Laila; A Hausa story✔

By zaynerb22

Al-amin and Laila grew up together. They were inseparable. What happens when Laila goes abroad for her studie... More

01| Meet us.
O2|Drive
03|Hey! Aysha
04| prank!!
05|suspicious
06|Migraine
07| Movie day
A/N
08| truce
09|like the past
10 |Relieving old memories
11| seeking the truth.
ch12| Birthday Bliss
A/N
CH13| Me? how?
CH14| Tell me
CH15|They are back!
CH16| Al-ameen and a baby.
Ch17| Favourite Two
CH18|DATE!
NOT AN UPDATE!/ contest announcements
CH19| Fast forward
CH20|YOU JELLY
CH21| JEALOUS COUSINS= TROUBLE
CH22|Disturb
CH22|PROBATION
CH24|GOOD RIDDANCE
CH25|TROUBLE
Ch26| SADDENING
CH27|The hypocrite
⚜29⚜| WALK IN THE PARK
30| JAIL TIME
31|WEDDING BLISS
⚜32⚜| WEDDING PLANNER'S WEDDING PLAN
⚜33⚜| THE BIG WEDDING.
⚜EPILOGUE⚜
NEW STORY
Problem;
bonus chapter 1
bonus chapter 2🌼
Cloistered Beauty
NEW BOOK!! 📕

28| BELLS

1.4K 190 59
By zaynerb22

6 months later;

This past few months have been a bliss. It's been amazing. My business has grown beyond how i would have ever imagined. I have made clothes for celebrities and alot of elite people in Nigeria.

I was invited to the Newyork fashion week to showcase my work. I can't be more excited. I have gotten so much support from my family and friends they have been my biggest support system. My parents always show appreciation for my work. And my friends, well i couldn't have been more lucky to have them. Abdulrahman and Aysha have been wonderful always helping with whatever i need.

Something big happened between them two months ago Abdulrahman proposed and their wedding was fixed on the 22nd of September two months from now. I am soo excited I've already started preparing for the wedding. I started designing a dress for her a magnolia wedding dress. It's going to be a suprise for her. I am even planning the whole wedding for them. Yes! Me planning a wedding. I can't wait. The mere thought of the wedding makes me giddy.

Al-ameen and i have grown so close to each other now that you can say we are basically inseparable. We literally tell each other everything. I've found a friend and a companion in him. The past few months made me realise how caring and compassionate he really is always looking out for me. You can say he brings out the best in me.
On my worst days or when i am feeling down he is always ready to console me and make me smile.

He would go to the ends of the earth to make me happy and that is why i love him soo much.

Both our parents can't wait for us to get married. My mom is fully prepared for when I'm getting married the only thing she hasn't bought now is clothes for my future children that's to show you how she can't wait.

I'm going to New York tommorow and al-ameen is going to drop me off at the airport. Everyone else is coming on the day the fashion week is beginning. But i have to be there earlier to prepare.

Speaking of Al-ameen he was supposed to send someone to pick up a dress for me since my delivery man is not available but i haven't heard from him all day. I had to deliver the dress myself .
I picked up my phone and called him.

"Babe how far. How are you"

"Don't babe me you were supposed to do something for me. Does that ring a bell"

"Yes babe but i had alot to do and i kinda forgot I'm sorry. Abdulrahman had something for me to help him with and we didn't finish early" he explains.

"But you should have called" i huffed

He chuckled "okay my bad I'm sorry no need to get all fraustrated hot head are you in the office?"

"I am not a hot head and no i am at home. I had to take the dress to my customer myself so after i gave it to her i just headed home"

"Babe it's 3 in the afternoon you need to take your work more seriously. You have to leave the office by 4 or maybe 5"

"Says the person that goes to work thrice in a week" i roll my eyes

" yeah well i leave work by 6PM when i go to the office so you see mine is justified"

" yeah yeah" i rolled my eyes

" I hope you are raedy because tommorow inshallah I'll come to pick you up for the Airport by 7pm"

"Okay but i need to do something now. When are you coming over to New York?" I asked

"Two days after you go"

"I'll be looking forward to that. Bye now i have alot to do"

" Bye babe talk to you later"

" Bye boo" i said smiling.

My flight tommorow is by 11pm. So i have to go to the airport early.

I went to my mum's room to check up on her and talk to her. She was downstairs with my dad so i went there i sat with them. We had a family time which we haven't had in long while due to our different work schedule.
By nightfall i went back to my room to finish packing for the 10days trip.

The next day, i called my staff and assigned tasks to everyone. Everyone had something to do while i was gone. Although i had my manager to help with things like that, i had to put things in order before i left.

By 6:30pm i was all packed and ready to go. All the outfits i needed for the fashion show will be taken there, i took my makeup artist and some of my models. I wouldn't be alone on this trip.

Al-ameen picked us up and dropped us at the airport promising to be in New York in two days time. We boarded the plane and after an 11hour flight we arrived.

4 days later;
Today is the fashion show and i am beyond stressed. I had to make sure all the dresses fit perfectly and are in  perfect shape and condition. The makeup artist is stressing me out too because she isn't as fast as i need her to be. I know makeup takes time but DAMN!!!! I am in a haste. And to top it off my parents arrived four hours ago and i haven't seen them i guess I'll see them after the show.

And the icing on top of the cake Al-ameen promised he'll e here two days ago but he didn't come and the last i heard from him was when he dropped me off at the airport. He has just gone MIA.

After everything was set the show began. The models looked beautiful and the clothes were beautiful an African touch to the fashion show.

I had alot of people come up to me for enquiries on our brand and designs. I sold alot. Let's just say it was successful.

After everything was finished,Aysha, Abdulrahman and i went to a restaurant because i was famished.

We went to a diner. We were directed to a table for three way outside. We were literally the only ones at that spot. But i was happy atleast we had privacy. We ordered our food and it was brought for us.

We ate in silence. We were having our desserts when i decided to ask "Babyboo your friend has gone MIA. Since i came to New York any idea what that is about"

He scratched the back of his head looking anywhere but me " uhmmm i have no idea" he said more like a question.

"He promised he was going to be here two days ago. He should have been here i needed him here today. He let me down today and that isn't very nice of him" i complained bitterly. I wasn't happy with the fact that he wasn't here for me when i needed him the most.

Aysha didn't say anything she just stood up and excused herself saying she was going to use the restroom. They were both acting suspicious.

"Maybe he had something else to do. Ir he was busy but I'm sure he has a reasonable explanation for his actions"

"I hope he does because if not i..............."  i didn't get to finish my sentence because suddenly the lights in the room went off. And when they came back on
Al-ameen was beside my seat on one knee holdinga ring. I gasped

"Babe i know I've let you down by not coming to your fashion show but i had a lot to do. And here i am now. Firstly congratulations on an amazing achievement. You amaze me everyday. I am so proud of you my love. And now Laila i know you might not be ready for this and alot of people tell me I'm taking a this huge step after only 7months of dating but dear I've known you all my life and i don't care if we've been dating for a day. I am ready to spend the rest of my life with you. You amaze me everyday and bring out the best in me. You are not just my girlfriend babydoll you are my bestfriend, a sister a sibling i never had. You compliment me and appreciate my flaws. I love you so much and want to make you my wife so my dear Laila will you Marry me. Fyi i asked your parents for your hand in marriage and they said yes but not before your dad threatened to kill me if i hurt his only daughter but that's by the way will you MARRY ME?" I giggled
Before frowning. I slapped him tightly on his face.

" that is for not showing up" i said with tear filled eyes.

" i deserve that. babydoll i need you to answer my knees are hurting" i laughed heartily at that. Ohh! Al-ameen always will be the funny one

"YES! I will marry you. But that doesn't mean I'm not mad at you"

"Ugh finally Yess" he jumped up and put the ring on my finger " i promise to make it up to you" he said all giddy like a little boy.

" I'm holding you on that promise" i said looking at the beautiful ring.

_____✍✍✍

😫😫 1584 words

I'm so exhausted.

But sha i love this chapter

Long chapter.

Aww wedding bells ringing everywhere.

Well hope you love it. Sorry for the wait i was busy yesterday.

Please vote,comment,share and like

Thanks for all the votes,reads and comments it inspires me. Thanks @muslimah_khadija for all the support

Xoxo love you guys💞💞

Stay safe🌸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 8.1K 12
Copyright© 2019 All rights reserved. COMPLETED!💯 They say, "Beautiful Women don't know the right people to trust, because they never know if someone...
1.1M 111K 51
A love story of a teenager Ruqayyah Ameen.. Ever since she was born,she took over her parent's heart cause of her outstanding character,she's beautif...
123K 13.4K 32
COMPLETED English/Hausa For someone who has never had it easy in life, Labiba believed her world has finally come to an end when she was practically...
83.3K 10.7K 50
Fauziya Ahmad, a 20 year old introvert, was very well sheltered growing up loses her best friend and grandparents in a car accident whom she was very...