Angel of HEAVENS (Uta no Prin...

Par Hoshizorakari

An Uta no Prince Sama /UtaPri fanfiction. I do not own Uta no Prince Sama, the characters, the pictures or t... Plus

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five

Chapter Ten

1.1K 36 2
Par Hoshizorakari

A beautiful melody rang across the large music room.Only two people were present there. The tiny five year old girl played the piano and the elder boy stood next to her.Her small fingers stopped playing the keys as the song comes to an end.

"Marvelous, Catarina!It was beautiful."

"Thank you, Onii-chama."

"If you keep improving at this pace, I won't be surprised of you were to become a musician within a few years."

"Really?" The little girl's eyes twinkle with joy.

"Indeed. I'm proud of you, Catarina." Camus lifted his little sister from the high piano stool and placed her on the floor.

"Onii-chama, I want to be a music writer!"

"Music writer? As in writing songs?" The girl vigorously nodded.

"That would be called being a composer."

"A...composer? Then I'll be Onii-chama's composer!"

"My composer?" His ice blue eyes showed confusion.

"Yes. I love Onii-chama's singing! It's really beautiful and warm. So, I want Onii-chama to sing my song to make everyone feel warm!" Catarina showed a warm smile that could even melt the snows outside.

"My singing is...beautiful?" In answer, little Catarina hummed cutely,"I love it!"

Camus smiled brightly at her,"Very well,then. I will help you be a composer. Then I will sing your songs. It's a promise." Little Catarina jumped into her brother's arms.

* * * * * * *

The eighteen year old Catarina was sitting on the floor of her room. The accessories that she was forced to wear was thrown to the other side of the room. Her long hair covered her face. Closing her eyes, she took a shaky breaths.

The door was opened and her brother, Camus entered. "Catarina."
She didn't reply with her back turned to him.

"Catarina. Do not act so pathetically. You are to marry his lordship no matter what. This is the queen's order," Camus told sternly.

"...Why?...Why did she...order me.... when she never even bothered about my existence?"

"I do not know the answer to that. However, refrain from questioning her orders. Our duty is to only follow her command." He was about to leave the room when her hands grab a hold of a small portion of his coat to stop him.

"Onii-sama....please..help me... If you request her highness,then she will consider cancelling this marriage." Her voice came out in a whisper. "....Please..."

That piece of clothing slipped from her hold as he left the room without an answer, without a single glance. Without a single care for his sister, he exited from the female's heart. And left her to her own despair.

Catarina's eyelids flew open .Her icy blue orbs scanned the room lit by the sunlight peeking in from the gap between the curtains. A dream...

She sat up on her bed and rubbed her eyes to get a better view of her surroundings. Why did I have to dream about the past now? Oh,yes, must've been because of yesterday's meeting.

She looked at the clock to find it's only 7. Despite being sleepy, she decided to get up. Better being sleepy than having more flashbacks. Mah, I'll sleep after completing the duet.

. . . . . . .

How should I do this? A cheerful song or a magnificent one? The blonde recalled the previous day's meeting.

"Kotobuki-san,Camus-san, I look forward to working with you." Catarina bowed to the two men. How's that? I'm not gonna back down from facing you.

"Ko-Kotobuki-san ?" The leader of Quartet Night flinched."Don't be so formal. Just Rei-chan is fine."

"But...you're a senior."Catarina hesitated.

Kotobuki smiled,"Now,now. Don't sweat the small stuffs, Rin-rin."

R-Rin-rin? Not bad.

"Eto...then, Reiji-san?"

"Guess I'll manage with that." Meanwhile, while the two were talking, Camus sat on one of the empty chairs, closing his eyes.

"Let's start the meeting,Rin-rin!"

"Yes," Catarina said with a serious expression.

During the whole meeting ,tension was visible in the air because of the Permafrost siblings. Reiji did his best to lighten the atmosphere. The attempt wasn't quite successful because of Camus not giving a care about the meeting. He just blatantly ignored his sister's presence.

Taking out the music sheets, Catarina became immersed in her thoughts. Maybe I should make a fun and happy song .After all Koto- Reiji-san DID shared his ideas about the song, unlike brother. But what if the earl doesn't sing it even though he said,'A professional can sing any song'?

She played the piano to get some ideas. Suddenly, she exclaimed,"Wait! Perhaps he wants me to write a song according to only Reiji-san's ideas. Then he can insult me more by saying I didn't value his opinions....Nah, he wouldn't do something like this. I shouldn't think too much about him and focus on making this duet a success!"

Two different styles mixed as one. Maracas and Cello...they don't go well together. Let's think of some other ways to blend them together.

"How is it?" Catarina asked Reiji and Camus after playing the song she wrote yesterday. Its been a while,no, years since I last played piano in front of you.

"Wow! Rin-rin, that was amazing! It has such a playful and elegant vibe- perfect for us!" Reiji clapped." Don't you think so too,Myu-chan?"

What will YOU say?

After a moment of silence, Camus says, "Passable."

"Isn't that great, Rin-rin?" The girl simply nods." We look forward to the complete song."

. . . . . . .

One day, Catarina accompanies Eiji to his work. From the morning, he was busy with TV program, an interview, a commercial recording, radio show and now a show with all of HEAVENS.
While they were on break, Eiji ,Nagi and Catarina went to get drinks for everyone from the machine. Nagi immediately started drinking his cola by the machine. Catarina plops on a nearby bench .

"Eiji, after this let's discuss about your song."

"Thanks, Rin-chan. Sorry for making you come with me."

"Don't be. I need to observe you more for your solo anyways."The blonde took out a pouch from her bag."And, to have your song pop into my mind, I need to rejuvenate my brain cells. None but chocolates can help me with that."

After she puts her hand inside the pouch, her hands come to a standstill, so does her breathing. She becomes frozen.

No.No.No.No.No!!

"Rin-chan? You suddenly look pale?" The pouch drops from her grasp.

"Rinna?" Now even Nagi stopped drinking his cola. The two boys stand in front of the sitting female.

"T-They're....not here! They're aren't any chocolates!None at all!!!" The look of horror on her face makes the two boys sweatdrop.

"Maybe you finished them?" Eiji suggested.

"No!I'm sure there were five more left."

Nagi spoke like it was no big deal, "Ah! ...Van and I ate some."

"What? I understand you were tempted by those beauties but you could've told me sooner! I would've refilled my pouch." Catarina whined.

"I-I didn't know those were the last ones."

"...Now what? Without sugar,I can't move ...To think I would die here like this..."Catarina fake cried. Nagi and Eiji stared blankly at her.

"I remember! I received some candies earlier." The brunette pulls out a lollipop from his pocket."Here you go."

Here you go.Here you go.Here you go. His words echo inside her head.

Catarina stares in awe. "Eiji-sama. Tenshi-sama! I'll be grateful to you. I shall make you the greatest song ever!!"

" You don't have to go that far." Eiji sweatdropped.

Catarina widely opened her mouth, "Aaa."

"Can't you eat yourself?" Nagi questioned after finishing his drink.

"No energy."

Chuckling, Eiji put the wrapper in the trash and placed the lollipop inside her mouth. She began sucking the lollipop like a child."Thank you, Eiji-sama."

"I have some more.You can have them." Smiling, he gave her some more candies.She grinned, in return.

Sighing at their childish behaviour, Nagi said,"Let's go. Everyone's waiting." The three of them head back with the drinks.

* * * * * * *

"'Thank you for being here...change my world.' 'I'll get to a bright future someday...The power to receive from your smiles, making joy into a song by loving you' These are the lyrics you wrote?" Catarina asked.

"Yup. How is it?" Eiji replied.

"It's great. Really, these lyrics convey your gentle feelings. I'll make sure to create an equally gentle song." Catarina smiled.

"I'll look forward to it. I've decided the title as 'Dreamer'."The purple eyed smiled back. In reply, Catarina gives a thumbs up.

The two then start working there; Eiji on his lyrics and Catarina on Reiji's duet. Eiichi comes and places two cups on the coffee table.

"Take a break,you two."

"Thanks,"Both of them place down their papers and accept their cup.

"How's your solo going?" The taller brunette asks.

"Good" Both of them copy their leader's catchphrase.

"What about Quartet Night's duet?"

"Fine, I guess.I'm adding final touches on the song. No problem in facing brother, either." He ruffles her hair, "Good to hear."

. . . . . . .

"Thank you for your hard work, Reiji-san." Now that only the recording is left, their meetings come to an end. Camus was absent in this last meeting for work.

"Likewise, thank you, Rin-rin." Reiji smiled. The blonde felt bad for him because he had to do most of the work since Camus didn't care about this project ,or more precisely, working with his sister.

As Catarina was about to leave the meeting room, Reiji called out, "Hey, Rin-rin, let's have dinner together!"

"...eh?"

"It's the last meeting and I want to know more about Rin-rin. So,let's get something to eat together!" He stares expectantly at her.

Well,it's rude to reject an offer to dinner. Mah, it wouldn't hurt to go with him.

"..Alright."

"Yay!"

Reiji and Catarina go to a restaurant by the former's car. The girl sent a text to her friends telling them she'd be having dinner outside.

After placing their orders, Reiji speaks,"Rin-rin,the song was really nice. Thanks, again."

Hearing his compliment, Catarina shows a small smile,"You're welcome."

"Waah! You finally smiled."

"Huh?"

"You haven't smiled a single time during the meetings."

"I didn't notice that."

"I thought you didn't like working with me."

" You're wrong, Reiji-san. You're really nice and a fun person to be with."

" Hearing this makes Rei-chan so happy!" Catarina smiled back. Reiji admitted to himself that she has a nice smile.

Reiji grinned,"You know, you were really cute when you were whining about candies to HEAVENS' members."

"Wha?!You saw that?!" Reiji nodded. Light pink blush dusted on her cheeks. After all, she didn't want to be seen vulnerable by anyone;except HEAVENS.

Soon, their dinner was served and they kept in chatting. Until Reiji's expression turned serious,"Hey Rin-rin....what exactly happened between you and Myu-chan?"

Catarina choked on her drink. No one has asked about it till now, except that she herself told HEAVENS.

"Rin-rin! Are you alright?" Reiji exclaimed after seeing her cough. She nodded,

"I'm surprised,that's all. It's the first time someone asked about this."

"If you're uncomfortable, then you don't have to say it."

Catarina thought about it. It's high time I let the past bother me anymore. His offer to refuse telling was tempting since she doesn't want to remember her past. But, she promised her friends that she won't let this matter bother her any longer.

"No, I should tell you." Reiji muttered a small thanks.Catarina felt fine talking to Reiji about it since he has a comforting aura.

Clearing her throat, the blonde began, "Let's start from the beginning, ours is a noble family;one that has been serving the queen for years. Both our parents used to work in the royal palace. Their marriage was arranged and they hardly talked to each other. We meant nothing to them. You can say, we never got parental love from them . At that time, brother and I had only each other."

She continues,"When we were little, he was always beside me. He taught me the basic of music and the piano. I guess, my love for music came because of him.My first eight years went by happily with him. I didn't care about anything as long I could be with him. But, he was appointed as the queen's knight when he was nine years old,meaning I was five." She found Reiji listening carefully to the story.

"It was fine for the first three years. Then as his responsibilities started increasing, he started spending more time in the palace. He spoke with me fewer; sometimes he didn't return to the estate at night. In a word, he started to become distant. I knew he was tired so I tried to help him relax however how I could. Although, that attempt failed since he snapped at me telling me that I was a bother and to not meddle needlessly with him." Shock flashed through Reiji's eyes.

"Honestly, I was dejected. My parents had yelled at me many times before that but it was the first time brother snapped at me. I didn't give up, though. I thought of that as unintentional because he was tired. Because of being a noble, I had to learn many things. Along with piano and violin, I learned to cello like brother. I used to wish to perform cello one day. That wish never got the chance to come true.Because ,as time passed, in his eyes... I had vanished.
He didn't answer me,unless it was important,when I tried to talk with him. Nor did he glance at me even if I stood in front of him.He...became just like our parents."

"That one time when he forgot some documents back in the estate, I went to the palace instead of sending someone else to do it....I can't forget how coldly he looked at me." Catarina drank some water as her throat became dry from talking so much.

"Rin-rin, you don't have to tell me more if it pains you," Reiji said. The female shook her telling him that she's fine to continue.

"Like the fool I was, I kept believing that everything will return to how they once were. When I was ten years old, mother passed away. To be honest, I didn't feel anything;no pain, no sadness. Yeah, I felt bad that she passed away, but like I would feel if a stranger passed away;I'm sure brother felt the same too. Months passed like that. Then,one day, I had an accident. Because of falling from a running horse,I was badly injured."

Reiji gasps at that. Catarina gives an awkward smile before continuing,
"I was bedridden for a month. Brother didn't even visit me once. That's when the truth dawned on me. I....was a nobody to him. I didn't matter to him...He abandoned me yet I kept on hoping that he still cared about me. That truth made me cry to sleep many times. After all, I lost my only family member then."

"Rin-rin..."

"Years passed like that.Nothing had changed and I decided to remain a nobody to him. All that time, I endulged myself in music. Then,last year, father and the queen fixed me in a marriage. Moreover, with an already married man, as his mistress.
The single thought it disgusts me."

"What?!"

"Since brother was the queen's most faithful knight, if he had asked her to stop the marriage, she would've done so. I pleaded to him to help me out of the situation ,but he decided to sit back and watch me suffer.Back then, I had given up all hope. I was tired of crying so much and just decided to surrender myself to my cruel destiny."

She looks out through the window and smiles warmly,"Later,I got the chance to watch the UtaPri award concert for a short while. Within that short time, I was only able to see HEAVENS' perform. I was starstruck after seeing their performance. Their song gave me hope and the courage to
not give up. My buried dream of becoming a composer came back to me." Reiji smiles after hearing that.

"And then I broke off my engagement to that old hag with the cost of cutting all ties with my so called family and leaving Permafrost. One thing led to another ,and here I am now as HEAVENS' composer."

"Good for you, Rin-rin." Reiji smiles brightly at her. Catarina nods,"That's why, I can't forgive brother. To me, he's a cold and cruel person. Perhaps the younger him acted nice to me so that I would always listen to him. It all must've been an act....But, Reiji-san, I don't want you to change your impression of him because of what I said."

"Okay,if that's what you want." Reiji's heart clenched at the girl's story. He can't imagine how lonely she must've been for all those years. His loneliness , when his bandmates ignore him, is nothing compared to hers.

Not too long after, Reiji drops Catarina to her home. After thanking him for the treat, the young woman went straight to her room since no one was back yet.

While lying in her bed, she thought to herself before falling asleep.You promised that you'd sing my song. I wonder, can this actually be counted as you fulfilled it?

To be Continued.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

3K 12 24
Shika is a 16 year old girl aspiring to be a singer who composes her own music. However, she has one problem, she can't speak, she only has the abili...
6.2K 250 8
Eijiro Kirishima a red scaled hybrid dragon was messing around in some forest, minding his own business. He wasn't expecting that on this day, he'd m...
5.6K 285 17
❝"Huh...? You want QUARTET NIGHT to split?" "I don't plan that, but that would be nice too." he grinned. ".... A-And how do you plan to do that?" I s...
2.2K 27 89
~ Stories that I created based on images of Utapri or songs. ~ Started at: @_haruka.nanami on Instagram ~ I also post them on @ _utapri.stories on In...