The Secrets We Keep - Taekai

By ChiT00

Kai and Taemin had their secrets. And each other happened to be one of those secrets. There was only two peop... More

the one where taemin admits his feelings
the one where shinee's gone
the one where jonghyun gives a chance
the one where EXO went on tour
the one where jongin confesses
the one with the talk
the one with the confusion
the one where sehun finds out
the one with the fight
the one with the move
the one with the playboy
the one where they do a couples photoshoot
the one where jongin says it
the one where they're honest
the one where they say goodbye
the one before our spring
the one with the aftermath
the one with the rosary
the one where he begins moving on
the one where jongin accepts it
the one with the truth
the one where they become SuperM
the one with the progress? or maybe not?
the one with the trip to america
the one with the boundaries
the one with the competition
the one where they figure it out
the one with the showcase
the one with the ellen show
the one where they're back to reality
the one where everyone's back
the one with the start of tour
the one with their routine
the one with exo's meeting
the one with the 2nd half of tour
the one where they open up
the one where they adjust
the one with the vlive concert
the one where they're home
the one where they visit family
the one with the topic
the one where they talk about it
the one with the decision
the one where they return to America
the one with their free time in America
the one with the big news
the one with their return
the one with the calm
the one with the storm
the one where they tell everyone
the one with the worries
the one with the planning
the one with the kiss
the one with the inbetween
the one with the surprise
the one where they're in the NICU
the one where they adjust
the one with the visits
the one with the news
the one with the twins at home
the one with the date night
the one where jongin's alone
quick note - not an update
the one with the birthdays
the one with the late talker
the one with the break
the one where they work on them
the one with the end
epilogue - the one with the conversation

the one at new years

660 26 4
By ChiT00

Jongin and Taemin celebrated Christmas together - nothing big, just got each other a gift and spent the day together before Taemin had to go to his fanmeet. Jongin had only gotten back into Korea on the twenty third and they had decided to spend the night of the twenty fourth and the morning of the twenty fifth together knowing that Taemin would be in Japan for New Years while Jongin would be in Korea for an EXO concert.

It was nice getting to spend a little bit of their first holiday back together with each other, but Jongin hated that they'd be missing out on New Years with each other. But he couldn't find a way to get to Japan in between his concert and the end of Taemin's concert.

He was silently cursing the fact that their concerts in Japan were in the days leading up to Christmas, while Taemin was in Korea. And now it was the opposite; they were in Korea, while Taemin was in Japan.

Until Junmyeon and Sehun burst into his dorm room - Sehun holding up his laptop.

"We found a flight to Japan!" Junmyeon hollered, "It would be a tight fit, but we think you could make it to the airport in time after our concert and it would be close to landing before or right after midnight. So you might not make it in time to celebrate New Years at midnight with Taem - but you'd get there."

Jongin nodded, "I'll take the flight."

"Booking it now." Sehun said, setting his laptop down on Jongin's bed and kneeling down in front of it - typing away.

Jongin had been in talks with Taemin's manager, who knew he was coming and would either be picking him up from the airport or sending someone to get him. He had a bag packed and in the backstage area of their venue where their New Year's Eve concert was being held - he was still worried about how tight the timing of his exit from the venue and his time he had to be at the airport was. But he was hoping he'd make it in time, because he had to make it in time.

His manager had told him he'd have the car ready to go before the final song even began - that he'd be waiting for Jongin in the car, ready to drive to the airport.

As soon as the concert was over and they were backstage, Jongin quickly said his goodbyes to the rest of the group and made a dash through the venue - running as fast and as hard as he could to the back exit where him and his manager had discussed leaving through.

Jongin hurried through the door and got into the passengers seat of his managers car.

"Ready to head to Japan?" His manager asked, smiling over at him.

"Definitely."

They made it to the airport in time much to Jongin's relief and were able to get checked through security quickly due to not a lot of people being in the airport - Jongin figured most everyone was home celebrating with their families or out celebrating with friends.

Jongin: Made it to
the airport. Will be
in Japan in a couple
hours.

TM Manager: Will
have car waiting
for you.

Jongin exited that chat and opened up his one to Sehun, who had told him numerous times to let him know when he got to the airport.

Jongin: I'm at the
airport.

Sehun: Awesome.
Have a good trip.

Once the plane landed in Japan and Jongin and his manager made their way through the airport, they found the car that Taemin's manager had sent waiting outside for them and were off to the hotel that Taemin was staying at. Jongin had turned his phone back on to multiple missed calls from Taemin and texted him.

Nini: How was the
show?

Taem: It was good.
Wish you could
have been here. I
tried to call you as
soon as it was over?

Nini: Sorry I was
a little busy with a
project. You at the
hotel already?

Taem: Yeah. Why?
Taem: What project?

Jongin knew that Taemin had some clue that something was up - cause Taemin would normally be the first person Jongin would tell about a project that he was working on or was about to be working on. And he definitely wouldn't miss any phone calls under normal circumstances.

Nini: Ah it's nothing
really. Just a little last
minute new years eve
project that Sehun
and Junmyeon were
involved in as well.
Nini: You'll see it soon
enough. Be patient.

Jongin sent the last text as he got into the elevator with his manager - heading up to the floor that Taemin's manager had sent them. As soon as he was off the elevator and walking down the hallway, his manager stopping at a different room that he had to for the night, he sent another text.

Nini: Do me a favor
and check outside your
room?

Taem: Okay.
Completely not a
little sketchy of a
statement, Jongin.

Jongin smiled at his phone before looking back up at the hotel room door in front of him just as a sleepy looking Taemin opened the door.

"Holy shit. How are you here?"

Jongin laughed, "I got a flight. That's why I didn't answer your calls, I was literally in the air on my way here."

Taemin smiled, shaking his head. "Come on in."

Jongin followed Taemin into the hotel room, closing the door before he kissed Taemin. "Happy New Year." He said, smiling at Taemin.

"Happy New Year." Taemin said, grin on his face.

They ended up sitting on the bed together - some TV show that Taemin had on when Jongin got there was on in the background, however neither of them were paying much attention to it.

"So I've been thinking..." Taemin started, glancing away from Jongin for a second before looking back at him.

"What about?"

"About Jongdae's situation." Taemin said, "More so about the whole announcing it to the world part."

"What is it? Taem, tell me babe." Jongin said, reaching over and grasping Taemin's hand.

"I want us to be open about everything."

"Everything? As in us being together?"

"Yes. I want to tell the world that we're together." Taemin said, nodding. "I know it's a lot considering we just got back together a few months ago, but I'm tired of hiding everything about us. You know there'll be stories when we go back to Korea together and my luck you'll have to end up faking like you're dating someone else."

Jongin nodded, "Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay. We'll tell the world. If that's what you want, I'll do it."

"You're kidding me."

"No I'm not, I love you and if you want to be open then I'm willing to risk it all for you."

Taemin had been right, people did notice that Jongin was with him when he returned to Korea. Of course they noticed.

They hadn't talked about the idea of them being honest about their relationship anymore. But they would eventually.

Jongin knew they would. Because it was important and they couldn't just keep their relationship hidden anymore.

They went back to Taemin's house together and went back to their new normal of spending all their free time together. Which was even more than before because neither of them had concerts until the end of the month - and those concerts were together again.

So they had time to figure things out. They could take their time and not make a rash decision, there was no time limit or restraint on them - not yet at least.

Jongin stopped by EXO's dorm a couple days after Jongdae's news was out - hoping to catch him and check in on him. He got lucky and found the older man in his room.

"Hey how are you doing?"

"As good as I can be right now." Jongdae replied, shrugging. "I may not be on social media myself, but I know what it's saying. I know there's people who want me out of the group."

"You know you're not going to kicked out of the group. There's no way that would happen."

"I know that none of you all would want me out, but that doesn't mean that it won't happen."

"It won't."

Jongdae nodded, "Sure. Also doesn't help that it's finally beginning to set in that I'm going to be a father."

"You'll be a good one. In my opinion I think you're the best one of us to become a dad."

Jongdae looked over at Jongin, smiling slightly. "Well I'm glad you think so. Personally I think it would be you."

"What makes you think that?"

"Because you're good with children - hell I could definitely learn quite a few things from you. I know you'd be a great father, Jongin."

"Well that's not happening any time soon so.... but I'd be happy to give you some tips."

Jongdae nodded, "I appreciate the tips that I will definitely be getting from you."

Jongin laughed, nodding. "You'll be a great dad, Jongdae. For sure."

"Thanks for your support."

"Be completely honest with me for a second here - are you having any regrets about your decision?"

Jongin had to know. He had to know.

Because if him and Taemin were ever going to come out and be honest with the world, he had to know if Jongdae had any regrets.

"No, not a single one."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 476 12
It's been 5 years since BTS debuted. It's also been 5 years since Kim Taehyung fell in love with the golden maknae Jeon Jungkook As their new comebac...
43.6K 1.9K 32
taemin should have never been sneaking around exo's changing room, neither should've jongin just barged in that bathroom without knocking, they shoul...
3.3K 88 20
Taemin and Jonghyun have a secret but they don't know that it would be revealed in a way they didn't imagine.
73.6K 4K 13
Namjoon knew Taehyung was odd, but.. (Top V)