The Nerd Undercover // Book 2...

By Dreamerfeverxo

This is the Sequel to The Nerds Secret! Please read that before you read this book as you may find various si... More

Book 1 Info and Summary
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Note!
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
New twitter account!!
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
What happened...

Chapter 10

18.5K 938 317
By Dreamerfeverxo

[Chapter 10]

My eyes fluttered open and it took me a few seconds to adjust to the bright light in my room. Wait sorry...not my room? I turn to my left to see a sleeping Matt beside me. One of his arms is draped over my waist and the other is tucked under the pillow. Soft snores leave him mouth and I can't help but smile at how adorable it is. I try to wiggle out of his iron tight grip but I soon find it too difficult to even reach for my phone which is about 30 cm away from me.

"Matt!" I whisper hushed. "Matthew!" I say louder this time. He stirs and turns over his grip gone as both of his arms are tucked under his pillow. Phew! Slowly getting out of bed I unlock my phone and see it's around 6:45 in the morning. School doesn't start till 8am so we still have time.

A wave of hurt hits me as I remember yesterday's events. School. Cindy warning me to stay away from Charlie and Matt. Wait she called him Charlie. It only now clicks in my head that she said Charlie not Tyler. I've been so caught up in events that I hadn't noticed and from what I remember she didn't realise what she had said either. Does that mean she knows his identity, that he's an agent?

Wait agent! After school the warehouse! The fourth agent? Who could it be? The new guy today who is trying to catch us out.

The others being wasted last night...hurt...betrayal and a wave of sadness hit me as I also remember the day I lost my parents.

The bed beside me dips and I hadn't realised that I had been crying. Matt pulls me into another hug and comforts me. Soon understanding that I can't go on like this forever I stand up apologising for making his shirt wet. He brushes it off then motions for me to go into the bathroom and get ready.

Smiling appreciatively I grab my bag and trot to the bathroom putting on my make-up. Weapons, clothes. You know the usual...

After finishing in the bathroom I walk down to the kitchen to see Matt making waffles. Perfect!

-------------

After we both ate out delicious waffles it was time to go to school. We were going in Matt's car as mine needed gas. Typical of me to always forget.

So we are now driving to school in Matt's car. I was humming the song Rude by Magic on the radio until Matt pulled over down the road from school and turned the radio down. I was utterly confused by this act and turned to question him but it seems as if he knew what I was going ask.

"I have to drop you off here. I don't want you being bullied by Cindy and I certainly don't want people to start rumours because you were seen with me. I'm sorry if I'm a jerk to you I would never mean any of it. You're a good person Alyssa and I don't want people to put you down. Meet me back here after school today, I'll be waiting for you." He gives me a warm smile and I instantly feel relaxed. I nod hugging him before walking the rest of the 2 minutes down the road.

I reach the school in no time and see that the parking lot is full as usual. I try to see if I can see the new kid that I spied on yesterday but with no luck I couldn't spot him. I also couldn't see Charlie nor Jordan. I knew they hurt me but we are still on a mission and as we are still agents I need to inform them about the fourth agent, if there is one, and the new dude that is going to try get info of us. I walk the familiar rout to the boy's lockers and as they are both next to each other I don't have to go in 2 directions.

I have noticed that people are still looking at me like I'm some tramp and all I want to do it crawl into a ditch and die but I can't let my depression eat me up and being an agent I was taught to fight emotions. I finally reach their lockers. Both their backs are turned to me and I can hear them chatting away about Soccer.

As I 'don't know' Charlie, I am going to used Jordan as my pass to tell them the info. Tapping Jordan on the shoulder he turns around smiling brightly at me. l

"Hey Alyssa! I didn't see you this morning, you came school early?" I ignore his act to try and make me feel better. You can't say stuff like that and pretend it didn't happen. Luckily the bell for first period had gone so people had scattered of too class. I had a free period right now so I wouldn't be late for anything.

Putting on an ice cold face I say, "There is a new guy joining today, he wants to find out about us. He's got blonde hair, dark brown eyes, sharp facial structure and tanned skin. He has been sent here to find out information
about 4 agents. Yes I said four. I have no clue who the fourth one is that goes to this school so watch your backs." You can hear the slight venom dripping in my voice as I say the last bit. It may have a double meaning but oh well.

I turn to walk away but Charlie grabs a hold of my wrist. I whip around and give him the most hatful glare I had ever given him. "Alyssa what's wrong?"

"Do NOT touch me!" I spit yanking my hand out his grip and speed walking down the hall. "Alyssa! ALYSSA WAIT!" This time Jordan tries to call me but I carry on walking not before throwing a "PISS OF NATHAN!" over my shoulder.

It's funny how a lot can change in a blink of an eye. One minute you're with your family giggling and laughing together and the next everything is wiped away from you. You see that's what I hate about blinking. Although every human does it. It's an involuntary act our body does to spread the moisture around your eye so they don't become dry. And no I don't mean like that one time spongebob did and his eye became all shrivelled although I don't get that? He lives underwater yet is always dry...

Anyway I sometimes with I didn't blink so that nothing would change. Maybe I would still have a family...

I reach the bleachers and take a seat looking out into the field where the freshmen are running laps. Out of the corner of my eye I see a familiar figure leaning against the other side of the fields bleachers looking out to the group of players. He's the guy I saw yesterday. Lookin away I get out one of my books and pretend to be engrossed in it. I practically know all of this stuff anyway since they drilled it into my brain from a young age. Not literally but you get the saying.

As shadow blocks the sunlight that was hitting me perfectly keeping my body pretty warm. Looking up I see the same dude. Putting on my act I squeak acting scared. He chuckles deeply before joining next to me.

"Mind if I sit?" I shake my head no and he gets comfortable...okay then. "So your new here?" I ask quietly pushing my thick glasses higher up the rim of my nose. "Sure am. Seems like a cool place...great people too." I nod at him trying not to anything away.

He doesn't say anything after that and I go back to looking through my book. I am grateful actually and before I know it the warning bell goes for second period. I get up to leave in a hurry making sure I have everything and hurry of too my Art class. I have no idea why I was I signed up for this class but I quite enjoy it anyway.

-----------------------------

The day went by in a rush. Literally! Jordan and Charlie kept on trying to call me asking what was wrong but when I want bothered with them they would back of understanding I needed space. I had seen the dude who sat with me on the bleachers and wants to find out about the agents a lot today. I also learnt that his name is in fact Jayden. It suited him so I don't know if it is fake or real.

I remember that I am meeting Matt so I start to walk down the road where he dropped me this morning. Luckily there is a bench there so I sit there for about a minute before he pulls up leaning over the seat to open the door. I hop in quickly smiling and greeting him.

"Oh you left this in the car this morning. I was hoping you didn't need it today." He leans over to the back grabbing something. It's probably one of my text books. As he does so his shirt lifts up and I can't believe what I see on his belt.

I am sitting there frozen in spot staring down at his belt. I don't care if I look creepy right now.

Turning back around he hands me my book. When I don't take it he follows my gaze down. "Alyssa, I- I can explain!" He stutters wildly. I shake my head buckling my seat belt before leaning back and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Drive me to yours now! We need to talk..."He seems surprised at how calmly I acted after what I saw but nevertheless he nods before adjusting himself and driving off to his house. We sat in silence the whole way but I was very curious as to why he had it anyway.

Once I am inside I walk straight to the guest bedroom and sit down. He follows suit. "Look Alyssa let me explain..." I gesture okay letting him continue.

"Before you jump to conclusions I just want to say I am NOT one of those bad guys in a gang who get mix-" I didn't let him continue as I interrupt.

"Matthew you have a gun tucked in your belt and you just told me you're not in a gang making me suspicious!" I yell bewildered.

"Trust me Alyssa! I'm not in a gang!" He shouts trying to get his point across.

"Prove it." I taunt crossing my arms. He sighs before running his hands through his already messy hair.

"I-I can't..." It seemed forced so I ask again.

"Prove It!" I say each word clearly pronouncing every letter. He shifts uncomfortably before pulling something out of his pocket. My eyes go wide and I smile standing up and snatching it out his hand.

I then squeal really loud jumping up and down. "Matt YOU'RE THE FOURTH AGENT"

He looks at me shocked that I knew what it was. I handed his badge back to him and went to my bag. I dug to the bottom of my bag throwing all my weapons on his bed. He looked like a deer caught in headlights when he saw my weapons. I finally found my badge and showed it to him.

"I'm an Agent too!" He smiled brightly as I announce this then sighs. "We have got to do some serious talking!"

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N: YAAY! A lot of people wanted an earlier update so me being the lovely perosn I am done an extra long chappie for you today! WHOOP! Was anyone expecting that!? Who should I post a pic of in the next chapter?

Who liked this chapter???

Opinions? Improvements?? Inputs?? Comment them below...

QUESTIONS:

1. What do you think about Matt being the Fourth Agent?

2. Will Olivia forgive Jordan and Charlie?

3. Thoughts on Jayden?

4. Guess what's coming up in the next Chapter... (ill give you a teaser)

Teaser: Matt and Olivia have a talk about their agent lives and soon discover each others real names amongst finding out other interesting facts about each other...

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN, READ, SHARE!

--Dreamerfeverxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 21 40
I was so damn naive it's no wonder I've ended up here. Kidnapped by the man who promised me forever, just as I'd begun to understand the depths of hi...
5.8K 442 24
"I had imagined all sorts of things they do on those business trips. Gambling with the wrong kind of people. Planning a big robbery. Maybe repaying a...
34.5K 718 51
THIS BOOK WILL NOT BE FINISHED IM SO SORRY. "It's just another kill like she's just another love, right?" -M.H✈︎ *** All she wanted a fresh start, n...
89.1K 2.7K 23
At the age of six, my family gave me up to an agency called Red Cipher. Red Cipher trains kids when they turn six all the way up to the age of 15. At...