girl I've ever seen." Abhishek replies back smiling. "I should have met you before I lost my weight." Pragya says in mock anger. Abhishek laughs hearing that and starts checking her pulse "I'm sorry if you got upset with me before." Pragya says in a soft whisper, before Abhishek could react to that she was back to her naughty self "Now that Sassy is leaving, and I'll become the prettiest girl in this hospital shouldn't you be keeping me a pet name?" "You are crazy!" Abhishek says laughing. "Cute, but don't you think it is pretty long for a pet name? But it is your call; you are the one who is going to be calling me that." Pragya asks with a thoughtful look while Abhishek looks at her as if she is really crazy. "Stop it, Pragya." Raghuveer says. "Come on, Papa. It is so boring out here." Pragya replies then looking at Abhishek she adds "Of course, present company excluded." "Of course." Abhishek replies chuckling.

"Hello Abhishek!" Pragya greets Abhishek as he walked into her room the next day with the nurse following him. Frowning at her Abhishek says "I do believe it is Dr. Mehra, Ms.Arora." "After all that happened between us yesterday I believe it is just Abhishek and Pragya." Pragya replies grinning. "All that happened between us? What happened between us?" Abhishek asks a little worried realizing the nurse's presence there. "As if you don't remember." Pragya says shyly. Abhishek turns to look at Raghuveer Arora for help and looks like he has given upon his daughter's behavior if the way he simply shrugged was any indication. "And who do we have here?" Pragya asks frowning looking at the shocked nurse. "Were you scared to come alone?" Pragya asks Abhishek teasingly. "No, she always comes with me for the rounds." Abhishek explains deciding not to have anymore discussion on Pragya's previous talk. "She was not here yesterday or the day before." "She had an emergency yesterday and the day before I was not here on rounds." Abhishek explains. "So is she going to be here everyday from now on?" Pragya asks with a frown. "Yes." Abhishek replies grinning. "UFF!!! As if Papa was not a kabab mein haddi already, we have another one." "WHAT?" Raghuveer looks at her shocked and scandalized. "I do love you, Papa but you do come in Abhishek's and my way." Pragya says fake shyness though she looked like she will burst out laughing any minute now especially after the nurse started coughing so much. "Stop it." Abhishek gently instructed her turning a little pink. "Alright." Pragya concedes making Abhishek suspicious quickly she was not the one to quit so soon "So..." Pragya says as she turns to look at the nurse and Abhishek knew that he was going to be royally embarrassed now. "Do you always accompany Abhishek in his rounds?" "Yes." the nurse replied to her as she went on about her duties. Pragya sigh dramatically making Abhishek frown even more "What I wouldn't give to be in your place. Walking with Abhishek all the time, everyday." Hearing that and seeing the nurse's reaction Abhishek wanted to dig up a hole and hide in there but before that he wanted to kill Pragya Arora. "Do you want to exchange place with me? You can lie in this bed all day while Abhishek and I go around looking in on other patients and spend time with each other." Pragya says going dreamy. Suddenly Abhishek realized how lifeless and empty Pragya felt her life was, enclosed in this room confined to this bed, though she was allowed to walk for a while it was not much. For a girl who wanted to live her every moment to the fullest this was a big torture. Her only entertainment was his visits; an image of her lying on her bed looking at the clock waiting for him to come flashed in his mind, that one image had filled his heart with so much pain and joy at the same time; of what pain and joy he didn't know. Abhishek turns to look at her and sees her watching him. "Stop dreaming of Sassy, she might have forgotten you already." Pragya advices him then with a flashy smile she says "Instead think of me, I'll never forget you." Grinning Abhishek replies "Sassy will never forget me nor will I ever forget her." "So you think. You still haven't seen all of my charms! I do wish you had seen me before I lost my weight." "Stop fretting over your weight you look just fine to me." Abhishek says as he gets up to leave "WOW Abhishek! I do believe that my charms are starting to work on you and you are starting to forget Sassy." "Dream on!" Abhishek replies and was about to walk off when Pragya holds his hand and pulls his closer to her and when he was near her she whispers into his ears "Don't bring her tomorrow." Abhishek knew she was talking about the nurse, without replying to her and ignoring both Raghuveer and the nurse's face he walks out.

Next day, Abhishek during his rounds decided to check on Pragya at last so he could spend more time with her, and the only reason for that was because he wanted to give her company and nothing else or he tried to tell himself that. Right before going to Pragya's room Abhishek had dismissed the nurse knowing full well that very soon there would be gossips regarding Pragya and him but he didn't care, if this could bring a smile on Pragya's face then it was worth it. The moment he walked into Pragya's room he heard her angry accusation "You are late!" she did wait for him everyday. Abhishek smiles at her seeing her frowning at him. "When Sassy frowns it makes her even cuter but when you frown it makes you down right ugly." For a moment Pragya looked speechless then grinning she asks him "And when I'm not frowning?" "Pretty but nowhere around Sassy." "At least I'm second best." Pragya says laughing. Is it him or Pragya was really the most beautiful girl he has ever met?

Abhishek started looking forward to meeting Pragya everyday, in spite of all the rumors floating around about them they had become good friends always teasing and pulling each other's leg and Pragya blatantly flirting with him as Raghuveer Arora like usual remained a mute spectator to all this. Everything was going great, Pragya was responding to the treatments even better. Two days before her operation Abhishek had as usual walked into her room but unlike usual she was silent and looked forlorn and where was Raghuveer Arora? "Hey... is everything alright?" Abhishek asks her concerned. "Yes." Pragya replies still upset. "No it is not, what is it?" "Why do you care? It is not like it is your duty to keep me happy." Pragya replies irritated. "Yes it is. I'm your doctor and it is my responsibility to keep my patients happy and take care of all their problems." Abhishek replies adamantly. Smiling at him Pragya replies victoriously "That settles it then, pick me up at 7 today." "Huh? Pick you up? " "Of course, for the date!" "Date?" Abhishek asks shocked. "You see, I have never been on a date, and my dream date is on the beach at night, and I wanted to go on a date today so badly and that was my problem. Now you have to solve it for me like you said it is your responsibility." Abhishek looks at her suspiciously "You planned all this, didn't you?" "Yes. And we are going for the date, I already talked to Papa about it and he agreed incase you were wondering." Pragya says. "I can get into shit if I do that." Abhishek tells her. "A dream date with a hot babe like me is worth it, right?" Pragya asks. Ignoring her Abhishek continues his work, and once done he gets up to leave without lingering over to talk to her like he usually does as he was about to open the door he turns to her and reminds her "Be ready at 7, I hate waiting." With a smile he closed the door hearing her squeal excitedly.

Pragya shrieks in shock "You did a striptease at a bar? And that too for a bet?" "Yup!" Abhishek replies a little proudly. "Strip for me!" Pragya says excitedly. "What?" Abhishek asks shocked even more shocked that he is shocked, he shouldn't expect anything else from Pragya Arora. "Come on, Abhishek. Strip. Show it all." Pragya says in a flirty drawl. "No." Abhishek says as he starts to walk again. "If you want we'll have a bet. If bet is what requires for you to shed your clothes." Pragya says. Abhishek looks at her then looks around to see if anyone was around then grinning he starts to unbutton his shirt and seeing that Pragya's eyes widen and she starts grinning broadly. "Naah!" Abhishek says as he leaves the button on and turns and walks off. "HMPH! You are so cruel Abhishek. Giving me false hope!" Pragya pouts and she walks behind him complaining. Abhishek turns back and smiles at her hearing her complain. "Haayi main mar jawa!" Pragya sighs seeing his smile. Abhishek chuckles "You are so crazy! Now tell me what the wildest thing you have ever done is?" "Abhishek asks her. "Hmmm... wildest? Hmmm flirting with you." Pragya replies. "Flirting with me? Come on! I won't believe it. I know you would have done something more sinister than me." Abhishek says shocked. "Tell me!" Abhishek urges her as he held her hand and pulled her closer. "Seriously Abhishek. I was always this quiet girl, who was always studying. I spend my whole life with a book or rather my life went on and I never realized it. And now when I realize what I have missed out on and want to live my life it is slipping away." Pragya says suddenly getting depressed. "I've told you not to talk like that and to trust me." Abhishek says getting a little angry. "Please Abhishek, instead of as my doctor... or a doctor, just listen to me as a friend." Pragya implores. "I'm telling you as a friend." Abhishek argues. "Then listen to what I've to say." Pragya says with a serene smile. "I don't want to hear if it is about death." Abhishek says pissed. Wrapping her arms around his arm Pragya moves closer to him and asks him "haven't you heard the phrase tomorrow is just a dream?" Abhishek looks at her thoughtfully. "I have always heard that phrase but when I realized the meaning of it my life is on the hanging." "You can survive, Pragya. And you will." "Maybe I'll. Maybe I won't." Pragya says seeing Abhishek getting angry she rushes to continue "For all you know I'll be cured only to fall down the stairs and die the next day. I could drown in the sea in a few minutes. You don't know what life holds for you." "Pragya you should always..." Pragya cuts him off "There are a lot of things I want to do. I want to finish my studies, I want to work, I want to earn my first salary, I want to get married, I want to have babies, I want to watch them grow, I want them to be such brats that I will be always pulling out my hair and blaming my husband for spoiling them rotten. Then there are a lot more things I want." Pragya says a little sadly. "It'll happen Pragya." Abhishek gently tells her. "I don't know, Abhishek. Even if none of these happen it is fine, I just wish I could give someone else instead of me for my Papa and all those people who love me. Papa loves me a lot, his life revolves around me, and then there are some who loves me like crazy." Then with a mysterious smile she continues looking into Abhishek's eyes "and those who doesn't even realize what I mean to them." "You will be there for them, so why do they need someone else?" Abhishek asks really not liking the way she is talking, her talks on dying was really disturbing him. Seeing how disturbed Abhishek was getting with the talk, Pragya decides to change subject. "Enough of the talks let's eat cotton candy."

"Buy just one." Pragya says. "Even I want." Abhishek replies frowning. "We'll share one." Pragya replies then adds frowning "You know, you just look romantic, you are not really romantic." Hearing that Abhishek starts grinning "If I turn on my charms you'll be a puddle on the floor." "Don't bet on that it is not floor but sand." Pragya replies grinning. Before Abhishek could say anything Pragya put the cotton candy near his mouth and he started biting into it and standing on her toes Pragya started eating from the other side. Abhishek's heart started beating faster. Abhishek holds the candy stick and without even realizing his thumb started gently brushing over Pragya's fingers as they got lost in each other's eyes. As the candy started getting over Abhishek's heart started beating that much faster. Suddenly his lips brushed against her and they both stilled for a second. Abhishek was tempted he wanted to kiss her and he was going to give in to his temptations when a voice screamed in his head she is your patient. And he quickly moved away. Realizing what was going inside Abhishek's head Pragya smiles and throws away the candy stick and says as if nothing happened "That was fun!"

Again Abhishek and Pragya were talking, teasing and laughing. "Thank you so much for this date, Abhishek." Pragya says as they walked back to Abhishek's car. "I should thank you for tricking me into this date." Abhishek grins back at her. "Then you are welcome." Pragya laughs. Abhishek smiles at her and opens the door for her, Pragya suddenly turns to look at him and gently says his name "Abhishek. "Yea.." and he was cut off by her lips. Forgetting that she was his patient, that they were in the open, Abhishek pulled her close to him and started kissing her back in equal passion.

Abhishek gently rubs away the tears that spilled from her eyes. "Abhishek, I was depressed. I was bored. I was defeated having all the colors and dreams snatched away from me, and then you came into my life. You were an entertainment for me, time pass, something to look forward to in my dull life, you were this fresh air I desperately needed, that fun I needed, I liked teasing you, loved it when you used to get shocked at what I say, even after you left the smile you brought on my face and the smile I brought on your face stayed with me. I don't even know when those jokes and teasing turned to..." and she stops looking into his eyes. "Turned to?" Abhishek asks in a whisper wanting to know what it was. Pragya again smiles in that mysterious way "I think it is better to leave a few things unsaid." Abhishek looks at her disappointed. Suddenly laughing Pragya asks him "Aren't you going to thank me for tricking you into kissing this sexy babe?" Abhishek looks at her shocked and then realizes that the moment whatever that moment was was gone. "I don't see any sexy babe around. And I definitely didn't kiss any sexy babe." Abhishek says laughing. "I should have met you before I lost my weight." Pragya mutters as she got inside the car.

The next day, both Abhishek and Pragya didn't interact much both lost in thoughts and tensed about things. Both of them were aware of the gossips about them around in the hospital, adding to the old ones making rounds was the one about their date. It was now common knowledge that Dr. Mehra had taken Pragya Arora out the previous night after taking special permission from the hospital authorities and coming back late in the end. Abhishek and Pragya chose to ignore these removes and giggles around, and neither talked about it. The day before the operation Abhishek had talked to Raghuveer Arora for a long time briefing in him on about the operation once again and all the procedures and out comes. Abhishek was more than confident that Pragya will survive, and Raghuveer was hopeful after his talk with Abhishek. Abhishek had noticed that Raghuveer Arora had dropped his usual way of addressing Abhishek from Dr. Mehra to beta. Abhishek neither comment on that nor asked Raghuveer to stop it because it somehow felt nice.

Day of the operation.

Abhishek looked at his mobile as it continued to ring. Abhishek continued to ignore it as he tried to understand what had happened. This was not his first operation then what had happened? Why had he got scared like that? Why did he feel that it was not Pragya but him there on the table? Why did he feel his life was in danger? When he had watched them going to make an incision on Pragya's skull he had gone crazy and he had pushed away that person ordering them to stay away from his Pragya and then when they had questioned him about what was wrong he didn't have any answer. In the end he had ran away from the OT like a coward. Leaving Pragya there. He had abandoned Pragya. Abhishek thought as a tear dropped down. Abhishek wondered what had happened and why it had happened.

Hours later, Abhishek walked into Pragya's room and found her lying on the bed smiling at him. Abhishek silently went near her not looking at her face. "Sit here." Pragya gently says as she patted on the bed. Abhishek sits there still not able to look at her. "What happened?" Pragya asks keeping her hand on his shoulder. The moment she touched him, Abhishek loses it and turning to face her he hugs her and bursts out crying. "I couldn't." cupping his face in her hands she makes him look at her, gently kissing him on his lips Pragya whispers "I love you." "I love you, Pragya." Abhishek says hugging her. "I am sorry, Pragya. I can't. My hands will shake. I won't be able to operate on you." Abhishek tells crying. "I know, Abhishek. I knew it before itself." Pragya replies as she soothed him.

"Excuse me Dr. Mehra." A nurse said as she opened the door and walked in worriedly. Abhishek and Pragya break out of the hug and Abhishek quickly wipes of his tears. "Dr. Gupta is calling you. He asked you to meet him right now." "Okay." Abhishek replies and then looks at Pragya "I've to go." "Don't worry everything is going to be fine." Pragya replies smiling. Hesitantly smiling back at her Abhishek leaves.

Abhishek walked into Dr. Gupta's room to find Raghuveer Arora with him. Abhishek looks down as he couldn't look at both of them. One he had promised to save his daughter and other was his professor; he had let down both the men. "What the hell happened in the OT today, Dr. Mehra?" Dr. Gupta asks angrily. Abhishek remains quiet. "This action of yours could have ruined our hospital's reputation and it could have ruined your whole career. Luckily for you and us, Mr. Arora and Ms. Arora have decided not to complaint against you." Dr. Gupta lashes out at him. Abhishek turns to look at Raghuveer and says softly "I'm sorry." In reply Raghuveer gives him a sad smile then turning to Dr. Gupta Raghuveer says "Can I speak to Dr. Mehra alone?" "Sure. Dr. Mehra see me after that, and from now on I'll be handling Ms. Arora's case." Dr. Gupta curtly informs him.

Abhishek and Raghuveer were walking in the garden silently. After a while Raghuveer starts "Pragya knew that you won't be able to operate her. She said that is the reason she agreed for the operation." "What?" "She hadn't agreed for the operation till two days back." Raghuveer tells him. "I didn't know that." Abhishek replies shocked he had always assumed that Pragya had come here for the operation. "She came here to appease me but had never agreed for the operation. She never wanted to have the operation she feared that she might die on the operation table." "She will survive." Abhishek says desperately. "I want her to, but I'm her father and if she doesn't I want her last days to be filled with happiness." Raghuveer says tearfully. "I want to fulfill all her dreams, and now she has only one. And that is you." Raghuveer says looking at Abhishek, "I know you also love her and today she told me that she wants to marry you and she won't agree for the operation." "I'll marry her but not now after she is cured because I know she will be cured. Dr. Gupta is my professor, he will save her." Abhishek promises Raghuveer. "She asked me to give her two months of her life, so she can live with you and then she will happily agree for the operation and not before that." "Two months?" Abhishek asks shocked "As the time passes her condition will get more complicated and critical. I love her and also as her doctor I can't let that happen." Abhishek argues. "I am not a doctor, Abhishek, I am just a father who wants his daughter to live and die happily. She told me that if anything happens to her before her marriage then she won't die peacefully." Abhishek looks at Raghuveer helplessly then finally says "Pragya and I'll get married today if she wants it but her operation will happen as soon as possible." "She didn't agree to it when I told her that, she said that she wanted to live with you forever so at least allow her two months." "How can I do that?" Abhishek asks Raghuveer desperately. Folding his hands in front of Abhishek Raghuveer begs "All I'm asking is to grant my daughter two months of her life, please I want her to be happy." Abhishek holds Raghuveer's hand and with eyes filled with tears he gives in.

A while later Abhishek was sitting in Dr. Gupta's room having told his professor everything including this marriage to Pragya and apologized for forgetting the code of patient-doctor relation and getting close to a patient Abhishek was feeling much better and now he silently waited for his professor to say something. "When I heard of the rumors about you and her then itself I should have warned you then maybe none of this would have happened and you wouldn't have even got close to a dying girl." "She is not dying." Abhishek angrily says the very thought of a life without her was killing. Sighing sadly Dr. Gupta says "She has very little chances of surviving Abhishek." "Everybody has 100% chances of surviving." Abhishek argues. "That is the optimistic doctor in you speaking. Ms Arora has only 30% chances of surviving. And as a father I can understand why Mr. Arora wants you to marry her but you are like a son to me and I don't want you marrying her she doesn't have much time." "She will live, and I'll only marry her because I can't love anyone else." Abhishek says firmly. Accepting defeat Dr. Gupta changes the subject "Whole hospital knows what had happened in the OT, and I'm helpless and I've to take action against. You are one of the most promising surgeons and I don't want you to have any black marks, so I am not suspending you but you will have to take compulsory leave for 15 days." "What about my patients?" Abhishek asks shocked. "Other doctors will take over the urgent cases. Don't worry about them they'll all be fine." Dr. Gupta reassures Abhishek. Nodding his head Abhishek leaves from there.

After meeting each of his patients to personally inform them about the change in doctor and reassuring them that they were in safe hands Abhishek had gone to meet Pragya. Abhishek was now in clearer state of mind and he was determined to make Pragya understand that she had to go through her operation as soon as possible. But he had never realized how stubborn Pragya can be. In the end Abhishek had declared that they were getting married the very next day and end of two months she was coming back to the hospital for operation. Next day morning, Abhishek had come back to the hospital and spent about an hour talking to Dr. Gupta regarding Pragya's health and then another hour getting a thorough check up on Pragya done. In the afternoon in the temple they had a simple wedding with just Raghuveer and Dr. Gupta as the witness. After the wedding, Raghuveer along with Pragya moved into Abhishek's house. Abhishek had no family so he used to stay alone. The moment they reached home after the grahapravesh Abhishek had put Pragya on the bed and ordered her to rest. Pragya being tired after all the excitement of the day had slept off only to wake up at 8 in the evening. The moment Pragya woke up, Abhishek had fed her dinner and told her to go back to their bedroom.

Abhishek walked in to find Pragya crouched over her suitcase. "What are you doing, Pragya?" Abhishek asks her as he hurried towards her. "I was getting my medicines." Pragya replies. "I was coming for that right?" Abhishek gently scolds her and then gets her medicine bag from her suitcase and gives her medicines. "I thought I shouldn't get used to you giving me medicines so when you go to hospital I might forget to take it. So I thought I should get into the routine of taking my medicines." Pragya explains and Abhishek nods hearing her. "Which one is this?" Pragya asks frowning seeing the new medicine. Already the medicines that she was taking were making her drowsy half the time and she didn't want to add more to it. "Birth control pill." Abhishek explains. Pragya starts grinning widely then starts chuckling how Abhishek had been embarrassed and blushing when she had asked one of the doctor whether it was okay if she had physical intimacy with her husband. Pragya takes the tablets from him and gulps it down "Why were you laughing?" Abhishek asks smiling. "I was thinking of your reaction in the hospital." Pragya calls out as she walked into the washroom. Abhishek remembering that starts blushing, he couldn't believe Pragya had asked his colleague that and he knew by now the whole hospital would have found that out. She embarrassed him all the time but he loves her like crazy.

Fifteen days later Abhishek had rejoined hospital though he was happy to be back in the hospital his second home he was a little upset of having to leave Pragya. The last fifteen days every single second they had spent together, they did everything any normal couple would do. Pragya had insisted on it. And Abhishek couldn't say no to her and did everything that she wanted. They would go for drives, or walk in the beach, or simply laze around playing cards at home or they simply sit and talk with Raghuveer. Abhishek had even started teaching Pragya how to drive as Pragya desperately wanted to learn to drive. How he missed her. Abhishek wanted to kick himself for behaving like a love sick puppy. He is a doctor and he should behave like a responsible man and not love sick teenager. Hearing the clock chime he realized that it was time for his rounds.

Abhishek was at his first patient's room wondering where the nurse had gone off to. She was with him till he had entered the room and the moment he had entered she was missing. Suddenly the door opened and from the corner of his eyes he saw the nurse enter. He looks up to admonish her for her tardy behavior when his eyes widened in shock "Pragya?" "Sorry doctor, I'm late." Pragya says in a flirty way wearing a nurse's uniform. Abhishek walks towards her and asks in a low whisper "What are you doing here? Why aren't you at home in bed?" "You know how I always wanted to join you for rounds." Pragya whispers back smiling. "When we get back home I'm going to spank you." Abhishek says angrily. "Kinky! I like it." Pragya drawls. "Pra-chiiii" Suddenly grinning wickedly Pragya says loudly "No Dr. Mehra. I won't kiss you." "What?" Abhishek asks shocked looking at the patient and the by-stander. "Please Dr. Mehra you are married. And I'm not that type of a girl." Pragya says acting worried. "Stop it." Abhishek says in a warning tone. "How can you do this to your wife? She loves you so much." "Because my wife is a shrew who never listens to me." Abhishek says and then turns to look at the patient who was watching Abhishek and Pragya with a frown while Pragya gasps hearing Abhishek. "Is this a new nurse, doctor?" the patient casually asks. "Yes," Abhishek replies and then turning to Pragya he says smirking "Check his BP, and also take his blood sample." "Why the blood sample?" patient asks worriedly while Pragya looks even more worried. "BP? Blood? I don't know." Pragya says getting scared what if he really makes her do it? "You don't know? Who made you a nurse then?" Abhishek asks in mock anger. "Er.. i..." "Now you realize why she has to please me to stick onto her job right?" Abhishek asks his patient grinning. "Abhishek I'll call the nurse." Pragya says as she starts to walk off "No, Pragya I was just joking. Mr. Joseph meet my wife Pragya and Pragya this is Mr. Sam Joseph." Abhishek introduces them. After that, Pragya had accompanied Abhishek for the rest of the rounds sans the nurse. Once again Abhishek had fulfilled another small wish of Pragya.

One night Abhishek was waiting for Pragya on his bed as she had her medicines. After having her medicines Pragya had walked out saying she would be right back and few minutes later she had come back hiding her hand behind. Getting into bed she sat next to Abhishek and showed him a photo of herself "This is the sexy me before I lost weight." "Haa." Abhishek excitedly takes the photo from her and looks at it. "So what do you think?" Pragya asks looking at him. "You still don't hold a candle next to Sassy." Abhishek replies grinning. "Uff! My saut! I don't know what I'll do with her." Pragya says in fake jealousy and anger. "I don't think there is anything you can do." Abhishek replies back smiling. "You know, she might have forgotten you by now."Pragya says acting jealous. "She'll never forget me." Abhishek confidently says. "is that so?" Pragya asks him. "Yes." "Then..." Pragya says in a seductive tone as she rubbed her body on Abhishek's as her fingers started playing on his chest "I think I'll just make you forget her." "I doubt that also." Abhishek says though breathless. "Trust me Dr. Mehra, by the time I'm done with you, you won't even remember your name. All you will remember will be me." Pragya says as she started giving him teasing bites on his ear lobes. And she was true to her word.

The next one and a half month went happily for Raghuveer, Abhishek and mostly for Pragya. Abhishek everyday did regular check ups of Pragya twice, before he left for the hospital and once again when he comes back. Every chance Abhishek got, he tried to make Pragya agree for her operation but Pragya remained stubborn. One day Abhishek was checking Pragya when he noticed the changes, he starts frowning wondering how that was possible didn't she take her medicine?Maybe he was just misreading it. Abhishek went through her medicine kit, even counted it and everything looked fine. He decided to take Pragya to the hospital for a thorough check up anyway.

"Pragya, tomorrow when I go to the hospital you come with me." Abhishek tells her as she walked out of washroom after her shower. Hearing Abhishek she goes pale "Why? I thought I had two more weeks before the operation. I won't get admitted in the hospital for another two weeks." Pragya says stubbornly. Seeing her go pale Abhishek's heart go out to her, he knew how much she hated the hospitals and her stay there but she had to do it. "It is for just a check up." Abhishek assures her. Hearing that Pragya starts smiling and says "I got worried for a minute." Then suddenly Pragya starts frowning "Is everything alrite? You look tensed." "No... Everything is fine." Abhishek quickly replies. Something was wrong. Pragya knew it, she could sense it. She wondered what had Abhishek worried so much.

Much later, Abhishek was waiting for Pragya in their room. "What took you so long?" Abhishek asks the moment Pragya walked in. "I was talking to Papa." Pragya explains as she got into bed and hugged Abhishek. "What?" Abhishek asks as he snuggled her. "I was telling him to take care of you when I'm gone." Pragya says. "You are not going anywhere." Abhishek says angrily. "I thought you were making secret plans of shifting me to the hospital." Pragya teases him. "Oh! I did plan it long back but I knew it wouldn't work out." Abhishek informs her with a chuckle. "When I'm gone will you look after my Papa, Abhishek?" Pragya asks him worriedly. Though Abhishek wanted to argue with her these kind of talks the look on her face stopped him "He is my father too, Pragya." Pragya starts smiling hearing that "And take care of yourself. Always be happy and always keep others happy." Before Abhishek could actually promise her Pragya kisses him and they make love till the wee hours of the morning.

The moment Abhishek woke up he knew something was wrong. He felt empty, his bed, his room, his house, his life felt empty. He quickly got up and started looking around the house for Pragya. "Abhishek, where is Pragya?" Raghuveer asks him coming out of the bedroom. "I can't find her, Papa." Abhishek replies worriedly as he continued to look around. Then he found a paper kept on the table. With his heart in his throat Abhishek walked to it and picked it up.

Abhishek, Papa

I'm sorry I can't see you two watch me die. I'm leaving. Please don't look for me.

Love

Pragya.

Present day

It's been months since Pragya had left. Though Pragya had asked him not to look for her, he looked for her everywhere but she was nowhere to be found. After Pragya had left, Abhishek and Raghuveer had become closer both being each other's support. One lost his daughter while the other lost the love of his life, Pragya was the centre of their universe. Abhishek and Raghuveer were having breakfast when the phone started ringing. Abhishek picks up the phone. "Hello?" "Hello can I speak to Dr. Abhishek Prem Mehra please?" a female voice asked from the other side. "Speaking." Abhishek replies. "Sir, I'm calling from Lifeline Hospital, Ernakulam." "Kerala?" Abhishek asks confused. "Yes sir." "What is it?" "Sir... today early morning your wife passed away." the voice informed him hesitantly. The receiver fell out of his hand and he also fell on the floor shocked. "Abhishek... Abhishek... what happened?" Raghuveer asks him worried as he rushed to Abhishek's side. Abhishek looks at Raghuveer with tears flowing down and gently whispers "Pragya... Pragya..." "What happened to Pragya? Is she alright?" Raghuveer asks worried. Abhishek shakes his head sadly as he continued to chant his beloved's name "Pragya... she is gone." Abhishek finally manages to say and then he shouts out crying not even aware of Raghuveer's loud sobs.

"Abhishek." Raghuveer gently calls him as he kept a hand on his shoulder. Breaking out of his thoughts Abhishek looks up at Raghuveer. "Everything has been arranged. We have to leave now." Raghuveer informs him. Abhishek looks at him in shock. Everything arranged? Who had taken care of all that? The doctor had handed over Pragya's letter to him and another one to Papa. Last he saw Papa was reading that letter crying. Abhishek looks around and realizes that it's been hours since they have been here and not mere minutes. Nodding his head Abhishek gets up clutching onto the letter. As he walked he noticed them wheeling out Pragya's body, fresh tears started filling his eyes. "If I hadn't ran away from the OT that day she would have been alive." Abhishek tells Raghuveer regretfully. "If you had stayed in that OT that day she might have not lived this long." Raghuveer gently tells Abhishek, "and she might have not been born." Raghuveer says looking at the baby he was holding. Abhishek looks at the baby in Raghuveer's arms and suddenly gets angry "She had no right to do this." "Haan true, but she did and she is here now." Raghuveer says looking at the baby. "I don't want her." Abhishek says looking at the baby and walks away Pragya had died in child birth.

Abhishek insisted on staying with Pragya in the ambulance while Raghuveer came in the car with the baby. Abhishek leaning down gently kissed on Pragya's forehead. He was so angry with her, she shouldn't have left him, they were supposed to be together for life and she had left him halfway all alone. He wanted to shout at her, scream at her, hurt her but he didn't have the strength or will to do it. Abhishek wipes away his tears and that time he realized he was holding something and realizes it is Pragya's letter. He opens it again and tries to read it once more and this time he was able to read it.

So is it a boy or a girl?

Hi Abhishek! I know you would be angry with me and might even hate me and I don't blame you for that because I know where you are standing you are right. And I want you to understand that where I'm standing I'm right. I know you believed that I would survive but Abhishek the truth was there was very little chance of that happening. Maybe if I had agreed for the operation then I might still be alive and cured too but Abhishek there is a' might' there and I had to think of the 'might not'. What will Abhishek and Papa do if anything happens to me? What will happen to them? Will they be able to go on knowing I was no longer a part of their world? Abhishek, I know I mean everything to Papa and you, and someone had to think of a tomorrow without me, a life beyond me and I knew that someone had to be me. The only way to do that was to give you someone in my place for you both to live for. I knew you would never let me have a baby before my operation and I had to trick you. Never even once I took those birth control pills. Every night I threw away one instead of eating and if you were around I put the pills in my mouth but never swallowed it. The night before I left I realized that you got suspicious. I was not planning to leave you till the two months were over but then I had to leave you to save our baby, to bring our baby into this world otherwise you would have forced me to abort my baby and I couldn't do that. I know Abhishek, you would be angry with me for staying away from you for all these months and missing out on all those moments which we could have been together but for me a few moments of happiness was worth sacrificing for a lifetime of joy, a reason for living, for a meaningful life. Abhishek always remember life is to be lived not just merely spent, don't stop living because I'm gone.

I don't think I'll be able to talk about our baby without my eyes filling up. I wished I could watch our baby grow up, smile, take that first step, speak that first word. I just wish I could hold our baby at least for once. Abhishek, if I was never able to hold our baby then just hold him/her for me and that will be the moment my baby will be the closest to me. I hope you don't hold our baby responsible for all this. He/she is not. Please don't turn your back on our baby. And please remember Abhishek that I live in you and when you are with our baby I'm with our baby. Abhishek, if it is a boy name him Niranjan it means pure and our baby will be as pure as our love. If it is a girl, I wanted to name her after my saut (Who I strongly believe has forgotten you) Sahasra but then I know how madly in love you are with me (after all I'm the sexy babe) and you'll name her Pragya. So I'm not going to say anything on that.

My eyes are filling up I can't write any more. I love you, Abhishek. Take care of Papa and tell our baby that I love him/her.

Love

Pragya.

P.s: Tell your superiors not to break their head over how I survived for so long, it was my sheer determination to bring our baby into this world, your love and Papa's prayers.

Abhishek folded the letter and his eyes went up to Pragya. He gently cupped her face in his hands and whispers "I love you, Pragya." and gently kisses her.

Hours later, Raghuveer was in the kitchen as he filled the bottle with milk. They had reached Mumbai three hours ago, and after Pragya's cremation he had come back home with the baby while Abhishek had gone off somewhere not looking at his daughter even for once. And luckily for Raghuveer his granddaughter had slept through out the journey and the funeral just waking up twice for her milk. Now she was up once again and demanding for her milk. Raghuveer hurriedly closed the bottle and ran towards the room to feed her when suddenly she stopped crying. Curious Raghuveer ran a little faster and when he reached the room without even realizing he starts smiling in relief. Abhishek was holding the baby and looking at her with so much love. Raghuveer walked towards them and realized why the baby had stopped crying, she was now sucking on Abhishek's thumb. Abhishek looks up at Raghuveer eyes filled with love and amazement. "She looks just like Pragya." "When Pragya was born she looked exactly like her." Raghuveer informs Abhishek and uncapping the bottle he moved it towards his granddaughter's mouth and Abhishek moved away his hand. As Abhishek held his daughter Raghuveer fed his granddaughter. Watching his daughter drink the milk Abhishek bends down and gently kisses her forehead and softly calls his daughter her name "Pragya."

~*~*~* End *~*~*~

Please vote and comment

- Lazy

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

81.6K 2.5K 4
When his brother runs away, RK has to step in as the groom and marry Madhubala. Cover Courtesy : ImOrginal aka Nithya
62.1K 3K 8
Madhu and RK call off their wedding the night before their engagement, only to start falling for each other the very same night. Cover Courtesy : Im...
43.6K 1.7K 4
A crazy story dealing with a crazy couple. Cover Courtesy : ImOrginal aka Nithya
30.2K 1.1K 3
RK is in love with the girl he has been seeing near his friend's house. Now it is time for him to go home for 2 months summer holidays and he has jus...