𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 ↠ the 100...

By wtrmellonsugar

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷┊ 𝗙 𝗘 𝗔 𝗥 𝗟 𝗘 𝗦 𝗦 ❁ཻུ۪۪ ━ 𝒂𝒅𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 /ˈfɪr.ləs/ 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘯𝘰 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳 : 𝘢 𝘧... More

𝖢𝖺𝗌𝗍
𝖥𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗁𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄
𝖠𝖼𝗍 𝗈𝗇𝖾
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
𝖠𝖼𝗍 𝗍𝗐𝗈
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
𝖠𝖼𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
𝖠𝖼𝗍 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12

16

5.1K 192 98
By wtrmellonsugar

FEARLESS | xvi.
"You're a monster!"

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Reyna was alone, running through the corridors of the Mountain, she had no idea where she needed to go but she remembered Clarke talking about level 5 and that was the only place she could think of so she intended to find it.

Which was difficult because she had never been inside or knew a lot about the place because she was mostly in Tondc and not back in their camp with Raven.

But finding her way in the Mountain wasn't the only thing on her mind. Her mind also raced with the throughs of Lexa, the girl who betrayed her.

Lexa broke the alliance and walked away, leaving her to die on that mountain for all she was aware of.

They were so close to getting their people back, so near to ending the ruthless Mountain Men, yet Lexa left her there.

How else could Reyna view this other than betrayal? Her friends had become nothing but a bargaining chip, left to be tortured and ultimately to die.

How could she do that?

Reyna thought she knew Lexa, that they've begun to find a balance between their people and with each other. Reyna never thought for one second that things would end this way.

Lexa always spoke of honor, but how was this the actions of a honorable warrior? Maybe Reyna was wrong to think they could walk the same path, foolish to let her into her heart.

Reyna felt despair creep into her heart, for her friends still trapped in the mountain and selfishly for herself. She allowed her feelings for Lexa to become so prevalent and now her heart was shattered. Reyna would have followed Lexa into battle, into the eye of storm and beyond. All that remained was betrayal and heartache.

She felt the betrayal pierce her heart, she felt the rage in her veins when she thought about the Commander. The hatred bubbled up inside of her and took residence in her chest, made her stomach turn. It clouded her mind and distracted her.

She also felt terrible knowing that she disobeyed a direct order, which meant she wasn't one of the Trikru anymore, she wasn't going to be welcome in Polis.

The only thing that she wanted was to be one of them because she felt like she belonged with the grounders. Camp Jaha wasn't her home and it'll never be and she would never come back to their camp.

Reyna was set on leaving as soon as she got her friends home safe, even if Lexa wouldn't allow her back in Polis. She needed to get away from the Ark. The place that she once called home, but it never really was.

Reyna came to a halt when she heard the sound of heavy boots hitting the floor with light thuds. She pushed herself back against the wall. She had her sword in her hand ready to attack. The guard who was walking alone in the corridor next to the one she was in made a turn only to be met with Reyna's sword piercing right through his chest as she put her hand on his mouth to stop him from screaming.

He died within seconds and Reyna dropped his lifeless body down. She knew they would find out she was there soon enough, so she needed to get to level 5 as soon as possible.

The corridors seemed endless and there was many of them, they all looked alike and she had no idea in which direction she was supposed to go in.

After a few minutes of aimlessly strutting around, Reyna noticed a board on a wall and it said that she was on level 1. She huffed as she started moving again, trying to find an elevator or a staircase to go up.

Suddenly three guards appeared from the other end of the corridor she was walking in and their eyes widened at the sight of Reyna, they thought she was a grounder because of her clothes and warpaint.

Reyna acted quickly and ran towards them, throwing her sword towards one of them, the sword stabbed through the guard's chest killing him instantly.

She slid down on the floor kicked her feet at the ones left standing causing them to be thrown off of their legs and fall down flat on their backs. She pulled the sword out of the guard's chest and swung it at the other one's the throat.

The third one started running away but Reyna chased after him, he switched his direction into one of the other corridors getting out of her sight. She hurried after him and when she recognized his figure, she hurled her sword towards him, piercing it right through his back.

He fell down instantly and she ripped the sword out, wiping the blood off of it on the sides of her pants.

She sprinted through the hallways making random turns until she noticed a double door with two small windows on it. She looked through the windows and saw a staircase.

Reyna sighed in relief as she opened the door and sprinted up the countless stairs. At one point she came to a door that said "Level 2". She knew her friends weren't there so she climbed up again.

She passed level 3 and climbed up and recognized a door with a sign that said "Level 4" and she knew she was close to where she needed to be.

Suddenly she heard voices causing her to stop in her tracks. She heard footsteps going down the staircase, she heard voices coming from other people, by the sound of the voices she could recognize at least five of them.

And they were getting closer and closer, Reyna panicked and tried to open the door of level four. She pulled the handle but it didn't move, she tried again but then she realized it was locked. Causing her to grow more frustrated.

The voices got louder and Reyna heard a voice speak on a radio. "We have an emergency on level 1. It seems that an outsider from the Grounder army has made their way into the Mountain."

"We're on our way." One of the voices responded.

"What are our orders?"

"Shoot to kill." The voice on the radio said and that was when Reyna realized that the people coming down were guards and that they had guns.

She cursed in her head and hurried down to level 3 which was the level below her, she ran down the stairs as fast as she could, so she would be able to find a place to hide or a way to level 5.

When she made it to level 3, she found the door of the level. When she pulled the handle down, she prayed that it was unlocked in her head. Surprisingly the door swung open and Reyna realized it was unlocked. She walked inside and closed the door behind her.

Her eyes scanned the hallway she found herself in. It was empty and clean. It didn't have a single stain or anything out of order.

She inhaled the evocative scent and smelled the chemicals. It was a heavy scent of disinfection products and it reminded her of the smell Med Bay had back on the Ark. So Reyna realized that the level she was in was some kind of a level for medical treatment.

She noticed a board and walked close to it so she could read it.

Level 3
301 - Quarantine
303 - Medical labs
304 - Medical labs

The closest door was 301 so she opened in and walked through it. She found herself in large hallway.

The walls and the floors were white and smooth. There were countless white doors with small circular windows on them.

Reyna peeked through one of the windows and noticed that the room was empty. It was a pretty dull room with everything colored white except a painting on one of the walls.

She walked through the level until she heard voices from one of the rooms, she carefully and slowly made her way to the sounds with her sword held in her hand.

Reyna glanced through the window on the door and noticed Clarke, Bellamy, and Monty with an older looking man. She sighed in relief before walking inside and all eyes focused on her.

She already knew that Clarke wouldn't give up on saving her friends, but she didn't expect to find her inside the Mountain with Monty and Bellamy.

"What the hell went through your mind to make you think you could go inside alone?" Clarke asked with a scoff coming from her lips.

"Well nice to see you too, blondie." Reyna smirked.

"You could've died." Clarke sighed with worry lacing her tone.

"Please, like that's ever stopped me before." Reyna scoffed and then shifted her gaze to Monty who was already looking at her with a wide grin on his face.

Reyna's expression immediately softened as she threw her arms around Monty's neck and smiled into the hug with a few tears brimming in her eyes.

"I missed you so much, Monty." Reyna whispered and clutched his shirt tighter.

Monty himself had a few tears in his eyes as he sighed in relief when he saw that Reyna was alright. She looked a lot different but she was still the same Reyna he knew before they got separated by the Mountain Men.

"I missed you too, Rey." He smiled as the two pulled away out of the hug.

"Where's Jasper?" Reyna looked around the room noticing that the boy was missing.

"He went with Octavia." Clarke responded.

"Don't worry, Rey." Monty told her, "He's okay."

Reyna nodded before her gaze drifted off to Bellamy who was giving her a small smile. She let out a breath of relief before she walked over to him and pulled him into a hug.  Bellamy was visibly taken back by the action and was hesitant at first before he wrapped his arms around her as well.

"I'm glad you're okay, Blake." Reyna pulled out of the hug with a small smile on her lips.

"I'm glad you're okay too." He told her with the same smile.

"Can you get us into the command center? We need to see what's happening on level five." Clarke asked Monty.

"No problem." Monty replied in a reassuring tone.

"Let's go. You're gonna help us whether you like it or not." Bellamy told Dante as he grabbed him by his forearm and dragged him out of the room with the rest of them as they all headed the room to the command center.

When they got there Monty worked on some wires to unlock the door because Bellamy's keycard was denied.

All of them stayed in silence, it grew uncomfortable and Reyna glanced at Dante a few times trying to figure out who he was.

Once he noticed her staring she immediately shifted her gaze away.

"I told you there's no one here." Dante broke the silence and Bellamy sighed with a shake of his head.

"Sorry if we don't take your word for it." He gave him a half-hearted shrug.

"Why aren't you with your people on level five?" Clarke asked Dante.

"After what I've done, they can be free. I can't. Deliverance comes at a cost." Dante paused while taking a deep breath. "I bear it so they don't have to."

Bellamy looked up with wide eyes as he realized what happened. "It wasn't Cage. It was your idea to make the deal with the Grounders." Dante nodded before he drifted his stare to Reyna.

His eyes scanned over her clothes, weapons and the warpaint stained around her eyes as he tried to figure it out. "You're one of them. Why didn't you leave with your Commander?" He asked her and she sighed sadly in response.

"I might be one of them, but my friends are in here and I'm not giving up without a fight." Reyna told him and their attention was stolen by the clicking sound coming from the door.

Monty sighed in relief and looked up from the handle of the door. "We're in. Got it." He told them and they all walked inside the command center, realizing that it was empty and Dante was being honest.

"It's clear. He's telling the truth." Bellamy added.

"Let's get the monitors up." Clarke told them and Monty sat down in front of the computer and worked on them, after a minute the monitors turned on.

"The command center is live." He informed everyone.

Reyna looked at the monitor that showed the camera feed from the dorms where Raven was being drilled into for bone marrow. Her heart clenched at the sight of Raven crying and screaming at the medical table with sweat all over her as they hurt her.

Her sadness soon turned into rage, she wanted them dead, she wanted the ones who hurt her friends to suffer.

"Is that Raven?" Bellamy quietly asked as Clarke approached closer to the monitors and noticed Abby. Reyna walked back and grabbed one of the radios and held it in front of Dante.

"Tell them to stop this right now." She demanded but he shook his head in refusal.

"I won't do that." He answered and she gripped his wrist and twisted it making him groan in pain.

"There's no reason for violence." Dante croaked out while she tightened her grip on his wrist and glared at him with a deadly look on her face.

"There's every reason for violence." Reyna growled, her voice rough and determined. "Tell them to stop or I'll cut your fingers off one by one."

Clarke sighed and grabbed her elbow pulling her back. "No, Reyna. I have a better idea." She protested and took the radio.

Clarke held it close to her lips and turned it on. "Carl Emerson, Mount Weather Security Detail, come in." She spoke into the radio.

"Who is this?" Emerson voice asked on the radio.

"You know who it is. Give the radio to the president." Clarke added as her eyes locked on the monitors ahead.

"They're moving." Bellamy told them, noticing Emerson walking away on the monitor.

"No problem. I'll bring it on the main monitor." Monty responded before he switched the camera feed to the biggest monitor in the room.

"This is President Wallace." Reyna saw a man dressed in a grey suit talk through the radio on the monitor.

"I have your father. If you don't let my people go, I'll kill him." Clarke threatened him.

"How do I know you have him?" He asked and Clarke held the radio near Dante for him to speak.

"Stay the course, Cage." Dante told his son.

"You won't do it." Cage added after a moment and Reyna rolled her eyes before she snatched the radio from Clarke.

"She might not but I promise you that I will." Reyna growled with certainty.

"Who are you?" Cage asked with his eyebrows slightly knitted in confusion.

"Trust me, you don't want to find out." Reyna replied. "Release them, now." She demanded.

Cage shook his head and took a glance at his people. "I can't do that." He responded and Reyna tightened her grip on the radio, her knuckles turning white as her jaw worked back and forth in anger.

"It would mean the end of our people, Reyna." Dante spoke up from behind her and Reyna felt the rage burning inside of her grow bigger.

She turned around and pushed him against the wall, holding her sword on his throat. Dante swallowed the lump in his throat while his eyes scanned over her face realizing that she wasn't kidding when she said that she would kill him.

"Reyna, we need him." Bellamy told her trying to stop her from killing the man trapped by her sword.

Reyna tore her gaze away from Dante and towards Bellamy. "We need Cage to believe us." She growled and held the radio close to her lips. "You have twenty seconds to make the decision before I slit your father's throat."

Reyna shifted her gaze to the monitor and noticed Cage considering his options, he looked back at his people and sighed.

"I'll take care of our people, dad." He spoke hesitantly into the radio with a regretful look on his face.

"You chose." Reyna growled into the radio before slashed her sword across Dante's throat, the blood oozed out as he put his hands over the wound trying to stop the bleeding.

She put the radio close to him so Cage could hear his father coughing and suffering while he died. Reyna lifted her chin while she watched Dante fall, slowly dying on the floor, she felt no remorse for him.

"I only have two things to say, if you don't let them go I won't stop, I'll kill you and everyone who agrees with you." She paused. "If you don't free my friends and the Sky people, I will irradiate level 5." Reyna threatened before Clarke snatched the radio from her.

"Cage, listen to me. I don't want anyone else to die. Stop the drilling, and we can talk. There must be a way to get us all out of this." She tried to convince him but Cage wasn't giving in.

He turned the radio off and then they noticed Emerson walking over to him on the monitor. Cage gave him the radio and then Emerson walked away.

"Emerson is coming for us." Clarke added when she noticed Emerson running on the monitors and heading in the direction of the command center.

"They deactivated my key card. Can you do that to his?" Bellamy asked Monty.

Monty nodded. "That one is easy."

Reyna drifted her gaze from the monitor Emerson was on and looked at another one that showed Cage walking away.

"Where is he going?" Reyna questioned.

"The dorm." Clarke replied frantically.

"He's going for your mother." Reyna realized and Clarke's eyes widened. "It's eye for an eye."

Clarke's breathing sped up as she turned to Monty. "Monty, can you do it?" She asked him. "Can you irradiate the level?"

"I can do it." Monty replied almost immediately.

"Wait a second, Clarke. We need to think about this." Bellamy spoke up trying to calm her down. "There are kids in there..." He told Clarke.

Reyna shifted her gaze to Bellamy with a sigh. "Blake, there is only one way for this to end. It's your people or theirs." She told him with a strong voice but he shook his head in disagreement.

"There are people here who helped us." Bellamy replied.

"I know but we have no choice, sometimes we need to make difficult choices to survive." Reyna raised he voice in frustration.

"It's wrong." Bellamy spoke softly and she shook her head remembering Lexa's words. The words that she would always remember. The words that Lexa told her before she left her.

"It's survival." Reyna growled and he sighed in frustration as he turned away from her throwing his hands up in defeat.

They stared at the monitors and noticed Cage in the dorm, suddenly the guards grabbed Raven and pulled her off of the table. They unchained Abby and walked over her as she trashed around trying to get out of their grip.

"What have we done?" Clarke whispered with tears in her eyes. They strapped Abby down on the medical table and started drilling her leg. She screamed in pain and Clarke let out a few tears.

"If we do this, there's no going back." Bellamy warned them.

"Figure it out." Clarke told Monty and he started working on the computer.

After a while they recognized Octavia and Maya running after two people. Octavia killed two guards and then a few of them chased after her.

"They got to get out of there." Bellamy added before they heard Emerson banging on the door of the command center.

"He's here." Clarke gasped and Monty spotted two guards leading Jasper into the dorm.

"Can anything else go wrong?" Reyna huffed as her eyes scanned the monitors.

After a few moments she noticed that the guards caught Octavia, her heart beat sped up in fear. Thankfully they didn't hurt Octavia and Reyna felt the relief wash over her.

Monty continued working on the computers, trying to get them ready to irradiate the level, then suddenly, he stopped and all attention in the room was focused on him with their expressions full of confusion.

"Why are you stopping?" Clarke asked Monty.

"Because I did it." Monty replied. "All we have to do is pull this." He pointed his finger to a lever. "Hatches and vents will open, and the scrubbers reverse, pulling in outside air."

Bellamy shifted his gaze to the monitor that showed Emerson pulling out a small bomb and he immediately aimed his gun towards the door. Reyna unsheathed her sword and faced the door with Bellamy. She was ready for a fight, and she knew that they could win a fight with Emerson.

"He's gonna blow the door." Bellamy warned them as Reyna ran a hand through her hair.

"We're out of time." Monty shouted in frustration and distress. Reyna glanced between her friends through the monitors and the lever that was the key to their survival. She took a deep breath as she reluctantly took a step closer to the lever.

"I'll do it." Reyna spoke, her voice low and determined as she placed her hand on the lever, releasing a shaky breath through her lips. Clarke shook her head and walked closer to her, with her face flooding with disagreement and anxiety.

"Reyna-" Clarke sighed.

"Clarke, I already have blood on my hands I can do this." Reyna tried to reassure both Clarke and herself.

She didn't want to pull the lever but she had no other option. It would mean the death of her friends and she couldn't leave them to die, not when she had a choice.

It was her friends or the mountain people and she knew her decision, even if she was aware that some people there helped them, Reyna wasn't willing to let her friends die to spare some of the people who were kind enough to keep them alive.

She knew it was selfish but she also knew that sometimes she had to act selfish to keep the ones she cared about alive.

"I'm not letting you do this on your own." Clarke placed her hand over Reyna's and Reyna sighed in relief and squeezed Clarke's hand thankfully.

"Ogeda." (Together.) Reyna whispered Clarke who nodded with a few tears glistening over her eyes.

"Ogeda." Clarke responded with her voice cracking slightly and sweat coating her forehead.

Reyna took a deep breath and swallowed the lump in her throat as the two of them pulled the lever down slowly.

Each time the lever went lower the more regret Reyna felt because of the decision she made, but it was too late to give up. She destined those people to death, some of them were innocent and Reyna couldn't stop the feelings of remorse and guilt taking over her.

After it was down Reyna blinked away the few tears that formed in her eyes. It had to be done. She tried to convince herself but it wasn't working.

She felt like her heart sunk down to her stomach, her breath became uneven as her eyes locked on the monitors waiting for the radiation to affect the mountain people.

After a few moment alarms started beeping and Reyna watched the monitors as the people from the mountain slowly started running out of oxygen. Their skin burnt from radiation and they soon started falling down to the ground, dying a slow and painful death. And it was all because of her.

She was pulled out of her thoughts when Emerson ran away from the door and Reyna took hesitant a step back from the monitors and so did Clarke.

"Let's go get our people." Clarke whispered and they walked out of the command center and towards the Mess Hall. When they got there it was full of dead bodies, some were on the floor, some on the chairs and some on the couches.

A mountain full of corpses, all laid out in front of her. Their skin blistered and bruised.

She trained to fight a war, but she didn't fight. She had no scars to tell her that she won a war. No battle wounds to tell her that she defeated her enemy.

They walked further into the Mess Hall and noticed Jasper on the floor with Maya's body in his hands. His cheeks were stained with tears and his hands were shaking as he held the body of his dead lover.

Reyna felt like she could break down just by seeing the look of hatred on his face as he glared at her like he didn't recognize her at all. Like she wasn't the Reyna he cared about rather a killer.

"What the hell did you do?" He asked them with a broken voice.

"There was no other choice, Jasper." Reyna told him with her voice cracking a little bit.

"I was gonna kill Cage. If you'd just given me one more minute, it would've been over." He said with his voice breaking as he shook his head with tears running down his flushed red cheeks.

"Jasper, they never would've stopped." Bellamy told him calmly.

"We have to go to the dorm." Clarke added before she left with Bellamy leaving Reyna and Monty alone with Jasper.

Reyna didn't know what to say to him or how to approach him. She knew she had ruined his life, she knew how he felt. She lost her first love too, and she lost him because of one of her best friends.

She now realized that she wasn't any better than Finn. She destroyed a mountain full of people like Finn destroyed a village. But she was worse than him, way worse than him, she had the blood of 300 people on her hands.

"Jasper?" She managed to speak with tears filling her eyes, Jasper shifted his gaze to her with a bleak and grave expression on his face. He gave her an awful sad stare of hopelessness.

A sob escaped Reyna's lips but she didn't let her tears fall. "I'm so sorry." She stuttered with her voice breaking while she barely choked out the words.

Jasper's breathing became uneven and furious while he stood up and took a step towards her with nothing but a loathing expression on his face. "I thought you were my friend." He told her with a broken voice and she shook her head.

"I am your friend." Reyna whispered faintly with no energy or strength left to speak.

"I don't ever want to see your again." Jasper spat with a tone laced with disgust causing Reyna to bite back the sobs that threatened to escape her lips.

"I never wanted for her t-"

She was cut off by Jasper yelling, "You're a monster!" He screamed the words in her face a couple of times while Reyna just stood there letting him scream in her face, not moving an inch.

But maybe he was right, maybe she was a monster. The only excuse she had for committing mass murder was the one that she did it to save her friends. But deep down Reyna knew that she wanted them all to suffer, she wanted revenge but she would never be able to admit it.

"Go away!" Jasper shouted with more tears falling from his eyes.

Reyna didn't say a word, she just turned around and ran away into one of the dark corridors away from the Mess Hall.

She stopped running when she distanced herself enough from everyone. She opened the door of a random room and rushed inside closing the door shut behind her. Reyna used the wall to keep her balance while salty tears blurred her sight.

She let the tears fall freely not being able to stop them. The only sounds that she could hear were the cries and sobs coming from her mouth.

She felt like she was suffocating and she wasn't only crying for Mount Weather. She was crying for Lexa's betrayal, she was crying for losing Jasper and she was crying because she knew how much her family would be ashamed of her. She could only imagine the looks of disgust on her parents faces as they look at her not recognizing their daughter anymore.

She won a war, but the war turned her into a monster.

After Reyna had stopped crying, she was feeling numb. She was exhausted by everything that happened. Her expression was blank, she looked hopeless and lost. Her warpaint was smeared down her cheeks because of her tears. Her eyes were red and puffy.

A few minutes ago she felt sad and miserable but then it all turned into numbness.

She slowly strutted out of the room and from and made her way towards the dorm. Monty joined her after a few moments not saying a word when he noticed the emotionless expression on her face.

When they walked inside Reyna spotted Raven laying down on the medical table.

She immediately ran over to her and held her hand. Raven looked exhausted, she looked weak and her face was sweaty. She still had blood dripping down her leg from the drill.

"You're okay now." Reyna whispered and brushed some hair out of her face. Raven looked at her with relief clouding her features.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Raven croaked out and Reyna nodded while she helped Raven sit up. When she did Raven hugged Reyna tightly and let out a few tears.

After a few moments they pulled away from the hug and Reyna realized that Raven was too exhausted to walk.

A guy with dirty blonde hair and a light mustache approached them a few seconds later with a friendly smile on his face.

"I got this." He told Reyna as he picked Raven up bridal style and carried away her towards the exit.

The Sky people started walking back to their camp after successfully defeating the enemy. Reyna walked alone thinking about what she should do. But she was only certain about one thing; she wasn't going back to Camp Jaha. She didn't belong there and she couldn't stay there.

A hand was placed on her shoulder and she shifted her gaze and saw Octavia who looked at her with concern visible on her face.

Reyna just stayed silent and drifted her eyes away and stared blankly at the path ahead of her. Octavia kept her gaze locked on Reyna's face realizing what she was thinking about.

"You did what you had to do, Reyna." She told her softly with a gentle tone and just Reyna nodded slowly.

"I killed them all, everyone in that Mountain." Reyna let her eyes fall down. "Even the children."

"You saved all of our people and our friends, I know you did something really hard but you had no other choice." Octavia reassured her as she grabbed her hand and gave her a comforting squeeze. Reyna nodded gratefully in response but she would never come to terms with what she did, she wasn't ready to, not yet anyway.

"Thanks, O." Reyna forced a small smile.

"Always." Octavia smiled and stopped to hug Reyna tightly as they approached close to the gates of their camp.

"I can't go inside." Reyna whispered in Octavia's ear.

"What?" Octavia asked furrowing her eyebrows and pulling out of the hug with a worried and sad expression on her face.

"I can't, I just can't do it." Reyna's voice cracked as her eyes teared up, Octavia took a hold of her hand.

"What are you gonna do?" She asked with her eyes full of worry. "Where are you gonna go?"

"I don't know." Reyna shook her head and blinked back a few tears. "But I'm not going inside."

"I know you feel like you don't belong here, I do too." Octavia told her with her voice breaking. "But if you leave, I just want you to know that when you come back you'll always have me."

"Thanks, O." Reyna smiled beyond gratefully and hugged Octavia tightly, both of them shed tears of sorrow and sadness of separation. "May we meet again."

"We will, I swear. Because you're not getting rid of me that easily." Octavia chuckled and wiped some of her tears away but her cheeks were still stained by them.

"Don't forget me." Reyna added, handing Octavia a dagger that she got from Darius back when they first landed. Octavia smiled despite the tears in her eyes with her lip trembling a little bit.

"Trust me, I won't." Octavia replied and took the dagger as her eyes scanned over it. She grinned with her eyes full of tears. "Ste yuj, Reyna. Don't lose yourself in the wilderness." Octavia told her before she started walking towards the gate and then glanced at Reyna with their eyes locking on each other's for the last time.

Reyna shifted her gaze and caught a glimpse of Clarke kissing Bellamy's cheek and then hugging him before she started walking away.

Reyna figured that she was leaving too so she started running after her.

"Clarke, wait!" Reyna called after her causing Clarke to come to a halt and turn around. "I'm coming with you."

"I can't let you do that Reyna." Clarke protested and she shook her head.

"Would you rather if I go alone, because if you didn't know I was planning on leaving long before this happened." Reyna confessed and Clarke shifted her stare to her feet.

"Aren't you mad at me for what happened in Tondc?" Clarke asked.

"You made a mistake, I forgave Lexa so I can forgive you too." Reyna squeezed Clarke's hand gently. "I'm not letting you go out there alone." She added as Bellamy appeared behind her, glancing from Clarke to her.

"You're not leaving, are you?" He asked, sadness visible in the tone of his voice.

Reyna lightly nodded as she turned around to face him, swallowing a lump in her throat, "I need to leave, I can't stay here." She sighed in despair.

"Please, don't leave." Bellamy shook his head, his words coming out as a whisper and Reyna just pulled his arm and led him aside.

"I have to." Reyna told him with a look of certainty.

"Look Reyna, I get why you did what you did, but you can't just run away from the problems." He told her with a scoff. "You need to face them." Reyna shook her head in response.

"I just need some time alone, I need to get away." Reyna whispered faintly, but Bellamy just avoided her stare and looked away with a sad nod.

Reyna took a step forward and hugged him. He was hesitant to return the hug at first but when he did, he wrapped his arms tightly around her lower back. After they pulled away she sighed as she took a couple of steps backwards.

"Goodbye, Bellamy." Reyna said softly before turning around and walking faster to catch up with Clarke. They started heading towards the tree line and then into the darkness of the woods without looking back.

Octavia's words echoed around Reyna's mind. "Stay strong, Reyna. Don't lose yourself in the wilderness."

Reyna would stay strong, she always stayed strong despite everything that happened to her. But as for losing herself, she couldn't promise that.

༄༄༄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 224 22
𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚐𝚘 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚙𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚢𝚋𝚘𝚡 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗... 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚊𝚍𝚖𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚒...
34.3K 1.5K 25
" 𝑰 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒊𝒕, 𝒔𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 " - 𝑯𝒆𝒓𝒂 𝑩𝒍𝒂𝒌𝒆 ⎯ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐧�...
185K 5.7K 23
in which Erica Parker escapes Mount Weather, and lands right in the middle of a war between peoples, finding romance along the way. "Love is not weak...
895 73 13
"𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚." OR 「𝘐𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘤...