Thick and Thin [l. hemmings]

By 5sosidk

'thought you'd be there through thick and thin' _____________ "I don't want to lose you, Kelsey." "You alread... More

Thick and Thin
playlist & cast
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
epilogue
authors note

fifty-eight

288 8 7
By 5sosidk

"Good morning." I yawn, walking out into the common area.

Luke turns around to face me, as he was just pouring himself a cup of coffee. He holds the red mug tightly in his hands as he smiles at me, "Morning."

I sit on one of the stools at the kitchen island, across from where Luke is standing. Rubbing my eyes, I sigh.

"Tired?" He asks, quietly chuckling at me before taking a sip of his coffee.

"A little. I slept a decent amount. What are you dressed up so nice for this early on a Saturday?"

"I have to head to the office for a couple hours. I sometimes gotta run in on weekends."

"Oh, wow."

"Do you have any sort of wedding things today?" He questions, placing his mug on the island.

I shake my head, "Not that I'm aware of, but Kiana might end up calling me for something, though."

"Okay, well, I gotta head out. Help yourself to anything, okay?" Luke says, quickly finishing off the small amount of coffee he had poured himself.

"Uh, yeah, okay."

He heads towards the door, grabbing his keys. He grabs the door handle and looks back at me, "You okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah."

"I can call my team and let them know I'm not going in, they can handle it on their own-"

"No! Go get your work done!" I chuckle, waving him off.

"Okay, see you later." He smiles, heading out the door.

I sigh, resting my head on the island.

Trying to figure out what I'm going to do today, I grab my phone to see what's up.

I have no new texts or missed calls and I groan, wishing somebody would have reached out. I don't want to bug Kiana and Harrison since the wedding is so soon.

Deciding to go for a walk, I quickly get ready for the day. I don't want to just sit here in Luke's apartment on my own, so I figured heading out for a walk and seeing where I end up would be best.

I take Luke's spare key to its place at the front and head out. Luke's place is so nice and it's right downtown. A lot of people hate walking downtown, but I love it. I don't make it far, I head into a bakery to grab something to eat. Though I could've just had the coffee Luke had already made, I buy myself one along with my breakfast and sit at one of the three tables inside the small shop.

Finally I get a text, and it's from Calum.

'I'm bored'

'what are you doing'

I giggle, shaking my head at him.

'currently out eating breakfast, not even sure what this place is called'

'I'll send my location if you wanna meet up with me'

I send him my location, before putting my phone down, waiting for his reply.

'I'm already out and I'm not far so I'll see you in a few'

Smiling, I put my phone down before taking a sip of my coffee. While waiting for Calum, i finish food and my coffee.

"Kels, hi!" Calum says, sitting across from me.

"Hey, wanna go on a walk?" I ask, right after he sits.

He laughs, "Sure, yeah."

I grab my things, Calum as well. We both walk out the door and into the sun. I follow him as he starts waking up the sidewalk.

"Luke abandoned you this morning?"

I nod, "I get it, he's gotta work. I also don't think I want to spend every single second with him anyway."

He laughs, "I get it, he can be annoying."

"It's not just that. I need alone time. I need to figure shit out. I don't know."

"If he ever bothers you, let me know." Calum says, a lot more serious than he just was.

"Of course. I wouldn't put up with it. He's already in shit with me. I'm holding him the highest standard I ever have."

"Good. I do believe he's changed and it's great he's trying to fix things with you. But if he pushes it too far I will kill him."

"Thanks for being so supportive. I didn't really hear much from you for a while after the breakup happened and I really thought I had lost you. I thought you 'took his side' in it." I tell him, using air quotes around took his side. I don't want to accuse him of anything, and it's not like you have to pick sides in a situation like this.

Calum stops us in the middle of the sidewalk, "I'm sorry. I know I definitely seemed that way. I just really needed to support Luke. I knew what he did to you was awful. But I also saw how torn up he was. He's my best friend."

"Don't worry, Cal. I get it. I'm glad we're close again and that we don't let Luke get in the way of that." I tell him, nudging him so we can keep walking.

"Okay. As long as you're not upset with me."

"No! Never! It's all good here." I let him know, smiling over at him quickly.

"Hey, we're pretty much back at Luke's, do you wanna just head there?" Calum asks while we're stopped at a crosswalk.

"Yeah, that's fine." I nod, as we begin walking again.

-

"Kels, I was gone way longer than I thought, I'm sorry I left you here." Luke starts as he bursts through the door, tossing his keys. "I'm- Cal?"

Calum waves when Luke looks over and spots him, "I was bored and wanted to hang with her."

Luke chuckles, "Of course. What do you guys want for dinner? It's on me, I'll order now."

I chuckle, "Calum only ever wants pizza, so..."

"Yes! Let's go with that!" Calum exclaims.

As he shakes his head, Luke laughs, "I'm on it."

The two of us make eye contact, Luke's smile getting even bigger as I laugh. He waves his phone as he walks off to put in the order.

Giggling, I look over at Calum who's tapping away at his phone.

"The energy between you two is fucking insane." Calum says, dropping his phone in his lap, immediately looking up at me.

"What?"

"You two are going to fuck. Like, it's gonna be intense."

"What the fuck!" I yell, leaning over to playfully smack his arm.

He laughs, laughing so hard that he's hunched over trying to catch his breath.

"It's not funny! Why would you say that?" I exclaim, quieter this time.

"Look at how you look at each other!" He replies, taking deep breaths to relax himself.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"There's so much tension there that it turns me on."

"Ew! Stop!" I grimace, my face scrunching up in disgust.

"I'm kidding! Sort of. But I swear, within a couple days after Kiana's wedding, you're going to end up having sex with him. Weddings do that to people."

"I promise you, it won't happen." I tell him, shaking my head.

"I promise you, it will."

"Enough!" I chuckle, just wanting him to shut up.

"What did I miss?" Luke asks, joining us after ordering our food.

"Nothing. Just discussing the wedding." Calum lies.

Luke nods, "I see."

"Anyway, any other plans for tonight?" Calum asks.

"I was actually going to see if you guys would wanna do one of our old game nights?" Luke questions, as both Calum and I smiling right away. "I guess that's a yes?"

"Fuck yes." Calum cheers, running off, clearly going to grab a game.

I just laugh, knowing we're going to have a great night.

-

After dinner and some games, Calum left. He was going to meet up with some girl. So Luke and I curled up on opposite ends of the couch. He puts on the first show that pops up on Netflix.

"Remember how we used to watch this?"

I let out a quiet chuckle, "How I Met Your Mother was our show."

Luke smiles at me, before turning to the TV.

"I haven't watched it since." I tell him, starting to pay more attention to the TV.

"Really? This is what I always go back to."

I shrug, "Ashton and I like to watch really bad reality TV a lot. I also related How I Met Your Mother to you, and Seattle. I don't think I would've been able to watch it."

"Fuck-"

"Sorry! I'm not trying to make you feel guilty. I'm trying to work through all this." I interrupt not wanting to hear him apologize again.

"I feel horrible." He replies, frowning at me.

I slide over, closer to him, "Luke, listen. Yeah, I'm still weary of you. But, again, I'm working on it. I'm sorry."

He nods, "I get it, yeah. It's okay."

I nervously move closer to Luke, grabbing his arm that's closest to me, and wrapping it around me. I curl into his side, closing my eyes.

"Kels, uh-"

"I cuddle with my friends all the time." I tell him, already knowing what he's going to say.

"None of your friends are your ex."

"I'm sorry." I mutter, going to move away.

"Wait- I didn't say you needed to move."

I smile, curling back up in my spot. Luke gets more comfortable as well, pulling me closer.

"It's like I never left." I mumble to myself, extremely confused.

"Hmm?" Luke hums, as if he were asking me to repeat myself.

"Nothing." I reply, taking a deep breath as I relax in Luke's arms.

This wasn't how I expected this trip to go. I wasn't supposed to be cuddling with Luke at midnight while we watch shows we used to love watching together. I knew this trip would be great to figure out what I wanted. I knew it would be helpful. But this isn't what I thought. I didn't expect this.

Though I felt like I was going to start panicking from overthinking, I was able to calm myself down, to the point I fell asleep in Luke's arms.

_______________________

ok I was going to wait longer to update but hi I hope it's ok

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 52 15
Imagines about 5sos and all that stuff Requests are open!
215K 2.9K 36
It's all in the title :)
19.9K 650 30
"you're really afraid of falling, aren't you?" "you have no idea."