Their Queen

By aspera_xx

Juliette moved state, with everything new and threatening, she seeked solace in the embrace of three, otherwo... More

ᴊᴜʟɪᴇᴛᴛᴇ's ᴀᴇsᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄs
ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ's ᴀᴇsᴛᴇᴛɪᴄs
THE TRIO
1-Spilled addiction
2-ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴡ
3- ғʟᴜsᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ
4- ᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴛ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ ᴀɴɢʟᴀɪs
5-ʀᴜɪɴ
6- ғᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀɪᴛʏ
7- ʀᴇᴀʟɪsᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
8- ᴀᴠᴏɪᴅɪɴɢ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs
9- ᴠᴇʀɪᴛʏ ᴋɪssᴇs
11- ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴏᴇs ɴᴏᴛ sɪᴍᴘʟʏ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ɢᴏ
ʙᴏɴᴜs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1
12- ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪs
13- ᴀʙꜱᴏʟᴜᴛᴇʟʏ ɴᴏᴛ
14- ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ɪᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴜʀᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅ?
15-ᴘʀᴇʏ
16-ᴘʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴡᴀʀᴅꜱ
17-Bubbles and Absence
18-Sweet Seduction
19-Nightmares on loop
20-Dinner Plans
21-Something more
22- Sensation
23-Solitication
24-Magnanimous
25-Blue
26- Electrified
27- Recollection
28- Thoughts
Summary so far-READ BEFORE CH 29
29-Space
30-Candid talks
31- Minutes in heaven

10- ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

56.2K 1.6K 695
By aspera_xx

Nerve wracked, I reached the principal's office and was ushered to the direction of his office. I didn't know what this was about.

Knocking firmly, after hearing him call 'come in', I entered, my hands gripping onto my folder which I held protectively in front of me.

"Miss Nova, sit," he commanded, not looking up from his screen. His spectacles glistened and I gulped.

Good god.

This was terrifying. Like out of the blue too?

"I was supposed to have this meeting a bit earlier but I was caught up," he continued, looking up finally without a smile. "I assume your first week went well."

I could only nod in response, I don't think it was up for question.

"After the Christmas break, there will be a shift in schedules in line for the training season. But prior to that, it's essential that you select two extracurricular activities." He then passed me a pamphlet. "By tomorrow morning, send your two options to my secretary so you can be fit in with the other students."

I could feel myself relax, so it wasn't too bad.

"Yes, sir."

"Any questions?"

"What's the training season?" I asked delicately, I couldn't remember reading about it anywhere and it sounded so ominous.

"Every student here needs to pass the requirements in order to inherit their respective companies and we alter the curriculum. In your case, I will designate a career advisor to assist you," he explained, "One of the requirements is that you can dedicate yourself to something that isn't your chosen field. I suggest you choose something that you can immerse yourself in so perhaps expand on your interests. You mentioned ballet, I recall."

"Yes, I did. I understand.I'll get back to you as soon as." I answered.

He gestured for me to leave the room, marking the end of the conversation.

I mean I went to maybe five rehearsals so I wasn't amazing, a total beginner.

And the reason I stopped.......their death. I lost their support, their encouragement. Honestly,I promise I did my best but I was definitely not a natural. What was supposed to a way of boosting my self-confidence only shattered me even more.

Made me feel insecure.

I didn't have the body of a ballet dancer. But I wanted to learn how to do so because of the beauty and elegance of the dances.

I guess I wanted to feel beautiful for once.

Even more, I guess I felt pity for myself.

So I didn't fight it and stopped going to recitals.

I was now pacing towards our room where I had a free.

I needed to see them, at least one of them. These negative thoughts that I thought I had under lock and key were spewing out uncontrollably.

As soon as I opened the room, I could see Alaric standing in the middle of the room, looking at his phone. At the sound of my frantic footsteps, he looked up in surprise.

I hugged him, wrapping my arms around his abdomen. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close, gently rubbing it. Despite the heaviness in my stomach, it fluttered at the feeling of my body pressed against his. I sunk into the warmth of his side, appreciative of the simple gesture. He was like a marshmallow.

The wicked inner voice in me chirped up 'But you can feel his muscles too right? That's definitely not soft"
I blushed at my train of thoughts and was ever so thankful that my face was covered as he would definitely question it.

"What's this about?" he asked, his voice husky.

"Nothing," I mumbled, "I just wanted a hug." I sighed my appreciation and complimented him "You're an amazing hugger."

He then quietly responded, "It's been a long time since I've hugged someone." I gasped in shock, how did he survive? I knew I couldn't.

That was so so sad.

"Not even Raphael or Darius?" my brow furrowed.

He scoffed loudly, "Fuck, no. They know better, I'd kill them if they touched me." I giggled at the threat in his voice, he really wasn't a touchy-feely person and it was obvious.

He wouldn't kill me but then again you never know.

Cheerfully, "You have me now! I am going to give you all the hugs in the world." I exclaimed, looking up at him to see his obsidian orbs.

He hummed in response, bending down to softly kiss me.

The thought hit me and I break away from his lips, gasping.

"Marshmallow!"I said, pulling away so I could look at him properly. He raised an eyebrow in response, probably wondering why the heck I was talking about sweets. Oh well. He knows I am crazy. "Marshmellow!" I repeated in, clapping my hands in glee. "It's perfect, that's what I am gonna call you!"

His face was probably the funniest thing ever, it contorted into his definition of horror.

I laughed merrily at his reaction before he slowly muttered, "Why call me by that sweet thing?"

"Cause you're sweet and squidgy and squishy!" I explained as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Behind his grumpy face, he was super sweet and kind. And he gave the best squishy hugs.

And I absolutely adored marshmallows.

"I am not squidgy, or sweet as a matter of fact." He clearly hated the idea. "What does squidgy or squishy even mean?"

Actually good question. Like you know when you know what something means but then you can't explain it 'cause it's a literal fact. You just know the word and its part of your language.

Huffing, I reply " Don't ask me, I'm not a dictionary. But it's a good thing!"

Standing on my tiptoes, I pinched his cheeks playfully, grinning. I eyed his pale pink lips that reminded me of a rosebud.

Hesitantly, I pecked his lips once and pulled back to survey his reaction, smiling shyly.

He just gazed at me.

Some gazes are the promise of protection, his was all that and more.

Adoration.

I blushed, waiting for his response. He leaned forwards, connecting our lips once more. His kiss, passionate, full of primal desire.

As our lips crushed together, I felt like I was walking on air.

I pulled back to say something, his lips brushed mine saying "What now?"

Now that I think about it "No nothing, I forgot." I giggled against his lips. He shook his head.

He gave me one last kiss, before pulling me to the sofa and I curled up next to him, my head resting on his strong shoulder and my hand clasped in his.

"So, what was troubling you?" he asked.

"You know how you need to do two extracurriculars?"

He looked at me as if to say continue.

"Well, I was deciding on the options."

"What are you looking at?"

"Art perhaps. I am not musical or sporty so not those ones. What do you do?

"Boxing. And polo."

"You can ride a horse! I did ride a donkey once but it's probably not the same experience, then I fell off." I blabbered energetically.

"What other option were you opting for?"

"Umm, the thing is the only other one that you know actually "calls to me" is ballet but I had only 5 lessons or so" forming the quotation marks with my hands.

"Ok then, why are you deliberating?"

"I just..I don't know."

"Tell me, sweetheart."

He turned me towards him fully so I was sitting in his lap, tilting my head up to make his intense eye contact to force me to spill.
Placing my hands on his shoulder, I sighed before answering, my voice quiet "it's just that I remember feeling so alienated, I wasn't very good and I was a bit different. My parents were always there to keep morale high ,but I just sort of gave up on it."

"What do you mean by different?" his voice sceptical, his eyes searching.

Biting my lip before answering " ballet has specific requirements. The girls all had long legs and such beautiful bodies, I stood out like a sore thumb. It was excruciatingly difficult you know," I looked down at my fingers that were drawing little shapes on his shoulder.

My chin was tilted and my eyes averted to him, and his eyes swirled with intense emotion.

"It hurt your self-esteem," he stated bluntly. "I hate the fact that you went through that, I wish I met you then to tell you the absolute truth. You are perfect in every way, not just  for me. You don't need to change yourself. All you need to need to change is the mere thought that you need to change for others." Reflecting his genuineness in his kind words, tears filling my eyes. "Maybe it was your eyes," he started, wiping my tears.

"Or your smile. Or your laugh. It could have been your kindness. Or your voice. Or your personality. Whatever it is, it made me fall for you pretty damn hard." A little sob came out as he confessed; this was the most I had ever heard him speak. I threw myself at him as I was sitting, hugging him tightly.

He really knew how to make me feel better. God I was lucky.

IF only I had the superpower to help every single women or man feel beautiful and every little girl or boy to love herself.

Like he did to me.

He just nudged me in the right direction.

Back to loving myself.

And I was ever so thankful.

"Your passion and commitment to ballet are all you need. And let me do an evaluation. Hmm," he looked to be in deep analysis as he positioned me straight and I felt confused for a sec. "I have come to the fastest conclusion I have ever made. You are beautiful, every part of you, especially these soft curves."  He skimmed his hands slowly on the sides of my waist and over my butt.

Then he squeezed my butt once.

I bit my lip to prevent a moan to come
out. That felt really nice.

"Of course not..." Darius said to I'm guessing to Raphael as they entered the room. "Having fun Juliette?"His voice was full of naughtiness.

Gasping loudly, I turned to see Darius and Raphael smirking.

" It's not what it looks like!" I scrambled off Alaric's lap to sit beside him.

Laughing, Darius took long strides to give me a huge bear hug and placed a kiss on my cheek, sitting opposite us. Raphael followed suit, pecking my lips. He sat beside Darius.

"Juliette, do you want to come over tomorrow to ours? You could stay the night." Raphael asked, brushing his hair back with his hand.

"Like a sleepover?" I asked, excited.He nodded, his green eyes twinkling. "Yes! It's gonna be so much fun."

"We could watch some movies, order pizza and all that shit," Darius added lazily. I nodded quickly.

"I don't think we have any snacks we might need to stop off at the store." Raphael filled in.

"Why don't we go on our way home tomorrow so Juliette can come with? That way you can get what you want?" Darius said to me, tilting his head.

"Yes, that sounds very good." I smiled widely. This was my first sleepover and I couldn't wait.

"We'll drop you home now," Darius said, with Raphael following.

"You not coming marshmallow?" I turned to ask Alaric who hadn't moved.

"I have a boxing session today."

"Oh ok, have fun, box well,Ummm don't kill or severely injure your partner. You know violence is never the answer."I scolded him, tapping his nose to iterate my point.

"I'll try that. Instead of dodging or retaliating, I will calmly try to explain to him that I don't tolerate violence, maybe I will propose a truce. Even better maybe I will ask my opponent if he wants to be friends and I don't know hang out. Maybe I will start a ban boxing protest."
Alaric said blandly and ever so dripping with sarcasm.

"Ok, ok stop" I dragged out, kissing his cheek softly. There was no need for sarcasm. "Have fun, my squishy marshmallow."

Loud laughter had filled the room, Raphael and Darius were laughing their heads off.

"Oh my god," Darius breathed out."I can't."

"That's hilarious." Raphael choked out. "I can't believe you call Alaric that, actual fucking gold."

What's wrong with marshmallow? It was cute. Hmph.

"Shut up," Alaric responded glaring daggers. I started walking away to collect my bag when Alaric called out, "Juliette. Your sock."

Looking down, I could see my knee-high sock had rolled down so I bent down to fix it, pulling it up "Thank you so much. Why does it always happen?" looking at my sock with judgy eyes.

I really don't get socks.

At the same time, Raphael had thrown a cushion right at Alaric's face. A direct hit.

That definitely took Alaric surprise. Pacing to Raphael, I grabbed his hand to leave the room before Alaric went all angry angry, laughing as I did so.

"Real smooth, marshmallow," Raphael managed to get out to Alaric before I "viciously" pushed him out of the room then pulling Darius out of the room while Alaric growled.

At the same time, why did Raphael throw the cushion?

I mean they always got on each other's nerves so I just shrugged it off.

The boys drove me home, playfully joking with me.

"What extracurriculars do you do?" I asked, trying to turn to face them as best as I could.

"Violin as private practice and the orchestra," Raphael answered, his green eyes twinkling. I gasped my excitement and he laughed musically.

" I do sports as both. So the institute football team and athletics," Darius followed after. "What about you,baby? What did you choose to do?"

They were both so gifted in sports and music, I felt a surge of pride light up my body. All three of them were so talented!

" So I literally decided on art and ballet," I replied more confidently. "Side note- Raphael you need to play for me. I can't wait to see you play!"

Again Raphael laughed, reaching forward to tug a strand of my hair.

"Ooh yes, I need nicknames for both of you, it's only fair. I mean you call me all these names," I explained.

Darius, all sultry, replied with that naughty, naughty smirk "You don't like the names, baby?"

I blushed carnation, the deepest I could possibly get and the closest to a plum tomato. I was never going to admit that to his face and good god- that voice.

Did things to me.

A foreign sensation.

The butterflies fluttered erratically in my tummy and I felt funny.

I could literally feel Raphael's smirk and laughing eyes drilling into me from behind me.

They were so mean.

"Stop it," I mumbled, sinking into my seat, praying that it would swallow me whole.

The devious thought saved me, I would just have to think of a perfect name.

The car came to a halt soon.
"Bye, honey" I said to Raphael, kissing his cheek quickly before turning to the front where Darius was sitting in the drivers' seat.

He reminded me of honey, golden and sweet.

"Bye,teddy bear" kissing Darius quickly, darting out of the car before I heard any objections. And Darius was so comforting.

"See you later, baby," shouted Darius loudly, grinning from ear to ear.

"YOUR SOCK!" shouted Raphael from the window, so I turned around to stick my tongue out at him.

I mean I didn't need to fix it now, I mean I was already at home. So he was just rubbing in this trauma in my face.

Kicking off my shoes and taking them to my room, I quickly changed and got freshened up.

Thinking about the events of the day, I couldn't help but gush. God, Alaric had lifted my spirits. Yes,that's it! I will bake something for them. Now to find out what Alaric's favourite thing is.

Messaging Raphael as they were driving home and Darius couldn't possibly answer ( I mean he shouldn't be) , I typed:

J: Hey honey bunches, quick question- does Alaric have an absolute favourite sweet bakery/dessert? x

R: Yes he's literally addicted to sugar cookies, he hasn't had any in ages though. We had them all the time when we were kids. He's a bit of a health freak and he didn't really have an opportunity since.

Oh wow, well that would change. I would bake for him whenever I could. Basically all the time.

J: Okie Dokie, thank you, what type of cookie do you like? Ask Darius too.

R: I don't really have a preference, I like cookies in general so does Darius. As expected, your marshmallow is extremely picky.

J: I could guess! Ok, get home safe- text me as soon as you do , see you tomorrow. Say bye bye to Darius for me.

R: Will do angel .Sleep well.

I would bake some cookies for them to eat tomorrow after I finished some quick revision. Ms Kacira had scheduled the exam for Monday so I had to revise all I could as I would be at theirs for most of the weekend.

Flicking through my textbook and muttering a quick support message to myself, I continued to read.

1 hour later after highlighting, I sighed. Okay I would do the rest tomorrow in my free and finish my essay.

Cookies from scratch, that's my  plan.

Getting all of the bakery ingredients from the cupboard, I started baking.

I suddenly thought back to the lithe figure of  my mother baking when I was a child. Her slender fingers delicately plotted and stirred, she produced a masterpiece that flaunted its grandeur.Her apron was powdered with flour, the sweet smelling mist floating around the house.

Smiling, I felt glad that I could carry this on. My mother baked for me, filling me with joy and I would bake for my boys, hopefully making them happy.

This is what I could do. And I would do.

Two hours later, I did get carried away.Oh well.

I made three type of cookies. Heart shaped sugar cookies, triple chocolate cookies and chocolate chip shortbread. It looked good and I was satisfied, packing them away carefully into a large container.

I could only hope for the best. I really wanted them to like the cookies.

It was the least I could do for them. I was so glad to have met them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my god- I was running late. Where's my folder? Did I check under the bed? Where's my sock?

Found it.

Right, I am going to hold my folder and textbook in my hands, I had no space in my backpack. I picked up the bag that I packed my pyjamas and bunny slippers in. I held the large container and shouted a goodbye to my aunt.

It was a struggle and I waddled to the door, managing to get it open. I was greeted by them, all leaning on the car so model like.

I wondered if they were secret models. I wouldn't be suprised if they were to be honest. I would ask them later.

They looked amused at my struggle, of course they were.

"Why are you carrying so many things?" Darius asked taking the bag from me, while Raphael took my folder and textbook.

"I have my pyjamas in this," gesturing to the pink bag. Darius was going to say something but decided not to perhaps because of the stern look Alaric gave him.

But he didn't care.

"You didn't need to bring them, I mean we could experiment au naturale," he muttered,smirking. It took a moment to let it sink it. I gasped loudly, exclaiming "You pervert!" whacking him on the arm. I didn't miss the look of approval that quickly appeared on Alaric's face.

"I am joking," he laughed,putting his hands up in defense.

"Oh yes, I baked cookies for you guys,I even made some sugar cookies for you, marshmallow," holding the container close apprehensively looking at their expressions.

An easy smile wiped across Raphael's face as he reached forward to kiss my forehead. "That's why you were asking. You have such a beautiful heart,angel." I blushed at his complement,smiling widely.

"It's very sweet of you,baby. What did I do to deserve you? I can't wait to try them," Darius smiled, his blue eyes glimmering with warmth.

Two down, one to go.

Alaric said nothing, his face blank and expressionless. There was nothing. Na da. Okay, I was dying of apprehension.

He nodded, and I immediately relaxed. He said it in his own way. I smiled sweetly at him and turned to walk towards the other side of the car when I felt a pinch on my butt.

I jumped in shock, turning to find the offender who was not so subtly looking  away at the trees as if it was the most interesting thing in the world , Darius. I knew it! I stick my tongue out him and enter the car.

Alaric sits beside me on my right while Darius on my left, Raphael must have lost the toss today. I felt a muscular hand squeeze my hand ,which was in my lap,before a breathy whisper in my ear "Thank you."

Oh Alaric.

I turned immediately to place a kiss on his cheek sweetly,pinching his cheek in the process. I placed a soft kiss on Darius' cheek after,smiling as his hand gripped my thigh comfortably while Alaric still had a hold on my hand. For the entire journey.

I literally wanted to squeal out loud, they were so sweet!

"I am so excited for the sleepover," I exclaimed, jumping up slightly from my seat with by belt restraining most of my movement.

"You didn't mention it," Alaric replied, in his usual grumpy tone.

"Cheer up, marshmallow," I giggled at his grumpiness. "Aren't you excited?"

There was a moment's silence before he quietly answered "Yes."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was break time and we huddled around the small table.

I gave them all a sugar cookie, looking at their faces earnestly. Holy beans- they were really good at masking their emotions.

I felt like I was one of those cooking competitions, and rather was waiting for their approval.

"You didn't bake them, did you?" Raphael asked,cocking up one eyebrow.

I nodded my head rigorously, "I did, I promise,I'm not lying."

JUST SAY SOMETHING. Did you like them?

"They are so fucking good, you are so amazing," Raphael smiled widely, causing me to smile too.

I did a mental victory dance.

"I am never,ever eating any other cookie. Just yours. Fuck, have I been living under some rock for my whole life?" Darius asked, making me giggle at his dramatic silliness.

Alaric was carefully examining the heart shaped sugar cookie "Don't you fucking dare touch those, they're mine," Alaric possesively claimed to Darius and Raphael, making me smile even wider. "They're the best I've ever eaten, thank you."

I jumped up literally,pumping my fist in the air.

"I am so, so happy!" I merrily cheered.

"That's mine, fuck off." Darius furiously said.

"No, it's mine, you bitch." Raphael retorted.

Oh boy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the day was packed with intense lessons.

Currently, we all had a free after lunch, a long free so we mutually decided on finishing our work.

I sat opposite Raphael, while Darius sat opposite Alaric at the table of four in our room. All of us working away.

This was so boring. Flicking through the pages frantically for the era explanation, I sighed,dropping my head onto the table.

"What's up,baby?" Darius asked, not looking from his laptop, typing quickly. His eyes focusssed.

"I am really stressed about the world history test on Monday." I answered. "Like, I am pre-stressed stressed, like I am stressed about the stress." I blabbered.

All three stare at me, amused.

Darius reached into his pocket, passing me a packet of strawberry gum drops.

Oh my god- I love those! And I was really craving sweets.

He really knew me, sweet things comforted me.

"Thank you so much," hugging him tightly.

Raphael spoke as his fountain pen glided across his paper smoothly. It was so fascinating to watch "Because of a certain someone, we now carry sweets and gum in our blazer." Duh Juliette-they were speaking about you obviously. He took out some strawberry bon-bons while Alaric also reached to show me a red fizzy strawberry belt roll.

I could feel myself cry.

"You don't like these? Don't worry, we'll change them," Raphael frantically comforted, his eyes worried.

"No,no,it's so sweet,thank you so much. I love them so much." I answered quickly,wiping my eyes.

They understood my need for comfort and that's why I chewed gum.

They understand me. I am getting emotional again.

We fell back into a comfortable silence while I ate my gum drops, it provided a sudden bout of inspiration and I was working easily.

"It's the end of the day, let's get going," Alaric said, tidying his papers, placing his pen in his pocket.

We tidied the table, and I grabbed my bag while the boys took their things too.

We left the room, reaching the exit. Oh wow, it was pouring with rain and we all were fixed on position, staring at the heavy rain.

"Last one to the car's a couch potato" I shouted over the noisy rain,running to the car.

*******************************************************************

This chapter is dedicated to every single one of you. Every single one of you who have ever doubted their self based on anything,appearance, intellect, whatever it is.

You are all amazing. Never forget that.

If I had a superpower, it would be  to help every single women or man feel beautiful and every little girl or boy to love herself.

What would your superpower be?

Whenever I think of marshmallows this is what I immediately think of. This is too funny, my favourite show.

All brooklyn 99 fans-say hey. If you haven't watched it, highly recommend.

Thoughts on the chapter?

Favourite part?

Comment on every single thing you liked, I GET SO MUCH JOY HEARING FROM YOU GUYS! I READ EVERY SINGLE ONE.

I really hope you liked it.

I am so excited for the next chapter, it's going to be awesome.

Much love ❤❤❤❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 63.4K 44
She served the friendly faces of the regular customers that day. She helped others that day. She was supposed to stay with her family on that day. Bu...
I Want You. By ima

Teen Fiction

437 4 18
Inari goes to her new school scared, lonely, LOST. Until she meets him..
953K 21.1K 23
Two vampires find an abandoned werewolf. They might as well train the naughty mutt.
5.4K 238 14
a guy who has nothing to live for. a girl destined to become his everything ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ he's quiet, he prefers silence, he keeps to his own company, he doe...