Protector Of Worlds ~ Teen wo...

By cinderpixle

One family over the whole multi-verse is picked to connect the whole of the multi-verse. How they do that tra... More

Cast and copyright
Trailer
How We Got Into This Mess
They Just Had To Be Drunk
Between The Wolf and The Moon
Dropping the game, Explaining the Magic
Murder Victim, Wrong Killer
No Moon Still Violence
Dreams, and Stiles Sweet Talk
Lunch, Dates, Phone Calls, and School Busses
The Danger of Wolves-band
There is a Reason Blockbuster is Closed On My Earth
Maybe He Can Live With This
Weakness Is The Key
He gave him an hour
Getting Drunk, and A few Panic Attacks
Fighting the Moon
Car Chase and Symbolism
He followed us
Confrontation
The Teenage Equivalent of a Ball
Part Two
Morphine and Funerals
New Wolf on Block
Good Girl gets Fangs
Lone wolf gets a pack
New Information
Crystal Clear
Hisses Everywhere You Go
50 Feet
Rave, I Think
One Life Lost a Seconded Reborn
'Well That's New'
Because I'm Freaking Out
The Key To Saving Him
Three Not Normal Teens Enjoying A not Normal Night
Part 3a
Open Wounds Can Heal
The Start Of The End
A night with Homicidal Werewolves
Don't think about The bug
Bus Ride Headed For Hell
Motel California
He Is The True Alpha
The Life Story Of Derek Hale
The Banshee Tell
Life in A Cell
We Don't Know What To Do
The Sixteen Hours
Pro nostrum officium potest non evenire non auxilium tuum
What Is The Doppelganger?
Part 3B
Hallucinating
Malia
[Insert John Mulaney Quote Here: One About Feeling Crazy Please]
Let the nightmare begin
I Swear to God
Giving Me Hope
A world without Color
My mind is Pinned to a Wall
Nightmare
Chaos and Strife
Bandages in the White Room
I fear for You Allison Argent
The Ones You Can't Save
The plans for our Lives
Part Four
A Sea OF Sand
Rain On His Parade
The Bite of an Innocent
While I'm Still Here
Devenford Prep
Not an update
Well, Well, Well
Pestilence
Knocking on death's door
Banshees and Doppelgangers
Into The Fire
We Can Save Them
May The Truth Come To Bite Me In The Ass
A Real Date
Going berserk
One Last Dance
Homecoming
Epilogue
This is not the end (Author's Note)
Extras
Incorrect Quotes
Tattoo
If I Die Young
Love Vs. In Love
Look To The Stars
Inter-Dimensional Conversation
Kiss Me
You can Have It!
The Dangers Of A Flame
Senior Scribe
Author's Note

sleep. You Lose Fear.

16 3 0
By cinderpixle

Chapter 12 : Sleep. You lose fear.

I pushed open the doors to the hospital, still bloodied and scared. My mind was racing unsure what I was registering. Everything around me was a blur, nothing made sense. All three of them just fell to the ground, then blacked out.

"CAITLIN!" I felt someone grab my shoulders. "Caitlin, calm down." This time I could tell it was Melissa McCall.

"Wh-Where are they?" I asked my voice frantic, tears of anger boiling up in my eyes.

"Right this way." Melissa, Looked into my eyes dropping her hands, "They're gonna be okay."

~

My breath got stuck in my throat as I walked into the room where Lottie Chloe and Evlynn laid on separate hospital beds. This was my fault. If all that time ago, I had just said no, none of this would have happened. They would have been safe.

I felt someone grab my hand from behind, giving it a small squeeze. A few tears fell down my face with a burning pain. I still don't know whose hand I was holding but I started to drag them over to where Lottie was.

I let my body shake. "It's my fault." I whispered out as the tears started to flow.

"How is it your fault Cait?" That's when I realized it was Scott who was with me.

"If I had just- just said no. We would have never come here. They-they wouldn't have gotten hurt."

Scott sighed, "Cait. I know it's not what you want to hear, but I'm really glad you gave in. I'm really glad you're here."

"Doppelganger. What is the Doppelganger?" Lottie started to mutter, her body rolling from side to side. "Richie. That little runt."

"Cait who is she talking about?" Scott asked, tilting his head to the side so he could hear her better.

"Richie is the ten year old boy that lives next door to her back on earth 33."

"Wait, Cait." Scott paused, turning to face me, "What if they're remembering life before Beacon Hills."

"Maybe." I said meekly, "Or maybe I'm just a terrible person, who put the people she cared about most at risk." I felt Scott turn me towards him before his lips hit mine. The fear in my body melted away as I wrapped my arms around his neck. It felt like he was bringing me back to earth. Slowly I pulled away so I could breath. I huff out a breath, "What was that for?"

Scott rested his forehead one mine, "To remind you that none of this is your fault."

There was a knock on the doorframe that pulled the two of us apart. Stiles stood in the door, his face glim. His eyes were puffy and red, and his skin more pale than normal. "How-How are they?"

"I don't know." I spoke with all honesty, the small steady beeps of all three heart monitors filling the air. "I really don't know."

"I don't mean to make things worse, but when we were at the lake house, Lydia was on the phone. She heard something. Something that was running through the deadpool, she asked me why it kept saying that 'Caitlin is the doppleganger?'"

I sighed, "We can worry about that later." I drop my hands from around Scott's neck, walking over to Chloe.

I grabbed Chloe's limp hand. Her body was cold but I think it was from the IV, seeing as her vitals were fine. I wish I could see what was going on inside her mind. Make sure she is okay. I heard a sigh from the other side of the room, then two sets of footsteps. When I looked back up from Chloe, Stiles was outside the room on the other side of the window, Scott next to him, both giving me a sad smile.

Lottie was the only one of the three who was getting words out. Chloe and Evlynn were just completely still. My body shook with pain as I slammed my eyes shut, tears falling.

Third Person POV

Scott sighed as he watched Cait cry. He wanted to be there next to her, trying to make her feel better. But the doctor came by and said it was only family now that visiting hours were over.

Stiles was having many of the same thoughts as Scott. But he let one more slip into his mind. What if this was where they said goodbye? What if this is how they remember they are from another earth? What if this is how Stiles loses one of his best friends?

It didn't help either of the boys that they both just wanted everything for the Holmes girls. They never wanted them to get hurt. Never wanted to see them like this. Breaking down, over the uncosision body of another. They both learned a long time ago that those four girls would do anything for eachother. Anything, and everything.

Stiles remembered the one time when Gerard kidnapped him from a lacrosse game. As soon as Lottie found out he was safe at his house she ran over. But when Caitlin sent her a text, she sprinted one thought in mind. Save My Sister.

Scott remembered the time when Peter tried to kill everyone after the formal. He had turned in front of Allison, and Lottie after the Argent's tried to kill him. Cait sent Lottie home, trying to keep her safe. And when Lottie didn't listen Cait tried to stand in front of every blow at the Hale house. Whether it was the end of a gun, or the side of a claw. Or even just a few days ago when Caitlin almost went into shock when she saw her siblings name on the deadpool.

Both boys knew that they would have to explain what the doppelganger was to the rest of the pack And neither knew how they would react. They both found it odd that not even Allison was mad when Caitlin told her. Then again, Cait didn't tell Scott or Stiles, Deaculion, and the nogitsune did. Allison found out because she was meant to die.

They really didn't think it would go over well with Malia. Especially after the whole Peter thing. Kira seemed to know bits and pisces because of her mother. Lydia would most likely be mad at first and then it would pass over by the end of the day. Part of Scott thought Isaac already knew because he lived with the McCall boy. Liam was the wide card. Both boys had no idea how the young beta would react.

Stiles sighed, "What do you think is happening to them?"

"God. I wish I knew."

"Go home." Malissa McCall sighed at the sight of the three teens that she loved so dearly. "Go home. Get some sleep."

"No."

"Scott, I'm not saying that as a nurse. I'm saying that as your mother."

"I'm sorry Mrs. McCall but we're not leaving." Neither of the boys even turned to look at the woman, still looking in through the window looking at the Holmes. "Not until they wake up."

Melissa quickly gave in, swiping her keycard to unlock the door to the room. Both boys gave a sad smile at the woman as they walked into the room. Stiles walked over to Lottie as she lay in bed. Cait was still at Chloe's side, silent tears rolling down her face. Scott walked over to Evlynn's side placing his hand over hers. Slowly his veins turned black taking a small amount of the pain away.

No one who was conscious was speaking. Scott let his head tilt, tuning into his wolf hearing. "Cait, take the damn drink, it's a party!" Lottie was whispering so quietly that it was almost inaudible. Scott wished he could understand what she was muttering about, but he wasn't willing to ask.

~

Dean Aaron Roads tore down a missing person's sign. He saw his sister's face everywhere now. Caitlin, Lottie, Chloe, and Evlynn had been missing for six weeks. Police were starting to give up on the four girls that no one had seen since a party.

But Dean knew his sister better than anyone. He knew little Kit-Kat would have gone to another world. That was her job since birth, but what if she didn't remember? They were last seen at a party, so part of him kept thinking what if they forgot who they were?

At first Dean truly thought his sister and her friends were taken, at least until his parents explained something to him. They had lied to both Dean and Cait their whole lives. If you know who you were you never lost your memory on a different earth, but if you stayed for an extended period of time, it would take you past the number of seconds it would normally take.

Caitlin had only taken Dean with her to another earth once, but he would never forget it. The time in between worlds was a rush, a feeling like no other. Then didn't go anywhere special, truly Dean couldn't tell you where they went, it was just a normal world. Part of him thought she used Boy Meets World to get there. Of course they were only there for a day in that world's time. They would have half to be in whatever world for at least a year and a half for time to start again here.

He just hoped they went somewhere safe. That the girls weren't lying in hospital beds, unable to speak. At the very least he knew Cait had a fall back, whatever powers she had. Most of the time she just lit a flame but she could do more.

"Dean!" Dean turned his head to look at little Richie. He was the boy who lived next door to Lottie. The older Roads just gave a wave before continuing to walk, the ball up paper still in his hand.

Dean had done much in the last few weeks. His mind was too cluttered. His grads were dropping slowly, and he had just broken up with his girlfriend. His free time had been filled with trying to find what part of the muilt-vere his sister was. "Come home Kit-Kat."

First Person POV~ Caitlin Roads/Holmes

The next day

I haven't moved since last night. I haven't slept either. I still sat in the green chair, the corner of the room was the only place you could see all three of my sisters.

I was biting my necklace when I heard the knock on (in?) the doorframe. I looked up and Scott stood in the door. He sighed, "Did you sleep at all?"

"No." I sighed myself, "Your Mom told me to go home hours ago, but I-I can't leave them."

Scott walked farther into the room, taking Lottie's hand, his veins turning black. They were still in pain? God, why wasn't I there? Slowly Scott walked over to me, a half smile on his face. "Do you-?"

"What? No." I moved over, in the small chair so Scott could take a seat. I let myself fall into him, placing my head on his shoulder and my legs on the seat, so my body was in a ball. In his arms.

"Get some sleep, Caity." His voice was low as he placed a kiss on my head. "I mean it."

"But-"

Scott sighed, "But, I'll still be awake. If they wake up. I'll wake you up." I nodded into his shoulder letting myself drift.

~

I woke to something moving next to me. It felt like all heat left my body as I slowly opened my eyes. "Scott?" I crooked out, my voice horse.

"Shh, it's okay. Just go back to sleep."

"Where are you going?"

"Lydia just needs to talk." I nod, falling down the side of the chair, till my eyes closed again.

Third Person POV

Scott looked up when he heard a knock at the door. Lydia stood giving him a small smile. The McCall boy put his finger to his lips, then pointed to Cait still in his arms. Lydia's smile fell, "We need to talk."

Scott gave her a questioning look, "About?"

Lydia sighed, not wanting to make her friend seem like a liar, "About, Cait."

Scott nodded, shifting Cait so he could stand. The boy got about four feet before he heard his name. "Scott?"

The boy turned, "Shh, it's okay. Just go back to sleep." he whispered trying to get Cait to stop worrying.

"Where are you going?"

"Lydia just needs to talk." Cait nodded before slumping down in the seat.

Scott sighed before walking out of the room, closing the door behind him. The boy followed Lydia to a room down the hall. Everyone else in the pack was already in the room. Stiles and Allison reeked of anxiety.

Malia's jaw was tight and Kira was twisting her hands into knots, Isaac sat in the corner not really showing any emotion, and as for Liam, he didn't really seem to know what was happening.

"Lydia. What's this?" Scott spoke, closing the door to the room.

Lydia pulled out a 7 inch folder from her bag, "You ever heard of a doppelganger?"

"Why?" Allison asked, before Scott could.

Lydia started to take pages out of the folder placing them on the empty hospital bed, sorting them into piles. "Well when I was on the phone with Stiles yesterday, when he was at the lake house. I heard something, coming from the deadpool. Well I heard a lot of things, but the one that stuck in my head was that 'Caitlin Roads is the Doppleganger.'" Lydia paused holding up a piece of paper. "So I went online and looked up Caitlin Rods, because even though Caity's birth parents last name is Roads, she doesn't go by it. I ended up finding a girl named Catherine Maria Roads. She lives in Nashville."

"Okay, why does that matter?" Stiles asked, his heartbeat spiking.

"Come look at her picture." Everyone in the room went to stand around the hospital bed, trying to see the photo Lydia was showing them.

"Wow." Kira didn't know what else to say.

"She-She looks exactly like..." Liam started.

"Like Cait." Isaac finished. He knew about all of this already, the benefits of werewolf hearing. And living with Scott. Well not about this girl but about the doppleganger.

"Exactly. And when was the last time in our lives that something was a coincidence?" Lydia asked.

"Freshman year." Stiles spoke trying not to give anything away.

Lydia nodded. Allison just shook her head, "So what? Cait leads a double life?"

"No." Lydia pulled out a smaller file from the first file. "She just didn't tell us everything. I started to dig into the term 'doppelganger' . Everything in here is what I found." Lydia passed the alpha the second file.

Scott started to flip through the pages. Mentally he sorta the information. Only reading anything that was real. "You think she's the doppelganger? A doppelganger?"

"Exactly. Just maybe she had no idea."

"No I knew." Everyone in the room turned to Cait's voice. "I think we should talk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

354K 5.9K 23
Their love is unconditional, bounded by hundreds of years together. An Original vampire and an Original hybrid put together makes the world a dangero...
2.9K 136 57
When most people hear the name Catlin Bennett they think "Oh, yeah. Everyone knows her." She's best friends with Elena Gilbert and the adopted sister...
1.3K 27 26
Reality is a concept as elusive as it is pervasive, shaping our understanding of the world around us and our place within it. But what if the boundar...
8.3K 205 10
I always sucked at descriptions, so let's give this a try. 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐧 𝐎𝐧𝐞? 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐓�...