AURORA

By peacybeau

I was always the odd one out, from my appearance to the bad luck always surrounding me and I never did compla... More

Author's Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
Not Happy
56
57
58
59

24

17.1K 541 116
By peacybeau

Hey guys, above is a picture of Liam.

Yeah he's hot, and he was a badass in Teen Wolf.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Aurora"

I turned to the sound of my name and froze for a moment, recovering quickly I smiled back.

"I've missed you guys" Luke stated the moment he got close to us.

School was over, so the guys and I are at the parking lot talking before I head for practice.

"Hy Luke"

"Xup dude"

"Long time"

"Did you meet any hot guys in Tennessee?", this was asked by Dave and we all laughed.

Looking closer at him I frowned "Luke you look tired, tough week huh?".

"Yeah, was busy all through" he answered.

"What were you doing exactly?" Neil asked.

"Some stuffs I needed to do and..." but he was cut short when his stomach suddenly growled.

Kate laughed and handed him her sandwich she didn't eat.

"Thanks Kate, was in a rush to see you guys before I head for training"

We stood and catched up, well it mainly Dave recounting all incident that happened while Luke was away. Including my so called moment with Liam.

This seem to catch his attention immediately, "well I don't think Liam's a bad guy but am just wary of him, he's different".

I studied him, "and how's that?"

Like shrugged, "he's different from the rest of us"

I raised my brows at him, wanting to ask more but I didn't, from the emotions I could pick, he was scared of Liam, which was certainly weird. I mean they're both assassins.

"Well I have to head out, I'll see you guys after my practice" I said to the guys.

"I'll keep your dinner" Mary said. I smiled at her gratefully "thanks Mary".

Getting into my car I drove to the pack house, and headed to the training ground.

I wasn't even close to our spot when I got a text from an unknown number.

Training's cancelled for today

And why's that

Busy

Ok then but how did you get my number

I'll see you tomorrow by 5.

I rolled my eyes, well at least I get to have more work done in my house.

Luckily the route I take to my tresshouse is among the places without a camera.

When I got there I got to work immediately.

~~~~~~~~~~

I stared at my treehouse with pride, I was done. Well not completely, I was yet to do the roofing but I was done.

I wanted the branches and leafs overhead to serve as my roof so the roofing part would be done with a spell.

Sitting on my hunches I concentrated and tried to balance my powers, when it was done I started the spells.

I closed my eyes and imagined the branches being entwined with each other and the leafs spreading larger than their normal size. The lower branches would form the first layer while the top branches would branches would form the main roof covering the first layer. The wide spread leafs covered the branches and hiding it from view.

When it was completed I broke the bond I laid in the grass. I was quiet tired but not as tired as I was when I first casted the spells.

When I had finally caught my breath I stood and looked at my treehouse. My completed treehouse. The thing I needed was a chair and the weapons I had brought from Tennessee. But that would be done tomorrow.

Climbing the tree I went inside to inspect the house for anything I might have missed. Seeing none I headed back to the pack house.

It's time to pay the hospital a visit.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure you'll be fine on your own?" Neil asked standing by the door.

"Yeah, I just need to sleep it off"

"Ok then call us if you need anything" Kate said.

After fussing over me for a while the guys left.

I had gone back to the pack house and feigned a headache which I attributed to my training. The guys quickly took me to my room made me dinner got me some painkillers then fussed over me before they finally left.

The moment they left I quickly dressed, putting on a black leggings a black tank top and a black hoodie. I placed my hair in a low ponytail and wrapped it then wore a black wig, thick black gloves and socks and finally I wore blue contact lens.

Being the only one with a bright orange coloured hair and green eyes, I needed the wig and lens for disguise. I wore the socks to muffle my footsteps cause I won't need a shoe and the gloves to avoid leaving a print behind.

When I was done I picked my phone and went through the blueprint of the hospital. The entrance to the underground lab was through the storage room. Quiet smart of them. They one guard by the cell door and two doctors doing rounds on the patients.

Noting where the cameras and guard are, I checked the schedule for the shifts of the guards, nurses and doctors.

After that I placed a small knife and some bobby pins in my pocket. Sneaking out my window was quiet easy, coupled with that fact that there was no camera facing my wing.

But I didn't head straight to the hospital, I had one stop to make first which was getting a nurse's attire.

~~~~~~~~~~

I got to the hospital at 10pm, in time for the first guard switch.

Walking in I headed straight to the nurses lounge and pretended to sign in.

Fortunately there were lots of nurses present so no one paid much attention to me.

I quickly picked a file and left the room. Heading straight to the storage room.

The storage room has two chambers, so I headed to the inner chamber looking round. It looked pretty normal so I decided to check through.

After searching for a while I decide to check the closet. It held scrubs, coats and uniforms, I was about to close it when I mistakenly hit a hanger. And to my surprise the closet slide to the side revealing a huge metal door.

I smiled, at least they're smart enough to hide the secret passage. The door needed a code to open so I brought out my phone. Hacking and getting the password wasn't hard, guess Luke really needed to upgrade the system. When it opened I smirked.

Jackpot baby, Cora whooped.

I went through the live feeds on my phone, there was no guard around and the doctors were in the office.

Are they having sex or what, Cora asked

I grimaced, yeah they are but they should keep that up we don't need any interruption and so do they.

Taking off the uniform and shoes I was putting on, I shoved my phone into my hoodie put on my gloves and creeped down the stairs, the door shutting behind me.

I made my way to the main lab, which thankfully was dark so I used my wolf sight to navigate through. I read the files of the patients there. The files were arranged in order, some were ticked good, some marked X, some labeled new intakes and others rejected.

The ones marked X were the ones who died during the enhancement. And damn were they many. While the ones labeled rejected were people not fit enough and didn't pass the test.

Going through all the files present I memorized any information dimmed important.

I looked at the charts on the desk but stopped when I saw that the patients were given a shot of some drug. I remembered it being the last drug given to some of the people who died. It was obvious that whatever that drug is, it's really deadly.

Looking round I saw some darts and quickly going through the drug cabinet, took some neutralizers. This will do for now.

I went through the maze of corridors to where the patients were kept walking by the wall to avoid being caught by camera, my outfit blending with the dark corridors. Getting to the cages I walked stealthy there was no guard by the door and I wondered where he went to.

I quickly loaded the tranquilizer darts and speeding through I shot it at the patients. Being real fast was an advantage here because there were over 26 patients who were growling and howling in pain.

When I was done I quickly speed back to the lab, arranging everything to look as it was before. I was about to head back to the stairs when I heard the door being opened.

Shit it's the Alphas and Maxwell Cor said recognizing the scent.

I quickly crouched down at the bottom of the stairs and held my breath.

They walked down but Maxwell stopped, sniffing the air and probably listening for a heartbeat.

"What's wrong?" Alpha Stevens asked.

"Something smells weird" he answered then moved towards the lab. The doctors ran out half dressed and bowed in greeting.

"Do I smell sex on you or what?" Alpha Miguel asked.

Both had the grace to look down in shame, "sorry Alphas".

They ignored them and walked towards the prison with Maxwell trailing behind at a slow pace and looking round.

When they were out of hearing range, I breathed out slowly and took the stairs. Before opening the door I listened for a heartbeat outside the door, hearing none I opened it and moved out.

When I stepped out, I quickly put on the uniform I had come with and left the storage room carrying a box, fortunately no one took note of me.

I quickly dropped the box at a conner and left the hospital just in time for the second guard switch.

When I got to a safe distance I sprinted back to my wing and climbed back up. Flopping om my bed I checked the time 1:23am, well that was fast.

I turned on my laptop and went to the live feeds, the Alphas were still at the lab so I plugged in my earphones. All they talked about was the recruitment of new intakes and the burial of the dead one.

Cold hearted beasts Cora snarled.

I know, at least we're doing something to help the patients.

Going through all camera feeds, I checked for any sign of my presence there, seeing none I decided to leave rather than deleting it.

But on second thought I wanted to have a little fun, so I hacked into their main system.

Let's see how they'll react to a virus in their system.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 61.9K 42
"I need to talk to you Elly" "Why?!" "I know that you're my mate" I laughed sarcastically. "What?! Are you trying to make fun of me again like you di...
1.2M 33.7K 35
Everything changed when they came out of hiding, terror spread across the world as people began to question if our presidents and our global leaders...
6.7K 272 37
Warning: Violence, swearing, abuse, and other sensitive topics - Read at your own discretion --------------- Fate can be cruel. Especially when an...
2.2M 54.3K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...