Queen Manikarnika

By AnitaBadei

"Marry you?" She asked clearly astonished. "It's not by will." He said to his defense. "Then who's forcing yo... More

A/N
Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
EPILOGUE
DREAM AGENCY
LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT
A/N
A/N

57

1.6K 46 0
By AnitaBadei

BAHLIKA KINGDOM
INDIA

MANIKARNIKA POV

I set off immediately to where he instructed me.

I found an advanced man there, he too had that scar. he lived with his family.

"I've got a message from your leader, he said to give this to you." I brought my hand forward, he looked at me and then my hand then shook his head. "I retired, I don't do this job anymore. He promised me."

"But we really need your help."

"No." He said with finality, "you may take your leave."

"Do you know who you're speaking to?!" I yelled at him. "I am...."

"Queen Manikarnika." He said instead. "I don't care."

I looked over at where his wife and children were, they are so happy together and am sure he wouldn't want to leave this.

"You've got a lovely family."

"Don't think about threatening me with my family." I suddenly brought out a knife he's been hiding.

My heart raised.
"No am not like that believe me. I don't want to threaten you with your family, am only admiring them. There so happy together and I actually wish that just one day I'll be in a family like that." I felt the tear rolling down my cheeks. How I'll give anything to be part of a family like that.

He returned his knife.

"You know there's war today right because on my way I found Bahlika very quiet." He nodded. "King Arnav don't have many loyal soldiers, he can get killed and this kingdom will lose her king and another king will rule, a wicked one because you see this all there plan but it can't happen because because because." I sobbed. "Because everything will go wrong and your family, they won't...."

"It's okay." He interrupted. "I know it all. I'll go but not for this kingdom or her king but for my family." He took the letter from my hand.

"Thank you."

*****

I did not return back but instead I went to the palace. I need to get Arnav to safety as well and am the only one that can do that. I won't sit and wait.

On my way, I saw king Singh and his army marching straight to the palace. They armed their selves with gun.

Arriving at the palace gate, it was locked in. I immediately remembered the other way in through the back gate so I went there and got in.

Everywhere was silent, like nobody lived here.

"Manu?" I heard my name being called. I looked up and saw Arnav up in palace. Looking closer, I saw soldiers hiding there with their bow and arrow, ready to shoot.

"Arnav!" He gestured for me to climb up which I did. "Arnav." I went and hugged him. "You are not safe here. Let's go, I've sent for more soldiers to help fight them but you need to be safe."

"Manu are you okay?" He ignored all I said.

"Am fine Arnav! But you need to be safe. King Singh, he's coming here armed with gun too."

"I have to set matters straight Manu, he believes I killed his daughter but it was actually Vihaan. You know Vihaan? The man that...."

"I know Vihaan Arnav, I've gotten my memory back." I freed myself from his hold. "I remember even what you did."

"Am sorry Manu, I will never commit such a mistake again. I promise. It's just that I was getting tired."

"Listen Arnav, this is not the time. But I need did to clear this, king Singh is apart of vihaan's and his daughter conspiracy. He's the one who involved his daughter even and am sure he knows you're not the real killer but his ambition is getting the better of him."

"Wow, I never thought you could say anything other than his a traitor and needs to be punished." He laughed and I slapped his head. "Ouch! You're still immature though."

Our heads turned together, we saw King Singh and his soldiers approaching the palace.
"We need to get out of here." I announced.

"No. When I thought you died I haven't been a true king to the people of Bahlika and if today I can free them from that ambitious man no matter the cost then I'll do it to make up for all I've done and including to you." He got me on his hold again and caressed my cheeks. "I must be brave like you and besides, I'll be a coward if I left my fights for my soldiers to fight." He smiled sweetly at me, making all my worries evaporate as if it wasn't there before.

"Well I said I won't leave without you, and I have a duty as the Queen of this kingdom so I'll stay with you."

"Never!" He retorted bitterly. It was like all the light and colors drained from him. "Do you really think I'll let you stay here and get killed?"

"I won't leave."

"I wasn't asking."

"Then you'll have to carry me all the way to safety because I won't leave on my own and if any of your guards come near me, I'll stab me. You know am not joking."

"Manu!"

I backed him. "You better start informing me about the battle plan."

"What will you do? All you can do is shoot arrows."

"Then that's what I'll do." I collected one of the soldiers bow and some arrows. "So what's the plan?"

"King Singh told me it's either him or me, one of us must die today. This war will not end until one of us dies so you have to leave!"

Then the idea hit me.

"One of you must go, then it's him." I collected an arrow and targeted his head.

"Manu that's too far, you'll miss and give us away." Arnav warned.

"Trust me Arnav." I said, I let go of the arrow and it flew through the distance. It went straight to my target without missing and shot him in his head.

I smiled.

"This will end the war!" I exclaimed.

"How-how did you?" Arnav gasped but I only smiled. All my practice payed off. And also I had excellent vision.

But then we heard shooting, not of arrows but guns and it was coming to our direction.

We ducked and took shelter.

"We have taken down their leader, why are they still attacking?" I asked confused. My fear returned immediately.

"I don't know." Arnav stretched his head out to see what was happening. "It's Vikram. He's leading them and they're shooting at us." He brought his head back. "You are no longer safe here Manu, go and keep yourself safe. Please."

But I shook my head.

"Please!" He begged, I could see fear in his eyes. "I don't want to ever hear anything bad happen to you. Please. I can't take it."

I felt so ashamed, I've been selfish but all I wanted is to protect him and save Bahlika but it seems I failed. "But I too won't be able to bear if anything happens to you." I cried. "I love you too Arnav!"

He smiled and hugged me then he just stared at me before finally bringing his head closer and rested it on my forehead. "This will not be the end, I promise because before I'll go I must full fill my obligations as a husband to you. All of them. So we shall see again."

*****

I crawled down the stairs, Vikram and his soldiers were already at the front gate so I went to the back, keeping my head down so I don't get it blown off.

I found the passage door and was about opening it when it opened on its own.

Vihaan crawled out of it and stood in front of me. We should have blocked all this passage. Arnav must have told him about them.

I regret not carrying at least a knife with me.

"So this is where you are." He smirked.

"You will die for all you've done."

"We'll see." He dragged me along to where he was going. "Seize fire." He ordered and the shooting stopped.

"Stop that Vihaan!" I heard Arnav shout.

"Come down here and let's settle this like men." Vihaan shouted back. "Or else." He made me rest on him then he placed his sword at my throat.

"Am coming!"

Arnav came down with all of his soldiers. They were much but compare to vihaan's, they don't stand a chance.

"Surrender Arnav, we won." He said.

"Let Manu go." Arnav ordered.

"No. This woman gives me alot if headaches that you can't even imagine. I'll be saving myself any future problems if I kill her now." He threatened to cut me.

"No!" It was from Arnav but not only him. "What are you doing?" Vikram placed his sword on Vihaan's neck. "Release her. This is not part of the plan."

He released me.

"Calm down, I wasn't actually going to kill her."

"Stay away from her." Vikram dragged me to his side and slowly brought down his sword.

"Are you okay Maha?" He asked me.

"No." I replied. "And my name isn't Maha but Manu!"

"Have you really let him brain wash you?"

"Vikram I've gotten my memory back."

"It doesn't matter, just look outside. We're winning and he's losing. He can't give you anything. I love you Maha laxmi."

"And I love you too but as a brother, please stop this." I said in spite of hearing Arnav continuously clearing his throat.

"Is this what we're going to do?" Vihaan grumbled.

"Exactly, she doesn't love you so deal with it." Arnav shouted all the way. He had a smug look. What a childish king.

"Shut up you moron." Vikram shouted back and was about to charge at him when we all heard the noise of our soldiers fighting outside. Gun fired repeatedly, arrows flew and men shouted and whined.

We rushed out through the main palace gate. We had to duck when we got out because of the careless arrows and shots flying around.

"What's going on?!" Vihaan shouted. Another soldiers were fighting his and through the distance I saw King Paith.

He is one of father's good friend before. I believe this is the back up the old man sent for.

King Paith soldiers were much and are clearly winning. I smiled to myself and was about to say something before I felt a sword at my throat again.

"What are you doing? We agreed no using her as bait." Vikram shouted.

"Yes, but she rejected you already, what more do you want and besides it's for our own good." Vihaan shouted back.

"Leave her alone!" I heard Arnav say as well but refrained back when Vihaan threatened to cut me.

"Nobody come near me or else I'll kill her." He threatened but suddenly let go of me and fell down. I turned to see and saw Queen Adhira and the old man smiling at us. The man was holding a bow.

I smiled back at them.

Arnav drew out his sword and immediately held it in front of Vikram.

"Surrender!" I quickly said before Arnav could do anything. "Please Vikram, surrender. It's clear that you're losing now."

_________

Why does this chapter have to be so long?! (Groaning) glad am done though.

Anyways good bye.

Wait wait wait. It isn't really good bye, at least not now, we still have one more part together.❤️

Thanks for reading,

Anita💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 5.4K 34
Till Series: Part 3 Highest Rank #6 "I'm going to be a queen! Bow before me, sister." Her sister smirked. Ada held her head high. She will not bow to...
1.1M 143K 69
Yaduvanshi series #2 A second chance romance If you want to read a story which make your eyes weep and heart bleed but then make you giggle and shy...
2.7K 144 9
Shivansh exclaimed,"I have been the devil ruling the hell throughout my life but she made me feel what it is to hold the heaven in my hands." ~ "Keep...
359K 13.5K 49
It's a story about pratiksha, an innocent girl from a middle-class family. She falls in love with a wrong guys , but her destined one turns to be a b...