Princess Thief [✔]

By xxsoteria

A princess in name, in body, and in blood but when her mask is on, she becomes the thief who's the enemy of a... More

Writers's Note
Gallery
Prologue
01. At Present Time
02. Magic of Disguise
03. Fedor Manor
04. Little Damsel
05. An Invitation Sent to Ace
06. Willow
08. Twilight Party
09. Reichen
10. The Second Day
11. The Brazen Knight
12. Haunted Past
13. A Visit from Carrion
14. The Royal Family of Ezriel
15. A Price To Pay
16. The Oubliette
17. White Bandits
18. The Encounter at Mt. Grisly
19. Never Ending Confusion
20. The Amica
21. Verdari, The Magic of Barrier
22. The Siblings
23. The Selection
24. Enchantment
25. The Princess and The Knights
26. Welcome to Deliora
27. Reid
28. The King and His Brides
29. Silverious
30. The Crusaders
31. Carline
32. Hypocrisy
33. A Liar
34. The Mark of Deliora
35. Renounce
36. The Goddess, The Fallen God, and The True God
37. Lost Treasures
38. Reichen's Earring
39. His Identity
40. Resonance
41. Sun Month
42. The Goddess Temple
43. Linosas Kingdom of the Far East
44. Arvory Manor
45. Willow's Party
46. A Reaper
47. The Real Monster
48. The Last Treasure
49. Xenon
50. The Magic of Ace
51. The Dead Prince
52. Selfishness
53. Choices
54. The Fallen God's Curse
55. The Goddess' Blessings
Epilogue
Ending Note
Side Story: Cannaria
Side Story: Night
Side Story: Erodessa

07. The Gem and the Stone

1K 188 75
By xxsoteria

I was literally dragged all the way to her room. I didn't know what was amusing. The way I was dragged since I was the one holding her hand as she pulls me or the fact that my dress was against propriety.

Willow was undoubtedly correct when she told me I looked like a mess when I caught a glimpse of my reflection. Even the simple braid I did earlier was in tangles along with the torn gown.

Her chamber's door burst open. It was a common guest bed-chamber with polished wood and deep-colored draperies and furniture. There were several maidservants inside that became immobile the moment we walked inside. They lined up and bowed except for the middle-aged woman walking briskly towards us.

"Princess! Where have you been this all time? We were so worried!"

That familiar face of Sandra expressed concern. 

"And who is this?" she queried with furrowed brows.

"Can't you recognize her? She's Carline," informed Willow.

"Oh my goodness! Your highness, who attacked you?"

Laughter was stifled in my mouth at her reaction. Sandra was the same as always. She was her nanny of Willow and had been accompanying her every time.

"We should start preparing for the party," said Willow.

"Then, I'll just be in my room," I persisted.

"No! This is our first party together so I need you to be there!" she disagreed and held my hand but instantly recoiled away.

"Fine, I'll just prepare in my room," I suggested and smiled.

I did not want to owe her much. It was enough that I had her companionship and she remained true to me.

"You can't trick me. I saw your dress earlier and it was not your style. I'm sure your sisters are sabotaging you again."

"That was why I was telling you, it's better to stay in my room," I tried convincing her.

At any rate, it was better to steal if I came as a thief. Willow plainly ignored me and faced her servants.

"I have an extra gown, right? I'm sure there was something that would suit Carline," said Willow and began making orders.

With that, I had no choice but to concede. It was really hard to dissuade her when she was set to something. Just like me. I supposed that was why we got along so well. We sat down as the maidservants did their duties while Sandra started reprimanding Willow.

"The bath is ready, your highness," notified the maidservant.

"I'll go ahead. Relax for a while, Carline," said Willow and disappeared through the doors.

I quietly enjoyed my refreshments and then remembered the bag I kept. I should hide it.

"I'll need to go back to my room for a while," I excused myself.

"But, your highness," opposed Sandra.

"I'll return. I'll just take some things. I could not just shamelessly use Willow's undergarments, right?"

"Then, change into this dress first," said Sandra and picked a beautiful green one.

"No need," I tried to refuse.

"I insist, your highness. No respectable lady, much alone a princess would show this amount of skin," continued Sandra and glanced at my exposed knees.

"Then, please lend me the simplest one," I said in surrender.

***

After asking the servants about my assigned room, I arrived with no haste. No one was even in my room. We brought plenty of maidservants but no one dared to come for me. They might have been monopolized by Erodessa and Lian again.

I opened my chest and I hid the bag under my chemise. No one would dare rummage a woman's undergarments anyway.

I went back as promised and proceeded to Willow's chamber. I was somewhat floored to see Sandra with Yves.

"Your highness, the princess had mentioned there was no need to," informed Sandra.

"But I am her fiancé," said Yves in his usual cold tone.

Sandra was about to reply when she noticed me. "Your highness, Carline, please quickly go inside."

He was just looking at me and I recognized the slight change on his face. That meant he was confused.

Old habits really died hard. He may have an eternal poker face and appeared aloof but he was the kindest of my siblings. He was supposed to be my lifeline in the palace. He was my supporter but he changed into this stranger.

I went inside and ignored my brother. It was better that way.

***

Willow was doing her hair by the time I entered.

"Thankfully, you went back. I was afraid you'll escape." Her smile was reflected in the mirror.

"Of course not. I don't want Princess Willow to be angry," I said in a submissive tone that caused her to snicker.

"Then, if you don't want this princess to be angry, go and get ready or else she would scrub you herself," she rode along.

Chuckling at her reply, I concluded Yves really did not deserve to have her. She was a gem but he was a stone.

The maidservants lead me to the bathroom. They wanted to help me undress but they could not deny my orders. They had no choice but to naturally watch me as I bathe.

I made sure they were in front of me and they had their head down. I could not afford them to see my scars on the back or they would tell Willow. I didn't want her to get involved. It's better she had that fake image of my Father, especially now that she had the same eyes like mine.

After I dried and covered myself, I called them and they opened the door. Willow was done with her hair and make-up and she excitedly ran to me.

"Look what I found!"

The maidservant presented the dress. It was perfect.

The gown was beige white with an intricate golden lace design. The neckline accentuated the shoulders and was adorned with ruffles. The sleeves were long with half of it made of gold sheer cloth with laces giving it a sense of elegance. It was a ball gown with the same ruffle trimming at the end. It was truly a very stunning dress, the kind my sisters would die for.

"Are you speechless? I was too when I first saw it. It's a gorgeous little thing, isn't it? But it's yours, I know it will suit you perfectly," said Willow.

"What about you?"

"Of course, I planned mine ahead of time. Now get ready and let me see you with this."

"Thank you, Willow. I don't know how to repay you."

I clearly could not exchange my dresses with her since mine were not on par with hers. I also didn't have enough money considering that being a thief wasn't the best occupation. After all, what I stole was all given to the poor. 

"Who said it's free? You know the deal right?" She was smiling and wiggling her brows in a funny way.

"What do you even like with that frozen face of his?"

I was talking about my brother Yves, who Willow apparently liked. I just didn't understand why she liked him. They were betrothed but I never thought she liked him until she admitted it to me last year. I had a good perception but I was actually very dense not to notice her feelings.

"Everything!" She answered cheerfully. "Besides, I sacrificed my love life for you today so you owe me, okay?"

There were two maidservants in front of me. One brushed my hair and styled my hair into a braid and tied it into a beautiful updo. The other servant was the one doing my make-up and I had to admit they really did a good job. Even I could not recognize myself.

I was never fond of my physical appearance but it was amazing how they did it. I looked different, way different. I had to admit I did look like a ragged doll compared to now.

I got into the dress and they placed my tiara. It was the silver one embedded with pearls. Yesterday, Gustav sent me one since it was needed for formal events like this. The gown was so beautiful and my tiara looked like it was a match.

"Oh my god, Carline! You look breathtaking!" Willow exclaimed when she saw my final look.

I could not even reply as I couldn't stop staring at my reflection.

She playfully nudged me. I faced her and she was beaming with enthusiasm. "And now we're ready to party!"

***

Note: Hello cutiefries and most especially RavelKing I know it's late but thanks so much for giving Princess Thief a chance. I'm very honored to have this as your first story to try in the Fantasy genre <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 94 21
All Autumn has ever wanted was to be able to live a peaceful life, but there always seems to be something that gets in her way. Her life has been alw...
10.6K 1.3K 52
Landing herself in trouble with a man who seems to always be there for her, Winter learns she is a cursed witch with a ruined magical core. Secrets a...
358K 11.4K 80
When vengeance strikes in the form of a bullet out for the princess's blood, Princess Aleia VonAuclair must flee the heart of her country in order to...
34.7K 4K 48
Secrets can be Powerful. ...But they can also be Deadly. Unable to weld magic dooms Julia to a life of servitude and drudgery. Desperate to break fre...