Honest

love_for_aug tarafından

"All I want you to be with me is honest..." *Not mandatory to read these books in order, but if you want a b... Daha Fazla

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46

37

1.4K 101 38
love_for_aug tarafından

  Sitting on the bedroom floor, Deja finished up with wrapping the presents she had bought for everyone. Tomorrow was Christmas morning, meaning that both Deja and Mason would be leaving the apartment whenever he got back to go spend the night of Christmas Eve with his family.

Tomorrow would also be the day that Deja finally went to see her father, against his knowledge of course. She planned on surprising him. He knew that his mother would be coming, as she did every Christmas, he just didn't know that his daughter would be accompanying her.

To say she was excited would be an understatement. Just the thought of being able to see and be in the presence of her father again, had her in the best mood she had been in for a while.

Finally getting to Mason's two presents, she decided to wrap his Christmas present first, which didn't take long, then moved on to his birthday present.

Luckily, Deja was home alone due to Mason being out to do some last minute gift shopping, meaning she was able to set up for his little birthday celebration that she had planned out for him.

Once his birthday present was wrapped, she sat it aside and put all the Christmas presents into one pile.

Before she could get up from the floor, she stopped at the feeling of her cat rubbing against her back, making her smile.

"Hey baby." She smiled, gently stroking the cats back as she looked down at her. "Oh Jesus, I didn't feed you today did I? I'm a horrible a mother." She sighed, and instantly stood up to go in the kitchen.

Just as expected, she found Dior's food bowl completely empty and shook her head at herself. Since she had forgotten to feed her kitty, she decided to treat her and opened the pantry cabinet, grabbing a can of tuna fish.

"You need to hurry up and eat this before Mason gets back, or he'll be mad at both of us." She said as she opened the can and poured the water out of it. Bending down, she dumped the canned tuna into Dior's food bowl and smiled as she instantly went over and started to scoff it down.

Once she disposed of the can, she heard the oven beep, meaning the dinner she had cooked for Mason was done.

Grabbing a pair of oven mitts, she opened the oven door and grabbed the pan of baked barbecue chicken and potatoes out of it. Once she had the pan placed on the stove top, she reached back into the oven and grabbed the other pan that had asparagus on it.

Leaving the food to start cooling, she grabbed a couple plates out of the cabinet and sat them on the counter. Once she had the plates loaded with food, she sat them on the dining table, then grabbed the lighter that she had in her pocket, using it to light the two candles atop the table as well.

Grabbing her phone, she checked the time, then decided to give Mason a quick call to see how much longer he would be.

Putting the phone to her ear, she leaned against the table, and waited patiently for him to answer.

After hearing it ring almost seven times, she prepared to hang up until he finally answered, catching her a little off guard.

"Hey." He answered, "what's up?"

"Nothing, I was just wondering how much longer you'd be."

"Uh... I'm not sure. The store is literally packed and these lines are crazy. I'm probably gonna be another hour or two. You might wanna just head over to my parents now and I'll meet you there later." He told her, making her frown.

"Are you sure?" She asked, staring at the birthday decorations around the kitchen.

"Yeah. I'll meet you there in a little bit, baby." He assured her.

"Umm... okay." She shrugged. "Are you sure you don't want me to wait for you?"

"Yeah, I don't want you there by yourself waiting up on me. I'll see you in a little bit."

"Okay-" frowning when he hung up the phone, she just sighed and shook her head. "I love you too." She mumbled, rolling her eyes as she tossed her phone on the table.

Crossing her arms, she stared at all the food and decorations she had put out, basically for nothing. Rolling her eyes again, she grabbed all the food and put it in the fridge. Not bothering to even try to clean up all the decorations, she left it all out along with his three birthday presents wrapped on the counter.

She almost debated on just walking the short way to Mason's parents, but she knew that if she did, then she would hear Dayveon's never-ending mouth about it, so she decided to just call him and ask if he could pick her up.

"Hey Sweetie, everything okay?" DJ answered.

"Yeah... I just wanted to ask if you could pick me up. I have a bunch of presents for everyone... too many to walk with."

"Of course." He chuckled. "Where's Mason?"

"He's out doing some last minute shopping and said he's not gonna be done for another couple of hours, so he told me to just go ahead and go to your house and he'll meet us there." She explained.

"Alright. I'm on my way."

"Thank you." She smiled, hanging up the phone.

Tossing her phone aside once again, she pushed herself off of the table and went back in the bedroom. Getting her overnight bag that was already packed, she put it on the shoulder then grabbed as many of the presents as she could carry and took them to the front door, leaving them there along with her bag. Going back in the bedroom, she put her shoes on then grabbed the rest of the presents, taking them to the front door as well.

Once she had all the presents in one spot, she went through the apartment and made sure that all the lights were turned off along with the oven. Once she had double checked everything, she heard a knock on the front door.

Answering it, she smiled when she was greeted with DJ and Amir. Giving them both a quick hug and telling them hi, she watched as the both grabbed some presents while she grabbed her bag. Leaving the apartment, she locked the door behind her and followed them down to the car.

"You okay, Deja?" Amir asked, noticing the small frown on her face.

"Yeah." She smiled. "I'm okay, bud. Thank you for taking some of the presents."

"You're welcome." He smiled, opening the passenger side door for her, which made both her and DJ smile.

"Thank you." She smiled at him, giving him a side hug.

"You're welcome." He smiled at her, waiting until she was inside the car before he closed the door.

Getting in the backseat, he put his seatbelt on just as DJ started driving.

"You sure bought a lot of presents." DJ commented, making her smile.

"We have a lot of family members and friends. And I wanted to get everyone at least two gifts." She explained simply.

"Shoot." Dayveon chuckled. "You better than me."

"What do you mean?" She laughed softly.

"The only people that I got a couple gifts for was the twins, and my wife. Everyone else is only getting one from me." He told her, making her laugh again. "Well I mean... I guess you technically get two. I got something for you, and something for the baby."

"The baby? It's not even here yet."

"No. But I still got it something for when it does get here. And so did Carmen. And Amir and Bless."

"You guys are so sweet." She pouted. "I'm so happy this baby has such a bug and loving family to be born in to."

"Yeah... it's a plus. But it also means that your stuck with us for life no matter what. So sorry." He told her, making her laugh again.

"What are you saying sorry for? That's a huge plus. I love you guys."

"Yeah, we love you too." He chuckled, pulling in front of his house and parking the car. "Go ahead and go inside, Amir and I will grab the presents."

"Okay. Thank you for giving me a ride."

"You're welcome." He smiled at her.

Getting out of the car, Deja grabbed her overnight bag and headed inside the house, instantly being welcomed in by the smell of dinner and the festive atmosphere. The first thing she saw was the Christmas tree that wasn't yet decorated but had all the boxes of decorations sitting in front of it along with some of the presents. Looking around, she just smiled at the sight of all the Christmas decorations hung up around the house. Not only that, but the festive candles that Carmen had burning only welcomed Deja in more and put her in probably the best mood she could ask for.

"Hey Deja." Blessing smiled, coming up to give her a soft hug, being careful of Deja's small bump.

"Hey Bless." Deja smiled, hugging her back. "How are you?"

"I'm good. How's the baby?" She asked.

"He or she is just fine." Deja chuckled softly.   "Unusually small, but good."

"It is small, huh? Uncle Ants fiancé was way bigger than you are at almost four months."

"Yeah, that's what everyone keeps saying. But the doctors assured me that the baby is perfectly healthy."

"That's good. Are you excited?"

"I am." Deja nodded. "I've never been more excited about something before, actually."

"That's good. I'm excited too."

"Yeah?"

"Mhm, I can't wait to be an aunt. You'll let me babysit right?"

"Of course. You can babysit, come over, anything you want. This is going to be your little niece or nephew."

"I can't wait." Blessing smiled. "Where's Mason?"

"He's out doing some shopping. He'll be here soon."

"Oh... well you can go put your stuff in his old room I guess, daddy said that's where your guys are sleeping."

"Okay." Deja smiled. "I'll be back down in a few minutes."

Walking into the apartment, Mason slammed the door shut and let out a heavy sigh.

Taking a small breath, he walked into the kitchen and tossed his keys on the counter, his heart dropping when he saw the decorations and presents sitting on the table.

"Fuck." He mumbled, wiping his mouth as he looked at what Deja had set up, instantly feeling beyond horrible.

He could still smell the faint scent of whatever Deja had cooked for him, which only added to the hurt he felt. He knew that he must've hurt her feelings by telling her to go to his parents early, because he knew she must have spent hours setting this up, only for it to go unappreciated.

Forcing himself out of the kitchen, he went straight to his bathroom, wanting to take a quick shower then head to his parents house. He knew tonight was supposed to be their traditional night of festivities, but all he wanted to do was lay in bed with Deja, and hold her, and talk with her, which was something he had been avoiding for a couple weeks now. He knew he was growing distant with Deja, but he couldn't help it. Something inside of him just felt off. His spirit felt uneven, and he was unintentionally taking it out on the one person he loved endlessly.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Mason?" He mumbled.

Hearing his phone ding, he instantly looked down at it and unlocked his phone, bringing the message he had gotten into view. Staring at the picture that was sent to him, he instantly felt sick to his stomach.

Sighing, he swiped out of the message thread and clicked his phone off before placing it on the bathroom sink.

Turning the shower on, he quickly stripped out of his clothes and tossed them in the hamper.

Once he felt he had scrubbed himself as clean as he possibly could, he got out of the shower, got dressed, packed some overnight clothes, then headed to his parents house, all while mentally preparing himself to be faced with the woman he loved.

Once he made it to his parents, he parked behind his dads car and got out, grabbing the bag of already wrapped presents out of his backseat.

Walking up to the house, he had to stop and take a few breaths before actually opening the front door and going inside, where he was instantly met with the sound of laughter and music. Thankfully, nobody was in the living room, which is where he went first so he could place the presents under the tree.

"Mason."

Jumping a little at the sound of his name, Mason turned around and let out a small breath or relief when he was met by his father, but his relief soon vanished when he saw the look DJ was giving him.

"Where were you?" DJ asked, walking a little closer to Mason so that their conversation could remain hushed.

"Deja didn't tell you? I was at the store. I needed to get everyone presents."

"I know it's Christmas Eve, but I really think we need to talk. Whether it's something we want to do or not."

"Okay... talk about what?" He frowned.

"You." He shrugged. "What's been going on with you?"

"Nothing." He frowned again. "What makes you think that something's going on?"

"Because you're not acting like yourself. You've been dodging my calls for about a week now, you never call me. The first time I had heard from you all week was yesterday when you decided to tell me Deja was pregnant, and that you're moving to Georgia with us. But I've noticed that yesterday, and even today, that Deja looks terrible. Absolutely terrible. You're acting weird and she looks sad as fuck every time I see her. And lucky for you, she wouldn't tell me a damn thing when I asked her about you. She was dead set on making sure she didn't say a single negative thing about you... so now I'm going to ask you. What the fuck is going on?"

"Nothing is going on, dad." Mason told him, a deep frown on his face as he quickly became worked up.

"Are you upset that she's pregnant?"

"What? No." He quickly denied, being beyond truthful. "I'm not upset about that, at all. Look dad, I love you. But for once, I need you to not be in my business. Let me handle my own shit."

"Okay, Mason. I get you're trying to be grown, but most of the time, if I'm not guiding you, you end up doing some stupid shit. I'll let you do whatever it is you're doing on your own, but let me be very clear right now. That woman in there is your girlfriend, and not only that, she's the mother of your unborn child. She is not supposed to be so upset that she constantly looks like she's trying her damndest not to cry. It looks like it's taking every ounce of her energy just to smile and laugh with us. She's hurt, Mason. And all I'm going to say, is it better not be because of you. Cause if it is, I will beat your fucking ass. You know better."

Staring back at him, Mason just shook his head and let out a small sigh. He wasn't used to hearing his dad speak that way towards him, but in a way, he knew he deserved it. But that didn't stop him from becoming pissed off.

Not saying anything back, he walked around his father and went upstairs to his old bedroom, where he could see that Deja had already placed her things, so he placed his bag right next to hers and took a seat on the bed.

Grabbing his phone, he opened his and Deja's message thread, and asked her to come see him upstairs.

Sitting his phone down, he placed his face in his hands and took slow, deep breaths while he waited for her.

"Hey... you okay?" Deja asked, frowning as she walked into the bedroom and saw the position he was in.

"Yeah." He mumbled and looked up at her. "Come here."

Closing the door, she walked over to him and was taken by surprise when he grabbed the back of her thighs and pulled her body between his legs.

"Mase... what's wrong?" She asked him, placing her hands on his shoulders as he rested his head against her stomach and wrapped his arms securely around her.

"Why didn't you tell me you set something up for my birthday?" He asked, staring at the wall while he rested the side of his face against her small belly.

"What? How did you know-"

"I stopped by the apartment to take a shower and grab some clothes for tomorrow, and I saw all the decorations and presents. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because it was supposed to be a surprise." She shrugged. "I just figured that we could celebrate tomorrow night when we went back home."

"I'm sorry, baby." He sighed, hugging her a little tighter.

"Sorry for what? You didn't do anything wrong."

"I feel like I hurt your feelings... I feel like I've been hurting your feelings, and I'm so fucking sorry. You've been putting your all into this relationship and I haven't. I've been distracted, and I'm sorry."

"Mase... it's okay." She tried to reassure him.

"No, it's not." He frowned, finally looking up at her. "I don't want to hurt you. I really don't but- baby I'm fucked up. And it has nothing to do with you. I don't know where this shit came from... but I don't feel like myself. It's like I woke up one morning and I just... I felt different. And then I started saying mean shit to you when we would argue... I blamed you for the pregnancy and tried to make you feel bad, when I would never do that. I don't know what's been going on, babe. I don't."

"Mason, I forgave you for that stuff already." She told him as she took a seat on his leg. "But I think all of this is stemming from you not being in church anymore. That church was a part of you, baby. And when you stopped going, you started losing yourself. I honestly think that you need to get back into the swing of going to church, praying, and reading the Bible. It's the only way you'll find yourself again."

"I know... but I just don't have the time for that anymore-"

"Then make time, baby. Take an hour to yourself every night and just read the Bible. Take one Sunday each week, and go to church, because you need it. You have to get back into your routine, Mason. Or you'll continue to feel the way you do." She told him. "I want you to be happy, I don't want you to feel the way you do right now."

"Okay." He sighed, staring down at her thighs while he bit down on his bottom lip, his eyes starting to burn. "I love you, Deja. And I feel like I haven't been saying it enough lately."

"I love you too." She told him. "And I'm sorry but... I need to ask you something."

"Okay..."

Gently grabbing his face, she lifted his head, forcing him to look her in the eyes as she tried to build up the courage to ask her devastating question.

"You um... I feel like you've been pretty secretive lately." She said and cleared her throat. "You've been leaving the room to take calls, paying more attention to your phone than me, and you're gone for hours at a time... and when I call you, it's like you rush me off the phone. So I just have to ask... would you ever do anything that you know would hurt me?"

Staring at her, he sighed softly and placed his hands on either side of her face, holding it gently as he stared in her eyes, and answered her question.

"No. Baby... I would never do something with the intention to hurt you. Okay? Never."

"Okay." She smiled softly, letting out a small sigh of relief.

"Come here." He mumbled, wrapping his arms a little tighter around her as he held her against his chest, hugging her.

Wrapping her arms around his neck, she hugged him back and closed her eyes, finally feeling the security she had been craving from him for the past two weeks.

"I love you." He mumbled into hair.

"I love you too."

"And... I lied to you today, baby. And even though it was for a good reason... I still feel guilty." He admitted.

"What do you mean?" She frowned, pulling back so she could look at him as her heart sank.

"The reason I was out so late today, was because I had to stop somewhere before I went gift shopping for everyone... and I spent such a long time there because the people had pissed me off and tried to tell me that what I had ordered for you, and spent a lot of money on, wasn't ready, when I had been talking to them for weeks now about that order. So I spent like two hours just at this little store... and I was still there when you called, that's why I had to rush you off the phone. I didn't want you to overhear the guy talking about what it was I got for you." He explained.

"Oh... I'm sorry for overthinking that." She apologized, frowning at herself from the assumption she allowed herself to make.

"It's okay, baby. I'm not upset. I just... I felt bad about lying to you, and when I went home and saw that you had set all that stuff up for me... it really hurt my heart because I felt like I had really hurt your feelings. And when my dad just said that shit to me downstairs about you looking all sad... it really fucked me up for a minute, because I don't want to hurt you. I know I haven't been myself and that I've been making you feel like you're the only one fighting for this relationship, and I'm trying to fix it."

"Baby, it's okay." She assured him. "You didn't do anything wrong, it's Christmas Eve, and you apologized. So let's stop being so sad, and go have fun. I have a dinner to help your mom finish, and then we have a tree to decorate. So come on."

"Okay." He smiled.

Getting up, he grabbed her by the hand and began to lead her down the hall towards the stairs, only to stop and look at her when she froze in her spot, a look of surprise covering her face.

"What?" He frowned, watching her closely.

"Oh babe... it's moving." She smiled, her eyes filling with tears as she looked down at her still very small stomach, unable to believe that she was able to actually feel her baby turning within her.

"The baby?" He asked, smiling as well as he took a step closer to her and placed his hands on her stomach, but didn't feel any type of movement whatsoever. "I don't feel it."

"I do." She smiled, still staring down at her stomach with a look of pure fascination on her face. "Babe, it feels amazing." She could just barely feel the small movement, but considering she had been waiting for this moment since she found out, it excited her to the max, even though it was so small.

Smiling at the look of happiness on her face, Mason grabbed her and pulled her against him, giving her a tight side hug as he kissed the side of her face.

Still in awe at what she had experienced, she let Mason guide her down the stairs while she continued to smile like a fool.

Seeing the couple come down the stairs, Dayveon looked at them and smiled softly to himself. Seeing the way both Deja and his son were smiling, let him know that Mason must have taken heed to the words he spoke to him, and fixed what was either breaking, or already broken between them.

"I'm gonna go help your mom, okay?" Deja said.

"Okay, baby." He smiled and bent down to peck her lips. "I'll be in here."

Nodding, Deja went into the kitchen where Carmen and Blessing were, while Mason went into the living room with his father and brother, taking a seat on the couch next to them.

"You guys good?" DJ asked, looking at Mason.

"Yeah, we're fine." He assured him. "And I'm sorry for talking to you like that earlier. I know you were just trying to help, but I was frustrated. I just talked to Deja about it, because I have been treating her like crap the past couple of weeks. I've been doing my own thing, not taking her feelings into consideration... I've been being a pretty bad boyfriend to her, but while I was acting like that, I was just trying to get something in order for her, and that's what we talked about. I apologized to her."

"Alright." DJ nodded. "What had you so stressed out that you were taking it out on her?"

"Um..." trailing off, he scratched his neck nervously and chuckled.

"What?" DJ frowned at him, along with Amir who said nothing, but was definitely interested.

"I know it might seem like it's too soon... but I bought an engagement ring." He admitted.

"A what?" DJ asked, his eyes widening as he frowned slightly. "Mason, you are aware of how old you are right? You're twenty one."

"I know, dad. But she's already pregnant with my kid. Just because I propose now, doesn't mean we need to get married now. I figured we'd be engaged for a few years... probably get married when we're like twenty three or twenty four."

"Then why propose now?" DJ frowned. "Why not wait until you're twenty three? What's the rush?"

"I just want to." He shrugged. "I want to be with her forever, I know I'm going to be with her forever, so why do I have to wait to do something when I know I'm going to do it anyways?"

"Because you're young. But go ahead and do what you want. It's not my life." DJ shrugged. "If you think you're ready for that, then good luck."

"You don't think I'm ready?" Mason frowned.

"Does it matter what I think? You told me to stay out of your business remember? So I will. And I'll support whatever decision you make. But like I said, it's not my life. Who knows, doing that might be the best decision you'll ever make. But you won't know until you do it."

"Before your proposed to mom... were you scared?" He asked.

"I was fucking terrified." He chuckled. "Not because I thought she would say no, but because I was afraid of fucking up. I was scared of fumbling over my words, or something getting messed up in the process of going into it. Because with me... I had the whole family in on setting it up. So if they were to have made one mistake, she could've found out and the whole thing would have been ruined. But... marrying that woman was the absolute best decision I could've ever made."

"And... how did you know she was the one." He asked, making DJ smile softly as he stared down at his own wedding band and bit down on his lip.

"She was just different... than all the other women I had been in relationships with. Things they judged me for, she didn't even notice. What made me fall in love with her, was the fact that she didn't mind that I lived with my mother, and slept in a basement. The girl I was with before your mom, never stayed with me down there because she said it made her feel like less of a woman. Carmen didn't hesitate to stay there with me. Her and I thrived in that basement, we fell in love in that basement, we've had unforgettable memories in that basement. I truly and honestly believe that she's my other half. And I know you don't know this, but before I met her-" cutting himself off, he glanced at Amir and sighed softly. "Amir, can you go in the kitchen with your mom and them for a little bit?"

Nodding, Amir got up and left the room, allowing DJ to continue.

"Before I met her." He continued. "I was told by doctors that I would never be able to have my own children. My sperm was dead. But, she got pregnant. I got her pregnant... and I knew that that had to have been God's way of telling me that she was the one. So I proposed, and I made her my wife. There was no doubt in my mind that she was the woman I wanted in my life, for the rest of my life. And here we are, sixteen years later, and I still feel the same way I did on the day I fell for her. But love is a huge commitment. You're young, and I know you love her, but don't propose to her for the wrong reasons. Yes, she's pregnant with your baby, but that shouldn't be the soul purpose of your proposal. You need to make sure that she's the one you want to stay committed to for the rest of your life."

"She is." He nodded. "But... do you and mom ever argue?"

"Of course. All the time." He chuckled. "We have a couple big argument here and there, but it's nothing that can't be fixed. Everybody argues, Mase. That's just inevitable. You just have to be willing to put it behind you and apologize. And if you love her, that won't be hard to do. Pride means nothing when it comes to love."

Nodding, Mason stared at the floor while he rubbed his knees. Closing his eyes, he sighed softly and shook his head.

"You good?" DJ asked, frowning a little as he stared at his son.

"Yeah." He mumbled. "I just feel like... I have a problem getting over our arguments, even though they aren't that bad. When we argue... I say rude shit to her that didn't need to be said."

"Like what?" DJ frowned.

"We got into an argument the other day when she got pregnant... and another one about the move. I was honestly pissed at her for getting pregnant and blamed her for it... I was being a dick. And on the moving thing... she didn't want to go at first, so we argued and I told her that it was impossible for her to know how I felt about the situation because she never had her family move away from her and she never had to experience living without her family and she never would... which hurt her feelings. I was being a real dick."

"Jeremiah." He frowned. "You do realize that she was in fact ripped away from her father at a very young age, right? You don't think she had to adjust to that? Or the fact that she was taken from her grandma and forced to live with her mother? Who let a man rape and beat her? She did have to adjust to living without some of her family, and it was for the worst. Why would you say that shit to her?"

"I don't know." He sighed. "But I felt like shit for it."

"As you should." He frowned, looking him up and down.

"Wait, how did you know about her stepdad?"

"Pastor Brown." He answered. "Your mother and I both know. When we had our fallout, she put everything in the light, and I despise her for doing so. I'm not supposed to know about what happened to her... that's her life and she kept that part of her private for a reason. But with all that she's been through, why would you willingly say hurtful shit to her? Don't you think she's been hurt enough?"

Looking down, Mason flinched a little at the thought that had popped into his head, but he quickly shook it away.

"Mase?"

"I'm gonna step outside for a minute." He mumbled and quickly got up, leaving the room before his dad could respond.

Shaking his head, DJ got up and headed to the kitchen where the rest of his family was at, smiling at them.

"You done prepping for tomorrow?" He asked, walking up behind Carmen and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Almost." She smiled, looking back at him over her shoulder as she held the wooden spoon in her hand up to his lips. "Taste the sauce and tell me if I got it right."

Watching them, Deja continued to wrap the little bit of food that needed to sit over night, all while smiling to herself.

"I hope I get in a relationship like mom and dad in the future." Blessing mumbled to Deja. "Dads like... the best dad and husband ever."

"He is." Deja agreed, still smiling as she looked back down at the bowl of food in front of her. "Um... where'd Mason go?" She asked, making DJ lift his head off of Carmen's shoulder and look at her.

"He went out back, but I'd give him a little bit of space for a few minutes. He looked like he needed a minute."

Nodding, she grabbed the bowl off the counter and placed it in the fridge.

"Why don't you take a little break." Carmen suggested. "Go chill on the couch and I'll let you know when dinners ready."

"Okay." Deja smiled.

Leaving the kitchen, she went to the living room and sat on the couch, letting out a small breath.

Staring at Mason through the glass door, she just sighed softly. He paced the back porch slowly and chewed his thumbnail while he stared at the ground, obviously bothered by something.

She wanted to go out and talk to him, but she also knew that she needed to listen to DJ and give Mason his moment. So she tore her eyes away from him and looked down at her stomach.

Closing her eyes, she sighed and bit down firmly and shook her head.

"God... I know I say I don't believe in you, and it's probably wrong for me to do this now but... please." She whispered, "please just let him be okay... I'm worried about him. He loves you... so please, just help him with whatever he's going through... he needs it."

She didn't know if she had prayed correctly, considering she had never done it, but once she opened her eyes, it felt as if almost all of her energy had vanished just from saying that little prayer, which made her sigh.

Please let him be okay...

To be continued..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was going to keep it going but this chapter was getting to be a little too long, so I'll just continue this in the next chapter.

How do you guys feel about this though? Anything you wanna get off your chest?

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

544K 28.9K 50
There is a darkness that lurks inside of me. The evil that runs through my veins is a constant reminder of the ruthless killer I once was. But someh...
1M 21.2K 46
Best Ranking #2 badluck #9 finished #22firststory "I want to be able to hold you, kiss you, love you, WHENEVER and wherever I want" 18+ (Book 1) (...
1.4M 45K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...
11.7K 403 1
You must always follow your dream. Romance for mature readers. Complete Novella - 23,000 words. Warning: This story contains mature content.