America and Aspen?

Oleh BalletBeauty22

What if the rebels never attacked when Maxon was about to choose Kriss. So Maxon is engaged to Kriss. America... Lebih Banyak

America and Aspen
It's real
Dear
Halloween
The Ball
Gala!
21st Birthday
Clarkson has a heart
Wedding Bells
America!
Will She Survive?
Pageant time
No Aspen!
Surprise Maxon!
No!
Visitors
The Rebels
Mom!
Kota?
Family
Maxon, please
Lady Brice is Your What?!
I'm sorry
Daphne!
Ugh!!
Hunter and America?!
*Gasp*
Southerners

Engagement Party

143 5 2
Oleh BalletBeauty22

I promise you I will never get used to all of the parties this palace throws. Today is Maxon and I's engagement party. My maids once again have outdone themselves with my dress. I can't wait to see the dress for my wedding or my coronation. This is crazy I'm going to be the princess. For years I prepared myself for the life of a 6. Then a 1. Then a 2. Now a 1 again.

I'm in love with the dress. Maxon and I walk arm in arm down the grand staircase as everyone cheers. "Our engagement party Maxon. This is unbelievable. When I left here I never thought I'd be back, " I say. "I'm glad you are back, " He says. "Me too, " I say. We party for a few hours and then go to bed. In the middle of the night.the rebel alarm goes off. I get up and I throw on my uniform and run it out if my room with my weapons. I run to find the royal family. King Clarkson is in the safe room along with Maxon. I see Queen Amberly about to be killed. "No!" I shriek and run as fast as I can over to her. I distract the rebels so Queen Amberly can run to the safe room. A few rebels grab me. I start shrieking and one of the rebels hits me over the head and I pass out. Some guards come running and the rebels drop me on the ground. Two hours later I wake up in the hospital. I get up and walk out. I have a killer headache. So I take some pain medicine and head off to see Maxon. By the time I get there, my head already felt better. The palace has some fast medicines. I knock on the door. "Come in, " Maxon says. I open the door and walk-in. "Hey, " I say with a wave. "America! Are you okay? how do you feel?" Maxon asks. "I woke up with a killer headache but I feel much better after I took some medicine, " I say. "Good. My mother was hysterical during the rebel attack. She didn't know if you were alright. The last thing she heard was a scream before she came down into the safe room. She wanted to go back up to see you but the guard wouldn't let her out, " he says. "I was so worried about you, " he says and he hugs me. "Maxon I distracted the rebels so your mother could getaway. The rebels grabbed me and I was kicking and screaming. They knocked me out sorta. Then other guards came running and they dropped me and took off, " I say. "When I was rushing to check to make sure you and your parents got to the safe room okay I saw Queen Amberly a rebel was about to kill her, " I say. He wraps his arm around me and kisses my forehead. I wrap my arms around him. "I don't want you working today, " he says. "Maxon I want to work today. What if I just take a lunch break and I'll be off in time for the report, " I say."Okay just be careful. Where is your post today?" he asks. "The entrance to the castle, " I say. He nods. "Maxon we are supposed to meet with Sylvia over lunch to discuss wedding plans, " I say. "I still can't believe it. I'm marrying the love of my life and that just so happens to be The Maxon Schreave, " I say. "How did I get so lucky to end up with you?" he says. "I have to go. See you at lunch, " I say and kiss him goodbye. I'm still covered in scratches and I have a cut on my lip and my forehead. I don't have time to get cleaned up yet so I head to my post. A few hours later I meet Sylvia and Maxon in the dining room for lunch to discuss wedding plans. "Hey sorry I'm late, " Maxon apologizes. "No problem, " I say. "So where do we start Sylvia?" I ask. "Food, " she says. Maxon and I name off the foods we were thinking and she writes them down. "Next, " Maxon says. "Bridesmaids MOH Groomsmen and best man, " she says. "Easy Marlee as my Maid of Honor and Celeste and Georgia for bridesmaids, " I say. "Carter as my best man groomsmen August and Aspen, " he says. I whip my head toward him. "Really?" I ask surprised he picked Aspen. He nods. "Flower girl and ring bearer?" Sylvia asks. I turn to Maxon. "May and Gerad, " he says. I smile. "Who will walk you up the aisle Lady America?" she asks. My face drops I haven't really thought about it. I've only ever wanted my dad to give me away. "Kota?" Maxon asks. "No, he'll find a way to criticize me, " I say. "Aspen could walk you up the aisle, " he offers. I shake my head. "Do-Do you think your dad would?" I ask. Maxon looks surprised. "I bet he would love that, " he says. I smile. "Your mother would if course have a dress in the same color as the bridesmaids if she wanted, " I say. He nods. "A date?" Sylvia asks. "November 21st, " I say. Maxon and I had already discussed that. We go through the rest of the details. I get together with my maids in a week for my dress along with Queen Amberly's and the bridal party. Maxon will handle the guys. Then she moves onto coronation details. That is making me nervous. I fidget with my fingers under the table so Sylvia cant see. Maxon notices and grabs my hand and gives it a little squeeze. After we eat I head back to my post. I get into a fight with one of the guards because I had to take him to a jail cell because he was associating with the southern rebels. I'm wearing my uniform but I had rolled up my sleeves. I'm covered in scrapes, bruises, and blood. I look at a clock. The report is about to start I run to the set and I stand behind the cameras looking at Maxon. I mouth, " I'm sorry." He rushes over. "What happened? Are you okay?" he asks. I tell him about the guard associating with the southern rebels. "I'm sorry as soon as I finished with him I didn't have time to change or even clean up. Just do the report without me, " I say. " It's fine as long as you are okay. You should do the report anyways. The people should be able to understand what you do for this country, " Maxon says. I feel my lip still bleeding. "Maxon seriously I'm covered in blood, " I protest. He drags me over to our seats as soon as the cameras turn on and we go live. I still have blood dripping down my arms. The anthem plays and Gavril starts talking and he calls me and Maxon over. " Lady America what happened?" Gavril asks. "I'm so so-, " I begin but Maxon gives me the look and I stop. "Lady America was protecting Illèa once again. We had a guard that was associating with the rebels and he didn't go down without a fight, " Maxon says gesturing to me. When the report is over I get cleaned up and I sit in my bed. A knock comes at my door. Maxon lets himself in. "Hey, " I say. I smile and my lip starts bleeding again. I touch my lip to make sure it actually is bleeding and I run to the bathroom to get a towel. "Thank you, "Maxon says. "For what?" I ask confused. "For saving my mother's life, " he says. He kisses my forehead and says goodnight. My lip finally stops bleeding and I go to sleep.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

109K 1.2K 29
Completed: What if America didn't find out about her father passing until the morning? What if Maxon didn't hear that crash in the hallway the night...
78.7K 1.2K 16
What would happen if the rebel attack didn't happen? Maxon is engaged to Kriss and America is at home, heartbroken. Will Maxon go the ought with the...
14K 296 29
1st book in the 'Afterwards' series America was devastated that Maxon chose Kriss. America was invited to stay at the palace for 1 month to help p...
74K 1.3K 29
Think. All of Kiera Cass's Selection books are magical, beautiful, and so utterly and completely romantic. And all this magic, beauty, and romance...