Sunlight ¥ Dean Winchester [1]

By Sweet_Sydney14

Jessica Wilson, just a normal twenty five year old. Well, she was trying to be normal. But, she knew she was... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
Authors Note
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
Authors note
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
Authors Note
117
118
Authors note/IMPORTANT
119
120
121
122
123
124
Character Art
125
126
127
Authors note - SHORT
128
Look for...

57

1.1K 27 1
By Sweet_Sydney14

Dean's eyes held fear inside of them. His heart pounded in his chest as Jessica tugged on his suit.

"Dean?" Jessica was trying to snap the man back to reality. "Earth to Dean?"

"Yeah?" Dean slightly shook his head and looked at Jessica.

"We need to find out who this ghost is and put an end to her. That way no one else has to die."

Dean slowly nodded his head. "Yeah, I'll—I'll call Sam." He got out his phone and dialed Sam's number.

"Have any of you seen this ghost before?" Jessica asked the two other women in the room.

"I've seen her in one of those pictures at the museum." Melanie said.

"Alright," Jessica turned towards Dean. "Tell Sam to meet us at the museum."

Dean nodded his head.

"Thank you for your help." Jessica looked at Camille. "We'll get this all sorted out, I promise."

Camille smiled. "Thank you."

"Sams heading over to the museum right now." Dean led Jessica towards the front door and opened it for her. "We'll meet him there."

~<•>~

"Well," Jessica looked around at all of the old pictures. "This is interesting."

The three had made their way upstairs and into a hallway.

Jessica was looking at a picture of three young children when a man had walked up to them.

"Are there any questions I can answer?" The man asked.

"Yes," Sam started. "Who are they?" He was pointing to picture of two women.

"Oh, the Fox sisters. Amoung the founders of Lily Dale." The man pointed at the picture now. "Kate Fox, quite troubled, apparently, but mesmerizing on stage. She's said to be able to levitate objects and foretell one's death."

Jessica's eyes slightly widened.

"That's her." Dean whispered to Sam.

"Her older sisters, Margaret perhaps not a natural psychic."

"So, full of crap." Dean replied.

"Yes, well.... she didn't have her sisters charisma, but she looked after Kate." The man paused for a second then continued. "Sometimes, one's true gift is taking care of others."

"So, What happened to them?" Jessica asked.

"Lived here all their lives." The man replied.

"Lived here and died here?" Sam asked.

"Yes, well... buried in the cemetery."

"Great, That was very educational. Thank you." Sam walked away.

Jessica followed the man.

"So Sam, how are you doing by the way?"

Sam sighed. "I'm getting by."

Jessica smiled softly and followed Sam outside. Dean shortly caught up to the two.

"We'll hit up the graveyard, dig up Kate?" Sam and Jessica began to walk towards the car.

"All right. Wait a second." Dean looked at his brother.

"All signs point to her Dean." Sam replied.

"No. Just hold on a damn minute."

Sam and Jessica stopped walking and turned around.

"Enough with 'just the facts'."

"We agreed—" Sam was cut off.

"No, we agreed to work the case. We didn't agree for you to be a dick the whole time."

"What?"

"You're pissed, okay. And you've got every right."

"Yeah, damn straight." Sam growled.

"But enough's enough."

"Says who?" Sam shot back. "Look, I'll work this damn case," Sam pointed a finger at his brother. "But you lied to me, and you killed my friend." Sam turned around and walked towards the car.

Dean followed his brother along with Jessica. "No, I put down a monster who killed four people, and if you didn't know her, you'd have done the same thing."

"I did know her Dean!"

"Yeah, which is why you couldn't do it!"

Sam stopped.

"Look, I get it," Dean started. "There are certain people in this world, no matter how dangerous they are, you just can't."

Sam looked at Dean disgusted. "Don't pull that card. That's bull!" Sam sighed angrily. "Look, if I've learned one thing, it's that if something feels wrong, it probably is!"

"Usually, yeah. But killing Amy was not wrong." Sam was shaking his head. "You couldn't do it, so I did. That's what family does, the dirty work. And I would have told you eventually, once I knew this whole 'waving a gun at Satan' thing was a one time show. I think it's reasonable to want to know that you're off the friggin' high dive, Sam."

"Dean." Jessica lightly placed her hand on the man's shoulder. "I think that's enough."

Dean ignored her. "You almost got us both killed, so you can be pissed all you want, but quit being a bitch." Dean then walked away with Jessica following behind him. Sam stayed where he was.

~<•>~

12:30 a.m.

Everyone was in their regular clothes now. The cool night air caused goosebumps along Jessica's skin.

"Let's just hurry this up, please." Jessica rubbed her arms.

Sam was almost done digging up the grave.

"I get why she's killing people." Sam started. "I don't get why she's warning them."

"Give them a taste of the curse, maybe?" Dean replied. "It couldn't have been a joyride."

"Here we go." Sam threw the shovel to the side.

Dean got out a can of lighter fluid and began to pour it onto the woman's corpse. Sam poured some salt onto her as well.

Jessica looked down at the body and then back up. Her eyes widened as she saw Kate behind Sam.

"SAM!" Jessica pointed behind the man but he didn't get a chance to defend himself. Kate had pushed him away from her grave.

"Back off, crazy eyes." Dean held a lighter in his hands.

"Listen to me!" Kate begged. "Why isn't anybody listening?"

Dean opened his lighter.

"No!" Kate's eyes widened.

"You don't get a vote."

"No! Stop!"

Dean began to flick the lighter on but it wasn't working."

"NO!" Kate rushed forward but disappeared as Sam had thrown a match into the woman's grave. Kate became nothing but ash.

"Nice timing." Dean looked at his brother. Sam nodded his head. "I'm going to call Melanie and tell her it's all over."

"Okay." Jessica nodded her head and watched Dean dial the girl's number. After a few minutes he hung up.

"I'm so ready to get a good nights sleep in." Dean sighed as he cracked his neck.

"Me too." Sam replied.

"Me three." Jessica smiled at the two.

~<•>~

All three were in the car on the way back to the motel when Dean got a call from Melanie.

"Melanie?" There was a pause. "What's going on?" His eyes widened. "What, what do you mean—" another pause. "Alright, just listen to me and calm down."

Sam sighed. "Dean, just give me the phone and drive."

Jessica shut her eyes and chanted Melanie's name. When she opened her eyes, she was is Camille's place.

"HOLY—"

"Melanie it's okay!" Jessica calmed the girl down. "Just listen to Sam and do whatever he tells you."

Melanie kept the phone to her ear and made her way into the kitchen. She came back with a container of salt.

In front of Camille was Margaret. Her hands wound themselves around the girls neck and began to choke her.

Melanie quickly threw the salt onto Margaret and she disappeared. "It worked!"

When Melanie turned around, Margaret was back.

"She's back!"

Jessica quickly looked towards the fireplace and grabbed three iron pokers. Melanie and Jessica put Camille in the middle of them to protect her.

The girls looked around the room and saw nothing.

Just then, a cabinet slid away from the wall and rammed into Melanie. The girl was sent against the opposite wall and fell to the floor unconscious. It was up to Jessica now.

"Stay close to me." Jessica could feel her eyes begin to glow. Her grip tightened on her iron poker.

Margaret made another appearance and threw Jessica against a wall. Then, she toppled a bookshelf onto her. All of the items spilled onto Jessica's body. The last thing she heard was a bloody scream.

~<•>~

Melanie had lifted the book shelf off of Jessica and helped the girl out of the house.

Jessica could feel the woman's body shaking with sobs as the two made it down the front steps. Just then, Dean and Sam had pulled up.

"Jess." Dean sighed with relief. He grabbed the girl and hugged her tightly. Melanie fell into Sams arms. He gave the girl a comforting hug.

"Don't ever do that again, okay?" Dean looked into Jessica's eyes.

"Okay." Jessica nodded her head. Then, a few tears slipped down her cheeks.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Dean asked her quietly.

"I tried to save her, I-I didn't even get close." More tears fell down the girls cheeks. "I promised her—"

"Hey, shhh, it's alright." Dean kissed the girls forehead and pulled her close. "We're gonna put an end to this, I promise."

Jessica nodded her head against his chest. She just wanted this to be over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 2.4K 34
Ranking #10 in DeanWinchester 10/3/2021 Ranking #1 in SPNFanFiction 1/25/2021 [COMPLETED VERSION-UNDER EDITING] (This fanfiction is based off season...
170K 4.3K 25
When you met Sam at Stanford, you knew your life would be filled with friendship and support. But you're pulled into the world of the supernatural a...
100K 2K 38
Ever since you were seven you knew something was up with Dean Winchester. You were childhood friends for a couple of months and then just poof? He ge...
242 16 5
"He wanted to run to her, he wanted to make sure she was okay, but he couldn't. That wasn't his place...it was Sam's, he just had to let go" :-: Aft...