Steel

By Authortjtristan

the reckoning is upon us. ***Book 3 in the Grey Saga*** COMPLETED *mature content* First, she met Grey, a Fal... More

Before You Begin
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue

Chapter 22

1.2K 72 14
By Authortjtristan

For some bizarre reason, the near constant rain of Washington had decided to take a break for today, blessing us with brilliant rays of sunshine that peered through the silvery wisps of clouds above. However bright the weather may be, Grey was still as brooding as always. As we walked from his parked car, he let out a low grumble of irritation.

"You didn't have to come, you know," I mumbled, eyeing him. He merely tightened his jaw and shook his head, glaring ahead.

"You go, I go," he huffed, his pale eyes watching the students shuffling around us like a lion watching herds of gazelle.

To be completely fair, I wasn't even completely sure what classes I was going to. I wasn't a student at the moment, and had no timetable. So I'd just decided to head towards one of the science buildings and sit in a lecture hall there, listening to whatever I could. At this point, I'd been out of classes for about a year now. I had no idea if I'd ever be enrolled again. I wondered if my parents were still buying that whole studying abroad thing.

A pang of sadness echoed through my chest at the thought of my family, who I had not seen in a year. However, I knew I had to stay away. If I saw them, it could draw demons to them, and make them a target. That was the last thing I wanted, especially because I knew I would destroy Heaven to keep them alive.

"What's wrong?" I heard Grey ask softly next to me, his warm hand pressing slightly against my lower back. I swallowed, the burn of my emotions coiling in the back of my throat.

"Nothing. Just- I just miss my family," I sighed, tightening my jaw in an effort to push it all down.

"We'll see them again. When all of this is over. They'll understand," he replied gently, running his thumb in a concentric circle over my back.

We turned a corner onto the main walkway on campus, immediately met with an onslaught of students rushing around us. However, to my utter disbelief, they began to pause and gawk at us as they did so. Grey had been right- they knew we were different, even if it wasn't consciously.

Grey's chest rumbled a bit in annoyance, his lip beginning to curl in a snarl as he glared them down. I chuckled at his irritation. He had never seemed this annoyed with the attention when I'd first met him. As a matter of fact, he seemed to thrive on it.

"Annoying little things," he grumbled under his breath, letting out a little snarl at a guy who'd decided to walk a little too close to me. He'd immediately jumped back and almost looked like he'd pissed himself.

"I was one of those things," I reminded him with a snicker, glancing up at him.

"Annoying little thing," he reiterated, his snarl turning into a playful smirk as his cerulean eyes met mine and twinkled.

"Hey, you chose to sit next to me every single day," I retorted with a chuckle and he rolled his eyes teasingly.

"Semantics," he replied coolly, returning his gaze to the shuffling crowds of college kids in front of us. It was almost hard to believe I was no longer one of them. I remembered what it was like- when all I had to worry about was my next exam, the homework due that night, whether I'd make it to the gym before all the squat racks filled up. Now, the world seemed so different. Everything was bigger, and everything was deadly.

"Jordan? Jordan Greene?" I heard a female voice from behind me and paused, turning to my right to face the owner of the voice.

Petite, blonde haired, and blue eyed Savanna Vince slowly walked down the steps from one of the buildings. She had been the president of the sorority I was in when I was here. I hadn't even known that she'd known my name.

"Savanna," I replied coolly, watching her cautiously as she approached. I felt my upper lip begin to curl in a territorial snarl as her glittering blue eyes fell upon Grey for a moment.

"Long time no see! Who's this?" Those annoying little eyes trailed up my soulmate's body, landing on his eyes with a small smirk.

"My boyfriend," I said through gritted teeth, clenching my fists to keep them from wrapping around her neck.

"I wasn't aware you were dating anyone," she giggled lightly, her gaze slowly shifting from him to me. I watched those eyes widen as they took me in. "You look- different."

"I am different," I sighed with a little shrug, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Where have you been? We've sent you emails about chapter meetings, but you'd missed so many we had to vote you out of the sorority," she explained with a fake little pout protruding from her bottom lip.

"I moved in with Grey. We've been- busy," I smirked, tilting my head slightly to the side.

"Do you go to school here?" She smiled back at Grey, who huffed in annoyance, eyeing me as if to ask if he had to play nice or not.

"No," he gruffly responded.

"Where do you go?" She bagged her eyelashes and flashed him a brilliant veneer grin.

"Nowhere," he snapped.

"Play nice," I placed my hand gingerly on his shoulder, but the smirk curling on my lips was all the encouragement he needed to continue being a dick.

"Well you're both welcome to come by the house whenever you'd like, even if you're not a member anymore, Jordan. And by the way, I love what your plastic surgeon did," she smiled, those eyes twinkling in a sort of silent challenge.

I tightened my jaw a little, my lips curling in a tight smirk as I leaned down slightly to meet her at eye level. "Is that really necessary, Savanna? Do you feel better now?"

The old me might've shied a little from confrontation, but having fought as many battles as I had now, nothing seemed more familiar.

She batted her fake eyelashes innocently, taking a step back and placing her hand over her heart. "I'm not sure what you mean," she frowned.

"Look at me," I said sharply, narrowing my eyes at her. "Do I look plastic to you?"

At that moment, I let a little of my soul flash through my eyes, just enough to send her taking a few steps back, her heart thumping. Slowly, I stood up straight again, glancing at Grey with a tiny smirk. He chuckled and leaned in, pressing his lips against the nape of my neck.

"How badly did you want to throttle her?" He murmured against my ear, his teeth grazing my neck.

"You have no idea," I groaned and huffed, taking his hand and leading him onwards through the bustling crowd. However, it wasn't nearly as hard a task as I thought it would be. The students appeared to part like the Red Sea for us, gawking and stepping out of our path.

We approached one of the science buildings and strolled inside, taking a left and following the flow of people into a large lecture hall. As soon as we walked in, it seemed as though all eyes in the room had turned to us. It was odd being on the other side of this. I'd remembered when Grey had walked into my chemistry lecture and everyone had turned to him, their eyes glued to him throughout the entire lecture. He had seemed to bask in it, soaking it in as if the eyes were rays of sunlight. Now, I couldn't see how that was possible. I hated this amount of attention. I wanted to crawl under a desk, and the human me might've.

Now, however, my lips merely curled into a smirk as I took Grey's hand in mine and led him up the stairs to a pair of seats. We sat down, much to the surprise of all the kids around us. I could still feel their prying eyes even as we sat, unmoving and silent. Humans were not subtle with their curiosities, I suppose. To my utter amusement, I heard the clang of a metal water bottle hit the floor behind me, and a tap against my heel signaling it had rolled to my feet.

Had somebody really just thrown a water bottle in our direction, just to have an excuse to come pick it up? I remembered some girl had done that to Grey in that chemistry lecture, but how on earth did this continue as an accepted practice? Were all people this psycho?

I leaned down and picked up the metal hydro flask, just in time for some guy to tap me on the shoulder. Slowly I sat up, water bottle in hand.

"Hi, sorry, that's my hydro flask," the guy grinned, blinking a few times. I could hear his thundering heart from here.

I pulled my lips into a taut line and handed it to him, turning back to face the front. However, I could still feel his presence next to me a moment later.

"Sorry, I was just wondering if maybe-," he began shakily, but was cut off by Grey swinging his arm lazily around my shoulder. I fought the urge to snicker as he looked over his shoulder at the guy, giving him a warning glare.

"I'd go now, if I were you," Grey grumbled with a slight snarl of his lips. With that, the guy scurried off back to his seat. I rolled my eyes and turned to look at him.

"So overprotective," I mumbled, but he merely pulled me closer, pressing his lips again to my neck.

"This is exactly why I had to come," he breathed against my neck, the cool air making me shiver.

Then, the door to the classroom banged open and a woman walked in. She had a silver braid hanging down to the small of her back and wore a long skirt decorated with multicolored flowers.

"Safe and party-less weekend, I hope?" Her voice boomed as she approached the blackboard, setting her stuff down before turning around.

And the moment her eyes fell upon the man to my left, her face turned white as a ghost.

HELLO MY LOVES. hope you're all doing well. Here's a little baby chap to tide you over until the good/HAHA BAD shit starts happening.

Also it's my friend Livie's birthday on the 12th (she's the inspiration for Siena) so could everybody please wish her a happy birthday!!! She reads these chapters on here, so she will see (and I will be very thankful).

Please go recommend Grey to be placed under Wattpad's Romance profiles suggested stories (they have a link in their bio). Also their Dangerous Love profile has a suggestion form as well. I'd really appreciate it. The more reads Grey gets, the stronger chance it can be published.

Stay safe and healthy, and happy Mother's Day!

-TJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 194 55
"...and a little bird told me our king has been spending too much time in Purgatory, meeting with certain archangels." I was sure I didn't hear him c...
237K 9.5K 27
Everyone knows the story of Lucifer, how he was casted out of heaven becoming the first fallen angel, but what some of you didn't know was that many...
549 114 34
The Angels Wings Genre: Romance/Action/Humor Our main character (Amara) died. I know sad, but not to her. In fact her death was the greatest thing...
59 0 19
For thousands of years The Order has been protecting creation from Evil, the paranormal, and sometimes themselves without the world knowing. Each mem...