I'm sorry

Maxon's POV...
She's just laying there. No movement. No anything. I didn't even tell her the entire story of what happened with Brice. If she wakes up I will. Along with what my dad did when I confronted him. (@daugular01 for the idea of telling the whole story and what happened between Maxon and his father) I should have run after her. I should have told her everything. Or at least that I love her. I sit in the chair next to the bed she's on. She's so pale it's horrid. I can't lose her. I need her. Eadlyn and Ahren are with my mother. Even if she can't hear me I must say everything I feel. "America, I love you. I need you, please wake up. I beg of you. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Brice sooner. I truly hope you do not hate me. I couldn't live with myself if you died thinking of me that way. To be honest, I couldn't live without you. I'd be a trainwreck, " I whisper confess. I hold her hand. I try not to fall asleep yet I do.
In the morning...
I wake up to see her unconscious still. The monitor is beeping. Dr. Ashlar is checking on her. It sounds as if her heart rate was getting back to normal. Ashlar leaves with all his information. I squeeze America's hand gently. I close my eyes and just cry. A few moments later I feel someone squeeze my hand. I look up and America smiles at me. She's really awake. "America, I'm so sorry. I love you, " I start. "Maxon it's okay I should have been more understanding, " she says. "No, your reaction was pretty much on point with what you just found out. Now let me tell you the whole story..." I say. I tell her everything not leaving out a single detail. When I tell her my father caned me when I confronted him she cried. It's a lot for a ten-year-old. "You know even though he was awful to you, that helped make you who you are, " she says. It's true. She's right. She continues to cry. "Please don't cry. I don't do well with crying women, " I say knowing it would make her laugh. I was right. She wipes away the tears and holds my hand. She grimaces. I forgot she has brush burns from the rope. Dr. Ashlar comes in to ask some questions. "Now how did you get marks on your hands from the rope?" Ashlar interrogates. "So, as soon as I got into the forest some of the revels caught up with me. They tied me up and left figuring I would give up. I grappled at the tree with my feet while trying to not let the rope strangle me and all. A while later I gave up and hung there keeping the rope loose around my neck. I heard the guards but before I could call out to them I blacked out, " America answers. Ashlar nods. "Well you can go to your room and rest there if you like, " Ashlar offers. "Do I have to rest, " she moans. "Yes." America chooses to go rest in her room and we hang out with Eadlyn and Ahren. We all get on her bed and watch a movie. We pick out a comedy movie to lighten the mood. Eadlyn and Ahren lay between me and America. America holds my hand that is closest to her. Her poor hands are covered in bandages. After the movie, Mary and Lucy come to get the twins for bed. "I would undo this if I could. If I could take away your pain I would. If I could bear the pain for you I would. I wish I could. I'm sorry, " I apologize. "Maxon, I know you would. You've done it before. Remember that whole revealing the diary on love television? Some of those scars on your back are so they wouldn't be on mine, " She says gently. "My father still did cane you before he died. I couldn't take that pain away. I couldn't stop when you got shot like a thousand times. Or when you got stabbed. Or hung." I feel terrible. "Maxon, I know you would have if you could have, but I don't love you any less for things you couldn't do." "I know I just still feel terrible." "I love you." "I love you too my dear." She glares at me. "Don't even, " she says. She curls up to me. I wouldn't have this any other way. My America in my arms. I knew I could keep her safe. If only I could always have her here. I love her so so much.

Comment what you thought of this chapter and if you have any ideas. I promise I'll give you credit for your ideas. Please vote for my story and share it! Love y'all! New chapter coming very soon!!