Checkmate: THE NEXT LEVEL (R)

By Love_Bri94

Mya and Chris take on the married life. Will they be able to handle all of the obstacles that it brings Tim... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
TwentyOne
TwentyTwo
TwentyThree
TwentyFour
TwentyFive
TwentySix
TwentySeven
TwentyEight
TwentyNine
Thirty
ThirtyOne
ThirtyTwo
ThirtyThree
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFive
ThirtySix
ThirtySeven
ThirtyEight
ThirtyNine
Forty
FortyOne
FortyTwo
FortyThree
FortyFour
FortyFive
FortySix
FortySeven
FortyEight
FortyNine
Fifty
FiftyOne
FiftyTwo
FiftyThree
FiftyFour
FiftyFive
FiftySix
FiftySeven
FiftyEight
🫢🏽
FiftyNine
Sixty
SixtyOne
SixtyTwo
🫠
Bonus Ch.1 - Breezy Knows Best
Bonus Ch.2 - Chatting With the Andersons
Bouns Ch 3. - Causing Trouble
πŸ™„πŸ˜’

Nine

8.7K 453 814
By Love_Bri94

Chapter Nine
Timothy Anderson
Los Angeles, California

Sitting on the couch, I called Mya for the thousandth time but kept getting her voicemail. It feels like I'm stuck in a fucking nightmare right now. To hear her say that she hates me fucked me up. We ain't never been like this and we're not about to start all over some bitch.

Exhaling, I stared at the shattered glass on the floor. Man when Mya snaps she loses it. I just hate that all of this had to happen while she's pregnant.

A knock on my door caused my eyebrows to furrow. Shit I'm lowkey scared to answer, she might be back to come shoot up the place.

Getting up from seat, I went and glanced through the peephole. I laid my forehead against the door at the sight of my mom and Mariah. This shit just about to get worse! And Syren still here.

"Open the fucking door Tim!" Mariah yelled.

How she even know I was right here?!

I opened the door. "I had enough drama for the day." I said while leaning against the door post.

"Ask me if I give a fuck." My mom said while pushing past me.

"Seriously can we save this for another time? I need to get my living room window fixed and my windshield."

"No we can't do this another time. I'm sick and tired of it being everybody against Mya! What the hell is wrong with y'all?!"

"I know that bitch ain't still here." Mariah said pointing to Syrens purse. "SYREN!"

"Mariah chill bro!"

"Hell no, SYREEEEEN!"

"I'm not about to let you fight her dawg."

"Why cause she carrying yo bastard ass baby."

"Mariah!" Our mom yelled.

"Ain't nobody about to fight, I'm just about to drag this tired ass hoe out the house that my sister paid for. You are really dumb Tim. And I wish Mya would've beat your ass too. That girl and her husband is the reason your stupid self got proper care when you almost fucking died and this is how you repay her. I swear I'm so glad I'm not the rich one in the family cause none of you ungrateful pieces of shit would get a dime from me." She started walking towards the stairs.

"Riah, just let her be man." I begged.

"Fuck her and you bitch."

As she jogged up the stairs I let out a loud groan.

"The way you told me about Syren, you should've told Mya." My mom said.

"No matter when I told her the outcome was going to be the same. She hates that girl and nothing is changing that. She told Syren that she and our bastard ass baby is going to die. The girl is bat shit crazy. Throwing bricks and shit through my window. Threw one at Syrens face."

"I don't blame her at all but her being crazy is nothing new. She cracked Kayla in the head with a Hennessy bottle. Why do you guys keep testing this girl?"

"No the real question is why didn't you and daddy put her ass in a crazy house. She been like this since we was kids. She used to chase us with butcher knives. I remember she pulled daddy gun on Brian. Yeah I'm snitching."

"Timothy, now is not the time for your jokes. You can't laugh your way out of this one"

"That's not a joke she really was about to shoot that man. Maybe that's why he so pissed now."

"Tim."

"Alright, alriiiiight."

"And then on top of all this, you've been teaching Landon to speak terribly to his classmates. Why? You're 31 Tim, and when they came to ask you about it, you wanna act like you don't care."

"I do care. I just thought Mya would leave quicker if I gave her a nonchalant attitude especially with Syren here. I feel bad, I never told Landon to repeat nothing I tell him. I just be joking with the boy but I should've known better. I feel terrible about that."

"That's all she wanted to hear. Why couldn't you just say that?"

"Because I don't be thinking ma." I whined while running my hands over my head. "This shit is just too much."

"Tim you've always put yourself in the dumbest situations, knowing the outcome is always going to be crazy. When will you learn? When will you grow up? The person that continued rooting for you when the world was against you now wants nothing to do with you. What now?"

"I gotta fix this." My voice started cracking. "I don't want Mya hating me. I gotta make it right."

"How Tim?"

"I don't know......shit if she can forgive Chris she can forgive me right?"

My mom laughed. "You're ignorant."

"I'm serious though, I can't have my sister mad at me."

"Well you should've thought about that before you continued messing with that girl. I've always taught you all to stick together, this just shows me none of you ever listen to anything I say."

"You right."

"Give Mya some space. Let her come talk to you when she's ready, don't blow up her phone, pop up at her house, it's just going to make things worse."

Sighing, I placed my hands on my head. "Alright."

The sound of bags flying down the stairs caused me to quickly look over. Why do I have to have all crazy sisters?

"You got some fucking nerve nigga, this bitch was basically living here." Mariah said while coming over to me. "I wanna slap you so bad."

"Doing all that is not even necessary." My mom said while pulling her back. "Life is about to rip my son to shreds unfortunately."

"So you really letting her put me out?" Syren asked

"Yes bitch! BOUNCE!" Mariah yelled. "This ain't no fucking game."

I looked over at Syren. "We only communicate when it's about the baby."

"Y'all really so far up Mya's ass it's ridiculous. Treating that bitch like she's the queen of the earth!"

Mariah's hand was inches from her face but I grabbed it. "Let me go Tim!"

"No! Syren, leave." I said.

"Are you serious?!" Syren yelled.

"MAN GO!"

"Okay." She grabbed her bags. "Ima make sure you regret all of this shit! You and your family."

"Tim let Mariah get her." My mom said.

"She ain't worth it, trust me."

"I can't believe you got this bitch pregnant." Mariah snatched away from me. "You never use your brain Tim, that's why you're always caught up in stupid Shìt. Whatever that bitch does to you, you fucking deserve it......ma, I'm outside."

Mariah stormed out. "This is some straight bullshit." I said while smacking the wall.

"You made your bed sweetie, you gotta lay in it......I'm gonna get going. If you wanna come stay with us for a few days you can."

"I'm good. I need to be alone for a minute."

"Okay. I'll call you." My mom hugged me.

"Okay."

Once she left out, I called to get my windows fixed and as if I had bad luck, everybody was booked for the day. After I put some plastic up and cleaned up the glass, I went upstairs.

Opening my nightstand drawer, I pulled out a ziplock full of pills.

Today was just to much for me, I gotta clear my head.

Chris Brown
A Few Days Later

"Giiiiirl, you know I like when you naked and you shake it in my face and I can't take it. FaceTime makes me anxious and she looks so good I can't taste it." I sung into the mic. Since I've been out the house I've been working on this mixtape we about to put out. One of my favorite songs on there is a song called City Girls. It's definitely gone be a banger. It honestly makes me think about the old Mya.

"Ride me don't stop iiiit, you should be in tropics tanning your body, til it get dark milk chocolate."

My other phone started buzzing in my pocket, taking my focus away from me singing the next part. I pulled it out and Landon's picture displayed.

"Aye hold up." I told Hoody, as I got up from my chair and walked away from the mic. He stopped the music and I answered the call. "Hello."

"Hey dad."

"Hey son, wassup."

"I'm hungry."

"Go eat man." I let out a small laugh.

"Everything has to be cooked, I'm too little to cook."

"Where's ya mom? I'm sure she'll cook for you. I'm working right now Bam."

"She's not talking. I haven't ate since I left MeMes house two days ago. Mommy's just up in her room in the dark. I feel sick dad." His voice started cracking.

"I'm on my way."

"Okay."

I hung up the phone and stuffed it back in my pocket and grabbed my work phone, rushing out. "I gotta go." I told everybody.

"You good?" Keeis asked.

"Something wrong with Mya, I gotta go check up on her."

"You want somebody to come with you?"

"Nah...we can finish this another time." That was the last thing I said before hurrying out the studio. I grabbed my keys and ran out the house and jumped in the car. I was speeding so fast down the driveway I was about to bust through the gate if it ain't open in time. I need to see what's going on. Mainly why she ain't fed my son in two fucking days.

Before I got home, I grabbed Landon some food so that he wouldn't have to wait until something was done.

I know Mya going through some shit but this right here is unacceptable! Her brother always doing stupid shit. Ain't no reason to be acting like this though.

Pulling through the gate, I quickly jumped out and hurried inside. "Landon!"

He came walking out the back. When he saw the food in my hand his eyes grew and he hurried over to me. That shit lowkey made me wanna cry because he shouldn't be in this predicament. "Thank you!" He said

"You welcome bud, go watch Tv."

"Okay."

I went upstairs to our room. I tried to open the door but it was locked. Groaning I reached up to the doorframe and grabbed the key then opened it. The room was pitch black but I could see Mya laying there. "Mya, get up man." Picking up the remote, I opened the curtains then turned to face her. She was staring at me already. Her eyes were puffy and red. "Get up Mya!"

"Why you here?"

"First of all I fucking live here. And second my son called me crying saying that you ain't fed him in two days. What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Ain't shit wrong with me." She said while sitting up.

"It gotta be cause why the fuck is my son starving and you laying here!"

She just looked at me again. "Just go, I'll make him something to eat."

"Don't bother, I already handled it. So what.....you depressed because your brother got that bitch pregnant? He a grown fucking man, cut him off stop letting these people get to you!"

She laughed while licking her lips. "My brother is the least of my problems Chris. What did you do the other day?"

"What?"

"Now you deaf?! What the fuck did you do the other day?"

"Worked."

"Damn, you can lie to my face that fucking easily huh?"

"I did work, then we had a little party...that's all."

"Little? Boy bye! House full of naked ass bitches, liquor and of course drugs! Chris your fans send me every fucking thing! You know you need to start taking phone from niggas too." She picked her phone up and unlocked it. I watched as she went to her messages then pulled up a video. "So I'm just laying here scrolling, minding my fucking business when I get a DM. They personalized this video just for me baby. Let's watch it together on the big screen shall we?!" Her screen popped up on our projector. "So I'm watching, and I'm watching and then this part slows up. Why because my fucking husband is in the background SNORTING FUCKING COCAINE OFF A BITCHES STOMACH!" She threw her phone at me.

"Mya baby."

"No don't Mya baby me! We just talked about this shit and you swore you wasn't doing nothing but here the fuck it is Chris. You can't deny this one. Same tattoos, same thin ass body, same messy ass black and blonde hair! Not just the drugs but the bitches too huh. Should I go get my friend out the closet? Do I got another cheating scandal to deal with?"

"No."

"I told you after the indigo tour that I wasn't going to sit back and let this shit happen. You wanna be on drugs, you still wanna live your life like your a single man, I'm going to let you do that. I'm sick and tired of telling you what not to do when you should've figured that shit out before you proposed." She slid her ring off her finger. "You can have that back because I really don't want it." Mya tossed it to the floor then went into our closet and grabbed her suitcase.

"Baby please, I slipped up. I'm so sorry. I'll get help. I'll check into a rehab today. Please don't leave."

"Chris you need to fix your whole fucking life. It's more than just you. Your dirty ass friends, those yes men that you love to hang around you need to get rid of them too. But I can't put everything on them, you should have a mind of your own."

I pulled her suitcase and held onto it. "So you just gone give up just like that? It's this easy for you to walk away from me?"

"Just as easy as it was for you to snort that line. Can I get my suitcase?"

"No man....we not about to do this. We promised we'd work shit out."

"Christopher give me my suitcase."

"Baby let's work through this."

"IM NOT WORKING THROUGH SHIT!" Her hand smacked everything off the dresser. "I always got work through Shìt with everybody that does me wrong! NO! You figure this out on your own. When you did the shit I was the last person on your mind. You don't even think about your fucking kids! All you cared about was being high! You probably got something in your system right now don't you."

"I don't." I kept fighting the tears that was threatening to spill. I don't want her to leave. It's like a fucking flashback to when I cheated it. "I'll stop baby, I'll do whatever. You can be around me 24/7 and see how serious I am. I don't wanna lose you. We were doing good.....Mya you know I can't function without you baby. Please....I'm begging you baby, please don't leave me."

"I just need a minute to myself. I look out for everybody, and always put me last. It's been so much bullshit going on, I can't take it no more. My baby doesn't deserve all off this stress that I'm putting on my body. I gotta remain healthy for her and for Landon. Chris you're 35 years old, nobody should have to keep telling you right from wrong. I'm your wife not your mother. Now can I have my suitcase."

Realizing she wasn't letting up I just passed to her. "Can I at least know where you're going? You pregnant Mya, I don't wanna be wondering what's going on with you." My voice was now raspier than normal. This shit hurts, I love this woman so damn much but if she needs a minute alone I gotta give her that.

"I'm going home."

That was the last thing she said before turning to her clothes.

Walking out the room, I just went and sat on the end of the bed. Tears ran down my face.

I don't know why I thought I'd continue to get away with this Shìt. I told myself to stop because I knew her leaving was going to eventually be the outcome but I'm just so stuck in my own ways. I've been like this for years and I'm so accustomed to it, it's been hard to shake. But I gotta do it. For me and my family or I'm just going to be a lonely soul and I don't want that. Everybody knows that I need Mya. I'm nothing without her or my kids.

A few minutes passed and she came out dressed and dragging her bag. "If Landon didn't have school he'd be going too but my mom and Mariah will look after him since you're busy."

"I'm not busy. That's my son and I'll take care of him."

She just looked at me before nodding.

"Can I at least take you to landing strip?" I asked.

"............I guess."

I stood up and grabbed her bag. She brushed past me and went downstairs. Before I turned I went and picked her ring off the floor and just stared at it for a while before putting it in my pocket.

When I got downstairs Mya was hugging Landon and they both were crying. "Mommy won't be gone long I promise. I'll ask Auntie Mariah to fly you out this weekend okay?" She told him.

"Do you have to go?"

"Yes and I wanna take you with me so bad Bam but you have school and you can't miss. Just give me two weeks and I'll be right back here."

"Okay."

"Stop crying boo." Mya kissed his face. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Come on, we're about to take mommy to the airport." I told him. "We can pick up Royalty and go have some fun later."

"Okay." Landon held on to Mya tight as they walked out the door and over to our truck. Honestly our driveway was turning into a car lot. We bought a Escalade once she told me she was pregnant.

Everybody got in and we made our way to the landing strip. The ride was quiet but I didn't expect anything other than that. When we got there, Mya quickly got out then she went to the backseat with Landon. I got out and grabbed her bag and took it on the jet.

Once I climbed off, I watched as her and Landon hugged again then she kissed his cheek and shut the door.

Mya was about to walk past me and up the stairs but I grabbed her arm. "Let me know when you land please."

"Okay."

"I love you Mya."

".............Landon's waiting." She pulled out my grip and got on the plane.

Sighing I shook my head and walked over to the truck and climbed in.

"I wish she didn't have to go." Landon said.

"Me too man, but she'll be back before we know it. I promise."

He didn't say anything, but I looked up in the rearview mirror and he was crying and that broke me even more.

When we got back to house I just sat there for a minute.

"Go ahead in Landon, I'm about to see if Ro wants to come over."

"Okay." He climbed out the car and went inside.

Exhaling I took my phone out and scrolled through my call log until I got to Munchies number. I thought about calling Ant but he's definitely one of those yes men that my wife complained about. "Hello." She answered.

"Munchie, wassup."

"Hey Chris, what's going on?"

"You in Miami?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Myas on her way there. I need you to keep an eye on her for me."

"Why is Mya in Miami?"

"I fucked up......she left."

"Nigga I know yo stupid ass is not still cheating! What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"No man, I didn't cheat. It was something else."

"What el— oh...man Breezy we talked about that."

"I know, and that's why I called you. Not only do I need you to look after Mya, I need you to find me an outpatient rehab."

"Of course."

"Thanks man, I owe you big time."

"Just get clean and stay clean Chris. That's all I want. And I love Mya the last thing I need is you two ending up divorced because that shit will break my heart."

"It won't happen. Ima get it together though."

"Good, I'll get on that right now and I'll check in on Mya."

"Cool. Thanks again."

"No problem."

"I'll let you know when she lands."

"Alright."

"Alright."

I hung up the phone and tossed it in my lap. Taking a deep breath, I rested my head against the head rest, and just stared in front of me. Then I just broke down crying.

It's so fucking crazy how everything changes from being perfect to a disaster.

I gotta get shit back to how it was. I need that perfection back ASAP!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 10.7K 63
She never thought she would find someone that she could fall so fast in love with. He changed everything. He showed her that she could have someone...
65.2K 4.6K 35
Could this be the end of an era? Mya and Chris face turmoil in their marriage for the last time. Will they be able to survive this hardship or will...
328K 13.3K 52
From the Beginning she thought there was only two choices Change Him or Get sucked into his Lifestyle Now she sees there's only one option Surviving...
160K 4.6K 54
Every girl that has thought about being with some famous guy and some point in her life. What happens when August meets your family? What happens whe...