Reunited | Dally's Little Sis...

By Chelsea4123

After being left in New York by her brother a few years back, Sage Winston finds her way back to Tulsa. It ha... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty-six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two

fifteen

134 5 0
By Chelsea4123

Chapter 15

Sage P.O.V

It was well after sunset and Angela and I managed to tag four different cars. She slashed two of the car's tires while I slid under my two and used my blade to make holes in things and cut various wires.

I know what we were doing was illegal, but we both had the biggest smiles on our faces the whole time. I can see why my brother was always in and out of the cooler. The adrenaline rush you get from things like this is like nothing I have ever felt before.

We decided starting with four cars was enough and didn't push our luck. We silently walked back to our side of town, sticking to the shadows until we crossed the tracks. Once we were out of sight from the land of the soc, we couldn't help but laugh at what we just did.

We were all smiles until I saw Tim walking towards us. We both stopped. "Oh shit." Angela tensed up next to me as we continued to walk towards him.

He looked pissed. And not his normal pissed off look, but one that told me we were both in for it. He looked at Angela and slapped her, shocking us both. "You and I will be having a nice conversation when we get back."

He looked at me and I held my chin high with an arrogant look on my face. If he was going to slap me, he would get a fist to the face right back. It looked like he was internally debating on what to do. He settled with shaking his head and saying, "Winston you are lucky Dally is just as pissed as I am."

I snorted, "All we did was go for a walk and you are acting like we killed someone. Who knew one of the toughest greasers in town would crack because his kid sister was out of his sight for a few hours?"

I saw his hand twitch and I secretly wanted him to hit me. After messing up those cars, I had this reckless feeling where I was looking for trouble. "Walk to the Curtis house now." I rolled my eyes at him and started walking forward.

I didn't see Curly and one of his friends walk up, but Tim told them to take Angela home, leaving me and Tim alone. We walked in silence for what seemed like hours until he said, "You aren't like your brother. Stop trying to act like him."

I let out a non-amused laugh, "I hate to break it to you, but this ain't acting." He glared at me and shook his head. We walked the rest of the way in silence.

Once we made it to the Curtis house, I went to open the gate, but Tim told me to wait outside. Not wanting to make a scene, I listened. I watched him walk through the door and come out a minute later with Dal.

Tim had more restraint when it came to what he said and did. Dally, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. And man was I looking forward to it. He stormed up to me and grabbed my arm to keep me from going anywhere. "Where in the hell were you? Did I not tell you to stay with Steve and Soda?"

I rolled my eyes which only angered him more. He slapped me, just like Tim slapped Angela and I was waiting for it.

The thing is, dad hit me all the time no matter what I did. I could breathe in his direction and the man would snap. I can't tell you why, but I was so damn afraid of him to the point where I put up with his abuse for years. Dallas doesn't scare me like dad did. All those years I was too scared to fight back, but that person is gone.

Before he could react, I swung my fist at his face connecting with his jaw. His eyes were the color of ice but there was nothing except fire dancing in them. Darry ran out of the house and stood in front of us before we could do anything else.

Last time we fought like this it didn't end well. Winston's don't lose and we don't know when to stop.

Soda's P.O.V.

Dally had been on edge ever since he came back. I think it had something to do with Sage, but he wouldn't say. I hope that girl stays out of trouble for her own good.

Dally isn't one to show any feelings besides anger and hatred, but ever since Sage came back into our lives, he's changed. Him and Darry got closer. I think it has to do with trying to raise their siblings, but Dally looked like he wasn't doing too hot.

Something has been going on with Sage ever since Two-bit brought her back beat up after that party. She has been acting more and more like her brother and I think we all noticed it. She doesn't hang out with Steve and I much anymore, let alone the rest of the gang. I just wish she would open up and trust us more. But I guess that goes against everything Winston's stand for.

Tim walked in out of nowhere and told Dally he needed him outside. We knew they have a history of fighting with each other, so we all got up to look out the window in case he needed our help.

To my surprise, Sage was standing outside our gate with a smirk on her face. I am sure she picked that up from Dally. We couldn't hear anything except Dal yelling at her on where she had been.

I could see the sass radiating off of her as she rolled her eyes at him. I knew Dally had a temper and with how he has been acting these last few hours, I knew she pushed him over the edge.

We all tensed up as we saw him slap her. But without missing a beat, she punched him in the jaw. It was almost like she was wanting it to happen.

Darry cursed under his breath and told us to stay inside. He ran out the door and stood in between the siblings as Tim held Sage back.

Two-bit let out a low whistle. "I never thought I'd see the day where Dally would lose at his own game."

I knew what he meant. Sage was the female version of Dally when she was angry. Honestly, I think she scared us more than ol' Dal did, but we would never tell him that. How she held herself showed that she was afraid of no one, not even the two toughest greasers in town.

Tim was losing his hold on her, but Darry saw it coming. He grabbed her arms so fast I thought she would tumble over from the sudden jerk.

Sage P.O.V.

Darry had a death grip on my arms, and I knew it was pointless fighting him.

Dally ran his hands through his hair and yelled, "I can't do this anymore! I didn't ask to raise a kid and you sure as hell aren't making anything easy. I'm done. Do what you want with your life just stay the hell out of mine!"

He walked away without giving me a second glance. Darry yelled at him to get back here but all he said was, "Ship her back to New York for all I care."

His words hit me to the core. I was shocked to the point where I couldn't move. Dally knew what our dad did to me. It wasn't like I ran away for the hell of it. And don't get me started on Mark. Going back to New York meant I was signing my death warrant.

Tim stood in front of me and said, "He didn't mean it kid. You know how he is. Give him a few days." And then he walked off just like my brother did.

There was a ringing in my ears, and I couldn't stop shaking. I was vaguely aware Darry was trying to talk to me, but the only thing I could hear was my brothers' words playing over and over in my head.

Once Darry realized I wasn't going to move, he picked me up and took me inside. I saw the looks of pity on all of the boys faces, but I was too numb to even care. Darry took me to his room, laid me on the bed, and closed the door. I curled up in a ball as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"I need you to tell me what happened. And I'm not talking about just tonight, but since that party." I looked down at the bed and gripped the sheets as tight as I could.

My brother wants nothing to do with me. None of my family gives a damn about me. At this point why should I even care about me? This must have been how Angela felt when she said she didn't want to live anymore. When there is no one to live for, what is the point in even trying?

Darry grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze. "Baby girl I need you to let me in. I can't help you if I don't know what happened."

I quietly said, "You can't help me. No one can." He scooped me up in his arms and placed me in his lap.

I felt the first tear fall and knew I couldn't stop it. The tears soon turned into waterfalls running down my face. Sobs escaped my mouth and Darry held me tighter. He was trying to calm me down, but I knew it was a wasted effort.

They say everyone has a breaking point and I thought I hit mine back in New York. But what was happening now showed me I was wrong. I could work my way through the hell I went through back then, but right now I wanted nothing more than for everything to simply end. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

463 5 22
When Carrie moves to Tulsa, she thinks everything will be like in the movies she likes to watch. Unfortunately, she faces reality meeting the boy of...
2.3K 199 18
"in my head, we're dancing in the dark. in my head, we kiss under the stars, but we know that's not what we're doing, 'cause, baby, this ain't like t...
105K 1.5K 38
"𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐀 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑" 𝘾𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙍𝙔 𝘽𝙊𝙈𝘽 -𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙍𝙐𝙉𝘼𝙒𝘼𝙔𝙎 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 a shy greaser falls ...
66.7K 978 38
The black sheep of the Curtis family, Sadie Curtis. Also recognized as the only daughter of the two lovers. Her brothers, Darrel, Sodapop and Ponyboy...