Showtime (A Sanscest Story)

By carelesscreativity

Cross has had it. There is only one place left for him to go and he just HAS to find it. Escaping an abusive... More

The Path Forward
The Grey Light
The Unspoken Deal
The Careless Wonder
The Scarred Dawn
The Sore Spot
The Last Bone
The Silver Rain
The Wrong Crown
The Broken Glass
The Cruel Reality
The Full Moon
The Ones Out
The Simple Wires
The Next Victim
The Veiled Evil
The Gold Claw
The Unlucky Soul
The Man Down
The Rose Thorns
The Soft Terrain
The Memories Played
The Open Book
The Existing Limit
The Small Talk
The New Age
The Golden Secret
The Ghostly Reminder
The Spectral Spite
The Real Questions
The Main Attraction
The Painful Truth
The Creeping Dread
The Lion's Den
The Lost Lover
The Coming Storm
The Buzzing Night
The Vain Attempt
The Creature Unmasked
The Beloved Return
The Shattered Mind
The Open Mystery
The Malevolent Jester
The Hateful Poison
The Guts Spilled
The Freak Show
The Crippling Defeat
The Eager Confrontation
The Pale Dove
The Intrusive Insanity
The Little Brush
The Ring Remains
The Prowling Prince
The Slow Burn
The Dangerous Jest
The Fun Design
The Garden Grows
AUTHOR'S NOTE
The Metal Fray
The Terrible Dark
The Favorite Flavor
The Chaotic Core
The Wire Walker
The Second Half
The Baby Step
The Shaken Quiet
The Waking Slumber
The Blood Feud
The Dull Fade
The Twisted One
The Final Call
The Twilight Sun
The Granted Mercy
The Static Void
The Path Onward
AUTHOR'S NOTE

The Injured King

4K 271 341
By carelesscreativity

Reaper furrowed his brow. He turned to Lust and Blue. "Can you two please bring Cross back to the Medical Tent?" He asked. They nodded and each of them scooped an arm under the monochrome skeleton. They heaved him up and began to bring him back to Medical Tent, Blue practically carrying him. Everyone else was dispersing.

Nightmare's tentacles lashed quietly. Reaper had already noted that there were only two instead of his usual four. He stared at Nightmare. "You're injured, Ringmaster." He stated. Nightmare growled out that he was fine and Reaper shook his head. "You may be able to intimidate everyone else with that look, but not me."

He drifted closer and Nightmare took a step back, his tentacles sharpening for a moment before going limp once again. They slowly lowered to the ground and laid flat and unmoving. Nightmare ducked his head. "Why would you want to help me?" He asked bitterly. Reaper gave a soft scoff.

"I don't. I would leave you like this normally. But Cross, for whatever reason, needs you." Reaper replied. "I would like Cross to be happy. And you, for some fucking reason, are the thing that makes him happy." Reaper was bitter as well. This was a monster who'd killed monsters before their times and it pissed him off.

Nightmare stared at him and looked down. Reaper drifted over to him as the other kept his head ducked. He made no attempt to move away this time. He exhaled shakily. Reaper floated around him, examining him before he heard Nightmare mutter something. "What?" He asked.

The Ringmaster shakily lifted his head. "I do not wish to be healed in the open." He finally stated firmly. Reaper stared at him, taken back before nodding. It struck him. Nightmare didn't want to seem weak in front of everyone. For a moment, Reaper considered refusing his offer, just to fuck with him.

He sighed and nodded, deciding against it. "I know very well you can't heal that much on your own. If you continue without me healing you, you'll be permanently crippled." Nightmare's tentacles twitched along the ground and he tipped his head, hissing.

"So what are you saying?" He growled. Reaper felt a smirk tug at his teeth. He had him now. "You're suggesting that you won't heal me?"

"Only a suggestion. I need a promise from you. A real promise." Reaper tipped his head, his eyes glowing. "If I heal you, you are to never hurt Geno. I don't care what you do to me, but if you hurt Geno, I will not hesitate to slice you down." He spoke as his scythe returned itself to his outstretched hand. "Do we have a deal, Ringmaster?" He asked, floating in place.

Nightmare glared at him coldly and Reaper responded with a grin just as icy. "You know better than anyone that you are unable to fight me. Especially in your condition." Nightmare sighed and nodded. Reaper held out a hand. Nightmare held out one of his own and they both shook on it.

"No harm will come to Geno by my hand." Nightmare hissed. Reaper stared at him, not letting his hand go. "I promise." That seemed to satisfy the reaper and he released Nightmare's hand. He floated with his hands clasped in front of him, scythe tucked against his side.

"It's a deal then." He was happy with himself. Nightmare continued to glare at him before turning away. His tentacles dragged along the ground behind him, only the tips twitching. He was pissed.

"Treat me in my own tent." He said, not looking back at Reaper. Reaper was momentarily distracted as he heard footsteps and turned to meet Blue's eyes. He paused before realizing what it was the smaller skeleton probably wanted.

"I left him in his tent. I healed him so it should be okay to go see him." Blue nodded and took off in a full-sprint, heading towards the other side of the circus. He heard Nightmare suddenly bark out his name in annoyance. Reaper chuckled and nodded, floating after the other.

—————————

Dust blinked open his eyes painfully. He felt a hand on his shoulder, sending weak pulses through his body. He instinctively went to attack, but he was too tired to even move. Papyrus' whispering had even become background noise. He focused, only to find shining blue eyes staring down at him worriedly. He relaxed his body.

He was in his tent. The lights flickered along the ceiling and he was on a cot. He focused on the monster next to him, more than just relieved that he was here.

He mouthed Blue's name as the other stared down at him and Blue gave a weak smile. "Dust... thank goodness..." He looked like he'd been crying. Dust definitely didn't like that. He furrowed his brow and his fingers twitched as he tried to get control of his hand to reach out to Blue. He couldn't do it.

Blue seemed to notice and moved over Dust, sitting on his other side and scooping his hand up. He held it to his cheek and Dust managed to rub his cheekbone lightly with his thumb. He gave a soft scoff and watched in dismay, pausing as tears began to well in Blue's eyes. "I am so sorry. I was so stupid..." He hiccuped. "I must've worried you so much."

Dust began to shake his head, but Blue only seemed to become more distraught. "And he hurt you because of me." He rubbed his shoulder and Dust froze up as he noticed a scar over Blue's bone. It was irrefutable. He recognized that scar anywhere. He knew what had left it and he felt cold rage shake his body as Papyrus' fierce whispering grew louder and furious.

Blue stared at him before leaning his head into his hand again. "Dust... stay with me, please." He begged softly. Dust blinked and managed to focus back on Blue. "I really think I should tell you something. I should've told you a while ago, but I was scared." He seemed terribly nervous.

Dust rubbed his thumb over Blue's cheekbone again to let him know that it was okay. Blue blinked and let out a shaky exhale as he turned his head slightly away to avoid Dust's gaze. "I like you, Dust... Like... LIKE like you..." He seemed awkward as he tried to explain it. Dust stared at him.

His SOUL was pounding and he twitched, furrowing his brow. He'd never thought one of them would confess. He'd always thought they would be in this intimately close hellscape of a friend zone. He had never planned on confessing and he hadn't expected Blue to either.

"I-Is that okay?? Do you hate me? Please don't hate me... w-we can pretend I never said anything at all..." Blue was panicking now. Dust knew that voice. He quickly shook his head and rubbed his thumb over the cheekbone once again to get Blue's attention. Blue stared at him with panicked, confused, and teary eyes. "D-Dust?"

He squeaked as Dust pulled his head down and he put his hands on Dust's chest as the taller pushed his teeth against Blue's. Dust felt his cheeks tint purple. He couldn't back out now. He finally pulled back and laid back down. Blue seemed shocked, raising a hand to his teeth. He'd let go of Dust's other hand, causing it to fall. His fingers twitched.

Blue was blushing true to his name and Dust watched him with warm eyes. Letter began to appear in the air, writing themselves quietly.

I
L I K E
Y O U
T O O

Blue's eyes widened and he opened his mouth, his brow furrowed, but stopped as the letters changed into a different sentence.

L I K E
L I K E
Y O U

Blue used both hands to cover his mouth this time. He let out a quiet scoff and looked down at Dust, tears running down his face and a barely controlled smile. He was happy. Dust loved seeing that face on him.

——————————

Nightmare scowled as he felt a spike of positivity. He flinched and inhaled quietly. Reaper was putting the back of his skull back together. He had to wipe away the goo. He had collected the pieces from the floor. Nightmare held an arm across his midsection. Reaper was felt pausing.

"You're weakening, aren't you?" His question held no mockery or attitude. Just a simple curiosity. Nightmare didn't answer, faltering. He couldn't. He couldn't allow this. Reaper continued to put the pieces back. "You are afraid, Ringmaster." At that, Nightmare's tentacles sharpened and raised, each a few centimeters from Reaper's throat.

He heard Reaper exhale shakily. "I am simply asking. There's no need for that." The reaper said quietly. Nightmare shakily lowered his tentacles. All four were now back. They twitched and writhed on the bed. Nightmare had his hands clasped tightly in front of him. He was losing his grip on the circus. He was losing control.

He couldn't allow it. His teeth tugged into a scowl and his tentacles bristled quietly. He could faintly hear the jeering and feel the bruises from where he'd been beaten before. He couldn't ever allow himself to go back into that weak form. His eye narrowed.

He had to get back control.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 76 5
The war was coming to an end and Dream was trying to rekindle his relationship with Nightmare, while trying to do so he convinced everyone to live to...
26K 640 92
Just some short stories. Most of them are based off actually real stories I've heard before, others, are just from my mind. I'd say their pretty goo...
15.8K 550 28
HAHA FNAF! Ahem Greetings my fellow shippers. Many weeks ago I proposed the idea of a FNAF Undertale multiship. So I made one myself. I just recent...
402K 20.8K 90
Nightmare, go to school, they said. Nightmare, it will be FUN, they said. What a load of crap. Nightmare isn't buying any of it. His brother's loved...