Opposites Attract

By Sharkiy

Skylar is an omega in her pack, she is a born leader and only wishes to help her pack. She has secrets hidden... More

Before Reading...
Glossary
Protolgue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirteen

12 0 0
By Sharkiy

Tarkik's POV.

My mouth sucked in a sharp breath as I felt my mate's pain and she went unconscious. I had to stop walking to endure the pain, anger, and desperation I was feeling from my mate. It was lucky of me to be alone when this happened and for this not to have happened in the middle of that fight I just came from. Despite us throwing them off from our changes to our patrol wolves, they continued to attack and the attacks are getting more frequent. And just before that fight, I felt Ace die.

I shook my head forcefully. My mate is in danger and they are taking my pack members and killing them and there is not very much I can do about it. Anger began to warm my blood at the thought of those monsters hurting her. I marched on, despite my heart's pull to run to my mate.

"They are not going to stop their attacks anytime soon. Only more wolves will get taken." Ram was saying as I approached him, Blade, and Honey. I gave them each a head bow, which they all returned.

"Regarding the recent attacks at the border," I began, "Beta is correct. The attacks are bound not to stop until the pack is either destroyed or they destroy us. That being said... war is going to come whether we like it or not." And they have my mate.

They all nodded, understanding my statement. Gamma looked in agreement and did not show any signs of arguing, but she did have something to say. "Most of those in training are ready. I have been making rounds and checking up on how everyone is doing."

I gave her a small smile and thanked her. "Good, then we will attack at sundown." The quicker I can get to my mate, the better. Each of their gazes snapped to me with confusion.

"Alpha, we still need to coordinate a plan. We barely know the werewolves' territory and we need to think about if the other werewolf pack might attack us." Blade remarked quickly.

I turned to her. "We do not have a lot of time. They will continue to attack. They already have a pawful of our wolves and..." my mate, "and so we need to do something quickly." I told her firmly.

"Then at least wait another day. You need to tell the pack and make sure they are prepared. They should get one last decent meal before the war. During that time we will be planning everything and thinking of every single outcome so that we can be ready for it." She protested.

"We can have our last good meal tonight." I replied challengingly.

Her whole body language changed and she turned to Ram and Honey. "May I speak to Alpha alone?" She asked them through gritted teeth. Ram seemed a bit conflicted and looked at me. I nodded at him and he bowed and left with Honey.

Blade turned to me with a glare. "What would you like to discuss? Because we do not have time for useless discussions." I growled lowly at her.

"What is it?" She burst out. "Why do you hate me so much? Why am I still your gamma?" I was taken back by her outburst, making me frown in confusion. "Why is it every single time I state my opinion, it is wrong by your standards? Why am I here if I am no use to you? Because you never listen to me, you never take my opinions into consideration."

My mouth hung open slightly. "Gamma, your opinions mean everything to me." I was not completely sure how to tackle this situation or what to say to her.

She laughed, but I could tell it was fake and not humorous at all. "Really? Because all you have done is ignore my suggestions. I do not know what I am doing here if my part in this pack is continuously ignored, making it useless."

I mentally broke through my confusion and shock, realizing how I have been making my own Gamma feel. I have been so focused on Siqiniq that I am not even thinking about my pack. "Gamma, I have not been myself lately and I am not making up an excuse of any sort, but I want you to understand. I am sorry for the ways I have been behaving because that is no way to treat you. I have just been so focused on Siqiniq. And not too long ago, I am almost certain they took her." My shoulders slumped as I said it out loud.

Gamma's face softened. "Alpha..." She didn't know what to say.

I shook my head. "Gamma, I want you to know that without you, this pack would not be as strong as it is today. You know that I was raised with similar thoughts and opinions to my father. And your father and your thoughts and opinions are much the opposite. And that I am so thankful for.

"Without you, I would never question my action situation, I would never rethink plans so I can perfect them, I would never be the Alpha I am today. I know I can be a thorn in your paw, but I need you--this pack needs you." I insisted.

She made eye contact with me and I could see her confusion, anger, and surprise. So many emotions swirled in her eyes and she did not even try to hide them. But still she seemed unbelieving of my statement and she turned away from me.

"Blade," that brought her attention back to me, "I would never lie to you. You know that right?" She cast her eyes down. "I know that I am lying to Beta and Honey, but being honest, I trust you more than either of them."

She shook her head. "I am only your gamma."

I scoffed. "We have known each other for a lot longer and I have gone through more events with you than Beta or Honey. We spent our younger years together, Blade."

"Then stop getting so annoyed with me," she huffed at me.

I laughed. "I think you know me well enough that we annoy each other all the time."

She grinned at me, but then her face grew grim again. "Now I am still not going to agree with you on the decision to attack right away still." I nodded. "Then what are you planning on doing."

I eyed her, no doubt she wanted me to wait and she would not back down on that argument. "I think... you are right. We should plan carefully before we start our attack. And the pack should be prepared as well." I agreed, slightly reluctantly.

She nodded. "We should get back to Beta and Honey." I nodded and her and I found Ram and Honey discussing something while waiting.

They noticed us and straightened up. "I owe you both an apology." I started. "I have been a little on edge with everything going on and I have been letting my emotions get the best of me."

They nodded. "Alpha, we are all on edge. Are you sure this is not anything else?" Honey asked calmly.

I hesitated, but shook my head. "I am just getting very frustrated and angry with some of our pack members captured by that werewolf pack." I stated almost honestly. The two betas gave each other a look before giving me an understanding nod.

As we discussed war plans and different outcomes, my mind drifted to think about Siqiniq. It was harder to keep her out of my thoughts. I wanted to go to her right now and break her out of wherever they are holding her.

However, I can not go after her, no matter how much I want to. It would be a rash decision to try to get to her and I can not fight so many werewolves at once. I would definitely be killed and Siqiniq would want me to be smart.

I only want to keep her safe. And I cannot even do that. She is just out of my grasp. If only we had decided which pack we would stay with as mates then we could have been together. We should not have waited. Blade was right about that too.

"Well, it is obvious that the Frozen Storms Pack is against the Raw Power Pack. We maybe could figure out a way to communicate with the werewolf pack." Blade said and before any of us could say anything, she continued, "I know this could be dangerous, but they could be a good ally. This is a war we are fighting. We should take every opportunity we can."

I hesitated to say anything. I did agree with her, but it would be extremely difficult to communicate with them. The only one who can understand them is Blade and the only one that can understand us is Siqiniq, but she is captured right now.

Ram did not hesitate to protest. "Are you out of your mind? That is the most ridiculous idea you have ever had!"

The fur on my neck straightened and Blade growled at Ram. "I am trying to think of every single thing that could benefit us. Allies would seriously help us right now. And from their conversations, it is clear neither of the werewolf packs like each other. And I can infer that our enemy has been taking werewolves from our potential allies pack.

"Beta, I am doing everything I can to make sure we do not lose to many wolves. We need to be thinking of everything and anything. You need to put aside your opinions and think of the pack first!" Blade had her head and ears lowered, showing obvious signs of aggression.

"Put the pack first? That is exactly what I am doing! We should never trust a werewolf pack. We could be risking the pack by doing such an act. You are clearly not thinking of the pack first!" Ram snarled at Blade.

I quickly stepped in between the two furious wolves and ended the argument. "Enough! Both of you!" I gave them both hard glances. Ram's anger was clear in his eyes while Blade was calm and alert. "This is not the time to fight. Our pack is relying on us and fighting will not help it at all. Our pack needs leaders, leaders that communicate with each other and not argue."

Ram was still frustrated and angry. "You and Gamma were just fighting!" He bursted out.

I growled a warning. "And we worked it out because we both know fighting and arguing is not going to help anyone," I responded calmly.

"Secretively, I would add. What's going on between you two?" He questioned.

I frowned. "There is nothing going on between either of us."

"What are you hiding, Alpha? I know you are hiding something! What is it?" He asked desperately.

"Beta, I do not hide things from any of you. You all know that I am becoming extremely angered from this situation. I do not like my pack members being held captive and experimented on." I replied firmly.

"But you are not telling the full truth," Honey spoke softly.

I sighed, "no, I am not." I glanced at Blade, who raised an eyebrow. "I felt Ace... I felt him pass." No word was uttered. "I did not have the heart to tell Leap yet."

"This war is happening, Alpha, and they are going to pay," Blade said determinedly.

I nodded with my head hanging low. "Continue without me. Leap needs to know. I am sure she felt it, but she may not believe it." Without another word I left them and set off toward her den.

I found her speaking to other thetas. "First Theta." I spoke, causing the crowd to go silent. "May I speak with you?"

Leap nodded and bowed. "Alpha. You know you can call me by my name." I nodded. She licked her lips. "What is wrong?"

"Can we speak of Ace?" I asked softly.

The light bluish grey wolf tensed, but nodded. "We have been keeping an eye out. He has not escaped and we have not found a body." She spoke doubtfully. I shook my head. "Do you know something?" She looked at me hopefully.

I hesitated and looked at her sadly. "I... I am so sorry, Leap." Was all I could manage, but it was all that was needed.

"Are you sure?" She cried out. I nodded and looked down. Her body shook and she sat down. "H-how?"

I shook my head. "I do not-"

"Alpha... please. Just tell me." She pleaded. I looked into her eyes, which were watery with tears.

"In his sleep." I half lied.

She caught it. "How?" She cried out again. "What did the job? What killed him?" Her ears laid flat against her head.

I took in a shaky breath. "They experimented on him. The chemicals killed him in his sleep." I explained truthfully.

"Monsters." She spat. Her mate Crack came up beside her confused from her pain. I turned to leave thinking she is in better hands with her mate. "Alpha." She called and turned to face her again. "Put me in the first wave."

"Leap," I started and searched for any reason not to and found that she was pregnant because I could feel the young ones inside her, "you are pregnant. I do not think it is the best idea."

Crack stared at Leap, extremely surprised."You and I both know that I am a good leader that would be useful out there. I am just in the earliest state and you know it will not affect me." Leap stated confidently and gave her mate a swift look, saying not to argue.

I sighed and nodded. "We will need leaders out on the battlefield. You will be very useful and lead a part of the first wave." She nodded in gratitude.

She looked at Crack before turning back to me. "Once this is over, there will be a proper burial?" I nodded. "But he deserves a howl."

I nodded again. "I will help you."

"Thank you." She offered a small smile.

"Ready when you are."

She tilted her head back and I followed her action. As we raised our howl, I allowed her to channel her message through me to the whole pack. Her message spoke of her brother's death and her anger and sadness.

I heard other howls join in until the whole pack howled together. My pack united together and shared in Leap's anger and sadness. The howl gave my hope and pride for my pack.

We will win this war, but only as a united pack.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 43K 50
Clare, a teenage werewolf, must face the darkness of the pack that took her in. Cold Creek Pack, took in Clare only because of their reputation. Othe...
22.7K 1.4K 24
***COMPLETE*** THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK I EVER WROTE SO ITS RUBISH I SUGGEST READING MY MORE RECENT BOOKS THEN READ THIS ONE TO SEE HOW I HAVE IMPROVED...
229K 6.7K 68
Gay romance mxm (MATURE!!. Smutty) (NOT mpreg) ⚠️🔞⚠️ Kai and Shadow have been best friends forever, but not long after their eighteen birthday, they...
1.4K 76 19
#2 New Moon Series _An enemy of an enemy is a friend_ I have yearned for a mate ever since I learnt of one. Thoughts about having someone who would l...