Hidden Night (Hiccup x Fem!Re...

By DragonessFire

(Takes place after the second movie) Berk has just gone through the largest storm they've ever seen. There's... More

[1] One Stormy Night
[2] The Woman
[3] Awake
[4] Answers?
[5] Dragons
[6] Mysterious Visitor
[7] Stalked
[8] Flying
[9] A Clue to the Past
[10] Fur and Claws
[11] The Rider
[12] Dragon Training
[13] Nightmare
[14] A Blast From The Past
[15] Group Meeting
[16] The Message
[17] The First Day
[18] The Second Day
[19] Still The Second Day
[20] Day Three Part 1
[21] Day Three Part 2
[22] Day Three Part 3
[23] Forgotten Life
[24] We're Back
[25] Trouble at Dragon Daycare
[26] Jealousy
[27] Nighttime Talk
[28] Varor... Why did you have to open your mouth?
[29] Learning How to Not Crash
[30] Who Will Win?
[31] A Bump in the Night
[32] A Sticky Situation
[33] Root of the Problem
[34] A Day in the Life of a Chief
[35] Breaking Point
[36] No Pain, No Gain
[38] Twin Trouble

[37] Confidant

48 2 2
By DragonessFire

*Second Person's POV*

Gods, everything hurts right now. You rub your aching legs. You feel so sore. If you thought it sucked yesterday, you were dead wrong, so very wrong. You can barely move without feeling a dull ache in your muscles. You feel so stiff.

A furry head rubbed against your feet, Skyler let out a rumbling gurgle, sharing your pain. You smile softly.

"You worked out with Snotlout, didn't you?" Came Fishlegs's voice from his kitchen.

"Yeah," you admitted. "Is that guy even human?"

A large rock wrapped in fabric is brought into your view. You look up at Fishlegs in confusion. He places the rock in your hand, it's warm to the touch.

"Put this on your lap, it should help your sore legs. The heat will relax your muscles," Fishlegs explains. "I'm afraid it won't help your arms because, well... I don't think you want to hold it there with sore arms." He awkwardly smiled.

You return the smile regardless, "Thanks." You place it on your lap. The warmth soothes your aching muscles. You relax into the chair you're sitting in, closing your eyes contently. Finally, some solstice.

"Uh... (Y/N)?" Fishleg's hesitantly says. You peek open an eye, humming to show you heard. "How's Varor doing?"

There goes your relaxation. You sigh, closing your eyes again. "He's helping out Astrid scout Berk for the Agirifa. He told me he'll be around later once he deems it's secure."

"You... don't seem happy about it," Fishlegs pointed out.

You sit up, opening your eyes and gazing down at the cloth covered rock. You play absentmindedly with the cloth's edge. "Is it that obvious?"

Meatlug gurgles and growls from her corner. Gesturing her big scaly head at you.

Fishlegs nods, "I agree with Meatlug, (Y/N), you've been out of it lately. You and Varor have been avoiding each other. What happened?"

You bite your lip. The rock is the most interesting thing in the world to you right now. I mean, look at it's interesting porous texture. Yes, very interesting.

"(Y/N)," Fishlegs called your name sternly.

You lower your head. "I... may have told him... he was a stranger to me? As in, I don't exactly... remember him," You shrink in on yourself.

"Oh," Fishlegs grimaced.

"Yeah," you mumble. "I don't think he's taking it well." Skyler gurgled sadly, empathizing with you.

Fishlegs nervously rubbed his hands together, "Well, he probably needs time then."

"But that's the problem!" You throw your hands up. "He's had more then a whole day, and he slept outside to avoid me. I'm... I'm getting worried," you slumped your shoulders. "This won't fix itself if he keeps avoiding me. It will only get worse. I... I just want to apologize."

"Then apologize," Fishlegs said.

"I can't, I already told you he's avoiding me," you look dejectedly at the wood floor.

"Just ask him for a talk," Fishlegs said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Taking a seat at the table you're at. "I'm not sure you noticed, but he listens to you. He's like a big playful dragon and you're the dragon tamer."

You rub an arm, looking away. "I don't know..."

"Could you... tell me what lead up to it?" Fishlegs says. You look over to see him offering a nervous smile. You think about it. Fishlegs is a trustworthy viking, and he is smart about all kinds of things, never mind it's only book smarts. You would rather have this conversation with Valka or Hiccup, but you suppose Fishlegs is safe to confide in compared to Snotlout and the twins.

You run your nails across the wood table. "I... remembered my Mom."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Fishlegs hesitantly asked.

"Yes," you reply. "And no. I only got a glimpse, but Varor got so excited. He thought it meant my memory was coming back, but it isn't. I tried to trigger it again, but it didn't work." You rest your head on your hand. "I got... frustrated, to the point I broke down. That's when I told him he was a stranger. Hiccup had to comfort me to calm down, Varor left and he's been distant ever since. I think me not remembering is finally hitting him."

"I think... I may know what's going on here," Fishlegs said.

"You do?" You lifted your head.

Fishlegs nodded, "You could be right about him being upset about your amnesia, but I think that's not all."

"It's not?" You tilted your head. What else could it possibly be then?

Fishlegs smiled, "I think he could be jealous."

You frown, "What do you mean? What's he jealous of?"

"Well," Fishlegs drummed his fingers together. "He might have a... slight crush on you."

Your face exploded with heat. "W-What gave you that idea?!"

Fishlegs smug smirk only grew wider, "Every time Hiccup is around you, he's watching with this look on his eye that Astrid gets when other girls fawn over Hiccup."

"That doesn't mean he has a crush on me!" You exclaimed before pausing. "Does it?"

Fishlegs nods with that grin, "I wonder if you two were super close before your amnesia?"

"N-Not that way!" You stutter. "At least I don't think so!"

"You know," Fishlegs leans forward on the table. "You spend quite a bit of time with Hiccup."

You take off the heated rock, suddenly feeling too hot to let it sit on your lap. You place it on the table. "What are you implying?" You ask, almost hesitant for the answer.

"I'm not one for gossip, but there's been... rumors," Fishlegs mentions.

"Rumors?" You echo.

Fishlegs let's his gaze roam around the room, a smile on his face. "Just how close you and Hiccup seem to be, like... really close."

"He's a good friend," you defend yourself.

Fishlegs looked side to side, as if there were prying eyes. "Do you... by any chance, have a crush on Hiccup?"

Your cheeks heated up, and you're sure they're turning red. "W-What?! Pssht... No! I d-don't even know w-w-what it feels like to be i-in love!" You laugh nervously. When did the room get so hot? Did Fishlegs leave the furnace on or something?

Fishlegs leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms with that stupidly knowing smile of his. It reminded you of Skyler's smile. You take a peek at your dragon, and sure enough, she's got the same stupid grin.

"What's w-with all the smiles?" You yourself smile nervously.

"You like Hiccup!" Fishlegs came to the conclusion, pointing at you like he solved some grand puzzle.

"No! I... I already told you I don't!" You denied.

"You're blushing," he pointed out.

"A-And?" You sputtered.

"People get all flustered when others talk about their crush," Fishlegs grinned.

You pull on your (H/C) hair, trying to hide in it. "I'm... I'm not," You trail off. Your entire face must be red as a tomato right now. Especially now that you're thinking about that strange feeling you felt that night towards Hiccup. That can't be love... Can it...? No... it can't! It must have been the aftermath of your meltdown. Your emotions were all over the place that night. It has to be the leftovers, right? Yeah... that's it. It has to be the reason why your heart has been fluttering when you see him. Wait... what?

The wooden front door creaked open. You snap your head up. There, in the doorway, stands Varor. His hair thrown about in every which way, typical case of dragon rider hair. His blue eyes connect with your (E/C) ones. He hesitates stepping in any further. Only staring, and you stared back.

A brown scaly head shoved into his back, making him grunt in surprise. Low grumbles and growls emanated from the Sand Wraith, telling him to move. Varor stumbles inside Fishlegs's humble abode, while Remus stomps inside, looking tired. As soon as his full body is inside, he slaps the door with his tail, slamming it closed.

Meatlug offers gurgles of greeting, Remus gives a half-hearted huff in return. Padding over to Skyler by the table and plopping down beside her. Skyler gurgled at him, head tilted. He lets out a loud tired breath through his nose, laying his head down.

Varor awkwardly looks up at you. Eyes dancing across your face, unsure what to do or say. You can only stare back at him. Also at a loss for words.

"I... Uh," Varor fumbles, looking around the room. "Are you... okay?"

You blink, "What do you mean?"

"Your face is red," Varor gestures with a hand.

Your face heats up more in embarrassment. You hide it in your hands. Of course the blush would still be there.

"Is she... getting a fever?" You heard Varor ask, most likely, Fishlegs.

"Oh, uh... no. No, she's not. But... there is something she would like to discuss with you." You parted your fingers enough to see Fishlegs fix his gaze on you. Very obviously gesturing with his eyes to Varor.

"What... is it?" Varor hesitantly asks.

You drop your hands. You suppose you can't run from it. Like you said, avoiding it will only make things worse. You take a deep breath, preparing yourself.

"I'm sorry," you lift your eyes to Varor. His eyes soften, and he looks to the ground guiltily. He digs his shoe into the floorboards.

"No... I'm the one that should apologize." He admits. "You're dealing with a lot all at once."

You frown, standing up. "That doesn't make it right!" He looks surprised at your outburst. "I've been so centered on myself, on my problems, that I don't see my effect on those around me. I've been so focused on trying to figure out my own memories, and scrambling about for answers, that I don't see how you are suffering too!" Your voice rose and cracked. You threw a hand to your chest. "I've been so selfish! I didn't even consider how you would feel. Seeing someone you've grown up with as kids, alive after a tragic incident, only to find she doesn't even know your name." You fight back the tears trying to escape your eyes. "I didn't even think that I could be a complete stranger to you!"

Varor stares back at you. Face devoid of emotion, save for the shine in his eyes. You look Varor dead in the eyes, "So... I'm sorry."

Silence. That's all there is except for the heavy breaths of the three dragon's in the room. Fishlegs chair creaks as he leans back, kinda just... trying to stay out of the conversation. The air is so still, and Varor is just standing there. Just, standing.

He cracks a smile, then a dry humorless laugh escapes his mouth. He crosses his arms behind his head. "I guess there's still a bit of the old you in there. The one that apologizes for being a jerk sometimes," he joked. "Which you were by the way."

You couldn't help but chuckle, "And there's the laid back jokester I know."

He smirks walking over to you, "The one and only."

"Are we... good?" You ask, holding your necklace.

He shrugs, "I dunno. Do you feel the need to break out the tears again?"

You jokingly hit him. He laughs wholeheartedly, throwing up his hands in surrender. You grin, glad to be friends again. Then again, you didn't not become friends to begin with. Still, it's nice to not have to dread seeing him anymore and having more awkward interactions. You're just happy to overcome this little hiccup.

        Your grin falters a smidge. Speaking of Hiccup, you got some emotions to work out. You shove the thought away, fully smiling again. You'll deal with that later. For now, you'll enjoy not worrying for a little bit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 153 14
(Under editing) When Berk gets stuck in the middle of a war between two proud tribes, tensions run high. They decide to let The Silver Willow tribe s...
96.7K 1.9K 50
YN Haddock is the younger sister Hiccup by 2 years. Unlike her brother YN is aggressive. She and her brother share Compassion, adventure, and a love...
299K 7.4K 34
Hiccup, a boy living in the village Berk. Being a weakling yet the son of the chief. Y/n, a girl flying on her Night Fury. Loving to be free. Flying...
108K 2.5K 18
After defeating the Red Death, Hiccup and (Y/n) became Berk's best dragon rider and trainer couple. Now, as Hiccup faces a new challenge and (Y/n) is...