Protector Of Worlds ~ Teen wo...

By cinderpixle

One family over the whole multi-verse is picked to connect the whole of the multi-verse. How they do that tra... More

Cast and copyright
Trailer
How We Got Into This Mess
They Just Had To Be Drunk
Between The Wolf and The Moon
Dropping the game, Explaining the Magic
Murder Victim, Wrong Killer
No Moon Still Violence
Dreams, and Stiles Sweet Talk
Lunch, Dates, Phone Calls, and School Busses
The Danger of Wolves-band
There is a Reason Blockbuster is Closed On My Earth
Maybe He Can Live With This
Weakness Is The Key
He gave him an hour
Getting Drunk, and A few Panic Attacks
Fighting the Moon
Car Chase and Symbolism
He followed us
Confrontation
The Teenage Equivalent of a Ball
Part Two
Morphine and Funerals
New Wolf on Block
Good Girl gets Fangs
Lone wolf gets a pack
New Information
Crystal Clear
Hisses Everywhere You Go
50 Feet
Rave, I Think
One Life Lost a Seconded Reborn
'Well That's New'
Because I'm Freaking Out
The Key To Saving Him
Three Not Normal Teens Enjoying A not Normal Night
Part 3a
Open Wounds Can Heal
The Start Of The End
A night with Homicidal Werewolves
Don't think about The bug
Bus Ride Headed For Hell
Motel California
He Is The True Alpha
The Life Story Of Derek Hale
The Banshee Tell
Life in A Cell
We Don't Know What To Do
The Sixteen Hours
Pro nostrum officium potest non evenire non auxilium tuum
What Is The Doppelganger?
Part 3B
Hallucinating
Malia
[Insert John Mulaney Quote Here: One About Feeling Crazy Please]
Let the nightmare begin
I Swear to God
Giving Me Hope
A world without Color
My mind is Pinned to a Wall
Nightmare
Chaos and Strife
Bandages in the White Room
I fear for You Allison Argent
The Ones You Can't Save
The plans for our Lives
Part Four
A Sea OF Sand
Rain On His Parade
The Bite of an Innocent
While I'm Still Here
Devenford Prep
Not an update
Well, Well, Well
Pestilence
Banshees and Doppelgangers
Into The Fire
We Can Save Them
sleep. You Lose Fear.
May The Truth Come To Bite Me In The Ass
A Real Date
Going berserk
One Last Dance
Homecoming
Epilogue
This is not the end (Author's Note)
Extras
Incorrect Quotes
Tattoo
If I Die Young
Love Vs. In Love
Look To The Stars
Inter-Dimensional Conversation
Kiss Me
You can Have It!
The Dangers Of A Flame
Senior Scribe
Author's Note

Knocking on death's door

30 3 0
By cinderpixle

Chapter eight : Knocking on death's door

"She'll come back you know." Scott hummed into my hair, "Malia."
"We'll she? I mean we kept a huge lie from her." He spoke into my neck as we laid on his bed, my back to his chest.

"I know. But I also know she's in it for the long hall, and she gets over it. I know your entire highschool crece remember?"

"Yeah I remember." He joked pulling me closer into him.

"Any other news?"
"I think I'm finally getting through to Liam." He whispered, I could feel his breath on my neck.

"You do know the kid practically worships you, right?"
He laughed, "Now, or three months from now?"

"Hmm, Like three weeks from now."

"I can work with that." a small giggle released from my lips as Scott started to trail kisses down my neck. I turned around so I could kiss him on the lips. It was bright and blissful and it made me want to take him away from all of this. No more werewolves, no more assassins.

I rolled to the side pushing Scott down onto his back. Both of us deepened the kiss. Scott's hands started to slip under my shirt. It was perfect till someone knocked on his door. We both groaned as I rolled off of him. "Come in." Scott mumbled sitting up so he could look at who was at the door.

Isaac walked in with a very smug look on his face. "Sorry to interrupt."

I roll my eyes, "No you're not. Now what is it?"

"You're right, I'm not. Stiles is waiting down stairs." Isaac paused, "Are we really doing this?"

Scott shook his head yes, "We'll be fine."

~

Stiles pulled the last computer from his bag, placing it on the island counter of Scott's kitchen. It was unnerving the way we were all standing like we were vomiting a bank heist. "Is three enough?" Kira asked. It took way too much of me not to laugh. Kira will always be our sweet summer child.

Lottie sighed, opening the laptop in front of her. (Just to be clear when I say 'we' I'm referring to Scott, Stiles, Lottie, Kira, Isaac, and Liam. Allison, and the twins were trying to get Lydia to unlock the last part of her code. This part wasn't a key, just information. And we couldn't do this without Stiles or Lottie, so.) "Well that depends on how many cameras they have. But It should be."

"Are we really doing this?" Liam looked at all of us like we were crazy. His eyes finding their way to his alpha.

"We're doing it. Tonight." Scott tried to give Liam a smile, but it wasn't even effective.

"But isn't it kind of dangerous?"

"Yeah. It's incredibly dangerous." Stiles spoke up.

"Don't forget borderline idiotic. I mean there's a chance Scott just blows his head right off." Isaac adde, earning a glare from both Scott and myself.

Liam's eyes flashed from me to Scott and back again. "Have you guys done something like this before?"

"Well that depends. Something dangerous or something idiotci?" My sister asked the freshman.

I sigh, "I'm gonna be honest it's a yes to both. And an extreme stretch, but options are low."

Scott looked right at his beta. "You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to."

"I'm not scared." Liam said with a hint of doubt.

"Good then you're just as crazy as the rest of us." Lottie said with a smirk.

Stiles put his hand on the beta's sholder, "And borderline idiotic." he removed his hand turning back to Scott, "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that right?"

Kira shook her head, "How do we even know something's definitely coming?"

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required." Scott explained.

"And Simon said the same thing to me right before he almost shot my brains out." Stiles added. "He said he couldn't get paid by the benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."

"So the rdicusly dumb idea is, what if you kill someon on the deadpool, but you cant send proof?" I explain to Kira, Lottie, and Liam's perplexed faces.

"You don't get paid." Isaac pursed his lips. "Yeah I don't get it."

"Isaac right. How does that get us any closer to the benefactor?"

"He.. or a guess she.. Needs to know if the target's really dead." Lottie said catching on.

"Exactly. Especially if it's someone high on the list."

"Not just high but the highest." I finished for Stiles. Deep down I knew I was only okay with this because I knew everyone came out alive on the other side.

"So if he wants visual confirmation..." Liam stars.

Scott nods, "He has to come get it himself."

"All right. Stiles" Stiles turns to face me, "How good are your acting skills?"

~

"SCOTT!" I cried dragging Stiles behind me for our cover up. "Scott!" Tears started to form in my eyes.

Stiles' breath became uneven as nurses shoved us out of the ER. We watched as they gave him shocks, tears starting to come from Stiles as. Even if we didn't have a way to bring him back I knew the shocks would only make it worse for the wolf.

Neither of us could hear what Liam's step-father was saying inside the ER, but we watched anyway. Hand in hand Stiles and I watched our best friend die. And if we ran out of time, stay dead. I'm just amazed none of the doctors got sight of any kinies or red eyes.

We watched as Dr. Geyer bent over the ER bed, sighing he spoke into his wrist. The entire room looked scared out of their minds. It was quite, so quiet I heard the words, "Would someone please page Melissa McCall."

I let out a scream turning into Stiles' shoulder. Melissa came running down the hall. I let out another sob as Melissa pushed into the hospital's ER. Once other nurses came towards the noise of Mrs. McCall's screams they started to push me and Stile Back.

As soon as we were far enough away that Melissa's screams would cover everything up we stopped. "I'll go to the morgue check in with Kira and her mom. And you know, make sure Liam doesn't have a mental breakdown and end up ripping a door off. You go setup the computers. The room they were keeping Braeden in should be empty."

Stiles nodded, breaking away from me and ran down a second hall. I wiped away some of the tears, truly amazed that I could fake cry that much. Kira was waiting for me outside the small room. She gave me a look as I wiped away the last of the tears. "I'm good. It's not the first time I had to fake cry."

About 10 minutes later Stiles comes into the morgue, Melissa on his heels. Stiles walked a bit quicker over to where I was standing, looking down at my boyfriend's body. Mrs. McCall took more time, walking over to her son.

"I still hate this plan." You and me both. "I mean this is pretty significantly terrifying. He looks dead."

Mrs. Yukimura looked over at the fellow mother, then at her own daughter and back. "Give me your hand."

Melissa looked to me and Stiles, both of our eyes still bloodshot. "It's okay." He breathed out as I just nodded.

Melissa held out her hand for Mrs. Yukimura to take. She put it over her son's heart. There was part of me that thought unlike the last time he died, we speed his heart up, not down. "Wait for it." Melissa sighed a breath of relief when she felt the steady heart beat.

"Is that enough to keep a werewolf alive?"

"Well it's enough for an alpha. I don't know about Liam or myself." I cracked a smile at what Isaac said.

"How much time do we have?" Melissa asked, removing her hand.

I took a breath, "45 minutes."

"What happens after that?"

Kira shafted her weight, "I bring him back the same way."

Mlissa's eyes go from Kira to her mother then Isaac then Liam. Not even turning to look at Stiles or me. "No, I mean what happens if he stays like this longer than 45 minutest?"

All of us share a glance. "No one's told her?"

"What? Caitlin what happens after 45 minutes?"

I looked up from Scott to his mother, "He dies. But we're not gonna let that happen."

We all stood still for a moment. Isaac exhaled a breath, "Stiles we have to go talk to Argent. He said he would help get intouch with then benefactor. Cait..."

"Go make sure no one breaked into the room, and steals our computers full of hacked webcams, I know."

Isaac nods as he and Stiles leve. I take one last look at Scott, exhaling a breath that could cause a wind. And followed them out.

~

I pick up my phone when Isaac's name comes across it. "Okay Cait. Me and Argent are in lace. You ready?"

I pressed the last key, splitting the three computer screens into fours. Stiles doing the same with the one in front of him, and Kiar with hers. "Yeah. We're ready."

"Okay, try it now." I right clicked at the mouse of my keyboard, each screen loading in cameras from around the hospital.

"Whoa." Liam spoke from behind me subconsciously.

"We're good." I spoke into the phone taking it away from my ear and placing Isaac on speaker. "Let's do this."

First Person POV~ Scott McCall

I woke up in a completely blue room. I turned around and one wall began to glow white. A set of globes started to appear on the light, lined up in rows, with a number next to then like an exponent.

One of the numbers on the seconded row was circled. 33. Without thinking I reached my hand up and swiped into the light. The whole room bagane to spin. The light taking over the blue.

When It stopped it was as if I was looking at a movie screen. Two little girls, max seven years old, were running down a path right in front of a woods. "Lottie! Lottie! Slow down!" One of the two screamed, giggling as she tried to catch up.

"Uhh, come on Cait. New negobres means new people. New people means new friends." So this was Lottie and Cait when they were younger.

The scene glitched ending with seven year old Lottie and Cait standing in front of a door. Lottie gave a gapped tooth smile rigging the doorbell. A woman in her late 20 answered the door, looking down at the two girls. "Well what can I do for you today?"

Lottie pointed to Cait, "Well you see my friend here lives down the street and we were just wondering if there was anyone here who would maybe want to come play with us before school starts this year?"

"Chloe, Evlynn!" The women called, "Why don't you two come out front?!"

The scene changed once more. Chloe Evlynn Lottie and Cait sat around a table, a game of cards set up. They were older now, maybe 13. 14. A boy just a little younger than I was now entering the room, holding a puppy. "Hey Kit-Kat, I was gonna take romoa on a walk, but I was thinking since you have these amazing friends. Maybe you would be willing to do it?"

Chloe laughed, "Really Dean. Pining off responsibilities? Not very mature."

The boy..Dean rolled his eyes, "That's part of being 15. Look Rachel is coming over and I want her to like me."

Cait hummed, "My big brother likes a girl. As a teenage girl myself I can say this, wait till she get's her and then you and her walk the dog. She will a) think our dog is cute as anything. And B) become so poured at the work you put in." Cait laid down what was in her hands. "I fold."

"Scott." I heard my name far off as what was in front of me changed again. "Scott." This time I turned, faced with a door on the blue wall behind me "Scott."

I gave in opening the door. It led to a small metal crawl space with only a slit of light on the other side. I turned my head back to where Chloe and Evlynn were in a pool, maybe nine this time. Inhaling a shape breath I started to army crawl down the metal shoot.

The door to the blue room samed behind me, locking me in, sighing I continued to crawl getting farther then closer to light. By the time I reached the end I had to punch through the metal.

I fell to the floor coming out of a locker, in the middle of the school hallway. Lottie stood at the only other open locker in the hall, just next to the one I came out of. Cait next to her, trying to hide a laugh. I huff out a breath in the empty halls, standing up. "Oh shut up." Cait lets out the laugh she was holding, Lottie just shaking her head.

I take a few steps down the empty halls, the lights blinking above me. "Scott?" Caitlin's voice came through as someone rounded a corner.

"Catch!" Liam's voice yelled. On instinct I reached my hand up, catching the small white lacrosse ball he threw. I brought my arm down looking at what was now in my hand. Liam let out a small breath, "That's why your team captain." When I looked up at my beta he was completely ready for a game. Before I said anything he took off down the hall he came.

I turned my head to look back at Lottie and Cait, Lottie nodded to where Liam ran. "Go. See what the little runt wants. We'll be here when you get back." Cait just gavea smile.

I shake my head as to say I understood then started after Liam. Liam jogged down the hall entering the only open classroom. I drop the ball on the ground next to me, looking back at the girls one last time, then I enter the room.

The desks were set up in a 'v' stopping right before the teacher's desk at the head of the room. When I got there a computer loaded in Lydia's code slowly, stopping when it asked for a keyword.

I leaned down, typing my own name in, then pressing enter. The code started to unscramble, row by row names or titles loaded in.

The mute

The Orphans

The chemist

It stopped there. Every assassin we encountered so far. "I can't do that. I can't kill them." I whispered reading the names over and over.

"Someone has to." Liam spoke from beside me.

I turned to look at my beta, "Why me?"

"Because you're the alpha."

"I'm not a murderer."

"But you are a predator."

"No." I paused hoping I could get what I was about to say in Liam's head. "We're predators..But we don't have to..." It was as if I couldn't get the word 'kill' out of my mouth. "We don't have to..." My hands started to shake as I slammed my eyes shut, the computer along with them.

Someone coughed from the doorway. "Scott." I turned to see Cait covered in blood and a tomahawk in her gut. On the other side of the room, the mute had Lima pushed to the ground, taking the weapon from Cait's body and pushing it into Liam's.

Cait gripped one of the desks holding her stomach as her blood started to turn silver. "Scott. Help." I couldn't breath, but worse I couldn't move. Like my feet were glued to the floor. I looked back at the mute as he took the weapon out of Lima's back. All he did was raised a finger to where his mouth should have been. Just like the night I bit Liam.

First Person POV~ Caitlin Roads/Holmes

I check the clock. 27 minutes left. So far nothing has come up on the camrams. Isaac hasn't seen anything from outside the building. And Mrs. McCall hasn't noticed anything at the entrance. Scott was dying, and we had nothing.

"Wait Cait look at this." Kira spoke, breaking the silence.

Both me and Liam leaned over her screen, "Is that supposed to look like that?" Liam pointed to the bottom right of the monitor. The corner then went gray with the words no signal showing in the corner.

"No. No it's not." Stiles spoke crossing his arms.

"Where is that?" I asked, checking Stiles and my screens.

"It's the roof. Someone's gonna have to check it out."

"I'll go." I say thankful for something to do other than stand and wait.

"Whoa, whoa. Cait this might not just be a malfunction."

"I know. Stiles, I can light myself on fire. I got it covered."

"I'm coming with you." I hear Liam say in a rushed tone of voice. Deep down I knew he just wanted a reason to get out of that room as well.

"Okay. And you're both coming right back. Immediately." I hear a sigh from behind me, "Kids." Okay, I'm only a month younger than you Stiles, so shut the hell up.

Third Person POV

Lydia, Allison and Lottie walked around the boat house. The only light was the half moon above and the small lamp in Lydia's hands. The three girls were looking shelve by shelf for any clue to the next cipher key.

All three forze at the sound of a floorboard creaking behind them. Allison Argent grabbed a wooden oar, swinging it, only stopping when Natile Martin put her hands up. "Oh, God! Mrs. Martin I'm so sorry."

Lydia let go of a breath, "Mom. What are you doing?"

"What are the three of you doing?" Natlie shot back at her daughter."

Lottie sighed, not finding anything on the shelf she was at. "Nothing." They weren't finding anything, and they were at this lake house all day. It was pointless by now.

Lydia ran her hand through her hair, "How did you know we were here? Do you follow me?" She directed the questions at her mother as the other two girls moved anything back to where it was found.

"No. I'm getting ready for the open house tomorrow."

Lydia eyed her mother, "The open house is next week."

"Okay, I followed you." Lydia hummed at her mother, "Honey, you come up here every weekend. Sometime even during the weeks, and as far as I can tell, there's not a boy involved. Proven by the fact that your friends are here as well. So I really have no idea what you guys are up to."

Lydia rocked back on her heels, "I'm trying to figure something out. Something important. And honestly, Mom, you don't need to be involved in every single detail of my life."

"No. But I'd like to help if I can."

Lottie walked coler to her friend. "Lydia, that might be a better idea then stumbling around not sure what to look for."

Allison and Lydia sighed simultaneously. Lydia because she knew Lottie was right and Allison because Caitlin wasn't answering any of her text about how it was going at the hospital.

Lydia gave the photo of Meredith Walker to her mother, "do you know her?"

"Meredith Walker."

First Person POV~ Scott McCall

I woke back up in the blue room. Caitlin looked to be around 14 this time as she answered a door, the bell going off. A boy stood in front of the house with a 'Be my date to HoCo' sign. I didn't bother to read the whole thing. "Lottie, It's for you!" Cait yelled through the house.

"Scott." The images in front of me changed when someone called my name, just like the last time.

A young Caitlin sat at a wood dining table, her brother and parents in the room with her. "No. I think you're crazy. Dean, do you really buy any of this?"

"Cait, I watched you light yourself on fire. Humans can't do that. So yeah I think it's redicuse but it's a reason." My best guess was this is when she found out she was the doppelganger. "Scott."

The voice was louder this time. Pulling me to it like a moth to a flame. I sighed opening the blue door and crawling back into the metal tube. Once more the door slammed close behind me, giving me only the choice to go forward.

I started to crawl to the end, falling out of a locker. Lottie stood next to the locker. I fell out of Caitlin next to her. So far the only thing that changed was what I saw of Cait's life.

Caitlin bit her lower lip, trying not to laugh. "Oh shut up." I say again, pushing myself off the floor.

"I wasn't gonna say anything." She defended this time. Lottie laughed as I stood.

Once more I started down the hall, stopping when Liam yelled, "Catch!" On reflex I raised my right hand, catching the lacrosse ball. Claws out. When I looked back at Liam he just shrugged, "That's why you're the Alpha." I looked back at the ball in my hand. When I looked back up Liam Cait, Lottie and myself were now in the locker room.

I was standing hands wrapped around a sink, staring into a mirror. I felt something sharp cut my tongue, causing me to open my mouth. I looked in the morrie, fangs prominent at the front of my mouth.

"That's new." Lottie spoke with her usual amount of sass and confusion.

"There's something different, isn't there?" Liam asked, trying to clarify Lottie's statement.

"His fangs." Cait spoke from where she was.

"Uh- yeah. I got more of them. I noticed it during the quarantine. I don't know why." I turned away from the mirror just for a second to look at Cait.

"I wish I could tell you, but I got no clue." I gave her a smile turning back around to the sink.

"Maybe it's just part of being an Alpha." Liam suggested, "Like you're becoming more of a werewolf."

"Or more of a monster." I thought of all the alphas we had come into contact with. Deucalion and his gremling, to Peter, and Derek. The only other Alpha who had this many fangs was Peter. And he's a psychopath. Drivin by the kill.

"What if it makes you stronger?" Lottie said, I could just barely see the smirk on her face from the mirror.

"Yeah. What if it's like you're growing?" They became silent.

"Evolving." A new voice spoke. I turned. Lottie's head was now sprent from her body, next to her sister whose heart was cut out of her chest. I watch Liam struggle to stand.

Liam fell into me, a tomahawk buried into his skin at the center of the nine on his jersey. Blood causes the white number to blend with the red of the jersey. I looked up and once more all the Mute did was put his finger to where is mouth should be.

I looked back to Cait. Her arm lay away from the rest of her body, which was propped on her side. A hole where her heart should have been, allowing me to see the locker and mess of blood behind her, and her heart lay at least three feet in front of her.

My gaze shifted to Lottie. Her eyes were wide open in fear. Blood covered the top of her shirt, and the gold on her necklace. Her head was completely removed from her body, sitting up right on the floor. He back was to the air, blood sleeping through her jacket.

I binkled to get the image out of my mind but when I opened my eyes once more, I was back in the blue room. Caitlin's life playing on the wall.

First Person POV~ Caitlin Roads/Holmes

Liam pushed open the door to the roof, both of us running onto it. There was nothing to be seen. No one to cause a problem. At least that's what I thought.

The main power fram started to spark, making both of us shead our eyes, the air filling with smoke. "Looks like someone did something to it." Liam pointed out, removing his arm from his eyes.

I heard the snap of bone before the growls. Despite the chill that ran down my spine I turned, facing the berserker. Blood covered the skull on his head covered in dried blood. "I'm gonna say someone did."

I push my right hand out, causing a wall of flames to move around the berserker, locking it in a square of fire.

It didn't stop the beast. It just walked through the flames, now covered in a black sut. Liam looked to the ground, looking back up with golden eyes, and fangs. The beta let out a roar, moving to claw at the monster.

Liam got one hit in before getting thrown into a wires cage. I let go of a shaky breath, closing my eyes, thinking about the gut twisting feel I get when my blood goes sliver.

I raised both my hands, ripping them apart from one another. I watch as three of the bones coving the berserker's arm, crake, fall to the ground and shatter. The beast walks back now with exposed skin from when it was human. I knew I couldn't do much physically but if me or Liam could just get close enough...

The berserker stopped moving backwards, bending down. He claws my right calf, making my weight fall, then my left causing my whole body to be unable to stand. I try to clamer back to where Liam lay knocked out, but the berserker used his human hand to punch my square in the jaw, knocking my head to the ground. When I hit the cement, that was when I blacked out.

Flashback

I laid on Scott's bed, facing him. Both of us propped on our sides. "I'll be honest this plan is incredibly stuiped."

He let out a forced laugh, "Thanks for the confidence."

"But I know one good thing. We all end up alive."

"Glad to see that's how low the bar is set."

I tuck my lips into a smile, "Are you worried?"

Scott drummed his finger on his pillow, "Just thinking."

"About?"

"You know we've never actually been on a real date?"

"There's not really been time. I mean the whole 'are we dating?' conversation got pushed back because you hallucinated. Then our best friend got possessed. Then Derek went missing. The first time we were even alone was at the boat house."

"Then let's try to make time."

"Even when people are dying all around us?"

"Okay. Maybe after that." I smile, "But you remember how you said it was okay to want something?"

"Yeah. What do you want?"

"I wanna take you out. Before something else comes up, or- or.."

"Or I leave?" Scott's eyes turned sad as he nodded.

I hum, "We could see a movie. Feels like I haven't seen one since I was six."

"That sounds like a plan."

"I like this plan better." Scott smiled, leaning into me. The world slipped away as his lips touched mine. Everything felt fine. No one was dying, no one was hurt. It was just me and him, and we could save the world..s.

"CAITLIN!" I felt a pain in my head, "Cait! Get up!" This time I could put a name to the voice, Liam. "Caitlin!" I gasped as I felt Liam pull me from the ground. I didn't even have the time to ask how long I was out for because the berserker was back for round two.

Third Person POV

Natalie Martin unlocked the cage that held her mother'-in-laws ashes. She picked up the silver urn and brought it over to Lydia and her friends. "These are your grandmother's ashes."

Lydia studied the urn, "Grandma died at Eichen House."

Natalie nodded, "Your father had a difficult relationship with his mother. But after the things she said, and the way she acted..."

"He thought she was crazy?" Allison asked her friend's mom.

"Well she said she heard things."

Lydia nodded, pulling her cardigan closer around her body, "Why would she want her ashes in here?"

"Well actually she didn't." Lottie pushed off the wall she was leaning on at this statement. "She left instructions to have them spread across the lake."

All four females turn their head to look at the water, "How come you never did it?" Lydia asked her mother, watching the water ripple.

"Because she wanted you to do it." Lydia turned to face her mother, "When you turned eighteen. Don't ask me why." Natiale shook her head as if to get rid of a memory, "But since there's only a few weeks till that, I suppose now is as good a time as any." The older Martin passed the urn to her daughter.

Lydia opened the top with her friends standing next to her. All three looked down, immediately noticing the ash inside was not made from a cremation. "Mom." Lydia looked up, "These aren't grandma's ashes."

"What do you mean? Of course they are."

"No." Allison placed her hand in the urn grabbing some of the ash, "Mrs. Martin, this is Mountain Ash." Lottie took some of the ash out of the urn throwing it over the opening of the boat that led to the lake. Within seconds the black sand created a line that no supernatural could cross.

Lydia gasped, looking around like her head couldn't be still. "The whole building. It's all made of Mountain ash."

First Person POV~ Caitlin Roads/Holmes

"Can you make more skin apare?" Liam asked, backing both of us up.

"I can try." I breathed out still leaning on Liam seeing as my left leg was still bleeding. I reached my hand out my stomach twisting into a knot. My eyes clamped shut as the pain moved up my body. I heard the cracking of bone from around me, but I didn't stop till I heard something snap.

When I opened my eyes, the chestplate that was resting on the beat was broken into four parts on the ground. I felt a cold liquid start to drip down my face. "Cait?" My vision started to blur as the silver blood dripped down my face.

"Liam get out of here."

"No."

"Liam!" I shut my eyes trying to clear my vision. I felt my body be lowered and Liam's shoulders taken away from my arm. I opened my eyes at the sound of Liam's roar.

I watch the young beta jump onto a wire cage, jumping down and slashing the berserker's now exposed chest. The beast stumbled back, before falling and losing a heartbeat. "H-How did you do that?" I asked the beta.

Liam shifted back, fear in his eyes, "I have no idea."

First Person POV~ Scott McCall

I watched as a puppy ran in circles around a dark haired boy. "Dean we give up!" Lottie's voice came from a distance. "You should too!"

"Tell my sister I never give up!" Dean yelled back as a girl whose face I couldn't see came up from the image's background.

"Your sister is right behind you." Cait said with a smirk. "Now hand over the puppy."

"NOT FAIR!" Dean lowered his voice, "You have superpowers."

"Why would I use them to win back our dogs' affection?"

"'Cause you could?"

"You don't sound too sure about that."

"Shut up Kit-Kat." Cait let out a laugh tackling her older brother, fighting over the small animal. "Scott" The voice came again. I sighed know what I would have to do, third time the charm right? "Scott"

I opened the blue door, entering the metal crawl space. My body moved quicker this time, till I pushed open the end and ended on the floor of the school. Just like the last two times Caitlin and Lotttie stood at the locker next to the one I fell out of.

This time it looked like Lottie was putting something on her lips, as she turned to face the noise I created. "Really Scott? You made me mess up my lipstick." She camlined as I pushed myself off the floor.

Caitlin rolled her eyes at her sister, "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine." I started down the empty halls, the lights entirely out this time.

"Catch!" Liam yelled. Instead of a lacrosse ball I had the hilt of a military tomahawk in my hands. I turned the item over in my hand.

"Oh my God! Liam!" Caitlin can up from behind me taking a seat on the floor. I let myself look down. Liam struggled to breath as blood covered the front of his jersey.

"What the hell!" Lottie screamed sliding to the floor on the other side of Liam.

Liam looked at the blood on his hands, "Why'd you do that?"

Someone behind me gripped my wrist, "Let me help you." The metal voice of the mute spoke raising my hand as I tried to fight. I turned my head to the side, "Let me show you how." The mute started to swing my arm, and I couldn't stop it.

I.. I didn't want to stop it. "Scott?" Caitlin's voice came through as I swan the blade, my eyes flashing red. Blood started to cover my face. Liam's blood. Caitlin and Lottie were screaming, trying to hold me back, but I didn't stop.

I dropped the weapon, fangs bearded when Liam no longer had a heartbeat. A roar left my lips drawing out Caitlin and Lottie's screams. The sound started to mix with a static.

The static got louder and I started to realise what I've done. The noise continued. "Come on Scott." I could hear Stiles, but I couldn't see him. I closed my eyes, the sound becoming too much.

I woke myself with a scream, the cold metale of the morgue reminding me where I was. I took a few gasps in, and Cait grabbed my neck, making me look at her. Her breath started to match Stiles, becoming more normal, a smile covering her face as she net over placing a kiss on my lips.

I pull back, "What happened? Did it work?" No one answered me. We all turned our head as Liam rushed into the room, his eyes on Kira.

"What?"

"It's you mother.." His voice was dull. "She's hurt."

~

Caitlin sat in front of me on my bed. She was playing with her locket, the one that belonged to her sister. Twisting it around the chain. "Kira's mom is being taken to a hospital in Palo Alto. She told me they put her in a helicopter."

"She's gonna be okay right?"

"Yeah. She just wont heal as fast, now that Kira had fully embraced the fox within. Kira said she needed to be there, which I completely understand. I mean she's stuck in a hospital with a price on her head. I don't know if she said goodbye to anyone else. She only told me because I pressed her own it."

"I know. I think it's best if she goes." I took Cait's hands away from her necklace as they started to shake, inter twining my fingers with hers. "Hell, I have to go back to the hospital too, considering I was legally dead."

"For a second time."

I laughed a bit, "Said they wanted to do a bunch of tests."

"Let's just hope none make your eyes red." She sighed her hands still shaking in mine, "I wish it had worked."

"I was thinking about that. And actually, I think maybe it did work." Caitlin looked at me like I was crazy, "Not that we know who the benefactor is but we might know a lot more about him. Her?"

"But no one came. No one got visual confirmation, right?"

"That's why it might have worked. Think about it. Who has the power to know when someone's dead, but doesn't need to see the body to know it happened?"

"A banshee." Cait tilted her head, "Or actually the doppelganger, if we know what we're doing. Yeah the only thing that I can say that might help, me and Lydia have no idea what we're doing."

I laughed, "I know. Plus you were with me when the money got stolen, and Lydia was with Stiles."

"Please tell me we are not about to go travel the country to find me."

"We're not." Cait gave a fake smile, her eyes still full of fear. "What's wrong?"

"Something happened tonight."

"What happened?"

"Me and Liam, we were trapped on the roof with a berserker. And- and I broke the bones off of it."

"With like a spell?"

She shook her head. "That's the thing. It wasn't. There was just this pain in my gut. No blood, not words. I watched as the bones on its arm cracked then shattered. Then I got knocked out for about a minute. And the beaker clawled my leg, so now there was blood, but still no words. And I did it again. And the second time, it wasn't just his arms. It was the bone covering his chest."

"And you have no idea how you did it?"

"None." Her voice cracked when she said the word. "Not a clue."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

354K 5.9K 23
Their love is unconditional, bounded by hundreds of years together. An Original vampire and an Original hybrid put together makes the world a dangero...
9.7K 301 13
I do not own any of theses characters. Those rights go to Julie Plec. This doesn't really take place in the TVD seasons. So, Caroline's m...
11.5K 629 38
They were just two friend probably too obsessed with The Vampire Diaries, but can you blame them? It was a normal night, the moon was out, but both M...
8.3K 205 10
I always sucked at descriptions, so let's give this a try. 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐧 𝐎𝐧𝐞? 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐓�...