Hunger Point | Phan

By pennyroyaItea

Dan Howell and Phil Lester are just alike but come from different sides of the fence. Taking this into accoun... More

Hunger Point || Phanfiction
Chapter Two: Kids just like you.
Chapter three: Support group is stupid
Chapter Four: Public Confrontation
Chapter Five: Progress
Chapter Six: Distance
Chapter Seven: Accidents
Chapter Eight: Night in the Hospital
Chapter Nine: Skipping School and Falling in Love
Chapter Ten: Burning Bridges
Chapter Eleven: For Dan
Chapter Twelve: Misunderstandings
Chapter Thirteen: Mistakes were made
Chapter Fourteen: Love at Long Last?
fck
Chapter Fifteen: Lives terribly interwoven
Chapter Sixteen: Truancy
Chapter Seventeen: Distance
Chapter Eighteen: Reality is Escaping
Chapter Nineteen: Dan's armor
Chapter Twenty: Unmasked
Chapter Twenty-one: Recrafting our worlds
Chapter Twenty-two: Completing our semester
Chapter Twenty-three: Captured
Chapter Twenty-four: Daisy
Chapter Twenty-five: Visitation
Chapter Twenty-six: Life in the ward
Chapter Twenty-seven: Life without Dan
Chapter Twenty-eight: He doesn't love you anymore
Chapter Twenty-nine: Regrets
Spoilers :)
Chapter Thirty: Homebound
Chapter Thirty-one: Jealousy
Chapter Thirty-two: Christmas Eve
Chapter Thirty-three: Christmas
Chapter Thirty-four: The States
Chapter Thirty-five: Slaycation
Chapter Thirty-six: Why'd you only call me when you're high?
Chapter Thirty-seven: The Day After
Chapter Thirty-eight: Love at Long Last? 2.0
Chapter Thirty-nine: New Years
Chapter Forty: Therapy (like the ATL song lolzor))
Chapter Forty-two: Trial
Chapter Forty-three: Wifi
Chapter Forty-four: Skeleton relationship
Chapter Forty-five: I will never find another you
Chapter Forty-six: Suffocation
Epilogue: Life After Death
after all this time...an update???

Chapter Forty-one: Big Events

338 21 7
By pennyroyaItea

| warning: an unbearable amount of fluff. c; Also There's a lot of skipping around, sorry. |

[ Phil ]

"Let me do it!" Dan insisted, causing me to squeal in protest. "Dont hurt me." I warned, sighing as he picked up a section of my fringe and ran the flat press over it. "We're graduating today..." He noted blissfully, continuing to straighten my hair. "I can't believe it." I added, smiling at him as my mum swung into my bathroom.

"Good, you boys are up. Ready for today?" She asked, an aura of giddy energy surrounding her. It worked quite well on her. "Hell yes." Dan said, flashing her a smile. She stood in the doorway for a moment, just watching the two of us. "I'm so glad the two of you finally came to your senses." She muttered before walking out and I rolled my eyes. "Your mum ships us." Dan pointed out woodenly and I laughed, resting my hands on his hips, stopping his progress on my hair. "That's a good thing." I told him, kissing the corner of his lips.

"You missed." He uttered, pouting, kissing me full-front on the lips. Eventually I pulled back, dropping my hands from his waist. "Hurry up and finish my hair! We don't have long!" I urged and he laughed, continuing his process.

Until Graduation.

- - -

"Brianna, get off my boyfriend." I scolded her, laughing when she hugged Dan tighter. "Or what?" She teased and Dan hugged her back, sticking his tongue out at me. "Or I'll find Carla." I threatened, eyes scanning the filling up auditorium. "Good Luck, she's sitting with her parents. I left her to say hi to you guys." Bri informed us and I fake-scoffed, rolling my eyes when Dan kissed her cheek. "Jealous?" He asked, lifting an eyebrow. "Too bad he's gay." I told Brianna, and she shrugged, responding, "He's had girlfriends, Phil, he's bi. Nice try." I felt my face heating up, realising I was jealous, even if they were just fooling around.

"Aw, Phil, we're just playing. No need to be jealous of Dan, you know you're my favourite." She assured, letting go of Dan to in turn wrap her arms around my shoulders. "Oh, shush. Go find your girlfriend." I told her and she flipped us off before skipping off to see Carla. "You were jealous." Dan muttered, sinking lower in his assigned chair. Too bad we couldn't sit together-I was a few rows behind him. "Shut up, Daniel James." I deadpanned, and he cringed, making a face. "Phillip Michael, you know I loathe the use of my full name." He reminded me and I shrugged, humming low in my throat. "Too bad. I must go off to my seat, it starts any minute." I replied, grinning at him, kissing the top of his head. "See you when we've graduated high school." He called after me and I smiled, finding my seat. I couldn't wait.

- - -

I was so glad PJ (Liguori) and Chris (Kendall) had last names close to mine. Without the two of them at my side I might've died from boredom until they reached Dan's name. Every time no one clapped for someone PJ would scream, "YOU GO GLEN COCO!", furthermore getting everyone worked up. It was the best. I zoned out after Dan until they reached me. What a big hullabaloo for a piece of paper.

- - -

"Congratulations!" Dan exclaimed, kissing me tenderly, eyes glazed over with pure happiness. It made me buzz with elation, seeing him happy. "Congratulations, boys." My mum said as she joined us, Keaton balanced on her hip, looking anything but happy for anyone. What happened to her?

"Uh, thanks?" Dan poked, testing the waters, noticing it too. "Sorry. I just got a call. We have a court meeting tomorrow...regarding your father.." My jaw went slack and my mouth ran dry, like I had been sucking on a cracker. "Are you serious?" I demanded, noticing by the way her eyebrows crumpled that she was tense about the whole thing, like it was a bruise and I was pushing on it. "Did they find him? Is he going to jail?" I pressed, watching her hold her anger within herself quietly. She didn't want to take her stress out on me. I could tell.

"I don't know much." She told me, shaking her head. "I have a migraine. I'm very proud of you two and I have already picked out your graduation present but for now, I'm taking Keaton home. We'll focus on your magnificent accomplishment after...this all blows over, okay? Go out and enjoy yourselves tonight. I'm sorry." And with that, she excused herself, dispersing into the crowd. I turned towards Dan, head thick and foggy, body gone numb.

"'Go out and enjoy yourselves'? Not anymore." He noted, halting suddenly at my expression. "You look like you're gonna be sick, come here." He pulled me into his arms, my head buried between his neck and his shoulder, his graduation tassel tickling my cheek as I hugged him back, arms strung loosely around his waist. "The Graduation Party is at The Rembrandt"-which was a hotel in London- "and since we won't be at the party, why not rent a room there? Spend the night, you and I? Make it enjoyable before the stressful day ahead of us?" He suggested and I think I nodded because he said something about heading there now, before the sun set but I wasn't paying much attention. I was still trying to find a foothold to grasp onto, to save my flailing mind.

I didn't find it until later that night, at the Rembrandt.

- - -

"Next: on Top Funniest..." I rolled my eyes at the corny show, muting it, tuning into Dan singing in the shower. He had an amazing voice and I'd listen to it any chance I got but right now I just wanted him to hurry up in the shower and cuddle with me to take my mind off things. I had no idea what to expect tomorrow and I didn't know if I was ready. How could mum dump that on me but not share all she knew? How could she be so discreet? And the way she was so stressed and tense worried me. Did that mean it was bad news? Was dad not being locked up after all?

"Dan! Hurry up in there!" I called, shrinking further under the duvet. The temperature had dropped quite a bit for May and we had the balcony doors wide open to grant us a view on the now-finally-appearing stars. "I am!" He sang-yes, sang-back to me and a minute later the shower clicked off, as did his singing. I frowned, thoroughly enjoying his rendition of Nicotine by Panic! At The Disco.

Dan finally emerged from the bathroom, seemingly snug in pajama pants with 'Lord of the Rings' splattered all over it in bold gold lettering, a black "wifebeater" accompanying it. He slid into bed next to me, over top of the duvet, kissing my cheek softly. "Are you okay?"

I shrugged. "I don't know how to feel. I don't know what to expect. I got so used to him being missing in action I never thought about the day he would be found." I admitted and all was silent for a minute. I didn't look up from my lap. "I suppose I'd feel the same way. Can I try and cheer you up?" He asked, excitement openly displayed in his voice. I barely nodded.

Ten minutes and a discreet phone call later there was a knock on the door and a shout announcing "Room service!" I shot Dan a puzzled look. "Just wait..." he murmured, disappearing. He came back with a covered tray and a bottle of...wine? He hates alcohol...and food. What is he doing?

He sat the wine on the side table, placing the tray next to me on the bed. "Under that silver lid is a pumpkin pie, with chocolate drizzled whip cream and all. I'm going to eat all you want me to, even if it's the whole thing,...without my hands."

"I don't want to force you to eat." I told him immediately, though his offer was tempting, and he shrugged, running his fingers through his curling hair. "Whole thing it is." He said, lifting the tray off the pie. It looked glorious. He stuck his face in the whip cream, chocolate drizzle on his cheeks when he looked at me next, a chunk of whip cream dripping down his chin. I cracked a grin, laughing as he licked around his mouth. He got another bite of whip cream, kissing my lips, making them sticky. "Stop." I murmured, still laughing, wiping a bit of chocolate off his cheek before licking my index finger.

"Are you really going to eat all of that?" I asked after he had indulged in about a normal sized piece. He nodded, mouth stuffed with pie. I couldn't deny how happy that made me feel but I managed to hide my smile. "And have a toast of wine with me?" I continued, a smile still twitching at my unwilling, stiff lips. He swallowed, now able to speak, "Yes-but we're keeping you to two glasses, alcoholic." He smirked to let me know he was playing and I rolled my eyes, forcing a laugh. "Oh, shush."

Suddenly, he stopped eating and wiped off his face, looking at me with the utmost serious expression. "I keep remembering everything that has happened to us...and it hasn't even been a year yet... But, Phil, it's been the best goddamn year of my life. So whatever happens tomorrow...remember you have me, okay?"

A smile pulled at my lips, tears flooding the ducts behind my eyes. "I love you so much it hurts. Screw the pie, screw the wine, you make me drunk enough-come lay with me." I requested and he sat the partially eaten pie on the nightstand by the wine. Then he slid under the duvet until his head fit comfortably on my shoulder, throwing his arm over my stomach.

"Can we stay like this forever?" He asked after a moment of silence. I slipped my arm under his hips, holding his waist, gently kissing his forehead before answering quietly, "I wish we could.. I wish we could..."

He kissed my jawline, mumbling meekly in my ear: "I'll love you forever." I smiled, casting my eyes downward to meet his loving gaze. "I'll love you for that and longer." I responded, his eyes fluttering shut and his gentle breathing letting me know he'd soon be lulled into sleep. And we fell asleep like that, his imprint against my body keeping me sane for tomorrow-my brain finally finding its sanity, if only temporary.

/ / /

This took so long to get out because the story's about to end and I don't want it to :c plus holidays lolzor

Also I would've had the trial in this chapter but I've rewritten this chapter twice and decided the trial best be its own chapter. So yeah. xD

But now it's three a.m. and I have an early meeting with my psychologist so I need to sleep >< Sorry for the delay & Thanks for reading c:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 148 21
I've read a bunch of phan, so why not write one? Dan Howell's life couldn't be any better at the moment. He has met the most beautiful, charming, kin...
7.7K 641 41
Description: Dan Howell- a boy who is madly in love with his best friend Phil Lester. He claims that he has loved Phil since the day they met in 2009...
1.2K 51 20
Skinny love, it's a funny thing. Everyone can see it accept the two people. Take two flat mates, Dan Howell and Phil Lester for example. Phil has flo...
32.1K 924 22
in which dan and phil are best friends, but dan wishes it was something more.