The Flash Season 5: Snow Alle...

By venus_tene

after an unexpected guest from the future appears at their home, Nora Snow Allen Is Barry and Sarah's speedst... More

Chapter 1 - Nora Snow Allen
Chapter 2 - Blocked
Chapter 3 - The death of Vibe
Chapter 5 - All Doll'd Up
Chapter 6 - The Icicle Cometh
Chapter 7 - O Come All Ye Thankful
Chapter 8 - What's Past Is Prologue
Chapter 9 - The Flash & The Furious
Chapter 10 - Seeing Red
Chapter 11 - Memorabilia
Chapter 12 - King Shark vs. Gorilla Grodd
Chapter 13 - Failure is an Orphan
Chapter 14 - Time Bomb
Chapter 15 - Godspeed
Chapter 16 - Snow Pack
Chapter 17 - Gone Rogue
Chapter 18 - The Girl With the Red Lightning
Chapter 19 - Legacy

Chapter 4 - News Flash

308 4 0
By venus_tene

Sarah's POV

Bopping around the kitchen and having breakfast isn't that humiliating when there's no one watching you. I've been listening to Baby One More Time by Britney Spears through my earbuds while cooking brunch for the family. Barry has been already sleeping upstairs. Nora had been sleeping on the couch, also Baby Nora is also often napping in her bedroom.

Putting the good mix with the pancakes on the stove, I formed them into tiny lightning bolts. That considered everything could just perk up the mood with the family since my husband and my daughter are speedsters.

My cooking wasn't going well once I had been at the counter, trying to make just one toast while I started to smell the heat. I started to turn around and saw the pancakes burnt down. Jogging over to the stove, my earbuds were unhooked from my phone, making the music crank and Nora woke up from her sleep.

Oh!" I chuckled.

And after all that, all of a sudden, the smoke detector decided to go off, I rapidly ran over to my phone, did turn it off. "Uh sorry," I apologized as Nora woke up. I headed back to the kitchen and started taking care of the pancakes as the beeping continued.

What are you doing?" Nora asked me.

Uh, nothing, Go back to bed. I'm just making some breakfast." I answered as I go back to the toast.

Nora stepped over to the counter and began pouring some coffee. "Like I could go to sleep after the smell of Jitters coffee," She remarked.

I walked over to clean the kitchen.

So, uh, I see you still know your way around the kitchen," Nora added.

I glanced at Nora and then to Barry holding Baby Nora. I sighed and put my hands on my forehead. I knew my cooking was going to be a disaster.

What's happening?" Barry asked us.

Hey, babe," I greeted with a warm smile.

Good morning," Barry greeted me.

Um, I was thinking that we could have breakfast together," I suggested when I smiled at both Noras and Barry. "Right? Like a family."

I love it," Barry agreed.

Baby Nora giggled.

I went over to Barry and Baby Nora. I grabbed Baby Nora and she smiled at me. "Yeah," I simply said.

Baby Nora cried earlier, I noticed she was hungry."
Barry said.

"I'm glad that you brought her," I told Barry. "She needs food in her stomach." I grabbed Baby Nora's feeding table and chair and put it across the table. I put Baby Nora on the feeding table and chair. I then went over to the kitchen and put breakfast on the table and put baby food on Baby Nora's feeding table and chair.

"Do you—hi," Barry said to Nora and turned to me. "Do you need any help?"

"No, no, You guys just sit and hang with Baby Nora."
I responded instantly.

"Okay," Barry sighed as he and Nora went over to the table and sat. "What do we have here?"

"Well, these are pancakes, as you can see, but I made them into little lightning bolts," I explained as I sat next to Baby Nora and Barry. I started feeding Baby Nora some organic apple baby food. "Well, the batter kind of got away from me, but you see the little zigzag—"

Yeah, yeah. I totally see it." Barry said, smiling softly.

Yeah," I smiled as I noticed Nora take pictures of brunch using her phone. "What are you doing?" I asked Nora as I continue to feed the baby.

Uh, I am just getting evidence that you make lumpy pancakes in every time period." Nora answered as she finished take photos.

Let's try it out." Barry spoke up, taking a bite out of the pancakes. I turned to my husband and saw him smiling.

Barry turned to me as I ate and fed Baby Nora. "Mmm, Lumpy, but delicious." He commented.

Yeah?" I smiled. "Oh, thanks, babe." I chuckled and then I turned to Nora. "I'm sorry, when did you get a phone?"

Uh, Dad got it for me a couple days ago," Nora answered.

"Mm-hmm," Barry added as he is eating the pancakes proudly.

I gave him my serious look as I was continuing to feed Baby Nora.

"Nora suggested it," Barry stated. "I mean, I thought it was a great idea. We're always in and out of S.T.A.R. Labs, so I just—you know, it'd be easier to text and call."

I finished feeding Baby Nora and stopped for a second and started cutting the pancakes. "Yeah," that totally makes sense." I simply replied as I was cutting the pancakes tightly as the silverware clattered lightly.

"You guys excited to cheer me on at the charity softball game?" Barry asked as he changed the subject.

"Softball, schway," Nora commented.

Baby Nora giggled when Barry mentioned softball. I smiled at my future and presently daughter.

"I just hope I don't get stuck in right field this year," Barry muttered.

Nora's cell phone chimes and vibrates.

"You, uh, gave your number out already?" I asked Nora.

"Yeah, just to the team and Sherloque," Nora responded. "Actually, this text message, I think, is from him." And she showed her phone to Barry.

I managed to take a look at her phone, yet Nora put it away.

Barry chuckles. "I don't think he's much of a texter," He referred to Sherloque.

Nora chuckles. "No," She said. "He wants us to come to S.T.A.R Labs. I'm gonna go get ready." Nora stood up from her chair.

"You haven't had anything to eat yet," I told my daughter.

"Mm, I'm not really a breakfast person" Nora said as she walked away.

I sigh and put my hands on my forehead. I shook my head and turned to Barry. "You know, I thought having her here," I told him and looked at Baby Nora. "We would finally have a chance to connect, But it's like every time we take a half-step forward, we end up taking six steps back,"

"I-I mean, don't give up, She'll come around. I have a feeling." Barry told me.

"Yeah," I smiled and grabbed Baby Nora out of her feeding table and chair, and put her in my lap, and started to eat a piece of pancake I made but it was terrible. "Well, not if I keep making food like that."

"Hey, no, this really is good," Barry said. "It is. I mean it's a little, like..."

I looked at Barry. "Wait, wait, stop," I said to Barry as I hold Baby Nora on my hip. I stood up from my chair and grabbed his plate. "Just stop."

"Dark, but—no, it's—" Barry continued.

"I'm going to get donuts for you," I tell Barry as I give Baby Nora to him. "It's fine."

"You're going to get me donuts?" Barry asked me.

"I'm going to get you donuts," I pouted.

"Thanks," Barry said to me.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Everyone was in the Cortex. Barry and Nora informed us that they fought after Vanessa Jensen, who was a meta. Caitlin was currently checking Nora to see if she as alright while I was sitting next to Iris at the desk.

I think Nora is good to go. She didn't even need an I buprofen." Caitlin informed us as her and Nora walked into the Cortex.

You sure you feel okay?" Barry asked Nora.

I'm totally fine." Nora replied with a smile. "Come on, let's get back to work, Flash."

Barry sighed. "Okay. Alright, well let's figure out where Vanessa went. If she sells those stolen weapons to the wrong people I..." He trailed off.

Um, Cisco, were you able to get the satellite up and running?" Iris questioned. Looking over, I saw Cisco sitting at one of the computers, staring at the wall and not moving. "Cisco?"

We weren't able to track Vanessa, but we did find a scientific anomaly that we've never seen before, right, Cisco?" Caitlin asked, looking over at her best friend.

Cisco remained still. Ralph nodded at us before leaning down to him. "Han shot second." He whispered.

Cisco immediately jumped and grabbed Ralph's collar. "That doesn't even make sense!" He growled before looking at Ralph. "Ralph, it's you."

Don't mean to lie like that, man. We just... we need the CCTV." Ralph told him.

CCTV, yes." Cisco said before pulling up the footage of last night up on the monitors. Vanessa had powers o trap people in a yellow cube. "Vanessa Jensen concentrated air squares are dense very dense, stupid dense. The kind of dense reserved for... people who still beleive in love."

I think what Cisco is trying to say is that Vanessa can manipulate the movement of atoms to create concentrated air molecules in cube form." I explained to everyone. "The space between the molecules ins so compact that--"

That there isn't enough room for a speedster to vibrate through them." Nora said, cutting me off.

What do you call someone who can compress air molecules into solid blocks?" Barry asked Cisco, who started to walk out of the Cortex.

I don't know, Block." Cisco simply replied before leaving the Cortex.

Iris turned to me. "So, I guess Cisco is still taking the Gypsy thing pretty hard?" She asked me.

Well, we're working on it. But you can't expect real progress till you hit step 17." Ralph explained to the others.

Barry turned to me, confused. "It's this thing we're working on with Cisco. You can do without us for a little while, right?" I asked him.

My husband shrugged his shoulders. "I mean, we are blind without satellite so we're just gonna have to wait until Vanessa makes her next move anyway." He responded.

A smile appeared on my face before I pressed my lips against him. When I pulled away, I walked out of the Cortex with Ralph and Caitlin.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ralph, Caitlin and I were currently leading Cisco back to Ralph's office. Ralph was informing Cisco about a stylist that he got for him.

Alright, you're in for a real treat. He initially said no, but after I told him that your cousin was John Stamos..." Ralph trailed off.

My cousin is not John Stamos." Cisco pointed out.

He agreed to take you on. I proudly present my personal stylist, Bruce." Raph said, opening his office door. I looked into the room and saw a middle aged man inside with a case. "This guy does it all, hair, makeup. He picks everything I wear."

That explains that." Cisco commented, looking at Ralph's clothes.

We all walked into Ralph's office. "Come on. Bruce is gonna help us accomplish step twelve. Metamorphosis." Caitlin told him.

Cisco slowly turned to her. "Does that mean you think there's something wrong with me?" He asked.

Caitlin hesitated. "Even a Ferrari needs a tune up every once in a while." She responded.

Ralph, Caitlin and I all sat beside the desk as the three of us watched as Bruce started transforming Cisco. First up was cutting his hair. I watched as Bruce was about to cut his hair until Cisco latched onto his hand. "You cut my hair, I cut you." He said.

After everything Bruce had done to Cisco, it was finally over. I couldn't help but smile as Cisco walked out behind the curtain, dressed in Ralph's clothes. Looking over at my sister, I noticed her smiling.

My work here is done." Bruce told us before leaving Ralph's office.

Cisco turned to the mirror. "So... I hate it. I hate it all." He turned to the three of us. "Great, now that's over and done with. Why don't we focus on the death certificate?"

Well, I mean, we need you to vibe it." Ralph told him.

Or we could ask Joe to do some good old fashion police work. Did you ever think of that?" Cisco asked him, walking over towards us.

I cleared my throat. "Let's not worry about it, okay?"

No, I mean, it's a good idea." Ralph said as him and Cisco were talking over each other as they walked over towards the phone.

Caitlin and I immediately stood up. "Cut it out!" Caitlin shouted, causing the boys to stop and stare at us. "Forget about the death certificate and let's just focus on helping our friend, okay?"

I sighed. "We need a brake." I said before the two of us walked out of Ralph's office.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Caitlin and I were currently sitting in Jitters. I sat beside my older sister as she looked down at the cinnamon bun in front of her while I held onto my cup of coffee.

Ah, yes, the sugary pastry." I looked up and saw Cisco standing beside Caitlin. "I think as far as avoiding your feelings goes, cinnamon bun was a solid choice." He said before sitting opposite us.

You look nice." I told him, looking at his outfit.

Yeah, well, I think Bruce burned all my clothes, so..." Cisco trailed off before turning to us. "Why don't you two want to investigate your dad's death certificate?"

Caitlin sighed. "Because if it's true. If he has been alive this whole time... It just means he didn't want to see us."

Caitlin and I looked down while Cisco pulled out a piece of paper out of his pocket and started reading it out. "Step 27: Accept that she sin't the love of your life because if she were, she'd still be in it.

I let out a soft chuckle. "Pretty deep for Ralph Dibny."

Yeah. Granted it took him 26 swings before he could hit the ball." Cisco said, earning chuckles from Caitlin and I. "I don't know... I think he might of knocked it out of the park with that one. Gypsy isn't the one. I know that. And there's no amount of new clothes or... crazy makeover distraction that can change that fact. Because some truths you can only hide for so long. The truth is, it's too late for me to change things with her. But it's not too late for you two. It's not too late for you to change things with your dad."

My eyes watered. "But what if he doesn't want anything to do with us?"

Cisco slightly shrugged. "Maybe he doesn't. But wouldn't your rather face the truth instead of spending the rest of your life wondering?" He asked us. Caitlin and I looked at each other and nodded.

Ralph, Cisco, Caitlin and I currently walked into the Cortex. When we walked in, I saw Iris sitting at the computer desk and didn't seen Barry and Nora anywhere.

What's wrong? What's happening?" Cisco asked.

Barry's in trouble." Iris replied. Cisco and Ralph immediately turned around and raced out of the Cortex.

Caitlin, Iris and I all heard nothing for the team until we all heard a strange noise coming through the comms. I narrowed my eyebrows together, confused at the noise.

Barry? Was is it? Who's there?" I asked him through the comms

I don't yet." He replied before there was a moment of silence. "I just lost my speed."

I got nothing." Cisco added.

Negative, Ghost Rider." Ralph added

Iris, Caitlin and I looked at each other confused until we heard everyone fighting on the other end. But it sounded like they were losing the battle as we heard grunting from all of them.

What is that sound?" Caitlin questioned, hearing the strange sound through the comms.

Oh, my god." Iris muttered, before turning to the comms. "Barry! Barry, you gotta get out of there right now."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Caitlin and I were currently in med bay, looking at Cisco's hand which were sliced pretty deeply. Once I was finished wrapping both of his hands in bandage, my sister started scanning them.

I mean, this is definitely dark matter, but these levels of concentration are unlike any dark matter levels I've ever seen before." Caitlin informed us.

Yeah, well, that wasn't quite like any ass kicking. I've ever gotten before either." Ralph said from the chair beside Cisco.

That dagger he had, I think the negated our powers. And he could control it too, like Mjolnir." Cisco said, looking up at Caitlin's confused expression. "That's Thor's hammer."

We're just glad you guys are okay. This could've been a lot worse." I told Cisco and Ralph.

Cisco got off the bed with a grunt. "Careful. Those cuts are pretty deep. It could take a while for them to heal." Caitlin informed him.

I let out a sigh when seeing him looking down at the death certificate on the table. "Cisco, that's not important right now." I told him.

Cisco grabbed it and walked up to Caitlin and I. Look, if you two wanna know, this is your chance.

I support you either way, girl." Ralph added.

The two of us nodded. Caitlin and I placed a hand on Cisco's shoulder before suddenly flashes of my mother flooded my vision. I noticed that she was the one writing on the death certificate. Once the vibe was over, Cisco groaned as he held onto his hand in pain.

I'm sorry. I don't know what happened." Cisco apologized to us.

Caitlin and I looked at each other, confused. "Did you two see something?" Ralph asked us.

Our mother." I added, looking over at Cisco.

Hey guys!" We all heard Barry calling out for us. The four of us walked out of the medbay and into the Cortex where Barry stood in front of the desk. He sighed. "Hey, we got a big problem."

So I talked to Captain Singh and he said that Gridlock was killed during his transport to Iron Heights." Iris informed all of us.

Gridlock's dead?" Nora asked, shocked.

How?" I questioned Iris.

I'm not sure." Iris replied, turning to me. "I interviewed everyone that was there and no one knows. But I did some digging..."

Iris played the footage off the transport. I tried to see the screen but most of it was black. "Okay, sow hat are we looking for here?" Ralph questioned.

Not looking. Listening." Iris corrected as she played the footage again. I narrowed my eyebrows, confused when I heard the same sound that was heard over the comms when Barry, Ralph and Cisco were attacked tonight.

It sounds like the guy who just attacked us." Ralph pointed out.

Sounds like an insect." Caitlin added.

Yeah, it does." Cisco agreed as we listened to the sound. "It sounds like..."

Like a cicada." Nora spoke up.

We all turned to her, shocked and confused. "Who's Cicada?" Barry asked.

As a kid, there was a part of the Flash museum that always scared me. I guess, it's normal for children to be afraid of monsters, but this monster is different. No one knows where he came from, how he got his powers, who he is. All that's known alias and the last sound his victim's hear. But that's not what makes him scary, what makes him scary is you never catch him." Nora explained to us

We never catch him?" Barry asked.

Supergirl, The Legends, even the League tried but no one was successful." Nora replied

Probably cause he could dampen everybody's powers with that magic freakin dagger." Ralph commented.

Not all superheroes are metahumans, though." Caitlin spoke up before turning to Nora. "What about -"

Green Arrow?" Nora said, looking down at the ground and sighed. "Yeah, he tried to once but.."

So, we're dealing with a metahuman Jack the Ripper." Cisco said before letting out a sigh. Amazing."

I sighed before looking at Nora. "What else do you know about him?"

Just that He's early." Nora replied

What do you mean he's early?" Barry questioned

In my history, Cicada's first victim was a metahuman named Floyd Belkin and he never killed Gridlock or Block, they're completely different victims." Nora explained.

Because the timeline changed?" Barry asked his daughter.

Yeah, now they're both dead. Because of me." Nora replied, looking down.

Barry sighed and turned to the team. "Okay, there's no telling the ripple affect of this change or what kind of future Nora's going to return to. We need to catch this guy fast."

You mean, catch the guy that future us can't catch?" Cisco asked my husband, who nodded. Cisco let out another sigh. "Right, I thought beating the Thinker was hard."

Than suddenly the computer started to beep. "Guys, it's Joe, C.C.P.D needs help downtown." Caitlin informed us.

I'll do it." Ralph spoke up.

Are you sure?" Barry asked

Yeah, I got it. You guys stay here and deal with the meta serial killer." Ralph replied before he walked out of the Cortex.

Okay guys. Look, we've got this, let's just canvas some crime scenes, interview some witnesses and see if there's any common acquaintance between Gridlock and Block." I announced to the team.

I have a plan." Nora spoke up.

I narrowed my eyebrows together, confused. "You've got a plan already?"

I know how to fix this." Nora replied.

Barry, Nora and I were currently in the Speed Lab as Nora's plan was to contact Herr Wells from Earth-12.

So, you're plan is to contact Herr Wells?" I questioned my daughter.

Yes, that's my plan." Nora replied before turning to Barry. "I know in the future you guys never bring no Wells to help you catch Cicada, so if you wanted different results this time..."

Gotta try something new." Barry said before looking over to me. "It's a great idea."

Except it's not." Cisco said from beside me, looking onto his phone.

What?" Barry asked

It's a terrible idea, you're looking for corporation and trust me this is not your guy. He is just an asshat." Cisco explained to us.

I rolled my eyes. "That's way harsh Cisco."

I'm sorry, I'm being harsh?" Cisco asked me.

Yeah." I replied, looking at him.

Go ahead, call him. See if you don't get a steaming pile of sideye." Cisco told us.

Nora nodded before pressing a button on the computer in front of us and Herr Wells hologram appeared right in front of us.

The Flash?" Herr Wells questioned

Cisco sighed and looked down at his phone. "Wait for it."

I love the Flash!" Herr Wells exclaimed

What?" Cisco questioned.

You, Barry Allen, yeah. With the zoom, zoom. The fire, the physics, the laws, the gravity always with some style in the grace." Herr Wells said in his german accent, doing some moves which made me smile.

Nice, man." Barry told him.

Herr Wells than looked at Nora. "The kid Flash, child of the Flash. Obviously you have your father's moral fiber and you've got your mother's smarts, classic beauty."

A smile appeared on my face and ran my fingers through my hair. "Oh, my god, stop."

No, no, don't thank him. Don't fall for this ruse, clearly this guy is putting on an act, he's a charlatan" Cisco quickly told all of us.

But you heart me, stabbed me in the back, this guy who must be Cisco." Herr Wells said, staring at Cisco.

You know who I am." Cisco growled at him.

Don't be rude, alright." Barry told Cisco before turning to Herr Wells. "Hey, I'm sorry. We need your help catching a metahuman, serial killer."

Herr Wells nodded. "Yeah, I have heard of this Cicada. Of course, I heard the message already from Kid Flash. Unfortunately, I am always occupied, unable to assist you at this time."

You can't?" Nora asked.

Nein, but I have done one better and called someone who can. Dis man is a legend, this man is the greatest detective in all the multiverse, so I've attached his coordinates if you want to look."

Okay." I said before looking at the attachment.

God, do you see it?" Herr Wells asked me

I nodded. "I got him." I turned to my best friend. "Cisco?"

Cisco looked at me and raised his eyebrows. "Cisco what? You want me to breach him here?"

Yeah" I replied.

Hello, I just got benihana, hurts a little bit." Cisco told me, lifting his bandaged hands. "Why don't we just breach him the old fashion way."

Barry turned to Herr Wells, smiling. "Thank you for this, this is great."

Herr Wells bowed. "Privilege onto honour to help the Flash, und Kid Flash, und Sarah Flash. Bye Kid Flash!" He said, waving.

Bye, Herr Wells." Nora said before Herr Wells left.

Barry chuckled and turned to Cisco. "Nice guy, what are you talking about, man. He's awesome."

He's not..." Cisco stopped himself and held his hand to his forehead. "You know, let's just turn on the extrapolator and get this master detective out here."

Cisco turned on the extrapolator and a breach was in front of us, a figure stepped out of the breach. He wore a top hat, sunglasses and a long trench coat.

Well, I'd imagine your Earth would be colder." The Wells said in a british accent, chucking his trench coat to Cisco before taking his sunglasses off. "I am Sherlock Wells at your service. I'm here to catch your killer."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Cisco, Nora, Caitlin, Cisco, Barry and I were all currently sitting at the bench in the kitchen area in S.T.A.R. Labs, watching Sherlock Wells make coffee for twenty minutes.

I turned to my husband. "Barry, what is he doing?" I whispered.

I don't know, maybe he's some kind--" Barry tried to whisper back but was cut off by Sherlock Wells turning to face all of us, taking a sip of his tea.

That's the stuff."Sherlock Wells said before turning to us. "Now, we begin."

Tea?" My sister questioned.

That's right." Sherlock Wells replied

We've been watching you for twenty minutes." Caitlin responded

Sherlock Wells smiled. "You're welcome. Could not rush excellence"

This is a waste of time.Thank you very much for coming, Cumberbatch." Cisco told Sherlock Wells.

I'm sure you would like it, if I took my leave right. Could have more time to recover from your recent heartbrake." Sherlock Wells told Cisco.

Cisco narrowed his eyebrows, confused. "What are you talking about?"

Subcutaneous under eyes bruising which indicates you've been crying, and flaky skin which indicates dehydration probably from alcohol consumption. Alcohol plus crime can only mean one thing, you have been dumped." Sherlock Wells Explained. I turned to Iris surprised and shocked.

Wrong detective, I have not been dumped." Cisco told him

Oh, no?" Sherlock Wells questioned

It's was a mutual decision, okay? Cynthia and I we reached a decision together as a team, okay, and I haven't been sobbing." Cisco explained and I noticed that we was staring to cry. "In fact I can't remember the last time I cried about it, excuse me." Cisco got out of his chair and walked out of the kitchen.

You're the resident speedster, I presume." Sherlock Wells told Barry.

How did--"

Who's favours stepping on his right heel, from the wear and tear on your footwear, it's uneven." Sherlock Wells explained before turning to Nora. "A trait that you have heritage from your father, although you do share a little bit more of body language from your mother, who's been touching her left shoulder since I came around. What are you hiding from me?"

I raised my eyebrows. "Excuse me? I'm not hiding anything."

Oh yes, you are, but what. You have a touched it like just something there and gone again, something removed. A tattoo, right? Yes, perhaps from a former lover?" Sherlock asked me

Letting out a cough to brake the awkward tension that was in the room. I turned to the team. "Okay, you know what? I think that this Sherlock has proven himself and that we should start finding Cicada."

Excellent, let's find Cicada but first the question of my fee." Sherlock began to say

You're charging us?" Nora questioned

This service not free, right? I don't work for charity, I can already tell the young doctor here is expecting to hire me for another case." Sherlock Wells said, looking over at Caitlin. "Yes, how you glance at your purse and I'm happy to assist you in that mystery but first, I think we can all agree that a villian of Cicada's caliber will require a substantial fee."

Sherlock Wells passed Barry a piece of paper, the moment Barry looked it he turned to me and showed me the amount of money.

Schwrap, that's a lot of money even from where I come from." Nora commented, looking at Barry and I.

I'm very expensive, but very worth it. What do you think?" Sherlock Wells asked

Barry turned to me. "I mean, we could sell off some S.T.A.R. Labs stuff." I rolled my eyes.

Yes, we have an agreement?" Sherlock Wells asked, holding out his hand at Barry.

Barry nodded and shook his hand. "Yeah."

Do you hear that? Sounds of these frantic steps were being approached, either by a tall sensitive man or a frighten baby giraffe." Sherlock Wells told us.

And not even a second later Ralph walks into the kitchen, holding a tablet.

I've got a problem here, guys, and I'm--" Ralph was about to say until he saw Sherlock Wells. "Hey."

Hello, baby giraffe." Sherlock Wells greeted.

Harry, how are you?" Ralph questioned, smiling.

Uh, this is Sherlock Wells." Barry introduced.

L, o, q, u, e. Sherloque. It's french." Sherloque corrected everyone

Sherloque here, is gonna help us find Cicada" Caitlin informed Ralph.

Cool, so you're like a detective?" Ralph asked

Detective, the fans. Who should I make the autograph out to?" Sherloque Wells asked, holding a pad of paper in his hands.

Ralph shook his head. "No, no, listen. I'm a detective as well."

Sherloque stopped and turned to us, confused. We all nodded as he started to talk french and began shaking Ralph's hand. "You're a detective, what have you solved recently?"

Most recently, I uncovered the case of the stolen Chevy of Impala." Ralph replied

No one said anything. Sherloque stood still. "Funny. Very funny from the looks of things."

I saved all of these hostages and all anyone can talk about is this picture." Ralph explained as my sister grabbed the table which had Ralph in an pear shape body whilst the words 'When you're going for Fearless but end up seedless' was written on the photo. "And it turned into a meme and I don't think anyone in this city takes me seriously."

Oh, there's 14 million people in this city." Caitlin said before looking at the photo. "Only 500 thousand have reposted this."

So, um. Cicada?" Nora asked, breaking the awkward tension.

Cicada, yes. I have reviewed your evidence and I know where to find your killer, so shall we get this done before dinner, alright." Sherloque said before walking out of the door but stopped Ralph. "Wow, not so fast baby giraffe. There are two detective's and it complicates matters, especially one is a master. So why don't you stay put. Everyone followed me."

Barry grabbed my hand as we followed Sherloque out of the kitchen.

Cisco, Sherloque Wells and I were currently in the Cortex whilst Barry and Nora went to the place where Sherloque Wells where Cicada was hiding.

Are you sure he's in there?" Barry asked

I'm certain. Now you're evidance was slight enough to build a psycholgic profile. This is the man hiding in the shadows, this is someone who's been pushed to the peripheries of society, now he sits alone waiting for the moment to strike all this thus a census data cross referances with the location of his attacks in the profile narrows to one name. David Hirsh." Sherloque explained

Nora's plan might actually work." I told the team.

Or it will work." Nora told me.

Once isnside you'll find a small booby trap" Sherloque told Barry

Found it." Barry responded into the comms.

There's the critical part, It's a decoy." Sherloque added. After a minute, we heard an explosed before we all heard a grunt on the other end of the comms.

We got him." Barry announced.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I was currently with Barry and Nora in the lounge area. Barry was finally back, and told us that he went to Las Vegas. I couldn't help but smile at my family.

Barry handed Nora a coffee. "I'm glad you were there to put that out. It could've been a lot worse."

Nora smiled. "Thanks, Dad."

Don't thank me. Your mum walked you through it." Barry said, glancing over to me.

I smiled over at Nora. "You were really great out there."

Nora quickly nodded and drank her coffee.

So there was some weird activity with your scan." Caitlin announced, walking into the lounge, holding onto a tablet and showed Barry's his scan. "But everything looks fine."

I looked up at my husband. "What's the last thing you remember?"

Standing outside C.C.P.N with Nora. Next thing I know, I'm in Vegas." Barry answered.

That's exactly what happened to me and Officer Jones." Nora added.

So maybe the abnormal activity was some sort of hypnotic induction?" My sister suggested, raising an eyebrow.

I don't know." Barry responded, shrugging his shoulder slightly. "I mean, I fell like one of us would've noticed somebody trying to hypnotize me."

Yeah, and why would someone hypnotize us to save people?" Nora wondered.

Publicity." I spoke up. Everyone turned to me slightly confused. "Iris told me that Spencer Young wants to be famous by making you famous."

You don't know that." Nora quickly told me.

She admitted it when I send Iris down to talk to her." I responded, picking up the remote.

Nora glared at me. "Why would you send Iris to go talk to her?"

With a click of a button, the monitor turned on the showed the news article of Nora at the C.C.P.N.

Hold on, look at the time stamp on the post. 7:52 pm? Nora and I were still with Jonesy, and the fire at C.C.P.N hadn't even been reported yet."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "I guess you'll always be the first one to the scoop if you're the one making it."

So she's some sort of early edition meta who creates stories?" Caitlin suggested.

I shrugged my shoulder lightly. "Maybe she's some kind of meta psychic who predicts the news."

That still doesn't mean she hypnotized us." Nora said, glancing between her and Barry.

Yeah." Barry sighed, before turning to my sister. Caitlin, can you download the cortical biometrics from Nora's suit and run it against my scans?" He wondered.

Caitlin immediately nodded. "On it. And with that, she walks out of the lounge.

I leaned against the counter and turned to my husband. "What are you thinking?"

We need to figure out if Spencer's responsible for this." He answered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sitting in a van outside Jitters, Barry and I were sitting down in the chairs while Barry handed Nora the metahuman watch. I let out a sigh and sat back in my chair.

So here's the meta-watch. Press that button. If Spencer's a meta, it'll beep." Barry informed her.

Nora nodded and strapped the watch around her wrist.

And if she's a meta . . . "

It means she could be dangerous, so come right back." Nora quickly said, finishing my sentence.

I nodded. "Yes. One of us would go with you, but she knows both me and your dad from C.C.P.D, so . . . "

I got it." Nora said, immediately getting out of the van.

Okay, we're here if you need us, all right . . ." Barry called out, before Nora slammed the van door shut.

I see her." Nora informed us.

All you need to do is get within five feet of her, hit the button, in and out." I explained.

I know!" Nora snapped at me.

I turned Barry and raised my brows. "See what I mean. Half-step forward, six steps back?"

I mean, you guys did great with the fire, though." Barry reassured me. I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath.

Do I know you?" Spencer's voice came out of the comms.

Uh-oh." Barry said.

Uh, Nora. . . you have to press the button." I told her.

Um, no. No, you don't know me." Nora responded.

But you know me." Spencer said.

Yes, I do." Nora quickly responded. "Uh, sorry. You're Spencer Young. I read all your stuff on Spyn Zone. It's a really good app. It's fantastic stories and really good writing. I'm a . . . I'm a really big fan."

I always enjoy meeting a fan." Spencer said. I was taken back while Barry was confused. "Especially when they're as adorable as you."

What's happening?" Barry questioned, still confused.

Taking a deep breath, I got out of my seat. "She's flirting with our daughter." I answered. "I'll be back."

Getting out of the van and quickly rushing into Jitters, I saw Nora and Spencer standing really closer to one another. A smile appeared on my face when I walked up to the two.

Nora, hey." I greeted.

Wait, y-you know Sarah Snow-Allen?" Spencer questioned Nora.

Uh, I do." Nora nervously answered. "Well, she's actually . . This is, actually . . . "

Did you want to check your watch?" I asked my future daughter, hinting at it. "I think we're running a little bit late."

Nora smiled. "Right, yes." She said, flipping her watch up and pressing the button.

All right, well, I'm going to peace out." Spencer told us. I looked over Nora's shoulder and noticed that the watch didn't detect any metahumans. "But I hope to meet you again sometime. . . Nora."

I watched as Spencer glanced back at Nora, before walking out of Jitters.

When she was finally out," I spoke. "Well, I guess she's not a meta."

Nora turned to me and smiled. "I guess not."

I than got the hint that Nora fancied her also. "Oh, no. No, no, no. Nora . . . look, I don't care that you think she's cute. She dangerous, okay? You need to stay away from her."

She could be dangerous." Nora corrected my worse.

I raised my brows. "Nora, I am trying to protect you here."

Nora let out a scoff. "Has that been your thing my whole life?" She questioned.

What does that even mean, honestly? I mean, is that why you've been so cold to me, why you don't want to spend any time with me? I'm . . . I'm just trying to get to know you."

Just drop it." Nora hissed at me.

Nora, I don't under . . ."

Look, you lied to me!"

I was taken back. I would never lie to her, especially to my future daughter.

I shook my head slightly. "I would never lie to you."

Yeah?" She questioned, pulling her shirt down to her collar bone. "What do you call that?" I looked down and saw a scar on her collar bone. I looked up at her in confusion.

You put a power-dampening chip inside me to take away my speed and my ice powers. And until six months ago, I didn't even know I had powers. My whole life has been a lie because you have been trying to protect me. Well, guess what. I don't need you to do that."

And with that, Nora turned on her heel and stormed out of Jitters, leaving me inside. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Next day, I was the only one in the Cortex. All day, I've been trying to call Nora back but she blocked me. I let out a sigh and rested my head against the desk.

Hey." Barry's greeted me as he walked over to me.

Hey." I greeted back, lifting my head up.

What you doing?" He wondered.

Well, Nora blocked me. So I'm trying to use the quantum computer. to access her phone and force her to accept my calls. But I am no hacker." I explained to my husband.

Don't you think that's a little extreme?" Barry asked.

Yes, Barry!" I exclaimed, turning to him "It's very extreme. and crazy and desperate, but I am feeling extremely crazy and desperate, okay?" I took a deep breath. "I thought giving her space would, you know, have her eventually come around, but it turns out she's not the problem. I am. I mean, I don't know how I could do something like that to her, Barry."

Sara, you didn't do anything to her. You can't blame yourself for something future you might do." Barry responded, taking my hand into his.

Yes, I can, Barry, and it's not a might. I suppressed our daughter's powers. I kept a huge part of who she was a secret for her entire life. I did that." I told him.

Look, she'll forgive you." Barry assured me.

What If Joe did something like that to you after the particle accelerator exploded?" I questioned. Barry sighed and avoided eye contact for a moment. I scoffed as I felt tears brimming my eyes. "See? I don't understand how I could so something like that to her."

Look, I don't know why you did it, but I don't need to. I know that anything you do for our family, it's out of love. So, whatever reason future-you has for doing this, I have faith that it's the right thing to do, and so should you." Barry said, gripping tight onto my hand.

I looked up at my husband. "Yeah, well, I'm having a really hard time believing that."

Barry leaned down. "Well, then it's a good thing I have enough faith in you. for the both of us. All right?" He said, pressing his lips against my forehead, as I let out a sigh.

Than all of a sudden the computers began beeping like mad. I looked over the computer and saw that it was the Central City Stadium.

What do we got?" Barry asked me.

C.C.P.D is getting bombarded with calls from people at the soccer game at Central City Stadium." I informed everyone.

Ralph walked into the Cortex. "It's all over the news, too."

Okay, I'm going to get over there." Barry told me.

Caitlin and Sherloque both walked into the Cortex. C.C.P.D already cleared out the stadium." Caitlin informed my husband.

Find the bomb, and we'll help you disarm it." I said, giving Barry a reassuring nod.

I saw Nora walking into the Cortex, confused.

What's going on?" She wondered.

Barry turned to her and sighed. "I'll tell you on the way."

And with that both Barry and Nora flashed out of the S.TA.R. Labs and made their way over to the Central City Stadium.

Sara! there's no bomb." Barry informed me.

Flicking through Spyn Zone, I noticed an article with the title: 'Bomb Threat During Soccer Gams at Central City Stadium.'

I furrowed my brows. "Guys, look at the time stamp on Spencer's post."

11:05 am." Caitlin spoke up.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, and now look at the time that C.C.P.D got the first call about the bomb sighting."

It was five minutes later." Ralph responded.

Looking up at my sister, I sighed. "Hey, can you bring up Officer Jones' brain scan? I'm going to run the code of Spencer's post through the decomplier."

Caitlin and I were working on the scans together. I brought up the code and flickered through it.

Got it." Caitlin announced, bringing up a side-by-side comparison with the scan and the code. "Done. The brain scan. The code is an exact match."

Barry, it's the headlines." I informed him, taking a deep breath.

What?" He questioned.

That's how Spencer's hypnotizing people." I answered. "They're reading her headlines! Don't look at them."

Suddenly Barry let out a groan.

Too late!" He informed us. "Nora's been hypnotized. She's trying to kill me."

I Immediately getting out of my chair, I walked over to the cabinet and grabbed the tranquilizer gun and grabbed the extrapolator.

Caitlin, take over." I ordered.

Where are you going?" She questioned.

To get my family back." I answered, turning on the extrapolator, creating a breach right in front of me. I sighed and jumped inside.

Landing on the concrete ground, I found that I was inside the stadium. Walking out to the field, my eyes widen when I saw Nora on top of Barry, who was the ground.

Lifting up and aiming the gun, I pulled the trigger and a tranq shot out and hit Nora in the arm. I watched as my future daughter fell limp onto the ground.

I immediately raced over to her as Barry hovered above her. He looked up at me and nodded. "Nice shot!" He said before standing up. "Guys, do we know where Spencer is?"

Than suddenly Barry flashed away and captured Spencer.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Everyone apart from Sherloque were currently in the Cortex, standing in front of the monitor. A new report was plastered saying that the mayor was resigning.

All right." Barry spoke up, walking into the Cortex with Nora. "Spencer's all locked up in Iron Heights."

They Mayor's resigning." I informed my husband.

What?" Barry questioned in disbelief.

I'm surprised she lasted this long." Ralph commented.

Well, at least now, with Spencer behind us, we can concentrate on bigger fish." Barry said, smiling a small bit.

Yes, we can." Sherloque said, walking into the Cortex, holding a mask. "So . . ."

Caitlin nodded. "Uh, Sherlock . . ."

Sherloque." He corrected.

He thinks he's found a key to Cicada's identity." My sister finished informed the group.

Sherloque held up a mask. "A crucial clue to help us solve our little mystery. So we all know the distinctive sound of Cicada's breathing due to the respirator in the mask. But not just that, because also his lungs are injured." He explained.

But injured from what?" Nora wondered.

Historically, there is an event that causes David Hersch to always become Cicada, but not this time. There's a different Cicada because . . . " Sherloque trailed off.

Because Nora helped me destroy the satellite." Barry answered, crossing his arms over his chest.

Sherloque nodded. "Monsieur Allen, Nora's strike through the satellite changed the trajectory of the debris, and now the debris has hit a new person and injured our new Cicada."

Okay, but how did that give him his powers?" Ralph questioned.

DeVoe flooded the satellite with dark matter. It makes sense that the pieces would be saturated." Caitlin answered with a nod.

I furrowed my brows together. "So Cicada and the dagger were created the night of the Enlightenment."

Acquired powers together." Sherloque confirmed.

Ralph sighed. "Well, listen, Sherlock. . ."

Sherloque."

I got to hand it to you." Ralph told him with a small nod. "That's very impressive."

It's quite a breakthrough, right, Monsieur Dibny?" Sherloque asked, turning to him and smiled slightly. One that I cannot take any credit for. No, all the credit, all the praise goes to you, Monsieur Dibny. It was your instincts to follow the mask, right? Well, you were right, and I was less right. I apologize."

I sighed and turned to the group. "Okay, guys, I'm sorry. The dagger part still doesn't make sense. I mean, things cannot become metas, right?"

I don't know about that." Barry said, showing Spencer's phone. My eyes widen when I saw dark matter in her phone. "Our satellite didn't just create new metas. It created meta-tech."

I looked at my husband, shocked. "Which puts meta-human abilities in the hands of anyone."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Walking around S.T.A.R. Labs, I walked into the med lab and finally found Nora, who I've been trying to find all night. She was sitting up on the bed, looking down at her hands.

Hey." I walked up to her. "Caitlin says you're going to be fine." I assured her. Nora gave me a weak nod before looking back down at her hands. "I'm sorry for surpassing your powers, but I think it was the right thing to do."

Nora looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "Yeah. No, I-I . . I get it. I mean, I was trying to kill Dad. I would've done the same thing, too."

I took a deep breath. "No, that's . . . That's not what I mean. I'm talking about in the future."

Nora looked at me in disbelief. "What?"

I know that you're upset and angry. And honestly, I Before today, I couldn't even imagine a situation where I would do something like that to you. But after seeing the choice that I just made . . . I know that whatever reason I would have for keeping your powers a secret, it must have been a good one, Nora. It must have been to protect you."

No." Nora disagreed, a tear slipping down her cheek. What happened today, has nothing to do with what happens in the future. You didn't suppress my ability my whole life because I was brainwashed or attacking people. You did it to control me. My whole life I felt like I was different than everybody else, but I didn't know why. You took a choice away from me that I didn't even know that I had A choice to be a hero, like my dad."

What's going on?" Barry asked, walking into the med lab.

I quickly whipped the tear off my face and turned to my husband. "Nothing, we're just talking."

No." Nora spoke, her voice breaking as more tears ran down her face. "Mum thinks that she had good reasons to suppress my powers in the future, but she doesn't know what that reason is."

My stomach twisted and turn. How could I do that to my own kid? How could I be this horrible to her?

More tears silently rolled down my cheek, as I tried not to let out a sob.

I'm sure it's a good one." Barry responded. I turned to him, shocked as he took my side. He sighed and approached my side. Look, Nora, I don't have to visit the future to know what kind of mother Sarah is going to be. She cars about family more than anyone I've ever met. Okay? And I support her decisions past, present and future."

Nora shook her head in disbelief. "Then I guess I need to rethink what the meaning of family is." She said, jumping off the bed and walking towards the door.

Nora, wait." I called out.

She turned around and faced me. "Do you know what hurt the most about learning I had powers? Not hearing it from my mum." She turned around and ran out the room.

I looked up at Barry and all the tears run down. Placing my hand up to cover my mouth, I let out a sob. I couldn't believe that I did that to my own daughter..

My eyes flooded with tears, coming like a rainfall. Sniffling every ten seconds, they fall, and fall. Great sobs racked my body.

Barry wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me into his chest. I snaked my arms around his middle and cried into his chest.

It's all right." He assured me, rubbing my back soothingly.

Barry nodded."Yup."

Just like the guy that stole the Winehouse necklace." I told my husbands.

We got a stretching clown meta." Barry informed.

I scoffed. "Yeah, that's not creepy at all. Did you find any more of those weird lines?"

No, and if there's more, they're buried underneath tons of rubble, just like our meta, unless he was able to stretch out of that one too." Barry explained to me and sighed. "Which I'm sure he was. The lines."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 2.6K 22
Barry and the team are in for a treat when a new speedster arrives in town. But not just any speedster, it's Barry's younger daughter. He also has No...
207K 5.5K 27
Rebecca Allen is the younger sister of the famous speedster, Barry Allen. Her life has been a series of ups and downs. From her mother's death and fa...
41.7K 1.2K 29
When both Cisco and Barry cross paths with a girl who possesses the power to control the elements, they both find themselves on a rollercoaster ride...
925 53 10
Gwen Allen runs back in time to prevent the death of her parents. What she doesn't know is that there is a mysterious girl following her...