Thick and Thin [l. hemmings]

By 5sosidk

'thought you'd be there through thick and thin' _____________ "I don't want to lose you, Kelsey." "You alread... More

Thick and Thin
playlist & cast
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
epilogue
authors note

fifty-four

261 7 4
By 5sosidk

"Calum!" I exclaim, the second I open up my hotel room door.

"Kelsey!" He smiles, pulling me into a quick hug, squeezing me tight.

"I'm so happy to see you." I happily sigh, moving out of the way so he can actually enter the hotel room.

"I'm so happy you're back. I'm glad we can hang out."

Chuckling, I nod, "I know. So am I. I've been looking forward to this for a while, trust me."

"Okay, I'm not that exciting."

"You are probably the most relaxed, drama free person I know right now."

"Oh really? I find that hard to believe."

I let out a deep breath, "Trust me. If only you knew."

"Well, if you'd like to talk about it over our lunch, I'd be more than happy to discuss." Calum tells me, smiling as he watches me collect my things so that we can leave.

"Oh, you don't want to hear about it." I scoff, lightly chuckling as I look up to him as if to say I was ready to go.

Calum holds the door open for me, then follows me out, "I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to hear about it."

I sigh, a little worried about getting into everything. But maybe it'll be good for me to talk it through with somebody who isn't involved in anything?

"Yeah, maybe. Let's just get there first." I reply, pressing the elevator button to head to the lobby.

Calum lightly chuckles, "Okay. I get if you're not comfortable talking about whatever it is."

The two of us just have causal small talk on our way to the restaurant. It wasn't much, catching up on how school finals went.

When we finally sit at the restaurant, we're at a table tucked away in the back which was nice. It was quieter back here.

"So, if you're ready for some drama..."

"Fuck yes. Let's go." Calum smiles, leaning forward in his chair. He seems extremely excited to hear what's been going on.

I'm not sure exactly how much I'm willing to tell him. It'll make me, and possibly him, uncomfortable at some points.

"I don't even know where to start. Uh, I really haven't kept you updated on my life at all since I was last here. So, I guess to begin, Michael and I aren't together anymore."

"Shit, Kels, I'm sorry."

"Oh, it's okay. It's been a while. He actually ended it last time I was in Seattle. I had never told him I was married, I mean, I was still legally married. So when he found my wedding ring he had a lot of questions."

"I mean, that's understandable, I guess. But he knew you weren't with Luke, right?" Calum asks, seeming very interested in the disaster that is my life.

"Yeah. I obviously wouldn't have been with him. I tried to explain it to him but he wasn't having it. Then, uh, I guess Luke probably told you, but I got drunk and I kissed him."

"What!" Calum yells, before looking around the restaurant to see if he had accidentally attracted any unwanted attention.

"Okay... so maybe Luke didn't tell you?"

"No he certainly did not!" He quietly exclaims, leaning closer to me over the table.

"Oh. So, yeah. I uh, I was drunk. That's a bigger deal than it seems because I'm sober. I'd rather not discuss that. But anyway, yeah. I ended up telling Michael obviously. And again, obviously, he was not happy."

"Shit, Kels. That sucks. I'm so sorry."

We pause our conversation when the waiter asks what we'd like to drink. I just get a soda and Calum gets a beer.

"Yeah. But I understand. It was my fault. I was questioning if being with him was right. I've come to accept it." I tell him, shrugging my shoulders.

"Damn, I see what you mean." He mutters, thinking that's the end of my story.

"Oh, Cal. I'm not finished." I lightly chuckle, shaking my head at him.

"What? Are you serious?"

I nod, "I haven't told you that Ashton and I hooked up the week after Michael and I broke up."

"What! No you didn't? Like, hooked up?"

"Yes, we had sex, Calum." I groan, rolling my eyes, "God."

"How much drama did that cause?"

I sigh, "Well, uh... I ended up pregnant."

"You're pr-"

"Please don't say anything. Please." I beg, "I lost the baby."

"Shit. Oh my god, Kelsey. I'm so sorry."

"It's- uh, it's okay. It's still hard, but, I'm okay." I weakly smile. "Anyways. Michael found out Ashton and I were expecting and he really didn't take it well. As expected."

"I'm so sorry."

"Please don't apologize. Please don't feel bad for me. It's just nice to open up to you about everything because you're not involved in any of it. I'm sorry. I know this is a lot of girl talk, you probably wish I did this with Kiana. It's just because of the wedding, so-"

"Kels! I'm glad you trust me with things like this. It would be great to help you through this. You clearly have a lot going on."

"I do. It's nice to talk with you. Oh, Nina had also stopped talking to me for a few days after I told her and Kyle about how Luke and I were married. But, yeah, I think that's it?"

"Fuck..."

"So... yeah! How've you been?" I smile, laughing at this whole thing.

"How are you laughing?" He chuckles, motioning his hands towards me.

I shrug, "It's all just so fucking insane. It honestly feels good to talk about it."

"Wow."

Our conversation stops once again so we can both order our food. Calum got another beer as well. He's clearly struggling with all this drama.

"Luke really didn't tell you that I kissed him? Don't lie to me, Cal."

"He really didn't! I'm shocked, honestly! He told me that you're officially divorced. He told me he saw you when he was in LA. But he never said anything about you two crossing any lines of friendship."

"Wow. I thought he would've told you right away."

"I guess he's learned his lesson. He seems to be growing up." Calum replies, still seeming shocked.

"I haven't told him I'm back, yet. He still thinks I'm only coming next week. I figured I should take some time for myself." I shrug, a sigh falling past my lips.

Calum nods, agreeing with me, "I think that's a good idea."

"So, yeah, anyway, how are you?"

"Uh, honestly? Just trying to process everything you just told me. That's how I am." He laughs, shaking his head as if he's in disbelief, "I haven't been up to anything this wild. You know, just finishing classes."

"I'm sorry for throwing so much at you." I laugh, acting as if none of this has phased me. Going over everything that's happened to me recently just sends me into panic mode.

"Honestly I love it. Free entertainment." He chuckles, "Seriously though, Kels, if there's anything you need to expand on, feel free. This stuff is obviously not easy."

I shrug, "I'm getting better at handling this." Though that's not necessarily true, I really don't want to make Calum listen to all of this. "If you have any questions, go ahead."

"So, first, am I allowed to call Luke out for not telling me? I need to hear it from him."

I laugh, "Go ahead. I'm curious as to why he  didn't tell you."

"Second, um, are you okay?" He asks nervously, worried he'd trigger something in me.

"Sort of? I've dealt with so much shit and it's always painful. But at the moment it's just all so numb to me. I'm trying my best to block everything out because I'm here for Kiana and her wedding. Please don't worry about me."

"Okay. Just promise me when you need to talk, that you'll reach out."

I smile, nodding at him, "Of course."

_______________________

hopefully this is okay idk I'll be back in a couple days

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 13.5K 199
A series of 5sos preferences. Request are open updating at least 3 times a week. Vote, comment, and follow PLEASE. Most will be from tumblr ill let y...
616 40 20
Please enjoy your stay. Your secrets are safe with us.
61.6K 730 71
all in the title
32.7K 835 89
Just some preferences and imagine I like to do on 5SOS