Aurora [H.S AU]

By writhali

[COMPLETED] "And as for owning you, princess" He pauses, hissing between his teeth. "When I decide you're min... More

Warnings
Characters and Mood Boards
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
AUTHOR'S NOTE
DUSK - TEASER

Chapter 33

16.6K 487 1.3K
By writhali

2019, October, 11th - friday | 9pm

Aster's P.O.V.:

I thought it would be hard to keep away from Harry this week.

Thought I would have to tell him off a few times before he understood I don't want anything with him ever again, but surprisingly, he has been keeping his distance.

Didn't imagine he would take the message so clearly in just one time, but I'm glad he did. One less thing to worry about.

Supposedly.

Effectively, I haven't been able to think of anything else.

Every time someone knocks on my door, my heart rate increases, but of course it's never him - after all, since when did Harry knock? But it didn't stop me from being on the edge of my seat all day. Every time I'm in the elevator, my heart is thrashing against my rib cages, stomach twisting and turning with restlessness.

I keep waiting and waiting for the moment he is going to bust through the doors, bend my over my desk and fuck me senseless.

I know he would never do that without my consent, but there's a part of me that is disappointed he didn't even try to convince me otherwise. I know I acted like a bitch when he came to my office and Tim was here and maybe - maybe - I'm starting to regret it. Maybe if I talked to him honestly, had a conversation and explained why we should keep what happened as one time type of thing, he would understand and we could be able to maintain a civil friendship.

OK, I know I'm being unrealistic. Who am I kidding? There's no way he would play along with that. More likely he would immediately start to tease me again, getting real close and using that dirty mouth of his to convince me otherwise. And that's one of the reasons why part of me is relieved I haven't seen him ever since - I know I'm not strong enough to resist him.

The moment I stepped inside his apartment to the moment I left the next morning, it was like entering a dreamland. It wasn't just the electricity and excitement of doing something so out of my character, but a certain exhilaration to be there with him. He might be different nowadays, but Harry was my first kiss. My first real crush. I've always had some type of unresolved feelings for him buried deep inside of me.

Don't know why, but my body reacts differently when he is the one touching my skin. His kiss alone is capable of sending me to heaven and back - and with his mind and body combined, he sent me there five times in a row. I've never orgasmed so many times in just one night, specially considering they were all pretty intense ones. I was so sore the next day, even sitting was some kind of challenge - not only for being fucked raw by him, but also for all the smacks that made my bottom's skin tender and sensitive.

It was just so fucking good.

I'm not a stranger to sex and yeah, I've been part of a sex club for years now, but nothing even begin to compare to the way I felt with Harry inside of me. I was in cloud 9, never having fitted so perfectly with anyone else. It's like I was made for him and him, for me.

Sometimes I catch myself thinking maybe having only night with him would never be enough, and if I had any idea of how it would feel, I would never have gone to his place. Maybe it would be better if I simply never learned how good it was, then I wouldn't know what I'm missing every day by not being with him.

But I have to be strong. I need to. My father is right - nothing good could come out of this. Harry is irresponsible, reckless, not mature enough to be in front of S&L, and that's a job I'll be the one responsible for. So I got to be ready when the time comes, I got to keep my focus in what really matters, can't waste my time fooling around with someone like Harry.

Doesn't matter how good it was.

I've tried to cope with this sudden need for him in the same way I cope with anything related to sexual frustration and ended up going to Pandemonium Wednesday night.

But once I was there, I realized it was a mistake. Couldn't go through with it - it was a party night, couples and single woman only, which is normally my go-to choice when I'm there. There was also other exploration activities to be part of, but nothing appealed to me. I watched naked bodies grinding to each other, watched ridiculously attractive people touching each other, but nothing turned me on. It did nothing to me and once I realized I was subconsciously searching for someone that might look like Harry, I decided to go home.

Once he said he knew exactly what to do to ruin me to others. I didn't pay attention at the time, simply because it didn't sound like it was possible.

Boy, I was wrong.

Going to Pandemonium did nothing for me, so I ran to my second resort to clean my mind from anything else - I've drowned myself in work. Luckily spending a week out already naturally piled up a few things, so I actually had a lot to do this week. But unlike usually, when I do things as fast as possible, I've been taking my time to do things, spending as much time as possible in each and every one of my tasks. That's how I ended up working late every day of this week, including today.

It's past 9pm when I finally finish the last task of the day. Closing up my laptop, I stretch my arms and legs, squealing as my sore muscles tense up then relaxes. My mind, however, keeps tensed up as I realize I have two whole days to face without work to distract myself from the constant thoughts and flashbacks of Friday night at Hell and Sunday night at Harry's. There's no way I'll be able to focus on reading a book or watching a movie, I know myself well enough to know my attention will be slipping away to the very last thing I should be thinking about.

Maybe I'll clean the apartment, even though it's spotless, thanks to the cleaning lady that goes there every other day. Tim's flashes in my mind and I think about maybe calling him tomorrow and check if he is up to something - I mean, he could be a good distraction, right? He is a good kisser, if he is good on the other things as well, maybe he will even be capable of brushing Harry off of my memories.

I scoff to myself as I step out of my office and lock the door. I know damn well how unrealistic I'm being - whatever connection I have with Harry, it went beyond physical last weekend. Tim might be good, but deep down I know he will never be enough to clean the mark Harry left on me.

But maybe I can give him a try. Honestly, the thought of having sex with someone else makes my skin crawl a bit, but I gotta get used to it, cause there's no way I'm jeopardizing my future in S&L because of him, no matter how good he was.

My career will always come first, as will my need to make my father proud. I'm his only daughter, it's my job to please him, to give him the satisfaction of seeing his bloodline successfully running the business he dedicated all his life to.

"Come on, Abel, boss is waiting." Rickie's voice startles me as the elevator chimes in the third floor and they both enter, Rickie's eyes widening when he sees me. "Ms. Aster!" He smiles, but his shoulders are tensed up.

Abel just nods at me, barely making eye contact before looking back to the screen of his phone. Always so nice!

"Hi, Rickie. Call me Aster." I smile widely, not even having to force it - I really like Rickie. "Everything OK with your eye?" I frown, noticing the yellowish and green marks surrounding his left eye socket.

"Oh, nothing serious" He brushes it off, smiling cheekily. "How are you? Working late, I see."

"Yeah, had some things to caught up to." I shrug. "But I'm ready for the weekend now."

"Exciting plans?"

I open my mouth to answer, but Abel cuts me by scoffing and rolling his eyes. "You're not trying to ask her out, are you Richard?" He teases Rickie, whose face goes full red.

"W-What? No!" Rickie babbles, throwing a dirty look to Abel. "Was just making conversa-- Fuck off, Belly Boy."

"Belly Boy?" I squeal, unable to hold a loud snort, and Abel's expression goes sour. "Loved the nickname."

Rickie laughs along with me, glancing me from the corner of his eyes, and only now I realize they're blue. He is has so much going on on his face, all the tattoos, beard and thick eyebrows, I've never noticed it before.

The elevator chimes in the underground floor, doors opening to the parking lot. There's only a couple of cars down here, my Lamborghini, two sedans and Harry's R8. Rickie smiles, wishing me a happy weekend and Abel ignores me as they both go to one of the black sedans.

As I walk to my car, I wonder where are they going. Rickie said Harry was waiting for them so I thought he would be at the parking lot, but his car is empty, meaning he is probably waiting for them somewhere else. The promise I made to myself the night Harry left me back at Washington pops to my mind - this might be the perfect opportunity to try and find out what the hell is Harry up to with these two, specially considering Rickie was the one who called that night.

I owe it to myself to figure it out. After all, Harry is going to be my partner one day, I need to know what am I getting into.

I make the decision just as the black sedan drifts off the parking lot. Turning the engine in, I maneuver my car, glad I decided on the SUV today - even though it's huge, certainly it will lay a lot lower than my other car.

Whoever is driving the sedan - I think it's Rickie - is in a hurry, going fast and dodging the other cars on the street. I follow them effortlessly, being an excellent driver myself - yeah, I know it sound cocky but driving is one of the few things I'm actually proud of doing flawlessly, so excuse me to be arrogant about it.

Where the fuck are they going?

We've just turned to a highway leading downtown, the opposite way to Harry's apartment - or mine, for that matter. Now that we're on a highway, they are speeding up even more and even though I wouldn't have any problem on keeping up with, I'm trying not to be too close to them so they won't notice the massive black SUV following their tail.

Just when I'm starting to get a little bored with my silent chase, they turn to a shady street I've never been to before. I'm on high alert as I take in the ambience, trying not to stay too close to them, afraid they'll notice my car if I stick too close to their car.

Eventually they turn to what seems to be an abandoned parking lot, where there's no other car parked. I go further, choosing to find a spot in the street and turn the engine down, turning the inside lights off so no one can see I'm still on the car. The streets are dark as well, but clear enough so I can see where they're heading to. I watch quietly as both of them leave the parking lot by foot, walking side by side in silent - which is kinda funny, considering Abel it's at least 8 inches smaller than Rickie -, going to a weird looking nightclub across the street.

There's a sign at the door, purple neon lights forming the word Karma, going on and off slowly. I watch, from inside my car, as they talk to the tall guy at the entrance, showing something on their phone before entering the place. 

I step out of my car, locking the door and shoving it inside of my purse, hand going up to my hair and loosing my hair, raven strands cascading over my shoulder and back.

"Hi" I smile to the tall guy at the entrance, who just gives me a once over with a stern look on his face.

"Name on the list only." He answers me shortly, his eyes stopping for a second longer on my bag.

My Chanel bag.

"How much to get in?" Never letting the smile fading from my lips, I open my bag, fishing my wallet and pulling a fifty out of it. "Hope this will do?"

"Try doubling it."

I raise my eyebrows, throwing a doubtful look to the fucked up entrance. "Really?"

"You can always leave." He mumbles cockily.

"Fine."

I pay up my entrance, fully aware that I'm paying way more than the usual price to get in such a place like this, but right now I don't feel like I'm in position to bargain. I just really need to get in. The guy grabs the money from my hands, stepping aside to clear my entrance and I take a deep breath before coming in.

The music is loud, a hard bass that I feel vibrating through in my chest. Seems like to attend this place you kinda have to have tattoos on your face, wear more leather than what would be the socially acceptable and have your hair dyed on weird colors that shine awkwardly under the black lights.

What the fuck is Harry doing on a place like this?

Usually I'm not one to stand in crowds - I'm always wearing black and trying to draw as little attention as possible to myself, but I feel like I'm standing out like a damn lighthouse just by looking the way I do.

Fuck, this place is so crowded. How am I supposed to find someone here?

Swear to God, if I'm here just to find out Harry is here to like, buy a new pearl necklace or something like that, I'm fucking losing it.

I mean, it doesn't seem like the case - this place is way too shady to something as trivial, but you never know.

Looking around, I try to make up some familiar faces, but frankly maybe I'm just wasting my time here - everything is just so fucking dark here.

My heart jumps when my eyes finally falls over a familiar face, but wait a minute... It's not the face I was looking for.

What the fuck is Tim doing here?!

This night, I swear to God...

He is dressed so differently of what I'm used to - tight jeans and a leather jacket, hair combed back. He is talking to a tall, black guy that is seriously one of the handsomest men I've ever seen in my life. No, honestly, I'm serious - he is almost as good looking as Harry himself. They seem to be in a deep conversation, which is by nature weird considering how loud the music is here.

I don't think they can see me, unless they look straight to where I'm standing, but I won't take any chances, so just in case I step behind a column. Even though I'm rather curious about what he is doing in a place like this, I don't have time for Tim tonight, and I'm sure as hell he would make a big deal out of it if he sees me.

Just as I hide from him, there's a movement beside me and a big hand grabbing my waist.

"What's a doll like you doin' in a place like this?" A raspy, grumbling voice whispers to my ear, instantly making my skin crawl.

I grab his hand, pulling it from my waist and take a step aside, mumbling an excuse me under my breath and praying to God this will be enough.

Which of course is not.

"Come on, princess, what's wrong?" The guy looks up and down at me, eyes stopping over my cleavage and he licks his lips. Ew.

Rolling my eyes, I turn my back on him, deciding to simply ignore the guy, but instead of getting the message and going on his way, he seems to take it as a challenge, because in the next second his hands are back on my waist.

This time I actually slap his hands out of my body, turning to throw him a dirty look. "Get your hands off of me, Jesus. Fuck off!"

Thankfully, this time he seems to get it, spitting a loud bitch to my face before going away quickly. That's why I hate nightclubs and stuff, people - specially man - are just so disrespectful. It's insane that I'm more respected at a sex club than in places like this, it's like people simply don't get the idea of consent anymore.

Brushing off the antsy feeling on the pit of my stomach, I look around one more time, glancing at where Tim still is talking to that Greek God of a guy, just to be sure I won't be seen, then keep scanning the entire place twice, and just as I'm starting to second guess the decision of coming here, my eyes falls over the three people I was looking for.

What the fuck are they doing?!

I mean, okay, Harry is just walking - weirdly enough, even though this place is packed, he has no problem on finding a clear way, which apparently is only possible because people are literally stepping aside to let him go through, as if he is some kind of a big deal around here. Right behind him, there's three people: Abel, Rickie and a guy between them, his arms laced together, a clear look of panic on his face as he is straight up being dragged around by the people I've followed here.

It's quite a scene, to be honest, but they're not even trying to be discreet about it. It's more like the opposite, actually - they're carrying the guy as some kind of prize or whatever. Harry, who is leading the way, has a nonchalant expression on his face, standing out on the sea of leather jackets by wearing a watermelon red suit with bright red dress shirt and black tie. He looks ridiculously different from the rest of people here - even I fit better than him with my black clothes - but somehow it doesn't seem to be a problem. If much, it's almost like he wants to stand out on this crowd. I don't know how he earned the respect of this shady looking people here by dressing like a giant strawberry, but there's not a single doubt in my mind most part of this crowd would rather knock their little fingers to a sharp corner before getting on Harry's way.

Thankful for getting the heck out of this place, I follow the trio, keeping distance so they can't see me but being close enough not to get them off my sight. The cold night air hits me as I step out of the trashy nightclub and I let go a breath I didn't even notice I was holding.

Harry, Rickie and Abel are walking fast as they cross the street, the guy I don't know being firmly held by the last two. They walk back to the empty parking lot and I run as fast as I can over high heels towards my car, entering and immediately turning the lights down so everything is dark and discreet. From where I'm parked I can barely see what is happening in the parking lot, but I can hear a loud cracking noise that makes my skin crawl, followed by a thud and the metallic sound of the trunk being smacked.

Less than 5 minutes later, I hear an engine being turned on and the same black sedan Rickie and Abel got here drifts off the parking, immediately speeding up. I turn my own engine on, keeping the headlights off and once again, start following the black sedan, not finding it too difficult, even though whoever is driving right now is way more reckless than the previous driver.

This time the drive is way faster, considering the destination is also downtown, just a few blocks away from the nightclub actually. It doesn't take longer till the black sedan is stopping again, now right in front what seems to be some kind of shed. It looks new and somewhat fancy, a big sign indicating it is a logging company storage.

What the fuck are they doing here?

Once again I park my car as far as possible, keeping my eyes glued to the activities, my heart thrashing against my throat, so loud I can hear it ringing in my ears. I watch in the distance as they step out of the car, only the three familiar faces - by the way, the reckless driver was Harry, guess it's not a surprise. Where is the guy they took from the nightclub? Did they left him at the parking lo--

Never mind.

The guy is in the trunk, apparently unconscious as Rickie pulls his body out of it. Abel closes the trunk and follows Harry and Abel, who are going to hidden door on the side of the building. They unlock it and enter, fast and quietly, leaving me all alone with my loud thoughts and ragged breath.

I wait for 5 minutes, making sure none of them is going to leave the building and bust me, before I step out of my car and run to the building, fingers crossed inside of my pockets. I go to the door they've just used to enter, but of course it's locked, so I try my lucky at the front door - I know, not very smart, but hey, I'm improvising here. Gotta start from some point, right?

It's locked, obviously.

What do I do now? There's no way in and I have to enter - it's clearer than ever that whatever activities Harry does, they surely aren't legal and by the looks of it, are potentially dangerous. I mean, who pulls a random person out of a nightclub, in front of everyone and just goes away with it? People didn't even look twice to them. Actually, I think they looked away, pretending not to see what was happening right under their nose.

I circle the entire building again, but there are no other doors. I didn't come all this way to give up now, there's no way I'm leaving empty handed - not even if I have to come back to my car and just wait for them to get out. And pray not to be robbed or kidnapped considering I'm not in the greatest part of the city and my car alone costs more than 300.000 dollars. Maybe it wasn't such a smart idea to follow them all by myself, after all.

But now I'm here, and I'm going to make it fucking worth it. That's why I'm searching for windows instead of doors now, and why my heart nearly stops beating when I finally find a small, square window at the back of the building that is unlocked.

Bingo.

***

Squeezing your body through a small, dusty window is as unpleasant as it sounds like. Specially after your leg gets stuck and your pants are ripped so deep it cuts through your skin as well and you can't even scream from the pain.

But hey, at least, I'm in.

Everything is so dark, I wish I could use my phone's flashlight, if it wasn't a sure way of ratting me out. I walk around blindly, caring not to bump into anything, but to tell the truth, it's almost like there's nothing around to bump into. Which is odd, considering this is supposedly a storage. It should be filled with boxes, packages and things like that, right?

Not the time to think about it, though.

The silence is overwhelming and I feel like I'm going to be busted any moment, but I keep going. After all, what is the worst that can happen in case caught? I mean, this is Harry, Rickie and Abel we're talking about, of course they would never do anything bad to me.

Right?

I take a step and immediately regret it, the sound of my heels hitting the floor magnified in the silence. Holding my breath, I keep completely still, waiting for the moment someone will walk on me, but after a few minutes, nothing has happened. There's only one way for me to walk and not to make a sound, and even though I'm dying a little inside just by the thought of it, I bend over my feet, tucking my index finger on the back of my shoes and kicking them away.

Just hope I'll be able to retrieve them afterwards, those are my favorite Louboutins.

I know that shouldn't be my priority right now, but I just can't help it. Sometimes I'm too spoiled to my own good.

Suddenly, there are voices. Low and raspy, echoing through the walls due to the emptiness of this place. Even though it's dark, I can sense the voices are coming from my left, so that's where I go to, following the sound, unable to decipher what are Harry talking - I know it's him. Hate to admit, but I would recognize his voice anywhere. It has always been one of the things about him that attracts me the most.

Along with the curly hair, sharp jawline, pouty lips and those devilish green eyes. Not to mention the tall and lean body, perfectly muscular, tanned skin that somehow looks even better with all the tattoos, even though I've never liked them before...

The motherfucker is just so gorgeous! What a tool.

Entering a long corridor, I keep following the voices and distant thuds, thankful I took my shoes off - even though the floor feels disgustingly dusty under my feet, my steps are completely muffled by my thighs. The corridor leads to a considerably big room, where there's a dim, soft light coming from - not enough to light up the entire room, but just the perfect amount to keep the center of the room enlightened.

I halt my movements altogether when I notice there are people inside - Harry, Rickie, Abel and a guy tied up to a chair, sitting in the middle of the room. Thankfully the door is not completely open, so I can manage to stay behind it, completely hidden from their eyes but able to catch a glimpse through the door gap.

Abel is standing at the opposite side of the room, back leaned against the walls, looking so nonchalant he could be watching some Netflix right now, not an out cold guy tied up to a chair. Harry is standing right in front of said guy, lit cigarette pending between his lips, sour expression on his face. He looks upwards, nodding silently, and only now I realize Rickie is right behind the chair.

He nods back to Harry, pulling a white fabric from his pocket and holding it under the knocked out guy's nose, who suddenly wakes up with a loud wheezing sound.

"What the--" The guy starts talking, but his voice falters as he looks up and his eyes meet Harry's. "Fuck." He finishes his sentence, but somehow it doesn't sound like a continuation to what he was saying before. It sounds like a surprised curse.

"Hello!" Harry's whole demeanor changes suddenly, his voice now cheeky and joyful. "Brian, right? I'm Harry." There's a clear mockery on his voice, which immediately takes me way back to the day he was in my office, 9 years after last time we saw each other, and it hits me. This is some kind of defense mechanism of his - the sarcasm, the arrogant bubbly personality, it's all a mask for when he is nervous.

The guy doesn't say a word, head still looking up to what I suppose is Harry's eyes - I can't actually see his face from where I'm standing.

"Oh, come on, don't play hard to get, love." Harry's smiles brightens the room, but there's something maniac behind his eyes that only makes it look haunting. "Asked you a question."

"Y-yeah, I'm B-Brian." The guy babbles, his voice shaky and filled with horror. Suddenly he starts thrashing on the chair, as if the fact he is tied up just hitted him."Who are you?! What am I doing here? You got the wrong guy, let me go!"

"Already told you my name, silly." Harry scoffs, the cheeky smile still playing on his lips. "Have to pay a bit more attention for this to work out."

"What work out? You got the wrong guy!"

"Come on now" Harry sounds calm, but there's an edge on his voice that I'm not sure everyone has noticed, he is really good at hiding it. But I've picked it up immediately. "Let's cut to the chase, shall we? Not really in the mood for games tonight."

There's a moment of silence, expectation filling the air. The guy doesn't make a noise, the only sound in the room being Rickie's steps as he calmly walks towards Abel, joining him on the nonchalant position by the wall. The air is thick with tension, my own heart beating so loud for a moment I'm afraid they will hear it thrashing against my rib cages.

My mind is flooding with just so many questions, but now it's not the time to address them. I need to keep quiet and alert, need to see to where this is all going to before I get to any conclusion - although it seems like I'll never figure out what the fuck is all that, at least not alone anyway.

Suddenly, there's movement. Harry inhales deeply, taking a puff from his cigarette and slowly letting the dense smoke out and straight to Brian's face. A sadistic little smile curls his lips up when Brian scoffs.

"Who's your boss?" Harry asks bluntly, taking a another puff.

"Dude, listen, I'm just a stooge, you've got the wrong guy, I can't help you!" Brian's voice get higher and more urgent, fear clearly dripping from his words.

My heart aches for him. He is obviously desperate, can't Harry see? It's clear this guy did nothing wron--

A loud, latent scream brushes off any line of thoughts in my head and I yelp, quickly covering my mouth with both my hands, eyes widening as I see Harry's cigarette buried in Brian's left cheek, soft smoke circling out of it, Harry's fingers holding it firmly as Brian's entire body thrashes against the ropes keeping him tied up.

"Said I'm not in the mood for games tonight, Brian." Harry is still sounding calmly, his tone the same a disappointed father would use at his son's D on math or something. "You were in my territory, dear, and everybody knows Karma is mine. I want to know who is the motherfucker who sent you there."

"I didn't know! Didn't know, OK?!" Brian shouts desperately. "I'm just following orders, I'm sorry, I--I can pay you, give you my product."

"Don't want your lousy shit." Harry spits to the ground, taking a step forwards, his large hand connecting to the nape of Brian's hair, fingers lacing on the short hair as he snaps his head up, face hovering close. "Following who's orders?" Harry's voice darkens suddenly, he is clearly losing his patience.

"Don't know, never seem the guy, I swear! I'm just a stooge!"

"How do you access the product?"

"It's all remote! They text me an address, it's different every time!" Brian shrieks, clearly trying to shake his head, but unable to because of Harry's tight grip. "I just go and take the stuff, there's no contact with anyone else! I swear!" Tears spurs from his eyes, voice sounding desperate.

He is so terrified, my heart hurts for him and I need to actually pinch myself to stop me from stepping in and calling Harry out. Brian obviously doesn't have the information - the name? - Harry is looking for, so why keep pushing him like that? Even more important, what kind of product are they talking about?

I mean, I'm not an idiot, I know exactly what this looks like. But it's just so unrealistic I don't want to believe in the mere possibility.

Harry keeps quiet this time, eyes searching for something on Brian's face, paying attention to every little detail as if trying to memorize how he looks. The tension is so thick the air feels heavy, my own chest faltering, lungs fighting a deep breath that I don't feel able to take. Brian is sobbing quietly, body shaking, looking so damn vulnerable - he doesn't even look old enough to be in that nightclub, for starters. Can't Harry see he has gotten the wrong guy?

"Now that's a load of bullshit." Harry finally breaks the silence, letting go of Brian's hair and taking a step back. "Last chance, Brian boy. The name. Now."

The silence that follows is only broken by Brian's quiet sobs, head shaking desperately, whimpering sounds vibrating from his chest. For a moment it's like time has frozen, not even a breeze of air passing by. Harry starts turning his back to Brian and I sigh with relief, happy that apparently he realized he has gotten the wrong--

It happens really fast. One moment, Harry is turning and in the next, his closed fist is connecting with Brian's nose, a loud crack sound echoing in the walls, the force of the punch causing the chair he is sitting to fall back, but Harry is quicker. He grabs the collar of Brian's t-shirt, pulling him so the chair stays up and he can punch Brian's face again, a muffled whimpering sound leaving the guy's throat.

"Brian, Brian, Brian..." Harry sighs, leaning over the guy and getting so close their noses are almost touching, his gaze hard as knives, burning holes to the back of Brian's head. "Quite a show you put here, I'm impressed. Unfortunately for you, I've done my homework."

Letting go of Brian's t-shirt,, Harry reaches for something on his back pocket, his movements so quick all I can see is the reflection of something metallic flashing under the dim light, followed by the sound of fabric being torn and suddenly, Brian's chest is exposed, a big tattoo right over his heart. I can't see what is tattooed though, due to the angle and how far I'm standing. Harry moves his hand and for what I can make up, he has the pocket knife pressed right on Brian's chest - I'm guessing on his tattoo.

"I happen to know this symbol." Harry's voice echoes in the room, now completely washed from the cheeky inflection from before. He sounds menacing, angry, absolutely threatening. "Happen to know what it means."

"Don't know what you're talking abo--"

Once again, Harry's fist connects to Brian's face, now hitting his jaw. Everything happens fast now, I can barely follow his movements as Harry punches the guy over and over again - face, chest, stomach, throat, making him gasp desperately for air, still tied up to that fucking chair.

I feel sick, my own stomach twisting and turning so much I'm certain I would be vomiting all over the place if I had eaten something today. I've stopped looking, but the sounds of Harry's fist connecting to flesh and bones is terrifying, I've never heard something like it before and I'm sure I'm going to revisit it in my dreams, it just sounds dreadful. I cover my mouth with both my hands, trying to even my breath as hot tears spurs from my eyes, my skin crawling, legs faltering, cold beads of sweat forming on my forehead.

I shouldn't have come here tonight. Shouldn't have follow them tonight, shouldn't be here right now. I feel violated, filthy, almost as if I am the one throwing punches just a few meters away from where I'm standing. I want to go, want to turn on my feet and run back to my car and just fucking leave this place. Want to pretend this night hasn't happened, because frankly, I have no idea of what it means, but one thing I know for sure - this is way worse than any other thing I've ever imagined.

The room goes quiet again and I force myself to look back through the door gap. Brian has his head turned down, blood dripping from his face and torso, chest going up and down fast as he tries to recover his breath. Harry, still standing right in front of him, is pressing a white cloth on his right hand, the fabric quickly turning red from his own blood.

Now I know why his knuckles are always busted.

Abel and Rickie finally moves, his steps echoing as they walk back to the center of the room, which one standing by one of Brian's side, eyes glued to Harry.

"Want us to finish him up?" Abel asks nonchalantly and Brian's breath peaks up.

Finish him up? It doesn't mean what I think it does, right? I mean, it can't.

This is too much.

"No, Brian Boy here has a message to deliver." Harry crouch on the floor, looking up Brian's hanging head, his hand flying to the guy's hair and pulling the roots so his face is snapped up, just enough so Harry can pin his eyes on his, so much intensity a shiver runs down my spine over here. "He is going to tell his lovely little boss that Harry Styles says hello. And that this is my last last warning. Get it, dear?"

Brian takes a deep, faltering breath. His teeth are gritted, at least as gritted as it could be considering he probably has a broken jaw, and he nods slowly. I might not know Brian and never in my life have I been in such position, but something tells me he is only nodding because he is well aware his life is at stake.

Smart guy. I would do the same.

"Great." Harry smiles sarcastically, the cheerful, maniac inflection back to his voice as he stands up again. "Abel, take Brian out of here. Rickie, need your help with something."

My breath halters on my chest as I realize Abel will probably pass exactly where I'm standing right now - I need to get out of here. But, at the same time, I really want to hear whatever Harry is going to need Rickie's help with. I'm honestly quite shocked Rickie just witnessed such a brutal, violent scene without saying a word. I mean, he is always so sweet, I've always thought he was a nice guy, despite the face tattoos and the fact he works for Harry.

A loud thud draws my attention again and I look back, just in time to see Brian's head lulling like one of those dog ornaments old people put in their cars, with the shaking heads. Harry snaps his head to Abel, who just punched Brian so fucking harshly the guy has apparently fainted.

"What? Someone had to do it, can't afford the possibility of the fucker starts screaming when we're out of here." Abel shrugs, sounding calm and nonchalant, completely relaxed about having put a guy out right this moment.

"Fair enough." Harry nods, his eyes now scanning all over the room and stopping for a second longer on the door, just where I'm standing, making my blood turn to ice in my veins, even though I know he can't possibly see me hiding behind it in such a dark environment.

As quietly and slowly as I can manage, I turn on my feet, getting ready to walk back the same way I've came though, heart thumping hard against my chest. I need to get away from here right now, before Abel unties Brian and walks past me.

"Now, Rickie." Harry's voice echoes in the room again and I halt my steps, tuning my ears to make sure I'm going to hear his next words. But when I do, my blood runs cold. "Can you get me our little lurker, please? Busy night, it seems."

He is not talking about me, is he?!

My heart almost literally stops beating, all the air being kicked out of my lungs as dread washes me over, so intense for a moment it completely paralyzes me, the possibility of being busted all to real for me to even move. My mind is rushing, millions of excuses and possible way outs popping to my head, but it is all too sped up to make any sense.

I hear a deep breath, way closer than I expected, and just as I manage to start moving again, I barely take two steps as two strong arms wraps around my waist and arms, pulling me up, so strongly my feet leave the floor.

"Let me go!" I hiss, completely desperate, my legs uselessly kicking blindly in the air.

"Oh, Ms Aster." I hear Rickie's voice right behind me, whispering sadly. "What are you doing here? Shit, cupcake, this is bad."

Did he just called me cupcake?

Not what you should be focusing right now, Aster.

"Rickie, please let me go!" I whisper-yell, trying to escape from his embrace, but his arms are strong. "Please! Tell him you didn't find anyone, please just let me--"

"Can't do that." Rickie whispers, turning in the corridor, my feet still stupidly floating in the air. "M'So sorry, cupcake, just can't let you go right now. Shit, Harry will be pissed."

"Rickie, please--" I cut myself mid-sentence as Abel joins us in the corridor, carrying a out cold Brian over his shoulder as if the guy was like a dead animal or something.

"Jesus." Abel hisses under his breath as soon as his eyes falls over me, and he shakes his head with dismay. "Gotta say, Aster, it must be hard being this dumb."

"Don't talk like that." Rickie scolds him and Abel rolls his eyes.

"I mean, seriously..." Abel looks over his shoulder to the door behind him. "When boss said there were a lurker here, I though who could be this stupid to follow us here, but now everything makes sense."

"Abel." Rickie warns him and he just shrugs - as much as he can manage, considering there's an adult man lying over his left shoulder anyway - before stepping away, not saying another word.

As soon as he walks away, I part my lips again, ready to try and bargain a bit more with Rickie, but the voice gets lost in my throat when Harry's calls Rickie from inside the room.

"Come on, Rickie, bring me what you've found."

"Fuck." Rickie mutters, his arms tightening around my body as he whispers under his breath. "Good luck, dear."

"Please don't let him hurt me." The words falls from my mouth before I could stop them, surprising even myself.

I've never thought Harry could actually hurt me, not physically anyways, but after what I've just saw, honestly I don't know what he is capable of. Even though deep down I feel like he wouldn't lay a finger on me without my consent, I'm still too fucking scared of what I've just witnessed. The way he was so reckless and merciless, how menacing he looked and sounded, how fucking terrifying he'd make me without even trying... For the first time in my life, I feel like I actually don't know him. At all.

"Harry would never hurt you." Rickie sounds surprised. "He will probably scream and shout, but never touch you. I mean, he wouldn't hurt any woman, for that matter, but especially not you."

I wish I could be so sure.

Slowly, as if trying to delay and postpone it as long as possible, Rickie all but carries me towards the corridor. I didn't manage get too far, so even though he is walking slowly, we reach for the room Abel just walked from in just a few steps. 

I feel Rickie taking a deep breath behind me, as if bracing himself for whatever reaction Harry will have when we enter the room.

***

A/N:

Did I hear double update?

I had this chapter done for 3 days! But only wanted to upload it when I had a big chunk of the next one done, so I won't leave you guys hanging.

Stay tuned, next chapter will be on in a couple of hours!

Love ya'll. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 1.9K 11
"....You're just like him..." "You even look like... Him.." "I feel like... I'm seeing his ghost...." "...Is it more than just a vessel..?" "I feel l...
97.4K 1.7K 51
18+ mature themes "Everybody has a past, but will it come back to haunt you?"
238K 13K 5
There's something about Jasper that pulls me in even as I want to escape. Maybe it's his piercing too-blue eyes that hide a lot of secrets. Or maybe...
9.5K 229 14
Harmony, a pop & rap troll, who specialises in low harmonisation, she loved to sing but lost her confidence due to being pestered because of her unna...