The big question (Complete ✅)

By Winnieflex

Should our beliefs be based on what we are being told? 'Men are scum', She thought. 'They are cheats and lair... More

Author's Piece
Prologue ✔
Chapter 1- I ✔
Chapter 3 - pain ✔
Chapter 4 - and strong guilt ✔
Chapter 5 - always and whenever ✔
Chapter 6 - I see your face ✔
Chapter 7 - frustrated and solemn ✔
Chapter 8 - Talking about a miserable life ✔
Chapter 9 - My boo? ✔
Chapter 10 - Cryptic Minds ✔
Chapter 11 - Teams of Themes ✔
Chapter 12 - Needs and Feels ✔
Chapter 13 - Hot blooded ✔
Let's gist small
Chapter 14 - Drama Drama
Chapter 15 - Stinky Mouth!
Chapter 16 - Besties
Chapter 17 - The suspect
Chapter 18 - Steady reveal
Chapter 19 - Stupidity
Chapter 20 - Blames
Chapter 21 - The Messenger
Chapter 22 - Plain Confusion
Chapter 23 - Handsome Devil
Chapter 24 - Busted
Chapter 25 - Worth it
Chapter 26 - Boomeranging decisions
Chapter 27 - Craving Death
Chapter 28 - Trouble on wheels
Chapter 29 - Me and her
Chapter 30 - Frienemies
Chapter 31 - Den of Deceit
Chapter 32 - Surprises
Chapter 33 - The story behind
Chapter 34 - Safe and Saved
Chapter 35 - Final Blow
Bonus Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter 2 - feel ✔

249 38 73
By Winnieflex

So I had some internet issues that's the reason for the late update but I promise another update today to make up for it.

Above is a sneak pic of Soma. I'll make a cast very soon.

Hope you enjoy this chapter.

It's Saturday. Or probably World's cleaning day.

After saying my morning prayers, I got down from my bed "Good Morning room." It's a usual thing for me to greet my room every morning.

Oluchi didn't come back from where ever it is she went to last night. I actually called her but she said and I quote.

"Don't worry about me, I'm perfectly okay but I won't be coming back tonight."

So that's how I ended up having this whole room to myself last night. It's also another usual thing because our Madam Oluchi seems to prefer sleeping outside the room.

I drew the hamper of dirty clothes from under the bed and set off to do the needful.

It took me about 3 hours to finish all my chores but at last, I finished them and now I'm going to reward myself by enjoying this delicious spaghetti I prepared and also complete my sleep.

My heart almost left my body when someone suddenly kicked the door of the room open.
"Greetings to the occupants of this room!!"

Of course... It's only Helen that can do such.

I rose from my bed and stormed towards her in anger. "Shey you know ya mad? Why did you scare me like that? This is not how to enter someone's room, I thought you are a serial killer or something." I seethed with knitted brows but she surprisingly found it amusing.

She placed her hands on her chest dramatically, "So you want to kill me because I came to see you." She crossed her arms against her chest and pouted, "In fact, I don't want to see you again. Please where's Lulu the fine girl?" She pushed me aside and walked deeper into the room.

"She's not around." I said with subdued anger as I closed the door.

She really scared the shit out of me and one thing I know is that she's not leaving anytime soon.

She sniffed loudly as she walked towards the kitchen, "Hmm...I can perceive food."

I chuckled as I sprawled on the bed "There are only two things you know in this life and that's sleep and food. And it's not even evident on your body." I said.

It's true. Helen is fair in complexion, has a very slim figure that makes me wonder where all the food she eats goes to, and full brows that I can only have in my dreams.

She has her share of beauty and also tall but I'm taller and that's by a few inches.

She walked straight to my plate rack and retrieved two plates "Please stop speaking this your English. I'm hungry biko."

I chuckled as I went on to serve both of us.

Helen and I always get to spend weekends together. It's either she comes to mine or I'll go to her hostel. We don't do many activities though we just play games, eat, chat or read.

And right now with the way she's scooping food into her mouth, I don't think there would be any left in the pot at the end of the day.

Then my phone rang.

"Who's that?" Helen asked with a mouth full of spaghetti as I picked up my phone.

"It's my Mum... Please be quiet" I made a shushing sign as I swiped across the screen.

"Hello, Mummy. Good morning... S- Sorry I mean Good afternoon." I stuttered my greetings.

This made Helen laugh inaudibly as she pinched my face.

I swatted her palm away but she persisted which made me unconsciously yell 'Stop'.

"Somuadina where are you?"

"Mummy I'm in my room" I replied as I ran my index finger across my neck and mouthed to Helen 'You are dead'. She giggled.

"Okay so how are you?"

"I'm okay Ma"

"How's your roommate? Is she with you?"

"She is fine Ma. She just went to borrow something from our neighbor." I lied and Helen coughed out a laugh.

I don't want to prove my mother's suspicious about Oluchi right, neither do I want her to think that she's a bad influence.

"Alright."

"Mummy, How are you?"

"I'm okay. I just want you to talk to your sister, That girl is seriously giving me lots of trouble." She lamented.

Somto. Somto will never cease to be the topic of discussion.

Somto is my younger sister, I'm three years older than her and we are the only children of Mrs. Felix 'Our Mother'. Our Father died two years ago in a car accident and things got rough for us because my wicked uncles accused my mother of being a witch and thereby causing the death of my father. I'm not blind to the fact that it was just a silly excuse to take over all my father's properties.

I loved my Father very much but he failed me, not just me but all of us... Don't get me wrong, he was rich and all. He always settles our bills but what he didn't realize was that 'it wasn't always about the money'. He traveled a lot and was never home, all he does is send money to mother's bank account. Few months before his tragic death Mother found out that he was cheating on her.

Well... That's a story for another day.

My uncles benefitted a lot from my Father's wealth, but in the end, they turned out to be greedy, evil, unscrupulous, ungrateful wicked sets of idiots. My father didn't have a will due to his untimely death so they took that as a golden opportunity to take over all that he owns leaving nothing for his legitimate wife and children, they threw us out of our home.

I will never forgive them. They will surely pay for their atrocities.

We lived with my maternal grandmother for a few months before mother got a promotion and a raise which enabled her to get another apartment and sponsor our schooling. Mother has gone through a lot just for us to survive and go to school so I don't understand why Somto has decided to settle for less because all of these dramas I witnessed have groomed me into the woman I am today.

"Mummy, what happened again?"

"Do you know that your sister did not come home last night?"

"What?!!" I stood up in shock and Helen stared at me in amazement, "What do you mean?"

"She went for her usual tutorials oo and She was supposed to be back by 5 pm but she didn't come back. After waiting for about two hours I went to the tutorial center and it was empty..the whole place was just empty and was as quiet as a graveyard. I got so worried."

"But why would Somto do such a thing?"

"I don't know. She switched off her phone so I couldn't reach her. I even asked her friends around yesterday but they all denied seeing her." I heard her sniffle.

Mother has always been an emotional person.

"Okay mummy calm down. Do you know where she is now?" I asked in a soothing tone.

"She's in her room"

"Ohh Thank God.." At least she's okay, "So what's her excuse this time?"

"Can you believe that she said she went shopping with her friends and by the time they were done it was already late and she couldn't come back home. She also said her phone battery was so low that's why she didn't call. Please my daughter did I send Somto to any shop? Do I not buy clothes for her? I sent her to tutorials so that she can be able to write her exams with ease. Where have I gone wrong? What if something bad has happened to her?..." She was sounding so heartbroken which was also breaking my heart.

"Mummy it's okay. If you continue like this you might increase blood pressure, please take it easy I don't want to lose you. I will talk to her I promise, Please don't worry too much okay I'll talk to her." I assured her.

"Please talk to her. Maybe she will listen to you because she no longer listens to me"

"I will okay. See Mummy what I want you to do now is to just sleep, hope you've eaten?"

"Yes... I prepared jollof rice."

"I trust you. Now just go and sleep okay, Leave that girl for me I'll personally deal with her. She can't kill my sweet mummy for me. It's impossible instead I'll kill her first." I joked in a bid to lighten the atmosphere.

She laughed a little "Please I don't want to see blood... I just want her to change for the better. I want her to learn from you."

"She will change. She just needs time." I said with a reassuring smile. Even though she can't see me.

"It's okay. Take care of yourself alright, And don't forget to tell me if you need anything."

"Ok ma, I love you... Bye." She hung up.

I dropped the phone on the table and sighed in melancholy.

Helen stared at me a bit before speaking up "So I'm guessing your sister is at it again."

I walked to the bed and sat down "I don't just know why that girl wants to push mother to an early grave. I don't know why she's bent on making her unhappy. She's just so...." I wanted to release all my anger and pain in just one breath.

"Soma just calm down..." Helen said as she moved closer to me and put her right hand on my left shoulder "I think your sister needs someone to seriously talk some sense into her before this gets out of hand." She said with full certainty.

"And you think I don't know that?" I pursed my lips, "I'm just confused. Each time I call her to explain things to her, each time I try to make her see her wrong but it's just like pouring water on a rock." I said as I flung my arms in the air dramatically.

"It's okay." She rubbed my shoulder but it wasn't helping.

"I have my own problems facing me. Now I have to deal with two. Mttchheww" I hissed loudly, "Yesterday it was Able. Today it's Somto. Only God knows what tomorrow will be"

"It's okay joor..." She shoved my shoulders playfully, "Babe you dey vex oo, See as your face don turn purple." She said and smiled.

I had no choice but to laugh, It's only Helen that can find humor in such a serious situation."My mind no sweet at all."

"But you are laughing.." She raised a brow and looked at me guiltily. "Hmm.."

"Leave me joor," I said while shrugging.

"Let's just eat in peace okay. When we're done you'll tell me about Nonso." She winked.

"Ewww... Helen, you're so unbelievable."

"Isn't that why you love me?" she opened her palms dramatically and winked again.

I laughed as I held my tummy for support.

Just then a notification popped up on my phone.

"What's that again?"

"Let me check." I entered my password and opened the message. And it read...

Dear Winner,
Enjoy it while it lasts.

"What's this one again?" I showed it to Helen.

"Is this supposed to be some kind of threat?" She asked with wide eyes.

"I don't know and it's from an unknown number."

"This is serious."

People hardly refer to me by my first name. Who sent this weird message? And what does it mean?.

####
Another chappie guys.

I think I reflected on Soma's background a little here.

Why do you think Somto is acting that way?

Who do you think sent the weird message?

I hope you liked this chapter.

There's a star on your screen, please tap it just once and don't forget to comment your honest thoughts.

Food for thought: The way you make your bed is the way you will lie on it.

Stay blessed guys💋.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.6K 5.5K 66
Tola Segun had just come back from a visit to her best friend's house. When she opened the door and went in, she finds her husband, Ola, lying on the...
23.3K 4.1K 83
"What's happening?, why are they taking you away? Say something already!! Please say something" I broke down in hot tears as I dragged him trying to...
15.6K 2.6K 30
"You know you are not getting any younger. You need to settle down for God's sake. Your sisters are all tied down to their men but yet here you are w...
285K 13.5K 46
"I know we dreamt of these things, but now it seems like your standards are too high." Adira Archibong wants to be a supermodel, but as she steps int...