Checkmate: THE NEXT LEVEL (R)

Galing kay Love_Bri94

Mya and Chris take on the married life. Will they be able to handle all of the obstacles that it brings Tim... Higit pa

One
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
TwentyOne
TwentyTwo
TwentyThree
TwentyFour
TwentyFive
TwentySix
TwentySeven
TwentyEight
TwentyNine
Thirty
ThirtyOne
ThirtyTwo
ThirtyThree
ThirtyFour
ThirtyFive
ThirtySix
ThirtySeven
ThirtyEight
ThirtyNine
Forty
FortyOne
FortyTwo
FortyThree
FortyFour
FortyFive
FortySix
FortySeven
FortyEight
FortyNine
Fifty
FiftyOne
FiftyTwo
FiftyThree
FiftyFour
FiftyFive
FiftySix
FiftySeven
FiftyEight
🫢🏽
FiftyNine
Sixty
SixtyOne
SixtyTwo
🫠
Bonus Ch.1 - Breezy Knows Best
Bonus Ch.2 - Chatting With the Andersons
Bouns Ch 3. - Causing Trouble
πŸ™„πŸ˜’

Two

10K 451 296
Galing kay Love_Bri94

Chapter Two
Mariah Anderson
Los Angeles, California - Mya's Fashions

"Here's your bag sweetie, thanks for stopping in." I smiled and handed my last customer of the day her items. Once she left out the store, I let out a deep sigh.

I'm fucking exhausted.

I love my sister to death and I'd do anything for her but handling this store has taken its toll on me. Even fully staffed I've been feeling like I'm still doing everything on my own. I've been trying to find the time to talk to Mya about us revamping this whole place but our schedules are always conflicting.

On top of all of that, my ex husband is trying to sue me for custody of my kids. He's saying that my life is too hectic to fully support them and he's using the fact that I moved them out to LA without his consent, which is a bunch of bullshit.

I haven't told anybody about what's going on cause it seems like everybody has been off in their own worlds lately.

After locking up once everything was cleaned and all the girls were gone, I headed to the back to grab my things so that I could leave. When I walked out, I saw somebody sitting on my car, causing me to stop.

I was about to turn around and head back inside until that person called my name and goosebumps popped up all over my body. "Mariah!"

I slowly turned back around and looked at my ex-husband Mario. "What are you doing here?"

"You know why I'm here. I'm sure you've received those court papers by now." He said while walking closer to me.

"Why you doing this Mario? I got enough on my plate, I don't have time to deal with you and your petty ass games."

"The fact that you think you can just keep my kids from me is fucking hilarious. Yeah we had our issues but I was a damn good father."

"Boy stop it! Me and your mother raised those kids. All you cared about was fucking some thirsty ass bitch and that stupid business of yours."

He let out that evil laugh that always made my stomach turn. "You such a damn liar."

"I need to get to my babies. Get off my car please." I walked past him, well tried. He grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I haven't been face to face with him in four years. "Let me go."

"Just let me see them man. That's all I want."

I've loved this man since I was 16 years old. He was my first everything. I didn't go through a hoe phase like my sisters did. I fell for the first man that ever touched me. And sometimes I wish that I didn't because he was the wrong person to give my all too.

But even though he has put me through hell, I can't keep his children away from him. "We can meet up somewhere tomorrow."

"Damn tomorrow. Why can't I see them tonight?"

"It's late and they have to get in bed."

"It's the weekend Riah. I know they'll be excited to see me....please. I'm begging you right now."

"I shouldn't let you do anything. You're trying to sue me. You shouldn't even be here."

"We can talk all this out. I just need to see them, I miss my babies so damn much Mariah. Just a few minutes with them. That's all I need."

I rolled my eyes then looked up at him while thinking for a while.. "Just an hour and then they have to go to bed. I have to go pick them up from my moms. I'll text you my address."

"Ok cool.....thanks."

"Can you let me go now?"

"Oh shit, my bad."

"And get the hell off my car."

He laughed standing up. "My bad....I see LA been really doing you well."

"It definitely has." I got in my car, started it and quickly pulled off. On my way to my moms house, I tried to stay calm and pretend like I was okay, but it definitely felt like I was about to break.

He just fucking popped up out of nowhere. He did that a lot when we were married. I figured out that he was cheating on me, because of his habit of constantly accusing me of cheating on him. Nigga had a whole other life behind my back. He used a fake name, had a Instagram page where I was nowhere to be found, or our kids.

And to put the cherry on top he was abusive from time to time. When we were in Miami for Memorial Day and Mya almost found out, I damn near had a panic attack. My brothers and my father will gladly kill this man if they found out about everything.

Walking into my moms house, I kicked off my shoes. I could hear COD playing really loud and I already knew Aden was stuck in front of a TV. I walked into the living lroom and he was in front of the TV just as I expected but that's not what shocked me. What shocked me was my damn brother Brian, sitting on the couch playing too.

"Um excuse me. What the hell are you doing in California?" I said while gently pushing his shoulder.

He looked back at me and laughed. "Mya told me to come out. She said she wanted to talk to everybody about something."

"Ain't nobody dying right?" I sat down next to him.

"Shit, I hope not."

"Right...where's Lilia?"

"Back home. She wanted to come but the kids had events this weekend."

"Y'all should just move here. Everybody else did."

"I've thought about it. I just don't wanna take the kids out of their comfort zone, you know?"

"Yeah. It was hard getting the kids adjusted especially with the different time zones and everything. It took a few months before they finally got it down."

"I'm still thinking about it though. I feel like I'm missing out on a lot. Shit I barely know Landon and y'all the same with my kids. We need to be closer."

"Well you and Mya seem to always bump heads whenever she's around."

"I'm just looking out for her that's all. You know how crazy it is to open social media and see my baby sisters face plastered over a bunch of blogs because this nigga cheated on her? And to make shit worse it happened while she was pregnant. I know she was going through it and that hurt me. That's why I was never buddy buddy with that nigga when he came around. Tim kisses his ass because he's Chris Brown. That's not happening with me."

"That situation was terrible. I was there from the beginning until the end. I saw Mya go through every emotion. And as bad as I wanted to be super angry with Chris I couldn't because I had to be there for my sister. I've been in her position so I knew that she needed support. I hang around Chris and he's nothing like what the media portrays him to be. He has the biggest heart and he loves our sister and our nephew to death. When they broke up, it took him a while to get things right but when he did, he came out a whole new man and I can't do nothing but respect him after that. So Brian, I know you're trying to be the protective big brother but you should really put your pride to the side and at least have a conversation with the man."

He sighed. "I'll think about it."

"Okay."

He's going to go crazy probably when he sees she's pregnant again. I know he probably is trying to protect Mya but he loves to treat her like she's still a teenager. The girl is about to be 30, he gotta start treating her like it.

Before I could say anything else, my phone started ringing and Mario's name came across the screen. I quickly declined it then sent him a text to let Him know I'd be home in 15 minutes.

"Mario? Thought you hated him?" Brian said.

"I do. He popped up here asking to see the kids. I haven't told anybody but he's trying to get full custody of them. He claims that I'm too busy for them but he's barely thought about them since I've moved here."

"A nigga asking to see his kids in the middle of the night, is up to no good. Be careful Riah."

"I am, don't worry."

"Alright, if you need me, call me."

"Okay....Aden, go get your sister and let's go."

"Ma, I need 30 more minutes." Aden protested. My baby is a preteen and it's killing me how fast he grew up.

"You can play this at home, let's go. I'm tired."

He huffed and puffed while tossing the controller hard on the phone.

"Aye nigga, don't do that shit in front of me." Brian said. "Pick that controller up and go do what the hell she said and without a damn attitude."

Without a question, Aden did exactly what Brian told him, causing me to roll my eyes. "He listens to every fucking body but me." I shook my head.

"Start punching him in the chest, he'll listen."

While I waited on the kids, I checked my work phone, and checked our emails. Mya usually keeps that all up to date but I try and help her.

Aden and Ava eventually came down.

"Okay, I'm leaving." I said while getting up. Brian got up too then hugged me.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow. I don't know what Mya need to talk about."

"Probably nothing, she's just been very dramatic lately."

Brian shook his head before hugging the kids.

The whole ride home, I just thought about turning around, cutting off my phone and staying at my parents house. I just don't want to deal with Mario's toxic bullshit.

I know my babies will be happy to see him even though he hasn't been around for a while, especially Ava. She's very much a daddy's girl while Aden is always under me. Seems like that's always how it is.

Pulling up to the house, I drove into the driveway and parked the car.

"Is that daddy?"Ava asked.

"Yeah....unfortunately." I whispered the end.

She jumped out the car and hurried over to him.

"What is he doing here?" Aden asked.

"He wants to see you guys."

"Why wait so long?"

"You gotta ask him that Pooh." I grabbed my bags and climbed out then went and unlocked the door. I wanted a long shower and a cold glass of wine.

As soon as I stepped inside, I kicked off my shoes then headed upstairs to take a shower. I'll let them spend their time together. Once I put my stuff away, I grabbed some pajamas and went into the bathroom.

My phone started ringing. I lifted it and saw it was Tim. I don't have time for his craziness so I sent him to voicemail. Whatever foolishness he needs to say will have to wait. When I climbed in the shower and the hot water finally hit my body I felt so much better. I could feel the tension leaving the longer I stood there.

Even a few tears fell.

I'm just feeling so down today and I hate that.

I'm so ready to be fully happy. I'm ready to move on. I've tried dating but was always so scared because of my marriage. That man has scarred me. But I can't let him continue to have control over my happiness.

It's time to start putting me first and all the bullshit last.

••••••

My shower lasted about an hour. Thank god for a good water system because it never got cold. Once I got out, I slipped on my shirt and shorts then dried my hair as much as I could before heading downstairs.

I walked into the living room. Ava was under her dad, knocked out and Aden was nowhere to be found.

"Everything good?" I asked while sitting down.

"Kind of." He said while rubbing his hand over Avas hair.

"I'm guessing Aden wasn't too happy to see you."

"His reaction wasn't what I expected."

"Maybe if he was younger, he'd been just as happy as Ava. He's not a baby anymore."

"I know. I just didn't expect a cold shoulder though. He just gave me a head nod and headed upstairs. Wouldn't even give me a hug.....why you have to move to the other side of the country?"

"Me moving shouldn't have stopped you from seeing them. You could've easily got on a plane and came to them. You could've asked for them. They should have spent their breaks from school with you. You acted like we didn't matter. When I first came to LA and they were still in Florida, your mom had them because you just couldn't sit still and be a damn father."

"I fucked up Mariah, I know that! I'm trying to fix it."

"How? By running to the courts and telling them that I'm an unfit mother when we both know that's a fucking lie. Then you got the nerve to just pop up and think I'm going to be so happy to see you. I think the fuck not. You continue to put me through hell. I'm over it."

He sighed. "I was just reacting off emotions, not trying to face the music and admit to me being the one that actually fucked up. I'm truly sorry Mariah and I really hope you can give me a chance to prove that to you and the kids."

"I don't need you to prove anything to me. I'm good. It's all about my babies. It's time for you finally step up and be the dad you're supposed to be."  

"I will. I promise."

"Where are you staying?"

"Bouta go check into my hotel in a minute."

"There's a guest room you can use."

"I don't wanna be a burden."

"Oh trust me, you occupying that room is no burden to me. Besides, I need to hear you tell your lawyer tomorrow to close that case you have pending because it's a bunch of bullshit."

He just looked at me before nodding. "I got you."

"I'm going to bed." I headed upstairs to my room. When I shut and locked the door, I laid down. As soon as my head hit the pillow tears fell down my face.

It's time to officially let go.

Move on Mariah, enjoy your life.

It's time.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.5K 90 21
Tatiana Mardones lives in the same apartment building as this cute guy named Micheal Hawkins, with her boyfriend Tevin and their son Xavier. When Mic...
6.5K 133 30
Ciara never been so wrong in her life. After she meets Trae, a multi millionaire drug dealer she experience love for the first time. As there relati...
7.9K 457 37
Jordan is facing years in federal prison, while Giselle is forced to hold down the household on her own. She moves her children and business to Los...
292K 10.7K 63
She never thought she would find someone that she could fall so fast in love with. He changed everything. He showed her that she could have someone...