The Little and the Giant (Ush...

By Jo-chan

It was the absolute rule of the court that he plays on The canon, Ushijima Wakatoshi only needed to be give... More

The Little and The Giant
I: First Meeting
II: Varsity
III: Goliath
IV: Training
V: Rumours
VI: Venting
VIII: Preparations (1)
IX: Preparations (2)
X: Demo
XI: Value
XII: Lara Wan
XIII: Chat messages
XIV: Intramurals Date? (1)
XV: Intramurals Date? (2)
XVI: Pros
XVII: Hayashi Rice
XVIII: Photoshoot
XIX: Girlfriends and Boyfriends
XX: Barbeque
XXI: Hanging Tree
XXII: "Normal" Friends
XXIII: New Girlfriend
XXIV: Drinks and Games(1)
XXV: Drinks and Games (2)
XXVI: Drinks and Games (3)
XXVII: Spill
XXVIII: Marks
XXIX: Check
XXX: Misunderstandings
XXXI: Lawrence
XXXII: Tipsy (1)
XXXIII: Tipsy (2)
XXXIV: Tipsy (3)
XXXV: Tipsy (4)
XXXVI: Concrete (1)
XXXVII: Concrete (2)
πŸ¦…XXXVIII: Manager (1)
πŸ¦…XXXIX: Manager (2)
πŸ¦…XL: Manager (3)
πŸ¦…XLI: Boy Talk
πŸ¦…XLII: Crows (1)
πŸ¦…XLIII: Crows (2)
πŸ¦…XLIV: Crows (3)
πŸ¦…XLV: Girls' Volleyball Club (1)
πŸ¦…XLVI: Girls' Volleyball Club (2)
πŸ¦… XLVII: Girls' Volleyball Club (3)
πŸ¦… XLVIII: Sleepover (1)
πŸ¦… XLIX: Sleepover (2)
πŸ¦… L: Sleepover (3)
πŸ¦… LI: Ballgirl (1)
πŸ¦… LII: Ballgirl (2)
πŸ¦… LIII: Ballgirl (3)
πŸ¦… LIV: Dreams (1)
πŸ¦… LV: (Wet) Dreams (2)
πŸ¦… LVI: (Wet) Dreams (3)
πŸ¦… LVII: Recon (1)
πŸ¦… LVIII: Recon (2)
πŸ¦… LIX: Recon (3)
πŸ¦… LX: Marked
HOLIDAY AU SPECIAL: The Giant's Little Mate
HOLIDAY AU SPECIAL: The Giant's Little Mate (2)
HOLIDAY AU SPECIAL: The Giant's Little Mate (3)
HOLIDAY AU SPECIAL: The Giant's Little Mate (4)
πŸ¦… LXI: Sub (1)
πŸ¦… LXII: Sub (2)
πŸ¦… LXIII: Sub (3)
πŸ¦… LXIV: A Starting Point
πŸ¦… LXV: Wall
πŸ¦… LXVI: Ruler
πŸ¦… LXVII: Search (1)
πŸ¦… LXVIII: Search (2)
πŸ¦… LXIX: Hidden Boss (1)
πŸ¦… LXX: Hidden Boss (2)
πŸ¦… LXXI: Hidden Boss (3)
πŸ¦… LXXII: Hidden Boss (4)
πŸ¦… LXXIII: Hidden Boss (5)
πŸ¦… LXXIV: Hidden Boss (6)
πŸ¦… LXXV: Boss Reveal (1)
πŸ¦… LXXVI: Boss Reveal (2)
πŸ¦… LXXVII: Trainer (1)
πŸ¦… LXXVIII: Trainer (2)
πŸ¦… LXXIX: Fly (1)
πŸ¦… LXXX: Fly (2)
πŸ¦… LXXXI: Fly (3)
πŸ¦… LXXXII: Change
πŸ¦… LXXXIII: Prelude
πŸŽ† LXXXIV: Memories (1)
πŸŽ† LXXXV: Memories (2)
πŸŽ† LXXXVI: Dead Stars
πŸŽ† LXXXVII: Inability
πŸŽ† LXXXVIII: Spring
πŸŽ† LXXXIX: Shackles
πŸŽ† XC: Date ✿
πŸŽ† XCI: Date (2) ✿
πŸŽ† XCII: Moon Lady
πŸŽ† XCIII: Bloom
πŸŽ† XCIV: Spring blossoms
πŸŽ† XCV: Gratitude

VII: Gossip

12.1K 435 100
By Jo-chan

"Ahh... That guy was a piece of work." Norrie mumbles underneath her breath remembering the whole ordeal with Ayaka's boyfriend. But she couldn't do anything about it anyway.

"They got back together?" You guessed and Norrie nods. The both of you sighed as you look blankly into space. "Here we go again." you both said in unison. Ayaka may have been the cute type of girl you want to protect and she may have been their friend, but she always ends up in a toxic relationship one way or another. And this was one of those.

You didn't know if it was because of the shoujo mangas you've read but she's always hurling herself to those types of boys that acted like an asshole. And her lovelife was always a sharp contrast to yours. 

Ayaka was the type to deliberately find an asshole of a partner as long as they were good looking and an athlete. And you were the type who didn't care for looks or body types as long as they weren't assholes. If they're well-mannered and okay-looking, you will usually consider their looks as a bonus. 

But by some trick the universe always seem to pull, not only were most of the dude you've dated below average in physical attributes, they also become assholes in the end. And to add, they weren't just bad in that department, they're also useless in bed. And you've made them believe that they were good despite being  bad and unfortunately, ill-equipped.  

The rim of your eyes burn as some of the memories reappear in your head. It was embarrassing. All the guys you've previously dated looked like the type you question whether you've actually dated them or not. And they all want to be together with you again though you always remember how they were usually the ones who broke up with you first... when you've been so kind to even date them in the first place. 

But that was the end of it. It's been a while since you've last dated anyone and you weren't really looking for a boyfriend or anyone to date. You know your bad luck was worse than Ayaka and you didn't want to be on the same disappointing loop.

Well, your time doesn't really need a boyfriend anyway. Right now, you have a large pet that you needed to pay attention to. 

"So how'd stuff at your end go? Didn't you went ballistic and all?" Norrie asks, relieving your rage moments at the gym the other day and you reply shortly, "A little."

"A little she says. You gave Ayaka's boyfriend a nasty blackeye aside from that nosebleed." She says and you looked elsewhere, feeling bad for the dude. But Norrie suddenly tapped your shoulder and you look at her in surprise. She suddenly gave you a smile and a thumbs up, "Nice Kill."   

"I DIDN'T KILL HIM. Don't make it sound like I did." You shouted at her but she just laughs. "I know, I know. I was just copying Ushiwaka's teammates." She raises her arms in defense. 

"But, good job for getting even, though the dude's scared of you now." she reminds you and you only sighed. That oughtta teach him a lesson though.

"Wasn't the coach mad at you for disturbing their practice?" she asks and you shake your head. "He says if I help him with their training menus, its all good." You explained and she only grins.

"Making you do free work then?" She says and you only shrug your shoulders. "It's easy work anyway."

"Claire's really scary."

"But when you realize she's pretty tiny, it makes you want to pat her head, right?" Some guy suddenly said and the others all looked at him with a deadpan expression.

"No."

"The shorter they are, the closer they are in hell." The captain says, his eyes flaring up at a terrifying rate.

"Huh? Aren't you just exaggerating, Captain?" 

"You weren't here when she broke balls and faces so of course you're saying that!" The others nodded in unison, subconsciously shielding their crotch, remembering the sacrifice of one of their teammates.

"But doesn't she look kind of familiar?" someone suddenly brought up and raised the topic.

"That's kinda true." 

"She doesn't look like the average foreign girls you see here, either."

"We're used to seeing her but she's actually pretty."

"That's also true."

"But I swear I've seen her somewhere."

"Well, What do you think about her, Wakatoshi?" The others suddenly looked at the man in question. "That's true. I kinda want to know what Ushijima thinks." the others crowded in. "He's the closest one to her after all."

Ushijima looks at them before opening his mouth. "Claire is... impressive." he says. 

"I want to play against her." he adds and the others flopped to the floor.

"AH! It's no use. He sees totally sees her as a practice buddy." 

"Ushijima, You shouldn't tell her those scary things." his senior suddenly says and pats his shoulder.

"Scary things?" Ushiwaka looks at him, puzzled.

"If you tell a girl you want to fight them, that's rather scary for them, isn't it?"

"It is?" The former Shiratorizawa ace looks at them in question. 

"Have you seen your spikes? Do you think a girl would want to face those head on? Even would-be professional girls' volleyball players wouldn't play with us unless they really needed to and you're expecting a small girl like her to accept fighting you?" 

"But Claire isn't some girl..."

"What are you all doing there gossiping like high school girls?" You barged in and the volleyball team immediately backed off and scampered. Uwaa... you groaned as you realize the mix expressions that were greeting you. Most of them were scared of you. And to think they were all aspiring pro players.

They left in a hurry, leaving you with your usual large pet. 

"I heard that." You say to him and his eyes only look at you. 

You were talking about what he was saying. Though you've only heard the last bit of their conversation.

You could've been offended as the sentence implied that maybe Ushijima doesn't see you as a girl. Though it looked fun to prove him wrong. But you've heard the same sentiment ever since you were a child and even as you grew up. You weren't usually seen as a girl.

And Ushijima Wakatoshi was strangely right. Because you didn't find it offensive. 

You weren't just some girl after all.

"You should've flashed your bed skills at him, not your athletic skills. My god, Why are you so stupid?" Norrie complains to you while shaking your head. "Then he'll see you as a girl then."

"Among those two 'skills', what do you think he'll be interested in anyway?" You snarl at her and she gives it a thought.

Norrie shrugs at your question. "Fair point."

"The guy looks like he'll sleep with a volleyball in his arms rather than a girl anyway." She adds and you stop short. You can totally see it.

"True. True." the both of you said in unison.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.1K 2.3K 21
He gave me a sweet, long kiss. Then he took my hand and led me outside. He lied down and gestured for me to lie with him. I did so, putting my head o...
145K 6.6K 45
In a vibrant high school community, Aubert Hiro was an incredibly talented and passionate volleyball player, destined for greatness. However, a pivot...
297 0 12
I got this idea from @/hugeiwasimp_ on Tiktok! Iwaizumi and Oikawa admit their love for each other. Ushijima and Tendou admit their love for each oth...
534K 18.2K 41
Your heartbreak from breaking up with your ex, Oikawa Tooru, caused you to hate the thought of Volleyball. However after laying some truths on you, t...