Modern-Day Vampire

By sungjoystan

Park Sooyoung is a modern-day vampire who absorbs energy from humans by touching them instead of drinking the... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
To Sooyoung: I love you
A "Touching" Ending - Epilogue

Chapter 54

432 24 7
By sungjoystan

"Do you want to stay with me tonight? We haven't...finished what we started before. So, I want to be..."

"Actually, Sooyoung-ah, I think...I'm kind of tired." Politely rejecting her offer. "We hiked today. And besides, I need to focus on my work, too. We still have a lot of time since we'll keep seeing each other...let's take it slow."

--

"AHH~ MAJOR FAIL." Sooyoung releases a heavy exhale then washes her face in the bathroom. "When will we get to do this..." Patting her face down with a towel. "We were so close last time..."

Life is indeed all about the timing.

Checking her reflection, she cups her cheeks, "Did I get ugly recently? Is that why he's not interested?"

Can't be...

"Ugh! I thought an exhilarating love fantasy would be waiting for me as soon as I returned." Sooyoung groans, "I've held off my desire for so long, too!"

Tossing some old towels in a basket, she heads to the laundry room.

I was kind of hopeful. Now that my family won't be interfering. Also, I know that even with a human, if we can control it well enough, there shouldn't be any problems. I thought we could be together without any real worries now...

Opening the washing machine, she adds the dirty load then detergent. Closing the lid, she chooses the cycle and presses start. Frustrated, she slams the basket on top of the washer. "Who knew he'd be this busy!!" The machine starts shaking and startles her, but soon she realizes it's only because the washing cycle began. "Ugh, I want to hug him soon..." She admits. "I want to be... more like a couple with him."

Ah, well. No need to rush. It's like he said, we have lots of time!

-

"Do you want to stay with me tonight? We haven't finished what we started before."

"No." Sungjae ruffles his hair, "Why am I thinking like an idiot. Sooyoung...she wouldn't..."

I found myself avoiding it. I trust Sooyoung. And I trust the emotions that she has shown me. That is that! All there is to it!

But there's a side of me...that doubts it. Do I really think what I'm seeing is entirely true? Think about it. Why would she choose someone like me? Doesn't it seem...odd? What if she was just toying with me from the start?

Sungjae clenches the material of his shirt. His chest hurts.

No way. No way.

He starts heavily panting.

There's no way. It took me so much time and effort to open up myself to her. The only one I did that with but if....

I...am abandoned again...

I'll...

--

A female representative from the magazine company steps into the room. She introduces herself to Sooyoung. Turning on the tape recorder, she places it on the coffee table, "let's begin the interview now. Shall we?"

Sooyoung nods in agreement. The woman continues, "it's nothing difficult. So, don't think to hard about your answers. Our aim is to try to get our domestic models more recognition. Hence, just say what's on your mind."

Sooyoung nods in concurrence. 

Taking out her laptop and setting it on her lap, the woman starts: "Miss. Park Sooyoung, you were chosen to be the first in the nation to represent the prestigious UX brand, how do you feel about it?"

"It feels like an absolute dream. It's something I have always wanted to do since debut. I'm honored to be chosen and I am also considering it a great opportunity. I plan to work really hard."

"I saw the pictures with the male partner. The atmosphere was just fantastic. Is he your boyfriend?"

Sooyoung stammers, "Ah...a-a-at the time, he was just a friend..."

The reporter gets excited, " 'at the time' meaning things are different now?!"

Embarrassed, Sooyoung starts, "it just sort of happened...haha"

"KYAAA~ Shall we talk about that first to lighten the mood?"

"Heh?! You seem eager..."

"Please! Tell me! Will you?"

"Well, see.." Sooyoung spills the beans. The reporter takes in every word she says and types aggressively away on her laptop.

The woman turns off the recorder. "Great job!" Packing her belongings, "Thank you for answering so well. You were the first up and I think we are off to a good start."

Sooyoung giggles, "I had fun, too." Before the reporter leaves, she asks, "uh...so, when will this be expected to print?"

The woman replies, "hmmm well, if we interview all the other models and edit. Maybe in two or three months?"

Sooyoung nods, "Okay! Then when it's published, please send me a copy."

--

Walking out of the room, Sooyoung heavily exhales due to exhaustion. Interviews are pretty drawing. However, she stops her tracks as she is surprised to catch a glimpse of Minjae talking to some staff. 

"Hey, Minjae!" She calls out to him.

--

*click* "Yes, just like that." *click*

Dohwan straights his jacket. *click*

"Excellent shots!" The photographer informs him, "It'll take me a while to choose the best one."

Dohwan chuckles, "Nothing new though, right? I've always looked great~"

"You don't handle compliments well, do you?" The photographer pats him on the back, "Great job."

"Where's Minjae? We need to check the accessories for the next concept." A staff member said. "He stepped out with some girl." Another replied. Dohwan's attention redirected to their conversation. "You know, errrrr that model he knows well, Park Sooyoung?" The woman nods, "Well, he said he'll just talk to her briefly."

--

"This is cool, I didn't think I'd run into you here." Sooyoung comments as they make their way to an empty bench.

Minjae chimes in, "Yeah, a shoot at the same studio." 

Suddenly, Sooyoung realizes something, "You weren't in the middle of one, right? Like you are allowed to be out here?" She doesn't want him to get into any trouble.

Minjae reassures her that it is ok, "Individual shots are all done. Also, congrats on being the UX model, I saw the article."

"Oh~ I got lucky. But anyway, how have you been? How is the prep for the come back?"

He informs her that all preparations for the comeback have been completed. After the photoshoot today, things should be smooth sailing. He chuckles, "Everyone just needs to make sure they don't get hurt. We pushed it off once, so we should be cautious."

She nods, "Ah, I got it. Must be hard being the leader. Lots to take care of..."

He shrugs, "It has always been this way."

Awkwardly, she asks, "How's...Dohwan?"

"Well enough. Sings and laughs like he used to. Like he has always been. At least from the outside."

"I see." 

"And you? How's it going with that guy?"

"We..." She gushes, "ARE STILL GREAT~"

Minjae scoffs, "Yeah, looks like it.."

"It's a bit iffy because it seems like it is one sided on my part, but..."

"We both have our own lives. If you consider every little thing your partner feels then you have no life of your own. So, when things are good, we should only focus on the good." 

"Hmm...Hey Minjae, I am curious about something."

"About?"

"What do you think about Dohwan?"

With a straight face, he goes, "I LIKE WOMEN."

She laughs, "No, not about that! I meant that he's a vampire!" elaborating, "because you accepted him, even when you found out he was a vampire. You're a special case and it makes me curious, as a vampire dating a human, how you accepted him the way he was."

"I wasn't always so understanding..." Minjae admits that ultimately, it's about your 'frame' of mind. When you look at people, you view them through overlapping frames. For example, if Dohwan were to tell him from the beginning, he would have never tried to become his friend. However, the more he got to know him and the more time he spent with Dohwan –Minjae had already formed the best kind of 'frame' for Dohwan. Hence, it didn't matter to him that he was a vampire. That's why he was so accepting because at first glance...it was just him. It's just Dohwan, not Dohwan the vampire.

Minjae sighs, "but as you said, I'm a special case. Most of the time it's different. It's hard for people to accept a new 'frame'. Because sometimes you get perceived as a totally different entity. For you, Sooyoung, it was natural because I had already accepted the frame regarding vampires, then I met you."

Sooyoung interrupts him, "So, the best 'frame' you had for Dohwan. What was it?"

"...hmm." He takes a moment to think, "...you may not understand as someone who doesn't 'create' for a living but maybe something like a 'muse'."

--

Minjae takes his leave and walks back to the set for his next shoot. "Where have you been?" Dohwan stops him. "Our stylist was looking for you. We are starting a different concept shoot soon."

"Ah...just stepped out for a second...to get some air."

Scoffing at his response, "...liar. Don't say such stupid things to spare my feelings."

--

Frame of mind...

I wonder what kind of frame Sungjae holds me in. A pretty and kind girlfriend?

Someday, I'll have to tell him, right? But, I don't have the courage to right now. Maybe after we've become closer...I will be able to be more honest?

Right! I will confirm our love first! Tonight, I am getting closer to him!

--

Sooyoung: Sungjae! Just finished the shoot. I'm on my way <3

After reading the text, he couldn't help but feel melancholy.

--

Sungjae opens the door, "Ah, Sooyoung...how was work?" He asks half-heartedly.

Cheerfully, she tells him, "I was interviewed today and it was fun and the writer was nice. By the way, have you had dinner?"

"No, not yet..."

Joyfully, she held up a plastic bag, "Ta-da! I figured you didn't, so I picked up something awesome!"

Creasing his brows, "Something awesome?"

"It's eel donburi." She giggles, "It's supposed to be good for your stamina~ If you eat this, you'll have boundless energy."

Displeased by her response, he turns his back and starts walking inside, "I don't really feel like eating right now. I'll eat it later. Come on in."

Quietly, she mummers, "oh...ok..." as she tails after him. Attempting to break the awkward silence, she asks, "So, were you working?"

He gives her a brief reply, "Yeah, just this and that..."

"You seem really busy these days." She comments.

"A bit..."

Her sudden placement of hands on his shoulders made him stop. "Do you want a massage? It's bad for your back to sit in front of the computer for too long. Lie down for a second. I'll make it better."

He brushes her off, "no, it's fine. I'm ok. You must be tired, too, from working today..." Sungjae makes his way to the kitchen, "Do you want something to drink? Coffee?"

"Yeah, sure." She sighs as she looks down at her hand.

Sitting down at the couch with their drinks, Sooyoung asks, "Is something the matter? You seem down..."

"What?"

"Just...you kind of look tired."

"...that's how I look when I'm working." Breathing out heavily, "and there are a few things on my mind."

Suddenly, she snugs up against his neck. "Don't think about anything right now. Just concentrate on being with me. You need to give your brain a break. It's been so long since we've had the opportunity to sit like this, just us. You've been so busy since I got back."

"...sorry." He apologizes.

Hugging his arm, she looks up at him, "if you're sorry, give me a kiss. A peck. We haven't had much physical contact lately, either. Never, since my return. I have been waiting all this time."

Complying to her request, he presses his lips against her's.

Ah...it's been so long. It's as good as I remember. To be with Sungjae like this...

As he pulls away, she grabs ahold of his cheeks and whips him in for a deeper kiss. "OOF!! MMF!! AACK!!" Sungjae tries to push her off.

"W-WOOOAHHH!! Sorry, Sungjae...!!" Raising both arms in the air, "It has been so long I lost control...!!!"

Whew- crap. I almost lost myself. But I mean, I'd been holding back for so long. To get that far and then to have nothing, so my body acted on its own accord...

Out of the blue, her hand glued onto his chest. Sungjae glares at her.

$#%@#!@$!!!

Retreating, "ACCCK! Sorry! This is, I mean...I didn't mean to...!!! A lack of physical contact for a month, I was starving...I mean!" She starts hesitating, "What I mean is...see...it's been so long and..." Before she knew it, she was on top of him, "Anyway, I don't really know either but...!!!"

"Uh...Sooyoung?" Sungjae watches her with a pained expression.

The heat is surely overtaking her, "Haha, since we're here." She restricts his arms from any sort of movement, "And no one is around to disturb us...I want to get close to you ASAP. I know you want to as well. So, we should..."

"...why?" He says hurt. "Why do you want to sleep with me?" 

--

SUPER EARLY UPDATE - STREAM DUMHDURUM!!!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.6K 2.9K 35
A 22 year old college intern Yook Sungjae discovered a historical curse about Queen Park Soo Young 500 years ago. To his surprise he met a girl with...
79.7K 4.4K 59
"You lied to me! Tell me.. how did you do it, witch." He growled as he held me against the wall, choking me. Lee Seoyeon is your average girl. At lea...
5K 514 76
'When the sun rises, no vampire can survive after 91 days. The moment sunlight touches his heart on the 92nd day, he will disintegrate from this univ...
121K 6K 39
➀ park seonghwa, a cold discreet vampire, that's how they describe him. truthfully, the vampire isn't cold, he's just keeping up his guard. the vampi...