Finding Forever (Tom Hiddlest...

By atracyxo

"Its not a matter of finding the person you were meant to be with, but a matter of waiting to find each other... More

Finding Forever (Tom Hiddleston Fanfic)
Support
Choices
Big Move
Stranger
Settling In
Putting It Together
Who I Am
Photos
Whiskey
What I Did Last Night
Weekend
My Light
Assistant
Nightmare
Dorney Lake
New Things
Boxes
Broken Barrier
Truth Comes Out
Me
Ari
Mommy Daughter Time
The Best For Last
Answers
Going To Be Okay
All About Timing
Company
Let it Burn
Pick You Up
You Are Beautiful
Legacy
Closer To Him
Footprints
Up To Me
Revealed
Things to Give You
My Corny Surprise
Don't Go
Falling For Her Is Up!
Author's Request

One Year Later

16.9K 825 536
By atracyxo

Love is like a destination. Some are able to reach it faster than others. Some don't reach it at all. And some get lost along the way.

"Ms. Harrington the photos came back from development. How do they look?"

I turned on the over head light to examine the nature photos done by one of my newest photographers. "Beautiful. Great job Sydney."

"Thank you boss!" Sydney said, excitedly.

"Syd, I told you. Just because I am your boss, doesn't mean you have to call me boss. Call me Ariana." I said as I pat her on the back.

"Yes. I forgot. Thank you, Ariana."

Being my own boss was still new to me.

I grinned and walked towards my office when my phone began to ring.

"Hello?" I answered it.

There on the phone, was that girly British voice that I missed so much. Lucy. "Well hello there. So what? Yo a big shot owner of one of the most popular agencies in England, and you can't give your old boss a call every now and then?"

I laughed. "Sorry Lucy, I've been kind of up to my knees in busy. But don't worry, I'm not going to forget about you."

"Good. You better not." She said. "I just wanted to call quick and say congratulations. On the agency. You deserve it."

I smiled. "Thank you. That means a lot."

"Well, I won't keep you. Like you said, you have a lot of work to do if Harrington Photo Agency is actually going to beat out London Photo.

I smirked. "And the friendly rivalry continues. Goodbye Lucy. And watch your back." I said jokingly.

She chuckled. "You do the same, newbie."

It was still so surreal. My new life. And by new life, I mean... totally different life. Better life. Being my own boss. Living my dream. I've been chasing dreams all my life. And now, its like... I can finally stop. There is nothing left to chase. Because I have everything I've been looking for. Everything that I would imagine in my wildest and most unrealistic dreams, I have it. I have it all and I'm not taking it for granted for a single second.

Back then, I thought that this point in my life, was impossible. To reach the point where I let go of my past, and held onto something worth holding onto. But it was possible.

My phone began to ring again. I took a deep breath and answered. "Lucy. I'm sorry but I'm busy..."

"So that's my new nickname? Lucy?" Tom said sarcastically.

"Oh hey, sorry I thought you were Lucy." I said.

"Nope its just your devilishly handsome boyfriend." Tom said jokingly. Although, it was true. "Well, I know you're busy but would you mind doing me a favor darling?" He said sweetly.

I grinned. "Anything."

"Meet me at Dorney Lake at 7pm sharp. My favorite spot. Don't be late."

My heart skipped a beat, or five. The last time a man told me to meet him somewhere special, it didn't go too well. But with Tom, I had faith that this time was going to be different. "Uh, okay. I'll be there. Not a minute late."

"Good. I love you. Have a good day. And remember to relax a little! I know you're  the boss but, even the boss deserves a lunch break."

I smiled. "You do care."

"Of course I do darling. What else am I here for?"

I laughed silently under my breath. He had that affect on me. He couldn't go a day without making me smile. "Okay, I love you. See you at seven."

"I'll be waiting as patiently as possible until then. Love you too." He said.

I hung up with him quick and immediately shot my mom a quick text.
Message from Ariana to Mom: Mom. This time its happening. I feel it. Tom is going to propose. There isn't a doubt in my mind. Text me when you get the chance. I'll call you and tell you everything. I love you.

-

-

"Goodbye Ariana. Have a great weekend!" Sydney said.

"You too Syd. Be safe." I said as I locked up the agency for the weekend.

It was about 5:45. That gave me plenty of time to get to Dorney Lake. I was still so nervous. But not like, bad feeling nervous. Nervous like, butterfly's before your first kiss nervous. I know everything's going to be okay. But I still tense up.

I opened the door to the Jag, and watched the people across the street. And all of a sudden, something caught my attention. Out of the corner of my eye.

John.

I shut the door to the Jag and walked across the street, to get a better look. And confirm that it was really him.

"John?" I said. Sort of loudly.

John turned around and looked down at me. "Ariana! Hey. Wow."

"Hey, I thought it was you I saw. What are you doing here?" I asked, surprised to be seeing him right in front of me.

"I was just looking for the nearest coffee shop. I'm actually, on my honeymoon. We're traveling through a few countries. And London was on our list of places to visit." He shook his head slowly, still as shocked as I was. "I can't believe its you! I thought we wouldn't run into each other honestly, considering the number of people here."

"I know, its crazy. Congratulations on the marriage." I said.

He grinned. "Thank you. And, I believe, an apology is in order for you. From me. I'm sorry I acted like I did. With the breakup. I shouldn't have-"

I stopped him. "John. Its okay. All that matters is that, we're both happy now. So let's not travel back to the past. Because neither of us can fix our mistakes. Can we just, forget about it?"

He smiled. "I would like nothing more."

I nodded. "Good." Then I held out my hand. "I'm really happy for you. Really." I said sincerely.

John shook my hand. "You too Ariana."

I let go of his hand. "Oh and, the coffee shop, a few blocks down, sells some great coffee. Go now, it should still be open until 6pm."

John smiled. "Thank you. Goodbye."

"Goodbye John." I gave him one last smile. And I turned around.

For once, when I said goodbye to John, it didn't hurt. When I came across an old picture, it didn't affect me. I didn't shed a single tear over him.

That's how I know its over. I made it. Its only uphill from here. Uphill with another man. A man who I know loves me.

Walking away from John, was the easiest thing I've ever done in my entire life.

I never thought I'd say that.

-

-

I slammed the door to the Jag shut and glanced down at my watch, right by my bracelet. It was 6:58. I got to Dorney Lake just in time.

As I walked to Tom's favorite spot. I couldn't stop thinking about my light at the end of the tunnel.

I turned the corner to the entrance of Dorney Lake. And I saw a tall man, standing up straight. Looking my way.

That's him. That's my light.

Second chances. Some people don't need them. And others do.

Some people get lucky enough to get them. And others don't.

Me? I needed a second chance. And I was one of the lucky ones. To start over, to fall in love with a man that is as perfect as this man is. This man, standing in front of me right now. Looking at me with such love. Like there is no other woman in the world but me. Like nothing else matters. With Tom, I was beyond lucky. I was blessed.

Like I said...Back then, this moment in my life was impossible. But someone made me realize just how possible it is. Just how wrong I was.

And that someone was looking at me right now.

I kept on walking until I got close enough to see the little black box, in Tom's shaky hand.

I stopped short when I saw him kneel down on one knee. His smile, his eyes, on no one else but me. Then he said those words. "Ariana Harrington. Will you marry me?"

I smiled through the tears in my eyes. "What else am I here for?" I said, mocking his words, from earlier on the phone, like I always did.

I ran up to him as he shot up quickly from his position and held me tight. Planting his lips on mine.

The way we collided.

Just like everything I've ever dreamed about.

I heard the snap of a camera and I detached my lips from Toms. I looked over to see my mom.

She was holding Tom's camera in her hands. She smiled at me. "Picture perfect moment." She said as a tear of joy ran down her cheek.

I smiled at her warmly. And looked back up to my fiancé. "I love you, so much."

Tom locked eyes with mine. "And I love you, Ari."
I guess you could say, I was the one who got lost along the way. But in the end, I found what I was searching for. My destination. And sure, there were some bumps along the way. And I fell. But every mistake I made, every thing that knocked me down, led me to my destination. Led me to love. So why would I change any of it?

I know my father is watching me right now. With the love of my life. With my fulfilled dreams. And I know he's smiling. This is where he wanted to lead me.

And I knew my father would have loved Tom. He led me to Tom for a reason. To fix me. To teach me. And that's exactly what Tom did. With every word, with every look. Tom repaired me.

He showed me happiness after heartbreak. And love after loss. And most of all, he gave me hope. Hope In finding my light at the end of the tunnel, hope in finding my destination. Tom gave me hope in Finding Forever.

The end!!!!!
I want to take a few moments to thank each and everyone who took then time to read this story!
Note: The first part of the chapter that is italicized, goes with the italicized part at the end of the chapter! its all one big quote from Ariana.
BIG NEWS: there will be no sequel to this story. But luckily I will be making a whole new Tom Hiddleston Fanfiction, Called 'Fighting For You' !!!!!!! and instead of being written in the girl's p.o.v ... its in Toms p.o.v!!!!! I'll be releasing more info on it tomorrow! follow me on IG for info. ( @goddessofmischiefxx ) I'll tell you when I will put up the first chapters! I hope you get to read it!
Love you all! x.Ashley

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 420 25
*Takes place after the first story when Loki fell down from the rainbow bridge.* After Loki lets go of Thor's hammer he fell into the darkness. He aw...
197K 7.5K 57
Everyone knows these days would come. That our beloved celebrities were to be death threatened not only through via social media, but in real life...
13.7K 631 113
Emily Visser, 21, leaves Switzerland to move to London for a few months to try to put her life back together. She meets Tom Hiddleston, 40 years old...
4.6K 274 6
This is the sequel to Letters From Will. It picks up right after the verdict is read in the courtroom. She's lost everyone she had except Charlie, bu...