Purity | ✓

Od anqka-

"Ivy-Reese, you are it for me. I don't care what stupid comment anyone has to say about us- you are it and al... Více

Purity
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Sequel

Chapter 22

10.7K 231 44
Od anqka-

P U R I T Y

"How do I look, Ives?" Kade asks as he looks at himself from the mirror, turning around to show me his fit. I smiled and nodded, taking in his fitting black dress shirt and black pants then casual shoes to go along with it. He looked good and I'm sure my parents would love it nonetheless.

"Really good. My parents are gonna love you, don't worry." I try to relax him, placing my palms on his chest. He gives me a nervous smile and allows me to look into how he was really feeling about tonight rather than the mask he was attempting to put on.

"Are you about ready to go, then?" Kade asks as I move past him and go into the bathroom.

"Just about." I tell him, picking up my lipgloss and puckering my lips to apply it. He comes to stand behind me, hands on my waist and chin resting on my shoulder. I smiled at him through the mirror then slid the gloss into my purse, holding his hand as he walked out the bathroom door.

We leave my room and make our way to the kitchen where Caroline is making some sort of dessert she discovered on Pinterest. Once she sees us she smiles, wiping her hands down on the tea towel then walking over to the door where we were stood. "Heading out now?"

"Yep." I smile, nodding and giving her a hug. We hug for a few seconds then pull away, and I watch as Care just smiles at Kade and waits for us to leave. He opens the door for us both and I wave goodbye to her, blowing a kiss then closing the door behind me once we were out.

After Wednesday night, I mostly forgot about what Alana had told us. Mostly. None of us even mentioned his name after that and I was very much grateful for that factor, otherwise I definitely would've gone crazy and stalked her social medias for more possible information. When the boys got home we were all still awake and I could tell by the slight tension in the room that the girls were waiting on if I was gonna bring it up- I didn't.

Instead, I let Kade hug me and we kissed as they joined us on the couch since we were starting a new movie. Caroline was on the floor and I certainly didn't miss the look she gave when she turned around and stared at him. He was oblivious to it but I noticed and gave her a smile, shaking my head slightly to let her know I was fine. After that, the movie went smoothly and everyone had a good night. It was fun overall despite earlier on.

I got the vibe that Caroline was iffy about Kade but tried her best not to show it. I knew she'd be out of this 'faze' in a few days since, well, she was never one to be very stubborn and there wasn't even evidence on him talking to her during the time we were talking.

We walked our usual route to his car in silence, not finding any point for a conversation until we were off and out of the campus car park. "Is there anything I should avoid talking about?" He asks nervously. I shake my head and smile, my hand resting atop of his on my thigh.

"I'd say my family is pretty relaxed and outgoing. You can talk about anything."

"Okay, okay." Kade notes. "Fuck- should I have picked up wine or some shit? Can we stop by a store and pick some up?"

I muffle a laugh and shake my head. "We're still underage, Kade. Relax. I promise you, I would've let you know if we had to bring anything. They've got it covered."

"Alright." He nods. "Speaking of ages- when's your birthday? I don't think we've ever brought it up."

"You're right," I acknowledge with a laugh, feeling stupid that I was dating someone who I didn't even know the birthday to. "It's June twenty-second. You?"

"May thirtieth. A bit before you." Kade smiles, looking at me from the corner of his eyes. I didn't have to ask how old he was turning since I knew we were the same ages.

I turn to him curiously. "Do you think you'll have a party?"

"Nah. I never really do, just go out with the boys or something. Or any random party."

"What about this year?"

"I have you," He nods, "I just want a night in with you and a movie. Honest. Anyways May is still in a couple months, who knows what will happen by then. Maybe I'll want one."

"Yeah, true."

"You?" Kade questions. "You think you'll have a party?"

"Actually," I fiddle with the hem of my dress, "I'm hoping I'll be in Paris by then. I think the overseas exchange program starts by then, so I'll be gone for the semester after that." I explained slowly, waiting to see his reaction. He stiffens just the slightest bit but sends me a smile nonetheless and focuses on the road.

Watching him bite his lip, he slowly states, "Almost forgot about Paris for a second." As soon as he says that I'm given another small smile as if in reassurance. Not sure on what else to say or do, and feeling the air in the car grow awkward, I hold his hand tighter and run a finger up and down his tattooed sleeve.

Twenty minutes later we're in the basement carpark of my parents' apartment building and slowly making our way to the lift. I press in the private code for their penthouse and we get in the lift, Kade anxiously tapping his foot repeatedly.

"Wait," He pauses, looking at me with worried eyes, "Are they gonna care about my sleeves? Should I cover them?" Kade motions to the tattoos peaking out of his dress shirt and slightly on his neck. It didn't go far up, but it was noticeable from a certain angle.

I place my palm on his chest and smile up at him gently, "No, not at all. My dad has a few tattoos of his own and same with my uncle. They'll want to know more about it if anything."

He visibly gulps, nodding, "Do I smell okay? Is my hair messy?" Beginning to run his inked fingers through his locks in an anxious manner, I slowly pull it down and hold his hand in mine.

"Do you wanna go back down to the car?" I ask softly, eyes moving to the top of the elevator doors where it stated we were still a few floors away.

"No. No, of course not. Sorry, baby, I just wanna make a good impression. I want them to trust me. I really care about you."

I'm unable to hide my smile and palm his cheek, running my thumb on his cheekbone. "You will. Just be yourself, that's really all I can say. They'll love that." With a deep breath, he nods and sends me a smile then bends down for a kiss. His lips meet mine only for a few seconds before the elevator doors open and we pull apart right on time. The sound of chattering is immediately heard and we step out slowly, my hand holding his tightly as we look around for my parents.

"Reese!" My aunt beams from the living room, speedily moving around the coffee table to rush towards me. With a laugh I meet her in a hug, Kade and I's hands disconnecting, and rest my chin on her shoulder. "Gosh, you look so beautiful! So mature!"

I grin, pulling away from her as she holds me at arms length, assessing every inch of me. "You look great too, Aunt V. I love the new hair."

"Thank you!" She gushes, twirling a single finger around a strand of hair. "I just got it blow dried with some blonde highlights. Wanted to match the trends these days!"

Smiling, I nod and say, "It looks amazing. Is Uncle Sammy here?"

"Yep! He's just in the kitchen helping your mother cook. I believe your dad is taking a call right now." She explains, eyes shining with happiness. They move slowly to the man behind me until they widen by a fraction and she gives me a surprise look. "And who might this be."

A small blush forms on my cheeks and I take a step back so I'm next to Kade again. On instinct his hand wraps around my waist, tugging me closer to his side by the closest bit. "This is Kade. My boyfriend." I introduce with a smile.

My aunts hand lands on top of her open mouth, a smile appearing a second later. "Ivy-Reese, you never told me you got a boyfriend!"

"We've only been together, officially, for almost a month now."

"Well, it's very nice to meet you Kade! I've never met any of Reese's boyfriends. Only that one boy from the park, when you were like eight." I roll my eyes, laughing and taking a step back as Kade and my aunt hug as an introduction. "You're a very tall young man! How tall are you exactly?"

"Six foot six, ma'am." He smiles warmly at her. Their height difference isn't too bad, since being tall is in our genetics, but it's still noticeable. She stood at five-nine, an inch taller than me.

She waves him off, "No need to call me ma'am. Ronnie will do just fine." Aunt V sends him one of her warm smiles and I see his shoulders relax by the slightest. Moving to his side again, I run my hand up and down his back comfortingly. "You look like you're about to pass out with nerves, Kade! Relax a bit." She teases.

Kade chuckles slightly, "Must admit I am a bit nervous. Uh, is there anything I can help out with in the kitchen?" He asks.

Aunt V shakes her head, "No, no, you're the guest. Well, suppose I am too- but whatever. Come, let's head into the kitchen, shall we?" She leads the way as we nod, letting Kade and I slowly trail behind her. I smile up at him and kiss his lips quickly, showing him I was proud of his efforts. He smiles down at me softly before we hear the loud noise of pots and pans cluttering together and voices talking.

"Ives!" My mum beams from behind the counter. Smiling right back at her, I part from Kade and go to hug her as she puts down the knife she was using to cut vegetables and returns the gesture, "Sorry, I must've not heard you come in. I'm assuming you saw Aunt V already?"

"Yep," I smile, "It smells amazing in here. What's cooking?"

"Lasagne, homemade garlic bread, some of your uncles famous side dishes and some salad. Dessert for later too! Also, can you-," She pauses, eyes widening at whatever was behind me. Her lips suddenly break out into a smile and I'm lightly pushed to the side, "You must be Kade! Ives has talked so much about you! Ivy, why didn't you introduce us?"

Mum hits my arm with the tea towel as I roll my eyes then go back to stand next to Kade, who was previously talking to my aunt. "We've been in the kitchen for all of two seconds, mum. Anyways- this is Kade." I introduce with a laugh, smiling as my mum hurriedly envelopes him into a hug.

"It is so lovely to meet you! Ivy has never brought a guy home before, this is wonderful." She shares. I bite my lip and ignore his eyes peering down at me.

"Really?" He asks, sounding genuinely surprised. "Well, I'm honoured I'm the first. Your daughter means a lot to me."

My mum grins, holding his forearm in a motherly way. "I can tell she feels the same. Have you seen my husband yet?"

"Not yet, no," Kade smiles politely, "Um, Ronnie told us he was taking a call?"

"Oh, right, of course!" She nods, "I forgot about that. It's been around ten minutes already... Ives, honey, would you mind checking up on him? He should be in his office. Kade here can help me with the vegetables."

I nod, but look up at him with slightly uncertainty, unsure if I should leave him alone. My mum was, at times, a bit unbearable. I'm reassured when he sends me a smile and gently kisses my head, ushering me out and telling me he would be fine. The last thing I hear before I'm out the door frame is my mum asking him about his studies.

I walked down the familiar hallway until I reached my dads office which was to the right, at the very end. I knocked on it gently, waiting only until I heard him say, "Come in," in his usual gruff tone.

"Hey dad," I grinned as soon as the door was shut behind me. My dads eyes lighten up and he stands up from behind his desk, meeting me halfway in a hug. I rest my head on his shoulder as he squeezes me tightly then pulls me at arms length.

"Hi, sweetheart," He smiles warmly, "When did you get in?"

"Maybe ten minutes ago? Not long."

"Ah," He nods, "Your mother is probably wondering why I'm taking so long in here. She ask you to come get me?" My dad asks, already knowing the answer. He walks back to his desk and puts the screen of his laptop down as I sit on one of his leather seats and wait for him to gather his things.

"Yep." I respond, nodding. He smiles knowingly.

"I had to answer a call from Milan. Took much longer than expected. Is she doing okay with the food? And did you see your aunt?" He throws questions at me, his eyes looking downwards as he closed one of his large binders and began sorting papers into a neat stack.

"Mhm, she seemed fine. Uncle Sammy was helping her, but I didn't see him yet. I overheard from Aunty V that he was in the bathroom. So yeah, um, Kade and I already saw her."

My dad finishes his organising right as his eyes shoot up to mine, eyebrows raising in response. I smile awkwardly, trying to figure out his reaction and letting out the tiniest breath of relief when he smiles. "Ah, your mum mentioned he would be joining us. It slipped my mind. He's outside?"

I nod, "In the kitchen, helping mum. He's nervous."

Dad laughs it off and I stand up as he joins me where we were stood before. "I'll bet. I remember when I had to meet your grandparents for the first time... I was scared shitless. Don't worry, I'll go easy on him." I grin, grateful for my dad and how easygoing and accepting he was. He motions for me to go to the door and we exit it quietly, rejoining the others in the kitchen and immediately taking view of Kade stood awkwardly chopping celery sticks, shoulders hunched because of his height.

"Uncle Sammy," My smile widens and I go to hug my uncle who was stood with a wine glass in hand, talking casually with my mum. His eyes spot mine and we hug momentarily, pulling apart after a few seconds. "You've met Kade already?"

Kade looks up from his chopping, eyes meeting mine and immediately they brighten up. I smile at him then face my uncle again who nods, "Of course! He's a charming young man. We talked briefly about his dads work just now."

"Oh, yeah?" Kade smiles and nods, putting down the knife as he was finished. From the corner of my eye I see my mum and dad talking and decide to use this time to introduce them. "Hold on, give us a second. We'll be right back." I excuse, motioning to my dad as my Aunt V smiles knowingly.

Gently taking Kade's arm, his hand rests on my back as we go over to the talking couple and stand in front of them. My mum beams at us and I see Kade looking anxiously at my dad, hand tightening on my back. "It's, uh, really nice to formally meet you, Mr. Walker."

He sticks a hand out for my dad to shake, but instead, he steps forward and gives Kade a casual hug, patting him on the back. "No need for the formalities. It's a pleasure to finally meet you too, Kade. We've heard lots about you." My dads eyes meet mine and I roll them in embarrassment.

"You as well," He smiles, "Ivy-Reese speaks really highly of you. She's very inspired by your work. You too, Mrs. Walker."

My mum turns around from the sink and gives my boyfriend a look. "I thought I told you to call me Katie! And I know, Ivy has always been a daddy's girl."

All I do is smile admittedly, aware that that was the truth. I loved my mum but my dad was one of my biggest inspirations. My dad smiles, "And what are you inspired by, if you don't mind me asking? What would you like to do in the future?"

I rub Kade's tense shoulders as he answers, "My dad, definitely. I take after him a lot. After college I'll hopefully be working for his company than making my way up. We've plans of me taking over in the far future."

"Wow," My dad raises his eyebrows, impressed, "So you've got it all set out for you. That's what you want to do?"

"Yeah," He confirms, "Ever since I was a little boy. Business studies and mathematics has always been where I excel at."

"That's very nice to hear; that you know what you want." He replies, smiling, "And what is it that you want with my daughter?"

My mouth drops open and I sigh, looking at my dad with a certain glint in my eyes, "Dad!"

Kade, surprisingly, just laughs and looks down at me with a soft smile. His hand rubs at my waist and he answers my dad with good enough confidence. "I'm very fond of Ivy-Reese, I promise you that. Our relationship is still early so I can't confirm the future but I like to say I see Ivy in it. I admire her a lot- I've no ill intentions with your daughter. I promise."

When he finishes, I look up at him with adoration visible in my eyes but his are trained on my dad with a little bit of growing uncertainty. I can tell he means what he said, but he's second guessing his thoughts as my dad takes a second too long studying him. Just as Kade looks like he's about to wince and apologise, my dad speaks up, "I believe you. You two seem very happy together. I'm glad."

Kade releases a breath and looks down at me, tightening his grip on my waist and smiling. I beam at him then at my dad and thank him with my eyes. My mum is the first to interrupt the interrogation, "Okay, you two can head out to the dining room now and wait. The food should be finished in just a bit!"

We nod at my mum as we're ushered outside, the last thing I see being my aunt going over to help as my dad and uncle talk. I guide him to the dining room, which is behind the expensive couches and in its own massive area. Everything was mainly open-floored so there was a view of the city everywhere. Kade and I sat on one of the couches, my hand automatically going down to his knee as I looked at him carefully.

"How are you feeling?"

He smiles, "Way less nervous. Your family is really welcoming. Especially your mum."

"Yeah, she loves meeting the people I'm close with. Especially the people who matter to me." Kade grins at that and leans forward, holding my chin in his hand as our lips meet for a gentle kiss. It doesn't last long, both of us probably uncomfortable with the fact that my parents were in the other room, but it's meaningful nonetheless.

"I can tell they all really like you." I assure, just in case. He nods.

"Good. I'm really, really glad."

-

(25/10/20): Kade's birthday has been changed from the 5th of May to the 30th <3

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

2.4M 74K 40
Best Ranking: #5 in Teen Fiction - Preview- "Do you actually care?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow tauntingly. I grinned, trying to emulate his e...
58 1 26
*Hazel* Every time I think of college, I hyperventilate. And no, it's not because I'm excited or stressed about it... it's because I know that the ve...
316K 11K 55
PUBLISHED NOVEMBER 02, 2021 ❝ Your life is your own. Don't waste it trying to be what others expect you to be. Don't sacrifice your happiness to make...
78.5K 1.8K 41
Let's just say college is going to be a bumpy ride...