Wings ↻ Zhong Chenle

By markscult

↻ Mafia/Gang au ↻"God you're the best thing that has happened to me I swear." More

↻P R E L U D E
↻1
↻2
↻3
↻4
↻5
↻6
↻7
↻8
↻9
↻10
↻11
↻12
↻13
↻14
↻15
↻16
↻17
↻18
↻19
↻20
↻21
↻22
↻24
↻25
↻26
↻27
↻28
↻29
↻30
↻31
↻32
↻33
↻34
↻35
↻36
↻37
↻38
↻39
↻40
↻41
↻42
↻43
↻44
↻45
↻46
↻47
↻48
↻49
↻50
↻51
↻52
↻53
↻54
↻55
↻56
↻57
LOL
↻58
↻59
↻60
↻61
↻62
↻63
↻64
↻65
↻66
↻67
↻68
↻69
↻70
↻71
↻72
↻73
↻74
↻75

↻23

21.9K 1.3K 1.5K
By markscult

Where's my way?
The ground keeps quaking
I collapse on my own

"Chenle." Taeyong's voice called out, halting the boy from going out the arcade with the rest.

He turned around to face the leader that had a stern expression on his face.
"Get suited up, new mission."

Even if he felt disappointed by not being able to go out with his friends, he never showed it as his expression reminded unchanging.

"Oh and, that girl- Seowoo?" Taeyong racked his brain before glancing at Chenle. "Make sure to keep an eye out for her."

"Why?" He scoffed. "Isn't like she's a threat." He muttered after.
"Not a threat, I think she has potential."

"Yeah, potential to get herself and us killed."

The leader eyed the black haired sour boy.
"None of you were amazingly skilled at first, you all make mistakes so I suggest you shut your mouth and do as I say."

Despite wanting to argue back and voice his opinions, he kept his face blank as he stared at the wall of guns behind Taeyong.

"Need I remind you of the time your Father was here? Or when you first joined?"

Chenle shook his head, jaw clenched as the vein in his neck bulging as the reminders of his past was used against him.

"You have a mission on highlane street- fairy easy- be safe." Taeyong concluded as he began to walk away, leaving Chenle to carry out another kill.

Jisung's shoulders slumped, sighing.
"Again? Why can't he ask one of the Hyungs?"

Jeno patted Chenle's shoulder.
"Come join us after yeah? We'll wait for you."

Her feet were heavy as she dragged them along the floor almost stuck in a trance of numbness; the wind blowing past her face and carrying through her hair.

She was torn in two as she felt everything bubbling inside of her but at the time she felt nothing at all- chest weighing down with every burdensome breath she took.

Having no spatial awareness as she mindlessly walked the streets, the sounds around her drowning out by the ringing in her ears and thumping of her pulse.

It was as if she was stuck in a tornado, everything whirlwinding around her as she frantically looked for a way out but she always ends up swept within the harsh blistering winds.

Her eyes were glazed over, distorted sounds of the incident playing behind her eyes and echoing in her ears.

Screams, her scream ringing through the air- ear piercing heart breaking scream as she watched him be murdered.

Anguished, heart lacerated by the deep wounds that she couldn't repair because the more she pushed it aside, the more it mauled at the wound.

Seowoo stopped walking, her feet coming to a halt as waves of hot flushes settled over her body- closing her eyes to abstain from her body to convulse and shake vigorously.

She felt light on her feet, dizzy as her body became distant from her mind. Heart thumping against her ribcage.

"Do you have a death wish or something?"

The sound of her innermost struggles and memories all disintegrated as his almost mocking, arrogant voice cut through the air.

Seowoo opened her eyes, vision adjusting to the road she was stood in- the bright traffic lights blurred as she blinked a few times.

Turning her head, she caught sight of Chenle who was leaned against the railing languidly, raising his brows.

Her throat was clogged up by the overwhelming emotions threatening to spill as she harshly swallowed them down- head aching as pain shot through it.

Although she could have said a snarky comment back or stand up for herself, she couldn't muster up the energy or will to do so.

"Seems as though you're just waiting to get ran over." He commented, wiping the blood away from his lips with the back of his hand.

The sound of tires screeching at a high speed cut through the air as it mercilessly skidded towards the victim.

Seowoo was still halted in the road as it felt as though her heart was on fire, burning with agony.

A hand clasping over her upper arm and yanking her out of the road brought her from her trance- lips parted and blinking away the memories that pained her.

She glanced up, his figure close to hers as he pulled her out of the road as a car whizzed past them.
He rolled his eyes, irritating by the girl.

"Are you stupid? Do you ever use your common sense?"

Her eyes flickered up to his that held annoyance and dislike towards the girl as she did nothing but look at him for a moment as he continued to talk.

"Does everyone have to save you from harm, can you just use your brain for once?"

"I didn't tell you to save me from harm." She replied back, voice quieter as her throat ached with the sensation of anxiety clenching at it.

"So you were just going to kill yourself in the middle of the road and not expect anyone to stop you? What, is the gang life too much for you- can you not take it?" Chenle spoke condescendingly.

Seowoo tore her eyes away from his narrowed one, lethargically pulling her arm from his grip.

"I didn't say that." She muttered, stepping to the side to walk inattentively past him, lacking anger or the drive to argue back to him.

"You didn't have to." He almost laughed emptily. "You really think you can be like us? You are nothing like we are, just go and live your perfect little life."

Seowoo stopped, feet ceasing motion as she exhaled a harsh scoff- shoulders sagging down as her tongue grazed over her teeth in slight irritation.

The girl turned around, facing Chenle who was stood in the same spot a fair distance away- hands lazily stuffed into his pockets.

There was a bruise on his cheek- cuts on his face yet he remained indifferent.

"My perfect life?" She emphasised his words in shock. "And how would you know if my life was perfect or not?" She furrowed her brows to accentuate her hurt.

"You go to school and you work a normal job. You go out with your friends and live a normal life as a teenager." He spoke, almost enviously.
"And you're just taking it all for granted."

Seowoo breathed out harshly in bewilderment.
"Granted? I'm taking my 'perfect' life for granted? You know nothing about me."

"I know people like you, the ones who think the world revolves around them. Why throw your normal life away for fucking torture? Are you trying to ruin your life?"

She balled her fists up, knuckles turning white as she practically glowered at him in pent up anger and frustration.

"Ruin my life? My life is already fucking ruined!" She screamed out, hurled anger and a gleam of tears coating her eyes.

Her outburst fell into a silence filled by her laboured breaths- firmly turning around to begin quickly walking down the dimly lit street.

The tears of frustration spilled from her eyes, harshly wiping them away as the door of arcade she walked past, opened.

"Oh hey Seowoo, what are you doing h-" Donghyuck was cut off by Seowoo ignoring him as she continued to stride away. "Nevermind..."

Donghyuck turned his head to the other side, eyes falling to Chenle as he sighed.
"What did you say to her?"

"Chenle, you're here- come in!" Jisung shouted from inside.

The black haired boy's eyes flickered over to the end of the street as her retreating frame disappeared around the corner.

Thank you for 100k bbys I love you

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

937K 33.4K 87
━ 𝐦𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐚 / 𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐮 # 間違った ━ 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐠𝐞 • 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝 " 𝐢'𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥�...
2.7M 110K 62
➳ Mafia/Gang au ➳ "You're too innocent Areum, I'd ruin you."
192K 4.6K 63
"Let go of me" Jiyeon demanded "Not a chance, baby" Jaemin said smirking Viewer warning ⚠️ May include topics of: explicit words, violence, strong...
3.3M 146K 68
▪️Mafia/Gang au ▪️Soulmate au ▪️"Only fools fall for you."