The Little and the Giant (Ush...

By Jo-chan

It was the absolute rule of the court that he plays on The canon, Ushijima Wakatoshi only needed to be give... More

The Little and The Giant
I: First Meeting
II: Varsity
III: Goliath
IV: Training
V: Rumours
VI: Venting
VII: Gossip
VIII: Preparations (1)
IX: Preparations (2)
X: Demo
XI: Value
XII: Lara Wan
XIII: Chat messages
XIV: Intramurals Date? (1)
XV: Intramurals Date? (2)
XVI: Pros
XVII: Hayashi Rice
XVIII: Photoshoot
XIX: Girlfriends and Boyfriends
XX: Barbeque
XXI: Hanging Tree
XXII: "Normal" Friends
XXIII: New Girlfriend
XXV: Drinks and Games (2)
XXVI: Drinks and Games (3)
XXVII: Spill
XXVIII: Marks
XXIX: Check
XXX: Misunderstandings
XXXI: Lawrence
XXXII: Tipsy (1)
XXXIII: Tipsy (2)
XXXIV: Tipsy (3)
XXXV: Tipsy (4)
XXXVI: Concrete (1)
XXXVII: Concrete (2)
πŸ¦…XXXVIII: Manager (1)
πŸ¦…XXXIX: Manager (2)
πŸ¦…XL: Manager (3)
πŸ¦…XLI: Boy Talk
πŸ¦…XLII: Crows (1)
πŸ¦…XLIII: Crows (2)
πŸ¦…XLIV: Crows (3)
πŸ¦…XLV: Girls' Volleyball Club (1)
πŸ¦…XLVI: Girls' Volleyball Club (2)
πŸ¦… XLVII: Girls' Volleyball Club (3)
πŸ¦… XLVIII: Sleepover (1)
πŸ¦… XLIX: Sleepover (2)
πŸ¦… L: Sleepover (3)
πŸ¦… LI: Ballgirl (1)
πŸ¦… LII: Ballgirl (2)
πŸ¦… LIII: Ballgirl (3)
πŸ¦… LIV: Dreams (1)
πŸ¦… LV: (Wet) Dreams (2)
πŸ¦… LVI: (Wet) Dreams (3)
πŸ¦… LVII: Recon (1)
πŸ¦… LVIII: Recon (2)
πŸ¦… LIX: Recon (3)
πŸ¦… LX: Marked
HOLIDAY AU SPECIAL: The Giant's Little Mate
HOLIDAY AU SPECIAL: The Giant's Little Mate (2)
HOLIDAY AU SPECIAL: The Giant's Little Mate (3)
HOLIDAY AU SPECIAL: The Giant's Little Mate (4)
πŸ¦… LXI: Sub (1)
πŸ¦… LXII: Sub (2)
πŸ¦… LXIII: Sub (3)
πŸ¦… LXIV: A Starting Point
πŸ¦… LXV: Wall
πŸ¦… LXVI: Ruler
πŸ¦… LXVII: Search (1)
πŸ¦… LXVIII: Search (2)
πŸ¦… LXIX: Hidden Boss (1)
πŸ¦… LXX: Hidden Boss (2)
πŸ¦… LXXI: Hidden Boss (3)
πŸ¦… LXXII: Hidden Boss (4)
πŸ¦… LXXIII: Hidden Boss (5)
πŸ¦… LXXIV: Hidden Boss (6)
πŸ¦… LXXV: Boss Reveal (1)
πŸ¦… LXXVI: Boss Reveal (2)
πŸ¦… LXXVII: Trainer (1)
πŸ¦… LXXVIII: Trainer (2)
πŸ¦… LXXIX: Fly (1)
πŸ¦… LXXX: Fly (2)
πŸ¦… LXXXI: Fly (3)
πŸ¦… LXXXII: Change
πŸ¦… LXXXIII: Prelude
πŸŽ† LXXXIV: Memories (1)
πŸŽ† LXXXV: Memories (2)
πŸŽ† LXXXVI: Dead Stars
πŸŽ† LXXXVII: Inability
πŸŽ† LXXXVIII: Spring
πŸŽ† LXXXIX: Shackles
πŸŽ† XC: Date ✿
πŸŽ† XCI: Date (2) ✿
πŸŽ† XCII: Moon Lady
πŸŽ† XCIII: Bloom
πŸŽ† XCIV: Spring blossoms
πŸŽ† XCV: Gratitude

XXIV: Drinks and Games(1)

8.9K 366 27
By Jo-chan

"Do you want to drink?"

"Okay."

Your answer resounded in your head.

You groaned internally. Looking back, you had joined out of impulse but it was too late to back away.

"Now. Now. You don't back off in your promises." You hear Ayaka say and you only scowled. You cross your arms as you look around.

You were in Ayaka's apartment. And she was dolling you all up for the night out.

She maybe a delinquent. But she was someone who was crazy good with transforming, considering how she managed to fool all of those guys she used to date. So you let her 'transform' you, although only this time.

After all, you were quite skeptical about going out to drink due to a number of reasons.

You see, you always tend to meet your exes on the very rare nights you go out with your friends. You didn't know if it was bad luck or not but it has always happened without fail.

And your nights were always disastrous. They follow you all the time once they learned it was you so you wanted to be cautious this time around.

You needed to dress up as if you weren't your ordinary self for a change.

Yes, you've only decided to do that now like the idiot you are, seeing as you used to go out in your sweatpants and shirts every time like a boss.

But Norrie had been strangely persistent in dolling you up. She had even handpicked the entire outfit you were about to wear for the night.

It felt like something was up.

"Norrie told me you won't be wearing a wig?" Ayaka asks and you nod.

Ayaka lets your platinum hair down. You had told her about being Lara Wan a few weeks after the photoshoot contest happened although this delinquent didn't believed it the first time. You eventually managed to do so though after presenting evidence.

She had let your long hair loose and styled it neatly. You hair was naturally wavy so she didn't need to do much anyway. She stayed still as she put makeup, that naturally brought out your features, putting a little more eye makeup than necessary. It was to divert the usual innocent vibe you give out as Lara Wan. You didn't want people recognizing you as a model. That would be as worse as being found by one of your exes.

And when it was the time for the outfit, you almost gaped. But she held you in place.

She forced you in a black lace bustier crop top, and paired it with a tight high-waist shorts that accentuated the ass you've been hiding on those sweatpants. You've added a personal touch, wearing a large denim jacket over the whole thing, then finally wore your best weapon for the night, a pair of six-inch heels.

You didn't find it a problem. Heels were a model's best friend, as long as they aren't broken. You weren't ignorant in your mother's line of work after all. If needed, you can even run track in heels.

And to tie everything up, Ayaka painted your lips red.

You stared at your reflection. The makeover was intense. You gulped, knowing you won't be recognized immediately as you even have a hard time recognizing yourself. 

"Damn. I look like a stripper." You say in awe, turning as you look at the mirror.

"That's the dream, hunny bunny." Norrie says with a wink as she enters the room.

"Where have you been?" You asked her.

"Took care of some things." she shrugged. "Why are you covering everything I've picked out with that oversized jacket?" She suddenly pouts and you back away. "I ain't going out of there looking like a hoe in broad daylight." You squint your eyes.

But it made sense. The sun was still setting after all.

"You've brought everything?" Norrie asks Ayaka.

"Yes, Yes. A pack of cigarettes, water, tissue, a plastic bag, makeup, and a memory card." Ayaka says sharply. Your friends were usually caretakers, being the heavydrinkers that they are, and this was how they usually prepare. But...

"A memory card?" You raised an eyebrow. Norrie rolled her eyes. 

"Duh. We needed to take embarrassing videos of people of course."

Ah yes. You forgot that they were that kind of people. The kind that laughs at the corner of the bar when they see awkward dancing and absurd interactions.

"You aren't bringing anything?" Norrie asks you. "I'm just bringing my wallet." You say. "How about your phone?" She asked, like the worried 'mom friend' she is.

"No. When was the last time you've seen me looked at my phone?" You asked her. She thought hard. Come to think of it, since the only form of communication you have with Ushijima was via email, you rarely even look at your phone after.

"Look at you, being filthy rich and unappreciative." Norrie groans. It wasn't your fault you were too busy with other things to busy yourselves on your phone. 

"Don't go regretting it now." She smirks.

A shiver runs up your spine. You felt like something dangerous was about to happen. And that you were forgetting something. But it left when she opened the door.

"Okaaay. Let's go." She announces, stepping out of the apartment.

"We're starting this early?" Ayaka asks Norrie. It was nearing 7 and it does look early compared to the time they usually start. But that was fine. An early start means an early end. If you're lucky, you could leaver early and you can even get to have your usual morning run. Yes, because #HealthMatters.

"It's not just us, right?" You asked. You see Norrie nod. Ayaka had brought the usual friends she goes out with. There were 4 girls and a guy on your group. 

"We're missing one more person." Norrie suddenly says.

You cross your arms.  "Let me search for people that are online." Norrie suddenly declares.

You narrow your eyes. There goes that bad habit of her's. You internally sighed. Norrie Morgans had always loved inviting people on the spot, especially if they're short on people on night outs.

"Ooh. Nevermind. I see one that I know." You heard her say, looking athe crowd before you and you just wanted this over with.

You look at the familiar figure that Norrie had invited.

Though you didn't really care who she was gonna bring up. 

"Ushijima!"

You take that back. 

"Oh no." 

"Oh yes." 

"Do you wanna come for a drink?" Norrie says in enthusiasm. The athlete pauses, slightly surprised at the invitation. But he looks like he was looking for something from the way he was looking down.

The entire thing wasn't registered to your brain yet. And you watched him from afar. He was wearing a v-neck shirt that tightly fitted his body, showing off his muscles and paired it with skinny jeans. It was something you weren't used to seeing him wear. 

But more importantly, it felt like you haven't seen him since forever. And for the first time, you felt awkward looking at him. You backed away subconsciously.

"Claire's over there." Norrie suddenly points at you. 

Fucking. You see him nod. It was fine. It was fine. You chanted a mantra. You just have to act as if nothing's wrong. I mean, nothing's wrong anyway.

Nothing's wrong... Until you see how his eyes widened as he looks at you.

Before you knew it, he was in front of you.

Hold up. Hold up. 

Everything's sort of happening too fast and you were wondering about a couple of things, finally clearing your head.

"What is this about? Why are you here? Why are you in the country?" You asked a consecutive set of questions, panicking. 

"I... sent you a message." He says slowly. 

He did? 

You looked at your friend like a confused lost child.

You haven't read anything!

"What?" You asked.

"When?"

"2 days ago." He answered.

"On my email?"

"Chat." He showed it to you. You grab his phone, looking at the chatbox. And you realized it. 

"You broke up with your girlfriend?" You asked.

"A few weeks ago."

"I've been unblocked since?" You clarified.

He nods.

Oh my god.

You didn't know.

"Ha-Ha. My bad." You scratched your head. You didn't want to say. That you've been used to not looking at your phone with all the acads piling up so you didn't check.

"Hate to interrupt. But are you joining?" Norrie buts in. 

But to think the man actually ignores Norrie's question. You see his brows furrow in confusion as he looks at you, like he had something he wanted to confirm.

"Are you... mad?" He asks you suddenly.

You blinked. Where the hell did he get that idea?

"What? No." You say, clearly confused. He looks like he's skeptical until he realized what was about to happen.

"Are you... gonna drink too?" He asks. You nod.

"With... that?" He says, pointing at your outfit. He doesn't look like he's used to it even if all he could see was the oversized jacket that was hiding the stripper outfit Norrie had picked out for you. 

"Wait till he sees what's inside." You hear Norrie whisper to Ayaka and your eyes widened. But you composed yourself. 

"Yes, Goliath, I'm drinking with this." You say, looking at him straight ahead.

You see his olive eyes looked at yours like they were looking for something. He suddenly looks away and looks at your friends.

"Fine." he suddenly says.

Eh?

"I'll go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 7.1K 38
In a vibrant high school community, Aubert Hiro was an incredibly talented and passionate volleyball player, destined for greatness. However, a pivot...
545K 18.3K 41
Your heartbreak from breaking up with your ex, Oikawa Tooru, caused you to hate the thought of Volleyball. However after laying some truths on you, t...
62.4K 1.6K 29
[Complete] πŸ‹ Hello!! This will just be another fluffy book! it will be a ushijima x tendou story! this will be my second fanfic so sorry if it's tra...
62.5K 1.6K 34
*COVER CREDS: demigodextraordinare Akira Kuroo had been living on her own during her last year of university with only the support of her brother. Be...